FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Will there be a Summer in Gran Canaria?

Will there be a Summer in Gran Canaria?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ay68 OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Sorry folks, but things aren’t looking good in Gran Canaria.

Transmission rate in GC is still going up and it looks like they are going into a 4th wave of the pandemic.

This could be because of Easter and more people getting together, but even taking that into account it is obvious that the numbers are not moving in the right direction yet – and that the authorities need to radically improve the vaccination rates.

May 17th is on the horizon – the date when the UK government will be assessing the viability of foreign travel. GC needs to be stepping up its vaccination rate if it wants to be considered a safe destination.

-Target number: 1,348.856

- Vaccinations so far: 392,436

The GC government is still keeping optimistic about ramping up the vaccination rate once the supply of vaccines is increased this month – but does anyone really think that tourism in the Summer is now going to be possible?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We desperately wanted to return in September/October but on balance, reckoned late November, into December was a safer bet. Too many variables, with two countries involved...as in GC opening up and the UK allowing travel(without numerous costly restrictions)

We hope we are wrong but after 3 cancelled holidays, we erred on the side of caution

I have been saying for a bit now. Yes there will be a slow summer. 100% we will not be on the green list before august. But I see no reason why we will not be on the amber list.

The numbers will still keep going up till the end of this week and into the start of next week (in all truth I did think they would be even higher than they are just now)

On Monday Spain took an extra 1.5 mill vaccines over the normal 1.5 we get every Monday. Hopefully the J&J vaccine issue gets sorted out ASAP. The first 300,000 are coming under 48 hours.

Yes, still lots of ifs and buts. Over all it’s better than it was. Big things will happen with pcr tests come the 10th of May when state of alarm ends. Torries always wanted cheap testing but over ruled by main land. There has been an official request for masks to be dropped from outside space.

Main things overall get the vaccine roll out much faster, stop people doing what they want to do in the north. It’s was never going to happen fast. But things are happening at long last.

By *otts24FunMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Watching

"I have been saying for a bit now. Yes there will be a slow summer. 100% we will not be on the green list before august. But I see no reason why we will not be on the amber list.

The numbers will still keep going up till the end of this week and into the start of next week (in all truth I did think they would be even higher than they are just now)

On Monday Spain took an extra 1.5 mill vaccines over the normal 1.5 we get every Monday. Hopefully the J&J vaccine issue gets sorted out ASAP. The first 300,000 are coming under 48 hours.

Yes, still lots of ifs and buts. Over all it’s better than it was. Big things will happen with pcr tests come the 10th of May when state of alarm ends. Torries always wanted cheap testing but over ruled by main land. There has been an official request for masks to be dropped from outside space.

Main things overall get the vaccine roll out much faster, stop people doing what they want to do in the north. It’s was never going to happen fast. But things are happening at long last. "

The J&J issue, along with the issues surrounding Astrazenica, are definitely a bump along the road to recovery but we have to be getting closer by the day. We both had the Astrazenica, thankfully with no real after effects and are happy to get our second doses. Now c'mon Ireland and the rest of the EU, get people vaccinated, get the planes flying and give people back their lives and more importantly, their livelihoods.

I have to say though, I was concerned at the sights after England's relaxation of restrictions....not much care/restraint being shown. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us!!

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Jet 2 cancelling flights until the 23rd of june dosent look promising till after that.

Well today the EU have put a hold on the J&J vaccine. From mid April to Mid June Spain are due to have 5.5 mill of them. So it’s a big bump in the road. Until we get 70% of Spain vaccine roll out done. We will not be in the green list.

"Jet 2 cancelling flights until the 23rd of june dosent look promising till after that. "

But tui have not canceled anything so far...

"Well today the EU have put a hold on the J&J vaccine. From mid April to Mid June Spain are due to have 5.5 mill of them. So it’s a big bump in the road. Until we get 70% of Spain vaccine roll out done. We will not be in the green list.

"

Agree now, just seen that J&J themselves have placed a hold on distribution...due to 6 deaths out of 6.8 million doses given?

We're doing really well in Northern Ireland, with 50% having one dose and 11% the second dose...in fact, while England opens up to the over 45's, we're already vaccinating the 40-45 year olds. Trouble is, we always are weeks behind England in easing restrictions and we always have to consider the Irish aspect, as Ireland has been dreadfully slow in vaccine roll out and now have placed even greater restrictions on the use of the Astrazenica vaccine, so will be slower still, until issues are resolved. Crazy times

We are on 8% second dose. That’s why J&J was so important for us. Let’s see what happens with that vaccine and hopefully we keep getting extra vaccines every week as well

By *ral lover01Man  over a year ago

Manchester & Portsmouth

"Jet 2 cancelling flights until the 23rd of june dosent look promising till after that.

But tui have not canceled anything so far... "

I still have my flight booked today depart Manchester on 17th May. The government should have released further information if travel will return on 17th May, they just need to make that decision.

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

On Easter Friday we drove past Holiday World and there was a crowd at the door, no social distancing or anything. As we got home people were dressed to the 9s obviously going out partying... so despite restrictions Easter caused the bump in infections we feared and frankly surprised it wasn't worse.

Having said all that, just the other day we hit a new record of over 16 000 vaccinations in one day. The vaccinations tip the scales one way and complacency tips them the other.

Every holiday has resulted in a spike and Easter was no exception. We will have to wait for that spike to flatten out before we know where we are....

By *wig1963Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hi guys we all good living in Spain 18 years now everything changing with this shit covid and Brexit done nothing for a year lived and nothing else thought about the scene fucking about exciting not a daft guy so there you go stale as just now was norm but lost it hope it gets back to normal but honestly worried horny as Gen guy one off

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"We are on 8% second dose. That’s why J&J was so important for us. Let’s see what happens with that vaccine and hopefully we keep getting extra vaccines every week as well"

So is that 8% of the total population or 8% of the targeted groups,ie vulnerable etc ?

"We are on 8% second dose. That’s why J&J was so important for us. Let’s see what happens with that vaccine and hopefully we keep getting extra vaccines every week as well

So is that 8% of the total population or 8% of the targeted groups,ie vulnerable etc ?"

8% of the 70% population target. If that makes sense

So as of yesterday:

404,000 first dose

118,000 second dose

1,350,000 is the 70% target

Still a long way to go but it say at 120,000 for months...

liverpool

So there are no priority groups? Just get the population vaccinated ? getting confused with all the info on here..

"So there are no priority groups? Just get the population vaccinated ? getting confused with all the info on here.. "

Yes there is, but it’s very different from the Uk. We have 1 to 9. Then you have 8A, 8B and so on. One of the groups is from A to D, some have no letters just the numbers.

Now priority groups are also very different, as it’s to do with age and jobs. So police Heath care workers etc. As it stands just now all 1 and 2 have been done 3 is 95% done and 4 and 5 have started.

Just now we are doing about 15,000 jabs a day. The plan is to do 25/30,000 a day. There is mass vaccine centers opening this week in both GC and Tenerife.

It's amazing the difference in progress, between such developed countries? In Northern Ireland, we are over 50% first doses and in theory, by the start of October, everyone should have had both doses. So why is it still possible that there will be restrictions on travel? Variants...it looks likely already, that there will be a booster vaccination programme, starting in the autumn. So does that mean that it will be a further 6 months before all of the UK have had their booster? Will the booster only deal with variants, or will it also prolong immunity to the original virus? If not, it was suggested there might be a need for a yearly vaccination programme and by then, we would be back at the start of the cycle.

It's mind boggling, the scale of the problems but surely we have to open things up, on a managed risk basis? We skipped booking our usual October holiday and speculatively booked for the end of November, start of December...but as added protection, we booked a Jet2 holiday, as opposed to arranging everything separately. The uncertainty is doing my head in...but we've gone ahead and booked April 2022, in the normal manner. Thinking of turning to God, to see if he/she can sort things out!!

liverpool

And 15000 is that canary islands as a whole ?

"And 15000 is that canary islands as a whole ?"

Yes.

liverpool

Ah

I don’t think it will happen this year , what with the vaccine roll out not going well and idiots ignoring the rules back home in the uk , won’t be long before we are back in another lockdown

"I don’t think it will happen this year , what with the vaccine roll out not going well and idiots ignoring the rules back home in the uk , won’t be long before we are back in another lockdown "

Think the scenes of crowds in shops and d*unken fights at Pubs were shocking....we are a selfish, self centred society....some, at the expense of others. I really hope things stay positive, heading towards the end of the year and we can at least have a decent Christmas with family and friends

London

"So there are no priority groups? Just get the population vaccinated ? getting confused with all the info on here..

Yes there is, but it’s very different from the Uk. We have 1 to 9. Then you have 8A, 8B and so on. One of the groups is from A to D, some have no letters just the numbers.

Now priority groups are also very different, as it’s to do with age and jobs. So police Heath care workers etc. As it stands just now all 1 and 2 have been done 3 is 95% done and 4 and 5 have started.

Just now we are doing about 15,000 jabs a day. The plan is to do 25/30,000 a day. There is mass vaccine centers opening this week in both GC and Tenerife. "

Maclennan's numbers and analysis is always spot on!!

I have done my sums and at this rate of vaccination the target rate for 1st vaccinations will be reached by 21st June.

The very same date when the UK becomes free again!

If the vaccination rate increases then the target will be reached sooner...but I don't think that the 21st June sounds too bad!

(Looks like Jet2 have been on the same calculator because they have cancelled flights until 24 June)

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"So there are no priority groups? Just get the population vaccinated ? getting confused with all the info on here..

Just now we are doing about 15,000 jabs a day. The plan is to do 25/30,000 a day. There is mass vaccine centers opening this week in both GC and Tenerife.

I have done my sums and at this rate of vaccination the target rate for 1st vaccinations will be reached by 21st June.

If the vaccination rate increases then the target will be reached sooner...but I don't think that the 21st June sounds too bad!

(Looks like Jet2 have been on the same calculator because they have cancelled flights until 24 June)"

June is not unrealistic

By *illiedecCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

(Looks like Jet2 have been on the same calculator because they have cancelled flights until 24 June)

June is not unrealistic "

Really ??

chelmsford

June is not unrealistic

Really ?? "

Really

sheffield

June is not unrealistic

Really ??

Really"

Yet you’ve cancelled your holiday in Corfu in July due to the uncertainty around holidays

By *ynonvalleyboyMan  over a year ago

merthyr

110 % certain there will be a summer in GC,

Just might not be anyone there

chelmsford

June is not unrealistic

Really ??

Really

Yet you’ve cancelled your holiday in Corfu in July due to the uncertainty around holidays

"

What does that have to do with holidays being realistic in GC in June, I didn't say I was going in June. Nothing to do with this thread...

chelmsford

"110 % certain there will be a summer in GC,

Just might not be anyone there"

If they allow people to travel from the UK in June, there are plenty who will go. No doubt for some, it will depend on quarantine and cost of testing.

liverpool

Thing is Greece and their government has made is very clear that their priority is to get the small islands vaccinated, and that will mean holidays hopefully.

Canary Islands seem to be treated as a whole, as previous posts say. The roll out of vaccines is dependent on what they get allocated and from where.

With Easyjet now starting to follow Jet 2, it just leaves Tui to start cancelling..

Looks like Greek Islands are a safer bet.

"Thing is Greece and their government has made is very clear that their priority is to get the small islands vaccinated, and that will mean holidays hopefully.

Canary Islands seem to be treated as a whole, as previous posts say. The roll out of vaccines is dependent on what they get allocated and from where.

With Easyjet now starting to follow Jet 2, it just leaves Tui to start cancelling..

Looks like Greek Islands are a safer bet."

I’ve not seen EasyJet saying anything about canceling? Maybe I’ve missed that?!?

Only only thing I’ve seen from EasyJet is that Spain will be in the green list (I can’t see that till the end of summer)

chelmsford

"Thing is Greece and their government has made is very clear that their priority is to get the small islands vaccinated, and that will mean holidays hopefully.

I’ve not seen EasyJet saying anything about canceling? Maybe I’ve missed that?!?

Only only thing I’ve seen from EasyJet is that Spain will be in the green list (I can’t see that till the end of summer) "

in fact at the moment , they are saying they are 'ramping' up for end of May.

But how many will go if you have to pay for a test , then wear a mask when out and about , no fun to be had in clubs , then maybe having to quarantine when back home, not really a holiday

chelmsford

"But how many will go if you have to pay for a test , then wear a mask when out and about , no fun to be had in clubs , then maybe having to quarantine when back home, not really a holiday "

There will always be people who will go and are planning to go, regardless. It depends what you want from your holiday.

"But how many will go if you have to pay for a test , then wear a mask when out and about , no fun to be had in clubs , then maybe having to quarantine when back home, not really a holiday "

Clubs are closed just now due to being on level 3. But clubs have been open as normal now for months and nothing has changed.

There will be lots of new rules by the 10th of May. First one right away will be dropping the pcr tests for inbound tourism. There has also been a formal request in regards to masks.

The rules we have just now will be nothing like it is when state of alarm ends on the 9th. Some rules will still be there like masks in shops and etc. But nothing can change till the 10th when we have control again. I can assure you, none of us can wait. Nothing is confirmed about state of alarm ended on the 9th. But from what central government are saying is ending on the 9th

"I have been saying for a bit now. Yes there will be a slow summer. 100% we will not be on the green list before august. But I see no reason why we will not be on the amber list.

Main things overall get the vaccine roll out much faster, stop people doing what they want to do in the north. It’s was never going to happen fast. But things are happening at long last.

The J&J issue, along with the issues surrounding Astrazenica, are definitely a bump along the road to recovery but we have to be getting closer by the day. We both had the Astrazenica, thankfully with no real after effects and are happy to get our second doses. Now c'mon Ireland and the rest of the EU, get people vaccinated, get the planes flying and give people back their lives and more importantly, their livelihoods.

I have to say though, I was concerned at the sights after England's relaxation of restrictions....not much care/restraint being shown. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us!!"

Hope not but it’s not unlikely as you say

Be like eat out to spread out all over again

chelmsford

"But how many will go if you have to pay for a test , then wear a mask when out and about , no fun to be had in clubs , then maybe having to quarantine when back home, not really a holiday

Clubs are closed just now due to being on level 3. But clubs have been open as normal now for months and nothing has changed.

There will be lots of new rules by the 10th of May. First one right away will be dropping the pcr tests for inbound tourism. There has also been a formal request in regards to masks.

The rules we have just now will be nothing like it is when state of alarm ends on the 9th. Some rules will still be there like masks in shops and etc. But nothing can change till the 10th when we have control again. I can assure you, none of us can wait. Nothing is confirmed about state of alarm ended on the 9th. But from what central government are saying is ending on the 9th "

It's going the right way, by the sounds of it.

It’s not all good news, GC at last started to get a hold of infections. Today we have 67 but sadly Tenerife went up.

Anyone who lives here will tell you. It’s not a surprise far from it. Canarians can not be trusted not to party. People go on about the UK. But Canarians are just as bad if not worse.

chelmsford

"It’s not all good news, GC at last started to get a hold of infections. Today we have 67 but sadly Tenerife went up.

Anyone who lives here will tell you. It’s not a surprise far from it. Canarians can not be trusted not to party. People go on about the UK. But Canarians are just as bad if not worse. "

I think it's the same all over, unfortunately...

liverpool

Only only thing I’ve seen from EasyJet is that Spain will be in the green list (I can’t see that till the end of summer) "

Take it from me Easyjet have started to cancel flights to holiday destinations in line with Jet2

liverpool

"But how many will go if you have to pay for a test , then wear a mask when out and about , no fun to be had in clubs , then maybe having to quarantine when back home, not really a holiday

The rules we have just now will be nothing like it is when state of alarm ends on the 9th. Some rules will still be there like masks in shops and etc. But nothing can change till the 10th when we have control again. I can assure you, none of us can wait. Nothing is confirmed about state of alarm ended on the 9th. But from what central government are saying is ending on the 9th

It's going the right way, by the sounds of it. "

Spoke too soon !!

By *ifi and dunkieCouple  over a year ago

Chelmsford

There will always be people who will go and are planning to go, regardless. It depends what you want from your holiday."

That's why Jet2.com cancelled till end if June at the earliest. I'm sure a few won't mind to pay for tests etc but majority of families would never be able to afford them plus any quarantine if necessary.

chelmsford

There will always be people who will go and are planning to go, regardless. It depends what you want from your holiday.

That's why Jet2.com cancelled till end if June at the earliest. I'm sure a few won't mind to pay for tests etc but majority of families would never be able to afford them plus any quarantine if necessary.

"

Yes, definitely a problem for families.

chelmsford

It's going the right way, by the sounds of it.

Spoke too soon !! "

What's happened?

By *tockport 69Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

not this year. UK only

Hopefully there will be x I've been wanting to go for about a year and a half now xx

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"not this year. UK only"

So we ll have to stay at home as the uk is already reporting most holiday sites are fully booked with even some cancelling peoples bookings because someone else offered to pay more ???

By *otinthesunCouple  over a year ago

sunnytown :-)

Devils advocate here

Does anyone not find it remarkable that a site like this which exists for people to willingly ( in the past ) swap bodily fluids without a care in the world for all sorts of viruses which have existed for eternity.

Now due to a type of coronavirus which is just a new variant of influenza basically with an

IFR ( fatality rate ) of 2 in every 10,000 people who actually catch it with an average age of each fatality being 82.7 years of age in the UK.

The mRNA ( experimental gene therapy ) jab has also been stated by the governments the world over that it won’t stop you catching or passing on c19 ( in a swinging environment most definitely ).

Not looking for an argument and won’t engage in one either but just don’t understand the desperation for the jab because it’s most definitely not a silver bullet that people seem to think it is.

"Devils advocate here

Does anyone not find it remarkable that a site like this which exists for people to willingly ( in the past ) swap bodily fluids without a care in the world for all sorts of viruses which have existed for eternity.

Now due to a type of coronavirus which is just a new variant of influenza basically with an

IFR ( fatality rate ) of 2 in every 10,000 people who actually catch it with an average age of each fatality being 82.7 years of age in the UK.

The mRNA ( experimental gene therapy ) jab has also been stated by the governments the world over that it won’t stop you catching or passing on c19 ( in a swinging environment most definitely ).

Not looking for an argument and won’t engage in one either but just don’t understand the desperation for the jab because it’s most definitely not a silver bullet that people seem to think it is.

"

I say as I've said before(no, I'm not arguing) the fatality rate, as you call it, is the lesser of the risks....it's the ease of transmissability and the numbers requiring medical intervention, along with those suffering long term effects, that is the cause for concern. Yes, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching it but it massively reduces the risk of requiring medical intervention, at least with the known, common variants. The new variants are a concern and that is why restrictions, of some level, will be in place for a long time...along with the likely requirement for booster vaccinations.

Ok, maybe not a huge number of Swingers in the most at risk groups....but I bet most have a relative, work colleague, neighbour that may be?

None of the virus's preceding this one have had the level of transmission/risk that Covid has.

It's simple to say it's just a flu....but it isn't and the conspiracy theorists, who said what happened to the flu....well they prove the success of social distancing and lockdown, in ceasing the spread of lesser virus'.

Lockdown is horrible but the consequences of not doing it, are far worse, if not that obvious, to many

By *havfunCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Devils advocate here

"

i think you are 15 days late with your post.

Obviously, you didn't spend that time checking out the accuracy of your "facts".

"Devils advocate here

"

I would agree with you if the pupose of the jab was to protect yourself from Covid-19.

My understanding of the jab is to achieve herd immunity so that the virus runs out of viable hosts through which to propagate. Thereby extenguishing itself.

I doubt many swingers contemplate contracting smallpox on a meet. This is because smallpox was eliminated through a process of vaccinating enough of the population. It was a collective effort for the greater good.

For those interested.

Latest Canarian vaccination data:

Total administered: 457,276

Two doses: 119,987

Administered yesterday: 18,418

Target: 1,348,856 people.

Swansea

"For those interested.

"

Looking hopeful for the end of august then

"For those interested.

"

Fingers crossed, that by October and the all important high season, it will be ok to travel and holiday in GC, without too many(if any) restrictions and that the Clubs and Bars can(safely) be full again, the way we all like them to be

Looking forward to checking out Eden and the other new places, as well as the regular haunts!

"For those interested.

Fingers crossed, that by October and the all important high season, it will be ok to travel and holiday in GC, without too many(if any) restrictions and that the Clubs and Bars can(safely) be full again, the way we all like them to be

Looking forward to checking out Eden and the other new places, as well as the regular haunts!"

I think the figure to look at is the daily administrations. This figure goes up week by week as they open new centres.

A lot of projections that said we wouldn't make it were based on a linear extrapolation of a time when we had few centres and not enough vaccine.

When we were first given the mystical figure of 70% for herd immunity it was based on hypothetical average population density. For areas with lower population densities the percentage required for herd immunity is lower. Nonetheless if we carry on at this rate things look good for 70%.

Hope to travel this year after losing out last year

Nottingham

What are the current Covid Rules in PDI?

Bar closing times? Rules on music and dancing?

Roughly what percentage of bars and restaurants are open?

Are the beach kiosks open?

Any sunbeds on the beach yet?

And......what might the rules be by the time we get to August?

Any info appreciated as thinking of booking.

Cheers

At the moment we are still in Level 3 which means

-curfew from 22.00-06.00

-bars and restaurants with terrace areas can open with no more than 4 to a table

-masks and social distancing still enforced

-dancing and singing is not allowed

-masks must be worn except when eating and drinking

-clubs haven't been opening as they do not have many terraced areas and the curfew means that its not worth it for them to open

No loungers on the beach as yet

The kiosks are not open either

BUT hoping most of this will all change soon. Hope that helps?

Nottingham

That’s great thanks.

Do you know what the rules might be in the next level down?

"That’s great thanks.

Do you know what the rules might be in the next level down?"

-Curfew 23.00-06.00

-Max 6 people at a table

-Masks on when not eating and drinking

-Clubs and bars without terraced areas can open if they wish

-Dancing is discouraged

-Social distancing still applicable

There is obviously much more detail if you do search on any popular search engine but that's the gist

There is going to a whole set of new rules in 22 days time. No one really know what they will be just now. Lots of talk about things being very different on the 10th of May. We will need to wait and see what local government comes up with. The only thing we can really say with 99.9% confidence is that PCR tests will be replaced with antigen tests.

By *lassy_coup1eCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Just reading these new rules. So basically a meet bar could open but would need to close by 10pm to ensure guests are home before 11pm curfew.

Of course would need to open a lot earlier to make it worth their while. Maybe a 3pm/4pm opening time...

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

We hoping things might be a bit better by September

Xxx

"Just reading these new rules. So basically a meet bar could open but would need to close by 10pm to ensure guests are home before 11pm curfew.

Of course would need to open a lot earlier to make it worth their while. Maybe a 3pm/4pm opening time... "

We don't normally head out until close to 10...will have to practice being in bed(our own bed) by midnight lol Hopefully things will have changed by the Autumn

chelmsford

"We hoping things might be a bit better by September

Xxx"

xxx

Nottingham

Thank you, that’s helpful

"That’s great thanks.

Do you know what the rules might be in the next level down?

-Curfew 23.00-06.00

-Max 6 people at a table

-Masks on when not eating and drinking

-Clubs and bars without terraced areas can open if they wish

-Dancing is discouraged

-Social distancing still applicable"

Nottingham

Thanks, will watch the forum on 10th May

"There is going to a whole set of new rules in 22 days time. No one really know what they will be just now. Lots of talk about things being very different on the 10th of May. We will need to wait and see what local government comes up with. The only thing we can really say with 99.9% confidence is that PCR tests will be replaced with antigen tests. "

It's worth noting that the current restrictions are in place to get the numbers down so we are ready for tourists.

It won't make a lot of sense to have those sane restrictions in place when the tourists return.

Nottingham

Thanks, really helpful

"We hoping things might be a bit better by September

Xxx

xxx"

Any good and firm info on GC will be most welcome, we are dying to try a few of the clubs and bars in case anyone can recommend places for when the fun returns .

Many thanks xx

chelmsford

"Thanks, really helpful

We hoping things might be a bit better by September

Xxx

xxx"

You're welcome

chelmsford

"Any good and firm info on GC will be most welcome, we are dying to try a few of the clubs and bars in case anyone can recommend places for when the fun returns .

Many thanks xx"

I hear there is a brand new club opening in the Nilo centre, called Eden.

By *udirunner07Man  over a year ago

dublin

Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020...

chelmsford

"Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020..."

How were they then?

"Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020...

How were they then? "

Lol

chelmsford

"Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020...

How were they then?

Lol "

I can't remember how things were then, I'm just moving forward with our new normal, no point in looking back

"Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020..."

That's rubbish, it may take time but to say never, is just scaremongering.....the reset button on the world was pressed, it will take time to get back up to speed but out of adversity, there always comes opportunity

Nottingham

It really would be nice if people with nothing helpful or sensible to contribute would stop clogging up the forum with their pointless comments and emojis.

"Any good and firm info on GC will be most welcome, we are dying to try a few of the clubs and bars in case anyone can recommend places for when the fun returns .

Many thanks xx

I hear there is a brand new club opening in the Nilo centre, called Eden. "

We are staying over the road at the Rui Papayas can’t wait to check it out

chelmsford

"It really would be nice if people with nothing helpful or sensible to contribute would stop clogging up the forum with their pointless comments and emojis."

Now now, as we know things can get a bit heated on this forum. But as stated this is The New Normal. Changes have been and continue to be made and we must adapt to them accordingly.

Keep an eye on the news and on this forum as I'm sure residents of GC, myself included, will update as soon as we know what's what.

chelmsford

Many thanks xx

I hear there is a brand new club opening in the Nilo centre, called Eden.

We are staying over the road at the Rui Papayas can’t wait to check it out "

That is a great area to stay, you have the Jardine del sol complex, just down the road, where Macllenans bar is

chelmsford

"Now now, as we know things can get a bit heated on this forum. But as stated this is The New Normal. Changes have been and continue to be made and we must adapt to them accordingly.

Keep an eye on the news and on this forum as I'm sure residents of GC, myself included, will update as soon as we know what's what. "

Quite right, look forward to your updates. It is a new normal, but hopefully all will be just as good, if not better

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"It really would be nice if people with nothing helpful or sensible to contribute would stop clogging up the forum with their pointless comments and emojis."

Yep agree with 100%

chelmsford

"It really would be nice if people with nothing helpful or sensible to contribute would stop clogging up the forum with their pointless comments and emojis.

Yep agree with 100% "

pontificate

verb

...to express one's opinions in a pompous and dogmatic way.

Remember, each of us is an equal

chelmsford

"pontificate

verb

...to express one's opinions in a pompous and dogmatic way.

Remember, each of us is an equal "

Nottingham

Pointless - having little or no sense, use, or purpose.

Chelmsford

Wow... someone needs a good shag!!

futile

adjective

...having no effect or achieving nothing

chelmsford

"Wow... someone needs a good shag!!

"

So back to the OP..I wonder how many other nations are planning to go, it's not just us Brits. It will obviously be quieter, but it's a start

Nottingham

You are quite correct. Attempting to have a dialogue, based on the subject of the thread, with other like minded adults is quite quite futile due to the pointless interjections of others who seem determined to persist with their inane chit chat and emojis.

We won’t be responding any further as it just encourages those who wish to behave like juveniles.

Instead we will crack on with actually booking a holiday to PDI and visiting the clubs and bars.

chelmsford

"You are quite correct. Attempting to have a dialogue, based on the subject of the thread, with other like minded adults is quite quite futile due to the pointless interjections of others who seem determined to persist with their inane chit chat and emojis.

We won’t be responding any further as it just encourages those who wish to behave like juveniles.

Instead we will crack on with actually booking a holiday to PDI and visiting the clubs and bars."

Good luck with your booking

sheffield

"You are quite correct. Attempting to have a dialogue, based on the subject of the thread, with other like minded adults is quite quite futile due to the pointless interjections of others who seem determined to persist with their inane chit chat and emojis.

Instead we will crack on with actually booking a holiday to PDI and visiting the clubs and bars."

Excellent post

Totally understand where you’re coming from guys

Like yourselves I’m sure many others will have the same opinion and are only trying to find facts out and are eager to get back to the place we all enjoy , others just add nothing to the debate but feel they must have the last comment as though it’s some sort of competition

Feel free to add an emoji

I think a period of self reflection, would greatly benefit some on here, perhaps reflect on the proverb "people in glass houses...." Just a suggestion

London

The next milestone seems to be May 10th, with a major announcement from the GC Government.

Eden or Maclennan's, as you are living over there,can you add any more info about this please?

chelmsford

"I think a period of self reflection, would greatly benefit some on here, perhaps reflect on the proverb "people in glass houses...." Just a suggestion "

Loving your quotes today

"The next milestone seems to be May 10th, with a major announcement from the GC Government.

Eden or Maclennan's, as you are living over there,can you add any more info about this please?"

Jay, hopefully GC will get a grip on both the infection and vaccination rates....but I fear the likely problem will be UK restrictions on Travel/Holidays. The added expense of tests/quarantine would likely put a fair few off, even if travel were permitted. This is our longest break away from the island, ever and we're desperate to get back but genuinely believe it'll be a while yet before restrictions are lifted at both ends. We all can only hope, no one has a crystal ball(unfortunately)

chelmsford

"The next milestone seems to be May 10th, with a major announcement from the GC Government.

Eden or Maclennan's, as you are living over there,can you add any more info about this please?"

It all hangs on that at the moment and how we behave here, so they lift the travel ban.

We are just as in the dark until then. All we know for now is....

-We are still in Level 3, this is reviwed every Thursday.

-Our numbers are going up slowly but we have just had Easter so hopefully they will go back down again.

-We all want tourists back to the island and everyone is trying their best to make that happen.

Summer may be a bit quieter than usual but at least we will have a Summer.

chelmsford

Eden or Maclennan's, as you are living over there,can you add any more info about this please?

We are just as in the dark until then. All we know for now is....

-We are still in Level 3, this is reviwed every Thursday.

-Our numbers are going up slowly but we have just had Easter so hopefully they will go back down again.

-We all want tourists back to the island and everyone is trying their best to make that happen.

Summer may be a bit quieter than usual but at least we will have a Summer. "

As I said above, I wonder what other nations intentions are for travel to GC , I guess we're all in the same boat..

liverpool

How were they then?

This has to be the best reply yet. As the respondent openly admits that they have not been to GC for a number of years !

Anyway.....keep your eyes peeled for updates after the 10th of May. We will hopefully know more then

It’s all very closed door just now. But here is a few of the key points that’s been in La Province.

Curfew, now as it stands only central government can enforce a curfew. Autonomous governments can’t. This May need new laws to change this.

Masks, an official request has been put in to have masks removed from outside walking as long as there is 1.5m from people outside your household.

PCR tests, now after the last years head to head with central government you can be sure that PCR tests will be gone and they will bring in antigen tests. Now to add to this as well Madrid have agreed that any EU country’s residents that have digital Green certificate can come to Spain without needing any testing. Now hopefully (fingers crossed) that will extend to the Uk as well. I am very confident it will. But what will the Uk have planned I don’t know.

As being said we will have a summer. Bookings are looking about 30% of 2019. the Hope is that we get 60% by the end of year. Right now 30% of something is better then what we have just now.

liverpool

And as you will know or not..Different Canary Islands are at different stages.

GC is strict, where as Lanzarote is slightly more relaxed

Nottingham

Thank you Mcclennan’s and BCW, both helpful and informative

chelmsford

It’s all very closed door just now. But here is a few of the key points that’s been in La Province.

Curfew, now as it stands only central government can enforce a curfew. Autonomous governments can’t. This May need new laws to change this.

Masks, an official request has been put in to have masks removed from outside walking as long as there is 1.5m from people outside your household.

PCR tests, now after the last years head to head with central government you can be sure that PCR tests will be gone and they will bring in antigen tests. Now to add to this as well Madrid have agreed that any EU country’s residents that have digital Green certificate can come to Spain without needing any testing. Now hopefully (fingers crossed) that will extend to the Uk as well. I am very confident it will. But what will the Uk have planned I don’t know.

As being said we will have a summer. Bookings are looking about 30% of 2019. the Hope is that we get 60% by the end of year. Right now 30% of something is better then what we have just now. "

chelmsford

""Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020..."

How were they then?

This has to be the best reply yet. As the respondent openly admits that they have not been to GC for a number of years !

"

Aaw thank you not sure it's relevant though

liverpool

""Do you people not realise we are never going back to how things were in feb 2020..."

How were they then?

Aaw thank you not sure it's relevant though "

You have not visited the island for a number of years now, yet you still offer advice on a place , that even you know, will have changed and be different since you last visited. People living and trying to work there know what it's like and inform this forum on a regular basis, all you do is regurgitate it, and add an emoji !

I'm off. This back biting is very tedious. When I have new information I will update

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"

I'm off. This back biting is very tedious. When I have new information I will update "

Not surprised you are off. Anyone that thinks they are clever by "quoting" half the thread just to add an emoji really needs to try and get out more. It is childish and unwelcome by most other posters on here. Ruins every thread by doing so.

On a positive note, Northern Ireland are now vaccinating the 35-39yr olds....flying through the groupings. As I've said though, how well the UK is doing with vaccinations, may not indicate a return to travel, as quickly as we all hope for. Until the UK open up travel, we are stuck, regardless of whether we are vaccinated, or not. I fear the booster vaccination, to protect more against the variants, may be the key to it all... certainly looking that way

"On a positive note, Northern Ireland are now vaccinating the 35-39yr olds....flying through the groupings. As I've said though, how well the UK is doing with vaccinations, may not indicate a return to travel, as quickly as we all hope for. Until the UK open up travel, we are stuck, regardless of whether we are vaccinated, or not. I fear the booster vaccination, to protect more against the variants, may be the key to it all... certainly looking that way"

Well done Northern Ireland!

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

" Anyone that thinks they are clever by "quoting" half the thread just to add an emoji really needs to try and get out more. It is childish and unwelcome by most other posters on here. Ruins every thread by doing so."

Very well put although I doubt the culprit will take the hint as they seem to get pleasure from pi**ing people off and spoiling this forum for the majority.

chelmsford

" Anyone that thinks they are clever by "quoting" half the thread just to add an emoji really needs to try and get out more. It is childish and unwelcome by most other posters on here. Ruins every thread by doing so.

Very well put although I doubt the culprit will take the hint as they seem to get pleasure from pi**ing people off and spoiling this forum for the majority."

I feel it may be spoilt by all of your posts, which have nothing to do with the OP.

[Removed by poster at 19/04/21 20:33:29]

So here we have it folks...

26.7% of the target 1,354,000 population (70% of adult population) or 362,490 people in the Canaries have been vaccinated. 124,687 people have had both doses.

"In this sense, the Ministry reminds that scientific evidence has shown that the inoculation of the first dose, although it does not completely immunize against the virus, does protect against developing Covid-19 with serious symptoms, and reduce hospital admissions and deaths"

We registered 203 new cases today but 0 deaths.

bournemouth

" Anyone that thinks they are clever by "quoting" half the thread just to add an emoji really needs to try and get out more. It is childish and unwelcome by most other posters on here. Ruins every thread by doing so.

Very well put although I doubt the culprit will take the hint as they seem to get pleasure from pi**ing people off and spoiling this forum for the majority."

Unfortunately it’s been going on for years has to always have the last word as well tedious springs to mind

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

Very well put although I doubt the culprit will take the hint as they seem to get pleasure from pi**ing people off and spoiling this forum for the majority.

I feel it may be spoilt by all of your posts, which have nothing to do with the OP. "

Sad!

People move on and forget Spain,there are lots better countries to visit

chelmsford

Unfortunately it’s been going on for years has to always have the last word as well tedious springs to mind "

And what have you added to the thread...nothing As usual..apart from your childish insults...

chelmsford

I feel it may be spoilt by all of your posts, which have nothing to do with the OP.

Sad! "

If you're not happy with my posts, report them to admin, they can remove them if they've broken any rules, if not, just pass them by

Swansea

"So here we have it folks...

26.7% of the target 1,354,000 population (70% of adult population) or 362,490 people in the Canaries have been vaccinated. 124,687 people have had both doses.

"In this sense, the Ministry reminds that scientific evidence has shown that the inoculation of the first dose, although it does not completely immunize against the virus, does protect against developing Covid-19 with serious symptoms, and reduce hospital admissions and deaths"

We registered 203 new cases today but 0

deaths."

Thank you eden

For the information we are looking for. Sorry if there seems to be an alternate topic being followed in this thread.

Looking forward to being able to visit gc in both august and december

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Let's get the thread back on track please.

chelmsford

"Let's get the thread back on track please."

chelmsford

We registered 203 new cases today but 0 deaths."

Good!

chelmsford

"People move on and forget Spain,there are lots better countries to visit "

That's a whole new thread

chelmsford

We registered 203 new cases today but 0 deaths."

That is good news well us oldies have been double dosed here, so we're ok for our holidays

"People move on and forget Spain,there are lots better countries to visit

That's a whole new thread "

Yes. Entitled "Don't go to Spain. Come to Golf Courses in Aberdeenshire" - OP DT....

chelmsford

That's a whole new thread

Yes. Entitled "Don't go to Spain. Come to Golf Courses in Aberdeenshire" - OP DT...."

That is good news well us oldies have been double dosed here, so we're ok for our holidays "

The UK have done a brilliant job. I'm following the vaccination stats as well as the fatality curve and think you guys can be really proud of what you have achieved.

Hopefully we can follow your example and have a safe holiday destination for you to come to when the borders open up.

We have a LOT of partying to catch up on!!!

chelmsford

That is good news well us oldies have been double dosed here, so we're ok for our holidays

The UK have done a brilliant job. I'm following the vaccination stats as well as the fatality curve and think you guys can be really proud of what you have achieved.

Hopefully we can follow your example and have a safe holiday destination for you to come to when the borders open up.

We have a LOT of partying to catch up on!!! "

We have done a brilliant job here. They said our second jab would be 12 weeks, it was 9 weeks!..now where is that party?!

We have done a brilliant job here. They said our second jab would be 12 weeks, it was 9 weeks!..now where is that party?! "

Impressive. I've noticed the second jab percentages are climbing fast. Nice!

Sadly I can't tell you where the party is.... that would be advertising You'll have to follow the earth tremors to their source

chelmsford

We have done a brilliant job here. They said our second jab would be 12 weeks, it was 9 weeks!..now where is that party?!

Impressive. I've noticed the second jab percentages are climbing fast. Nice!

Sadly I can't tell you where the party is.... that would be advertising You'll have to follow the earth tremors to their source "

Oh I think we'll find them

We registered 203 new cases today but 0

deaths.

Thank you eden

For the information we are looking for. Sorry if there seems to be an alternate topic being followed in this thread.

Looking forward to being able to visit gc in both august and december"

No worries. It's great to see so much interest in people returning. We are looking forward to seeing our old friends and making new ones

Two visits? Nice! Please come by and say hello when you're here

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

Name them.

I'm sure everyone would be extremely interested to know about these destinations that have 2 dedicated swinger resorts, nice hot weather, loads of swinger bars and clubs that are all pretty much walking distance, a beach, and that you can fly to from pretty much every airport in the UK.

chelmsford

Name them.

I'm sure everyone would be extremely interested to know about these destinations that have 2 dedicated swinger resorts, nice hot weather, loads of swinger bars and clubs that are all pretty much walking distance, a beach, and that you can fly to from pretty much every airport in the UK."

I agree. It has something for everyone there. Good clubs and bars, likeminded people and is an all year round resort. We've had some great holidays there and made many friends of all nationalities

Take it we won't be seeing you then? Gutted

By *unfun21Couple  over a year ago

Down

Do you think it be ok to go in October Thinking off booking need a We holiday

Name them.

I'm sure everyone would be extremely interested to know about these destinations that have 2 dedicated swinger resorts, nice hot weather, loads of swinger bars and clubs that are all pretty much walking distance, a beach, and that you can fly to from pretty much every airport in the UK.

I agree. It has something for everyone there. Good clubs and bars, likeminded people and is an all year round resort. We've had some great holidays there and made many friends of all nationalities "

Now look what you've done! Next time we go to Maspalomas dunes there will be a Donald Trump Golf course there! Great!

chelmsford

Name them.

I agree. It has something for everyone there. Good clubs and bars, likeminded people and is an all year round resort. We've had some great holidays there and made many friends of all nationalities

Now look what you've done! Next time we go to Maspalomas dunes there will be a Donald Trump Golf course there! Great! "

Haha!

chelmsford

"Do you think it be ok to go in October Thinking off booking need a We holiday "

Well things can change with this virus, but let's be positive!

Swansea

Now look what you've done! Next time we go to Maspalomas dunes there will be a Donald Trump Golf course there! Great!

We hope not there are enough dayglow orange people in the resort at times. Also cant imagine trump spending much time in the "bunker" lol

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

How about it doesn't matter a jot what the vaccination rate or the rate of infection is....either here or in Gran Canaria, or even Greece or Portugal when it comes down to going to Europe on holiday.

My thoughts.....

Boris is holding back from allowing foreign travel for purely economic reasons, and he will hold the reins for as long as he can. Possibly until the UK summer is over.

He wants the people of the Uk to spend in Pounds Sterling, not Euros or any other currency. He wants Mummy & Daddy to be drinking Beer & Wine not Cerveza and Vino, he wants the kids to be eating Ice Cream not Gelato. He wants the people of the UK to holiday within the UK to build the economy and therefore make Sterling to become strong against the Euro. A strong Pound is power when it comes to trading. Remember, we are no longer part of the EU, the money men don't give two hoots that Spain and Greece are skint and on their knees, he couldn't care less that Swingers want to go to Gran Canaria. We no longer have to "prop up" those that are struggling, we are needed, and he knows it!

Feel free to discuss.

liverpool

"How about it doesn't matter a jot what the vaccination rate or the rate of infection is....either here or in Gran Canaria, or even Greece or Portugal when it comes down to going to Europe on holiday.

My thoughts.....

Boris is holding back from allowing foreign travel for purely economic reasons, and he will hold the reins for as long as he can. Possibly until the UK summer is over.

He wants the people of the Uk to spend in Pounds Sterling, not Euros or any other currency. He wants Mummy & Daddy to be drinking Beer & Wine not Cerveza and Vino, he wants the kids to be eating Ice Cream not Gelato. He wants the people of the UK to holiday within the UK to build the economy and therefore make Sterling to become strong against the Euro. A strong Pound is power when it comes to trading. Remember, we are no longer part of the EU, the money men don't give two hoots that Spain and Greece are skint and on their knees, he couldn't care less that Swingers want to go to Gran Canaria. We no longer have to "prop up" those that are struggling, we are needed, and he knows it!

Feel free to discuss."

Very valid point..

like buses....bound to be a third along in a minute

"How about it doesn't matter a jot what the vaccination rate or the rate of infection is....either here or in Gran Canaria, or even Greece or Portugal when it comes down to going to Europe on holiday.

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss."

I think you're absolutely dead right. He has injected capital in at grass roots for it to circulate in the local economy not in Europe.

The figures are no worse now, that when there were no restrictions and the only difference now is Brexit.

This excuse of new variants is equally applicable to new viruses and if it held water then no overseas holidays should be allowed ever.

In essence the people of England are being held prisoners.

By the way some journalist has written an article on this and called it the biggest money heist in human history.

By the way we currently have a huge golf tournament here in GC being attended by the rich and famous. Any guesses as to whether the rules have been applied

So here's some positive news...

After an Easter spike that saw daily new infections rise into the 140s, today's new infections was down to 43, the lowest in some time.

Tomorrow we will pass the 500 000 mark for first vaccinations, which doesn't sound like much in UK terms but when your target is only 1,348,856 people then it's a lot.

PDI falls under San Bartolomé de Tirajana municipality. There are currently only 26 active cases in the entire municipal area.

By *rax and MantisCouple  over a year ago

Epsom

"So here's some positive news...

After an Easter spike that saw daily new infections rise into the 140s, today's new infections was down to 43, the lowest in some time.

Tomorrow we will pass the 500 000 mark for first vaccinations, which doesn't sound like much in UK terms but when your target is only 1,348,856 people then it's a lot.

PDI falls under San Bartolomé de Tirajana municipality. There are currently only 26 active cases in the entire municipal area."

That's outstanding news, thanks for the update..x

chelmsford

"So here's some positive news...

PDI falls under San Bartolomé de Tirajana municipality. There are currently only 26 active cases in the entire municipal area."

Love good news

chelmsford

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss."

You have a good point

Chelmsford

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss.

You have a good point "

Have thought alot of what's going is a bit of pissing contest between Boris and Europe lol ??

chelmsford

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss.

You have a good point

Have thought alot of what's going is a bit of pissing contest between Boris and Europe lol ??"

Yes

bournemouth

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss."

Great post and so true makes a great change from reading about the vaccine and infection which infests every thread on here

Interesting view but have you considered the losses from the 35-40 million tourists that would be expected to visit the UK? The massive losses from UK based travel companies/airlines/airports? Falsely injecting cash into the economy, will likely have a minimal overall impact on the economy.

The variants/mutations are a very real concern among the medical profession, with the emphasis being on likely numbers requiring medical intervention and not mortality/survivability rates, as focussed on by so many.

I think travel will reopen but with the traffic light system, it won't be without the risk of mandatory quarantine on return. Time will tell

Of course this is only my views on the matter

1.7 million people are employed in the Uk tourism industry. Inbound tourism brings in 40 million people. The West end of london depend on tourism.

So it’s not just a one way street.

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

My thoughts.....

Feel free to discuss."

I think only partly true, Brits spent £62.3 billion abroad in 2019 (30% in Spain) and only £14.5bn on domestic holidays, while 40.9 million people visited the UK in 2019 and they spent £28.4 billion while here so it's not rocket science but overall it's not that much.

I think the Government are eyeing up places like Australia and New Zealand where their economies are virtually in fill swing again mainly because they have banned travel in and out. So yes spending abroad does make a small difference to the balance sheets but it is dwarfed (by far) by the overall economy opening up again therefore they just don't want any new strains coming in and closing things down again.

It's not the money going out, it's a new virus strain coming in that they are really worried about.

By *havfunCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I agree - it is new strains coming in that could really de-rail everything. UK tourism will have a boom this Summer anyway, as many will choose staycations even if travel abroad is an option.

Also, the traffic light system will at the very least limit the variety of foreign options available - and thus the numbers who can travel.

Prices for overseas holidays are likely to rise once the "safer" destinations are identified - which sadly may be too much for some who would like to travel- but then may also benefit the domestic economy.

Are these variants just in the UK? Because I haven't heard about any variants over here is all.

Lets hope we get good news for everyone on the 10th of May.

"Are these variants just in the UK? Because I haven't heard about any variants over here is all.

Lets hope we get good news for everyone on the 10th of May. "

The main ones are South African, Kent, Brazil and now Indian. All have reached UK and Ireland but in relatively small numbers....hence surge testing in certain areas of UK, to try and stem spread. Uncertain as to how effective vaccines are with the variants/mutations. Talk of a booster jab, or anti viral medication, by the autumn.

"Are these variants just in the UK? Because I haven't heard about any variants over here is all.

Lets hope we get good news for everyone on the 10th of May.

The main ones are South African, Kent, Brazil and now Indian. All have reached UK and Ireland but in relatively small numbers....hence surge testing in certain areas of UK, to try and stem spread. Uncertain as to how effective vaccines are with the variants/mutations. Talk of a booster jab, or anti viral medication, by the autumn."

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Hope they don't come to anything serious.

By *ensual but naughtyCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk

Lets hope we get good news for everyone on the 10th of May. "

https://www.thelocal.es/20210407/which-covid-variants-have-been-detected-in-spain/

Not sure the 'quality' of this web page but.....

So far, three main strains have been identified: B.1.1.7 (UK), B.1.351 (SA) and P.1 (Brazil).

The UK variant is the most dominant in Spain. In 11 Spanish regions the B.1.1.7 variant is responsible for more than 70 percent of new cases (Balearic Islands (81.8 percent), Castilla-La Mancha (74.4 percent), Valencian Community (78.4 percent), Melilla (78.6 percent), Murcia (72.2 percent), the Basque Country (76.2 percent) and La Rioja (74 percent).

In five other Spanish autonomous communities it accounts for more than 90 percent of new infections.

“It’s now our variant,” chief epidemiologist Fernando Simón told journalists during a state press conference on Monday, adding that it “could be benefiting us” as “it’s leaving no room” for the South African and Brazilian variants to take hold."

So good and bad news I suppose.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/uk-will-include-canaries-green-list

"https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/uk-will-include-canaries-green-list "

Wooohooo!!!

Swansea

That is great news.

All we need now is for the uk gov to accept antigen tests on return not pcr or drop test prices down . Or even better like last year canaries gov offer to pay for tests before leaving yey

chelmsford

"https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/uk-will-include-canaries-green-list

Wooohooo!!! "

Wooohooo indeed! Was just reading this in the British press

June is not unrealistic

Really ?? "

i think people forget what the restrictions were like at this time last year with runours of no open border til september and then spain opened up very early july - its not unrealistic

Not everything is great new. Tenerife’s numbers are getting higher all the time sadly. But the rest are looking good. Just now the 7IA is 66.14. It was 76.15 just a week ago.

528,000 jabs have been done. Mass vaccination centers opening in Tenerife today. J&J vaccine should be starting the of this week.

Soon as Tenerife and El Hierro get a hold of the infections. Things should be good again.

"Not everything is great new. Tenerife’s numbers are getting higher all the time sadly. But the rest are looking good. Just now the 7IA is 66.14. It was 76.15 just a week ago.

528,000 jabs have been done. Mass vaccination centers opening in Tenerife today. J&J vaccine should be starting the of this week.

Soon as Tenerife and El Hierro get a hold of the infections. Things should be good again. "

Just 19 active cases in San Bartolomé de Tirajana.

By *ike1469Man  over a year ago

torquay

"Jet 2 cancelling flights until the 23rd of june dosent look promising till after that.

But tui have not canceled anything so far... "

Fingers crossed I have booked for 28th june 2 weeks at esorial spa hotel maspalomas..

Have I heard wrong, Spain have now banned all flights from the Uk?

"Have I heard wrong, Spain have now banned all flights from the Uk? "

If they have it’s the first I’ve heard of it.