FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria in May 2021

Gran Canaria in May 2021

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ngels and Demons 2019 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Dublin

Hi guys just to let you know we have booked Gran Canaria for May 8th .. let's hope restrictions will be lifted by then, we already cancelled one holiday to Gran Canaria last year,please please be ready for us in 4mths time... anyone else thinking of being there then, stay safe everyone A&D xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We had our holiday last May cancelled and re-booked it for 15th May this year, fingers crossed it will happen but not overly confident at this stage

We badly need it

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

We have booked La mirage 20th May

By *uietcpl2Couple  over a year ago

Dublin City

Cancelled our trip in Feb and now re booked for the 4th to 13th of May staying in La Mirage and Venus Star

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Have already booked for april 1st ..but looking more likely will have to move it till end of may

We are going to book as soon as we are allowed to travel. I've an awful feeling it won't be until later this year though x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Do you think airlines and hotels will start asking people to have had both vaccines ?

Swansea

Think if they start doimg that there will be no one flying untill september. Think they will just keep insisting on a negative covid test within 72hrs of travel but may accept all types not just pcr. Hope so anyway as we have trip booked for april and august at the mo

By *tockingscouple69Couple  over a year ago

Pontefract

Booked for 17th of May fingers crossed

Not booked yet, but all going well we will be staying at Venus in May.

A&V

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

"Do you think airlines and hotels will start asking people to have had both vaccines ? "

Several countries have already begun talks and studies on Covid Passports. https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/are-vaccination-passports-key-to-tourism

By *andb69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

"Do you think airlines and hotels will start asking people to have had both vaccines ? "

It still isn't clear whether that would be useful. The vaccine is to offer you protection against serious illness. It isn't certain that it stops you carrying and transmitting the virus or its mutations, which is what most countries are quite rightly afraid of.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I don’t think they will be bothered, people are already faking vaccine documentation and you can still transmit the virus even if you have had the vaccine.

What will decide if you can go abroad is the number of infections and rate of vaccination in the country you are visiting. Sadly Spain seems to be lagging behind us on the vaccinations and infections are still rising, I can’t imagine that they are going to let visitors in from the UK until the end of the year.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Do you think airlines and hotels will start asking people to have had both vaccines ?

I don’t think they will be bothered, people are already faking vaccine documentation and you can still transmit the virus even if you have had the vaccine.

What will decide if you can go abroad is the number of infections and rate of vaccination in the country you are visiting. Sadly Spain seems to be lagging behind us on the vaccinations and infections are still rising, I can’t imagine that they are going to let visitors in from the UK until the end of the year."

Poor Spain there unemployment already terrible going to be horrendous as very reliant on Tourism in many costal areas ,hope Germany has deep pockets to bail them out

Had booked for May 15th for 2 weeks and just postponed it till 12th October

Hopefully by then things will be settled....

By *itom18Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Jet2 extends suspension of flights and holidays until 14 April

The airline's announcement comes amid "ongoing uncertainty and travel restrictions" caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Swansea

Just had our april 1st trip cancelled . Hoping to go end of may now. But not going to book yet

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

I have book to go to la Cala de Mijas in Malaga in June and Playa de Ingles and Maspalomas in November and December for 33 days with cancellation and have to wait and see what happens 2021

By *ay68Man  over a year ago

London

"I have book to go to la Cala de Mijas in Malaga in June and Playa de Ingles and Maspalomas in November and December for 33 days with cancellation and have to wait and see what happens 2021"

If the BananaMan is active again then we know things must be improving!!!

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

TOO many delusional people with europe so far behind with vacinations cant see any hols at all until at least october at earliest BRITAIN does not expect to have everybody done until about august then it takes time for it to take effect,europes miles behind that then their has to be agreement with vaccine passports anybody booking hols before end of year must be mad just have to wait get vaccinated stay safe and have one big party at christmas home or abroad canaries for me fingers crossed

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I have book to go to la Cala de Mijas in Malaga in June and Playa de Ingles and Maspalomas in November and December for 33 days with cancellation and have to wait and see what happens 2021"

Good luck Eric!

Our philosophy is.

If you can be arsed to have a holiday cancelled then book one.

If you can’t, don’t, simple really.

Can’t understand why the media is wasting so much airtime on this issue

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Manchester & Portsmouth

"TOO many delusional people with europe so far behind with vacinations cant see any hols at all until at least october at earliest BRITAIN does not expect to have everybody done until about august then it takes time for it to take effect,europes miles behind that then their has to be agreement with vaccine passports anybody booking hols before end of year must be mad just have to wait get vaccinated stay safe and have one big party at christmas home or abroad canaries for me fingers crossed"

It will depend on each individual country performing their own risk analysis assessment. Certain parts of Europe will be under immense pressure to open up for tourism unless the EU put forward more financial support. Travel corridors will open up soonest with recent negative testing prior to travel.

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

"I have book to go to la Cala de Mijas in Malaga in June and Playa de Ingles and Maspalomas in November and December for 33 days with cancellation and have to wait and see what happens 2021

Good luck Eric! "

Thank you x

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I have book to go to la Cala de Mijas in Malaga in June and Playa de Ingles and Maspalomas in November and December for 33 days with cancellation and have to wait and see what happens 2021

Good luck Eric!

Thank you x"

x

By *ussianbabeWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Moved my holiday in may to October

Now booked September

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

By *ICKEDDANMan  over a year ago

welshpool

Was out their last november , and they seem to be trying to shut down the dunes.

Does anybody have any updates

Keep safe and get the jab

By *ngels and Demons 2019 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Dublin

Our hotel the Tabaiba Princess in Maspalomas have just informed us that they will be closing in end of March and not reopening until end of May, that even depends on the covid situation then... no sun holiday now for over a year, really starting to get pissed off ... we have our usual trip to Fuengirola booked for September, that better not get cancelled... we will look about re-booking Gran Canaria for end of year, will keep you all posted.. stay safe everyone and hopefully soon we will all be back together having some fun.. A&D xxx

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Manchester & Portsmouth

"Our hotel the Tabaiba Princess in Maspalomas have just informed us that they will be closing in end of March and not reopening until end of May, that even depends on the covid situation then... no sun holiday now for over a year, really starting to get pissed off ... we have our usual trip to Fuengirola booked for September, that better not get cancelled... we will look about re-booking Gran Canaria for end of year, will keep you all posted.. stay safe everyone and hopefully soon we will all be back together having some fun.. A&D xxx"

The Gran Canaria princess reopens on 15th May. They confirmed it in an email today.

Hey everyone I will be in Gran Canaria from 08.05. to 16.05. and would like to meet couples and single ladies

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"Was out their last november , and they seem to be trying to shut down the dunes.

Does anybody have any updates

Keep safe and get the jab"

From what I understand the dunes are now completely out of bounds and will stag that way permanently.

"Moved my holiday in may to October "

Moved ours from April to early October

3rd time lucky hopefully

» Add a new message to this topic