FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Maspalomas beach beds and bars

Maspalomas beach beds and bars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ay68 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Beach life on Maspalomas beach has always centred on bars number 4 and 7...or whatever they are now called, and the hundreds of orange sunbeds lined up facing the sea (see my profile pic)

As summer is now on the horizon there are 2 questions;

1. When will the beach bars re-open?

2. When will the sunbeds come back?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Have contacted friends who live on the island and they are not 100% certain either. But keep hearing on forums sunbeds are gone to to tax owed by the owners to spanish government so may be a while ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The beach bars are open. In Level 3 they were only allowed outside seating and 'table service'. Now we are back in Level 2 bars can open with inside seating, 6 to a table and social distancing and masks being worn except when eating and/or drinking.

As for the sun beds....who knows? Most of the shops on the way to the beach sell small sun loungers and wind shields and umbrellas as well so you don't have to be exposed to the elements if you don't want to be.

But unpaid taxes, millions of Euros, need to be paid back before the loungers are back. Not too sure if another company could take it over but maybe they would have to pay the taxes? Who knows? But if you like the beach and it's a big part of your holiday here then you can find a way to get there and enjoy it

London

"The beach bars are open. In Level 3 they were only allowed outside seating and 'table service'. Now we are back in Level 2 bars can open with inside seating, 6 to a table and social distancing and masks being worn except when eating and/or drinking.

As for the sun beds....who knows? Most of the shops on the way to the beach sell small sun loungers and wind shields and umbrellas as well so you don't have to be exposed to the elements if you don't want to be.

But unpaid taxes, millions of Euros, need to be paid back before the loungers are back. Not too sure if another company could take it over but maybe they would have to pay the taxes? Who knows? But if you like the beach and it's a big part of your holiday here then you can find a way to get there and enjoy it "

Thanks - I am asking about the little Kiosks on the beach that sell v basic drinks and snacks. They clearly have no indoor seating or table service, so are they now open again ?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"The beach bars are open. In Level 3 they were only allowed outside seating and 'table service'. Now we are back in Level 2 bars can open with inside seating, 6 to a table and social distancing and masks being worn except when eating and/or drinking.

But unpaid taxes, millions of Euros, need to be paid back before the loungers are back. Not too sure if another company could take it over but maybe they would have to pay the taxes? Who knows? But if you like the beach and it's a big part of your holiday here then you can find a way to get there and enjoy it

Thanks - I am asking about the little Kiosks on the beach that sell v basic drinks and snacks. They clearly have no indoor seating or table service, so are they now open again ?"

I don't think they are, I think they are linked to the sunbeds so until they pay their taxes, they won't open...shame..

By *uv2kiss2Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

Can’t believe they won’t be once the ‘all clear’ gets given .

The local government/council , tourist board must see that as another income stream. Even if it means taking over the running of the kiosks & sun bed hire themselves ??

It’s local government that owe the money. €1.9 million to the tax man. Until that’s fixed there will be no sunbeds.

They have been asked and asked again to come up with a repayment plan. San Bartolome owe 2017, 2018 and 2019. 2020 was fully suspended

Norwich

Blimey !.....how irresponsible !

Tory run local government ! ??

By *urfdudeMan  over a year ago

WEXFORD

It would be the perfect business to have !

Working on that beach all day long

Any potential investors here ?

Im in !

Norwich

"It would be the perfect business to have !

Im in !"

Ditto !

Im in !

Ditto ! "

As long as the new people who take it over don't have to pay the tax bill I'm sure we could all scrape enough change to get it going again. Lol

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Im in !

Ditto !

As long as the new people who take it over don't have to pay the tax bill I'm sure we could all scrape enough change to get it going again. Lol "

Haha

By *urfdudeMan  over a year ago

WEXFORD

This would be the perfect job

London

Is there a webcam looking at that part of the beach - so we can monitor any progress and see if those v comfortable orange sunbeds are emerging once again?

"Is there a webcam looking at that part of the beach - so we can monitor any progress and see if those v comfortable orange sunbeds are emerging once again?"

Not that I know of but we are off to the beach tomorrow so will post up on here what we find out

London

"Is there a webcam looking at that part of the beach - so we can monitor any progress and see if those v comfortable orange sunbeds are emerging once again?

Not that I know of but we are off to the beach tomorrow so will post up on here what we find out "

Thanks

We all sit here in the UK writing our posts as if we know what we are talking about - but the only ones who really have any useful information are people like you who are lucky enough to actually be in GC !!

Have a fabulous day at the beach and we all look forward to your report

By *ature guy.Man  over a year ago

leeds

For the last few years I have checked a cam out on you tube.

Type in Haffner EU then go for the live now option.

It is running most days. I believe it is looking down from the prom walkway just past the end of the annexa restaurants and bars. It looks over the dunes to the beach close to where they do the wind surfing lessons. It is a good judge of how many are doing the PDI to Maspalomas lighthouse walk. Honestly this year footfall looks terrible. If the cam is not up try again a few hours later.

» Add a new message to this topic