FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria - coming back to normal

Gran Canaria - coming back to normal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ay68 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

We all love Gran Canaria and many of us have desperately missed going there in 2020. So this thread is for everyone who is planning to go back to GC this year and will provide a notice board where we can see, month by month, how our favourite paradise is returning to normal!

I am relying on those of you lucky enough to live in GC to keep us updated on what's happening there, as well as anyone who visits and can give us information about;

- Are the beach bars open and have the beach sunbeds come back?

- Which clubs are open ?

- How many bars and restaurants are open in the Yumbo and Cita Centre.

- Have curfews been lifted?

- And most important, has the unique and very special vibe returned to this little piece of Heaven on Earth...?

Please add your info as and when

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Yawn

By *oiretblancCouple  over a year ago

London

Will do. This is a great idea - as we plan to visit in May, which is a bit risky but we can't stay away!

Promise to give you our feedback

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

Understand your sentiments, but a thread with this info is pretty pointless until us brits can travel freely. Any info posted now, won’t be relevant to the majority reading it, and the situation changes week by week anyway.

Not trying to be a fun sponge, just don’t see the point right now.

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

"Understand your sentiments, but a thread with this info is pretty pointless until us brits can travel freely. Any info posted now, won’t be relevant to the majority reading it, and the situation changes week by week anyway.

Not trying to be a fun sponge, just don’t see the point right now."

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

OP the way we read your opening post, we understood that you are not looking for the current situation, which we are all aware of and as others have pointed out is not relevant. Are we correct in understanding that you join us in an optimistic view that the island will gradually start to return to normal?

If this is the case we will gladly keep those interested informed of developments as we hear about them or experience them ourselves.

London

"OP the way we read your opening post, we understood that you are not looking for the current situation, which we are all aware of and as others have pointed out is not relevant. Are we correct in understanding that you join us in an optimistic view that the island will gradually start to return to normal?

If this is the case we will gladly keep those interested informed of developments as we hear about them or experience them ourselves. "

Yes...that is absolutely the reason for this post.

You live in GC and so are best placed to tell us how the situation is changing week by week. This will be a great help for those of us planning to visit GC this year and will be very useful in helping us to decide the best time of year to visit.

I see this as a long-term thread, obviously the situation at the moment is awful but I want to be updated when it starts to improve. Which it inevitably will

By *lue Eyed SwingMan  over a year ago

W London

Yeah.I wanna know what's happening over there too. Sick of hearing only shit news.

By *heccoCouple  over a year ago

Normandy France

The bars are doing their best to open some of the time due to the new curfew hours. The ones open have to shut up shop at 10pm as do the clubs still open (Fun 4 all and 2x2) so basically it's a choice of going to the bars or clubs early (not enough time for both) The weather the past few weeks has been pretty poor with intervals of hot sunshine. The shops still open are struggling (alot won't make it through this) and the migrant situation has got worse since we were here in September/October so not only do you have thousands of young guys from Western Africa you now have more and more Algerians and Moroccans filling the hotels for their free room and board. The local are so frustrated by this. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is right now.... The island is changing fast!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Spain is finished time to move on further a field

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria - Birmingham

I think what would be good to know in the first instance (personally saving me some time in my life, not that I’m short of time currently) is any news around the vaccine program and testing on the islands.

Following this, the rules for visiting Spain and in particular the Canaries and Gran Can, from the UK, Ireland and otherwise.

Personally, from the local view, I think this would be the best information to learn in the short term as this thread continues.

And I do hope it’s a short thread as we’re low on our honey rum stocks and in need of a top up.

bournemouth

"Understand your sentiments, but a thread with this info is pretty pointless until us brits can travel freely. Any info posted now, won’t be relevant to the majority reading it, and the situation changes week by week anyway.

Not trying to be a fun sponge, just don’t see the point right now.

"

Agree 100%

That's very good I am based in London

I can't wait to smell test of freedome

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

We have already given all this information out guys

"I think what would be good to know in the first instance (personally saving me some time in my life, not that I’m short of time currently) is any news around the vaccine program and testing on the islands.

Following this, the rules for visiting Spain and in particular the Canaries and Gran Can, from the UK, Ireland and otherwise.

Personally, from the local view, I think this would be the best information to learn in the short term as this thread continues.

And I do hope it’s a short thread as we’re low on our honey rum stocks and in need of a top up."

Signed up on the UK government site for updates re: Spain and travelling there. I think now the grace period is over (4th-10th January) for those who are going through the TIE/residencia process could come to Spain but now it is only Spainish nationals and those with their residencia cards.

The first lot of vaccines arrived on the island today (14th January 2021) and are being rolled out. Not sure if the grouping is the same as in the UK, old and vulnerable first, front line workers etc.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"The first lot of vaccines arrived on the island today (14th January 2021) and are being rolled out. Not sure if the grouping is the same as in the UK, old and vulnerable first, front line workers etc. "

That's good news, the sooner we all get jabbed, the better

16,800 vaccinated so far

chelmsford

"16,800 vaccinated so far "

Wow!

I heard that the curfew was meant for 2 weeks, and being reviewed every Thursday. But in my opinion until the numbers go down in Spain the curfew will stay....but it won't take long as the rules are being followed here

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"The bars are doing their best to open some of the time due to the new curfew hours. The ones open have to shut up shop at 10pm as do the clubs still open (Fun 4 all and 2x2) so basically it's a choice of going to the bars or clubs early (not enough time for both) The weather the past few weeks has been pretty poor with intervals of hot sunshine. The shops still open are struggling (alot won't make it through this) and the migrant situation has got worse since we were here in September/October so not only do you have thousands of young guys from Western Africa you now have more and more Algerians and Moroccans filling the hotels for their free room and board. The local are so frustrated by this. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is right now.... The island is changing fast! "

Sad to hear this. We love Tenerife and have been trying to keep an eye on what's going on there too. A lot of people/businesses in the Canaries will be struggling and we heard about the migrant problem in Tenerife too. We recently found out that the last place we stayed was being used for migrants who'd been arriving in large numbers and the amount of desperate young men was causing some issues. Given that lot of them seem to make a living selling stuff to tourists on the streets, I don't see things being easy for them either. Everybody's suffering.

By *partacus2024Man  over a year ago

Near you

"The bars are doing their best to open some of the time due to the new curfew hours. The ones open have to shut up shop at 10pm as do the clubs still open (Fun 4 all and 2x2) so basically it's a choice of going to the bars or clubs early (not enough time for both) The weather the past few weeks has been pretty poor with intervals of hot sunshine. The shops still open are struggling (alot won't make it through this) and the migrant situation has got worse since we were here in September/October so not only do you have thousands of young guys from Western Africa you now have more and more Algerians and Moroccans filling the hotels for their free room and board. The local are so frustrated by this. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is right now.... The island is changing fast! "

About sums it up

Last week when i was there i witnessed the lifeboat rescuing a boat full of immigrants just in front of the Faro lighthouse, the day it was blowing a gale, people do desperate things, they are virtually putting their life on the line

Just clicked you guys were infront of me at the beach at hut 6

London

Hut 6 sounds new? What is it like?

Normandy France

They are actually transported most the way over by larger people smuggling ships and only put on to the smaller fishing boats once they are near the shore and after they have notified the local coastguard, who routinely pick them up...

chelmsford

"Hut 6 sounds new? What is it like?"

It's the old kiosk 4...

London

"Hut 6 sounds new? What is it like?

It's the old kiosk 4..."

And is it the same? New design? Bigger / smaller ? Still serving the same drinks and food...and is it open at the moment?

It’s not open (it will not open till the tax bill is payed) it much bigger and looks better on the eye than the old things

London

That sounds good...this issue of the tax bill is also what has stopped the sunbeds being available, is that correct?

Yes that’s correct.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Plenty of space to lay a towel tho luv

chelmsford

"Plenty of space to lay a towel tho luv "

x

We brought 2 beach chairs, an umbrella and an igloo tent. Jobs a good 'un!

chelmsford

"We brought 2 beach chairs, an umbrella and an igloo tent. Jobs a good 'un!

"

Yep..simples!

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"The bars are doing their best to open some of the time due to the new curfew hours. The ones open have to shut up shop at 10pm as do the clubs still open (Fun 4 all and 2x2) so basically it's a choice of going to the bars or clubs early (not enough time for both) The weather the past few weeks has been pretty poor with intervals of hot sunshine. The shops still open are struggling (alot won't make it through this) and the migrant situation has got worse since we were here in September/October so not only do you have thousands of young guys from Western Africa you now have more and more Algerians and Moroccans filling the hotels for their free room and board. The local are so frustrated by this. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is right now.... The island is changing fast!

About sums it up

Last week when i was there i witnessed the lifeboat rescuing a boat full of immigrants just in front of the Faro lighthouse, the day it was blowing a gale, people do desperate things, they are virtually putting their life on the line

Just clicked you guys were infront of me at the beach at hut 6 "

So is Hut 6 in the same location as kiosk 4?

chelmsford

"The bars are doing their best to open some of the time due to the new curfew hours. The ones open have to shut up shop at 10pm as do the clubs still open (Fun 4 all and 2x2) so basically it's a choice of going to the bars or clubs early (not enough time for both) The weather the past few weeks has been pretty poor with intervals of hot sunshine. The shops still open are struggling (alot won't make it through this) and the migrant situation has got worse since we were here in September/October so not only do you have thousands of young guys from Western Africa you now have more and more Algerians and Moroccans filling the hotels for their free room and board. The local are so frustrated by this. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is right now.... The island is changing fast!

About sums it up

So is Hut 6 in the same location as kiosk 4? "

I understand it's close by, no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong x

Near you

About sums it up

I understand it's close by, no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong x"

You are correct , no seats to sit on anymore ,will have to stand with your pint

chelmsford

About sums it up

You are correct , no seats to sit on anymore ,will have to stand with your pint "

Haha thanks Pat. It's a shame isn't it?

About sums it up

I understand it's close by, no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong x"

7cm to the left

It's the old kiosk 4...

And is it the same? New design? Bigger / smaller ? Still serving the same drinks and food...and is it open at the moment?"

If you go to our recent public pics, there’s a pic of it there.

chelmsford

About sums it up

7cm to the left "

Haha have they removed the old ones?

chelmsford

It's the old kiosk 4...

And is it the same? New design? Bigger / smaller ? Still serving the same drinks and food...and is it open at the moment?

If you go to our recent public pics, there’s a pic of it there."

Ooh, much nicer

We just going to wait and hope it's over soon

chelmsford

"We just going to wait and hope it's over soon"

Yes, things need to be a bit more stable, it will help when we've had our jabs

bournemouth

"Hut 6 sounds new? What is it like?"

It’s like a hut with a hatch that opens

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

[Removed by poster at 15/01/21 11:30:58]

"We just going to wait and hope it's over soon

Yes, things need to be a bit more stable, it will help when we've had our jabs "

yes babe and they did say yesterday they will get the over 50s done in March on the main news

Yes, things need to be a bit more stable, it will help when we've had our jabs "

cant wait to have my kiss of them boobs again x lush

Liverpool

It's the old kiosk 4...

Just had a peep at the new kiosk 6 in your public pics.

Looks nice.. but no chairs around the bar. Hopefully they're sort this in time for when we arrive

It's the old kiosk 4...

Looks nice.. but no chairs around the bar. Hopefully they're sort this in time for when we arrive "

Otherwise, we’ll have to form a circle and everyone sit on the person’s lap behind them. Now from a swinging point of view, that could prove interesting

Near you

About sums it up

Haha thanks Pat. It's a shame isn't it? "

Yep it is, not too sure if people will hang about for a chat now ? That was a big part of going to the kiosk to meet fellow fabbers and our European friends

chelmsford

Yes, things need to be a bit more stable, it will help when we've had our jabs cant wait to have my kiss of them boobs again x lush "

Haha bless ya!x

chelmsford

It's the old kiosk 4...

Looks nice.. but no chairs around the bar. Hopefully they're sort this in time for when we arrive

Otherwise, we’ll have to form a circle and everyone sit on the person’s lap behind them. Now from a swinging point of view, that could prove interesting "

. I love that!

chelmsford

About sums it up

Yep it is, not too sure if people will hang about for a chat now ? That was a big part of going to the kiosk to meet fellow fabbers and our European friends "

Yes, it was...hopefully things will change for the better..

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

About sums it up

Yep it is, not too sure if people will hang about for a chat now ? That was a big part of going to the kiosk to meet fellow fabbers and our European friends

Yes, it was...hopefully things will change for the better.. "

yes kiosk 6 is same place as 4 just different number but windy today

London

It's the old kiosk 4...

Your pics are amazing...not just incredibly sexy, but you also provide a fantastic guided tour of all of the best venues in GC. Makes me want to go back there even more!!!

Liverpool

Now that does sound like fun x

It's the old kiosk 4...

Your pics are amazing...not just incredibly sexy, but you also provide a fantastic guided tour of all of the best venues in GC. Makes me want to go back there even more!!!"

Haha thanks. we do have a gatsby one to add to the list. Just need the MD to approve before posting.

But I definitely like the name Hut 6, K4 rip and look forward to christening the new venue.

Liverpool

It's the old kiosk 4...

Your pics are amazing...not just incredibly sexy, but you also provide a fantastic guided tour of all of the best venues in GC. Makes me want to go back there even more!!!

Haha thanks. we do have a gatsby one to add to the list. Just need the MD to approve before posting.

But I definitely like the name Hut 6, K4 rip and look forward to christening the new venue."

Yes we agree. Love seeing pics of all the amazing bars and clubs too.

And made up you have one of Klamotte too.. one of our favourite venues over there. Brilliant little bar, downstairs yet bigger up enough on here x

We are booked for late April after moving the holiday a year from last April

Not holding our breath sadly

Disappointed because would be our first time in PDI

Officially Level 3 from 00.00 Monday. Boo!

By *wingerstenerifeCouple  over a year ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

It's official, from sunday 00.00 hours, the Gobierno Canaria has lowered the alert level in Tenerife to level 2, while in Gran Canaria it has raised it to 3!!!!

chelmsford

"Officially Level 3 from 00.00 Monday. Boo!"

Boo! Indeed

Just hopeing we can go in April its been to long for most of us now x

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I have to agree

Really missing the place and hope we get chance to get out there this year

Xxx

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

The weather in the Canaries has been abysmal for two weeks now so folks aren't missing much!

Normandy France

Even thought the new early curfew comes in today in GC... you'll be happy to know it won't affect you 'at all' in the UK so it's 'pointles' adding to the thread.... !!!

"I have to agree

Really missing the place and hope we get chance to get out there this year

Xxx"

hope we see u there guys xxx

chelmsford

"Even thought the new early curfew comes in today in GC... you'll be happy to know it won't affect you 'at all' in the UK so it's 'pointles' adding to the thread.... !!!"

So why are you bothering to add to the thread...

By *lue692u2Couple  over a year ago

palma mallorca

We have just extended our stay here in Venus, having a great time, Ok, we come home a little earlier but we just go out earlier, Secrets is open from 6pm.and the sun is shining, x

"We have just extended our stay here in Venus, having a great time, Ok, we come home a little earlier but we just go out earlier, Secrets is open from 6pm.and the sun is shining, x"

Making the most of it. Love it! we are getting ready to go to the beach today.

bournemouth

"We have just extended our stay here in Venus, having a great time, Ok, we come home a little earlier but we just go out earlier, Secrets is open from 6pm.and the sun is shining, x

Making the most of it. Love it! we are getting ready to go to the beach today. "

Yep we’re on the beach today lovely blue sky ??

chelmsford

"We have just extended our stay here in Venus, having a great time, Ok, we come home a little earlier but we just go out earlier, Secrets is open from 6pm.and the sun is shining, x

Making the most of it. Love it! we are getting ready to go to the beach today. "

Lucky you, enjoy!

Lucky you, enjoy! "

Bloody windy! Sand storm as well. Lol. All in good fun!

chelmsford

Lucky you, enjoy!

Bloody windy! Sand storm as well. Lol. All in good fun! "

Yes I just saw that on the webcam, hold on to your hat!!

Lucky you, enjoy!

Yes I just saw that on the webcam, hold on to your hat!! "

Managed about 45 mins. I dont like the beach at the best of times! Lol. Miss Eden Xx

chelmsford

Lucky you, enjoy!

Yes I just saw that on the webcam, hold on to your hat!!

Managed about 45 mins. I dont like the beach at the best of times! Lol. Miss Eden Xx "

sand gets everywhere, doesn't it?

It was nice to see more people in secrets last night than we have seen it in the past few months. Heard a few English voices as well

chelmsford

Seems to be quite a few people about the seafront at Annexo II. Looks like there is some live music playing and a few people dancing

Normandy France

worth buying a ticket someday and experiencing in first hand...

chelmsford

"worth buying a ticket someday and experiencing in first hand..."

What is your problem, I explained on another thread, why I haven't been, as in caring for a family member with cancer, for a year, she died, now I'm looking to go away, if that's ok with you

Normandy France

"It was nice to see more people in secrets last night than we have seen it in the past few months. Heard a few English voices as well "

just missed it by a day....

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"worth buying a ticket someday and experiencing in first hand..."

By *otts24FunMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Popcorn?

chelmsford

"worth buying a ticket someday and experiencing in first hand...

"

chelmsford

"Popcorn? "

Salted please

chelmsford

"It was nice to see more people in secrets last night than we have seen it in the past few months. Heard a few English voices as well

just missed it by a day...."

That's a shame for you...never mind

By *illiedecCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

"Popcorn?

Salted please "

chelmsford

"Popcorn?

Salted please

"

Ok..buttered then

By *incs.cpl1Couple  over a year ago

Holton le Clay near Cleethorpes

It’s good to hear how things are going in GC, we are booked for 2 wks in October, really hope it’s ok by then after having it cancelled last October.

chelmsford

"It’s good to hear how things are going in GC, we are booked for 2 wks in October, really hope it’s ok by then after having it cancelled last October. "

I think we all have our fingers crossed

» Add a new message to this topic