FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Torrevieja, Spain

Torrevieja, Spain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *s4UorU4Him OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Anyone know if Torrevieja is any good for swinging? As looking to buy there. Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isexycouple5Couple  over a year ago

Looe

Torrevieja is hell on earth, so many nicer places to buy over here

By *ickeyandmouseCouple  over a year ago

nr Alicante

"Torrevieja is hell on earth, so many nicer places to buy over here"

Really? We had our boat in The Marina International in Torrevieja and it’s a great place!

We live quite near now (La Marina) and it’s certainly not “hell on earth”

Please explain?

Looe

Known locally as Beirut

Enough said, it's a massive sink estate in the sun

nr Alicante

"Known locally as Beirut

Enough said, it's a massive sink estate in the sun"

You don’t know it then... what a ridiculous comment!

Looe

Fish and chips, pint of John Smith's smooth and it's beautiful, Skegness in the sun

Dreadful place

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Known locally as Beirut

Enough said, it's a massive sink estate in the sun"

Of course it's a massive sink estate with some the "hovels" there selling at nudging a million Euros.

In fact, drive 10 minutes out of town and I can show you places where you would have to pay even more.

Like everywhere else there are one or two older urbanisations that are a bit grotty but strangely enough they are probably the last places you would expect to find a pint of John Smiths.

While there may be quite a few Brits that live in, or regularly visit, the area the vast majority are not.

Outside of London (probably the world leader for sink estates BTW) the Torrevieja area is one of the most international melting pots in Europe.

Apart from British/Irish there are many Germans, the Scandinavians probably outnumber the British, lots of Dutch, Belgians, Poles, Russians, and the French are now making their presence felt at quite a high rate. Oh and don't forget the Spanish who outnumber us all.

The picture that you are trying to paint of the area being some type of "Brits on the piss hell hole" couldn't be further from the truth.

Over the years I've read similar hatchet jobs about the area on various forums and one thread seemed to link them all together. More often than not it was from people who had a bad experience here during and after the property boom. Usually the ones who came out on a 3 day property tour, paid well over the odds (and mortgaged themselves to the hilt) for a totally unsuitable property, then blew their brains out after the 2008 crash.

Maybe that doesn't apply to you but there must be a reason that you hate the place so much.

Oh! Maybe the Beirut comparison (which I've never heard before in nearly 20 years here) is historic.

There was a time when Beirut was one of the most fashionable resorts on the Med.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Anyone know if Torrevieja is any good for swinging? As looking to buy there. Thanks."

Now back to more important subjects.

When you say Torrevieja I think (certainly when it comes to swinging) you have to take the area as a whole.

Torrevieja itself doesn't have any swinger clubs or swinger bars so it could be argued that there is nothing there.

However (before Covid at least) there are/were 5 clubs in and around Alicante, another at Santomera (Murcia) and Besos (the only English owned club in Spain) just down the road at Guardamar.

Also, as well as quite few few Fabbers who live in or regularly visit the area there are a good number of international swingers who do the same. Also the local Spanish community are well represented.

It might take a bit of time for you to find your feet but if you put yourselves about there is some good fun to be had,

nr Alicante

"Known locally as Beirut

Enough said, it's a massive sink estate in the sun

Of course it's a massive sink estate with some the "hovels" there selling at nudging a million Euros.

In fact, drive 10 minutes out of town and I can show you places where you would have to pay even more.

Like everywhere else there are one or two older urbanisations that are a bit grotty but strangely enough they are probably the last places you would expect to find a pint of John Smiths.

While there may be quite a few Brits that live in, or regularly visit, the area the vast majority are not.

Outside of London (probably the world leader for sink estates BTW) the Torrevieja area is one of the most international melting pots in Europe.

Apart from British/Irish there are many Germans, the Scandinavians probably outnumber the British, lots of Dutch, Belgians, Poles, Russians, and the French are now making their presence felt at quite a high rate. Oh and don't forget the Spanish who outnumber us all.

The picture that you are trying to paint of the area being some type of "Brits on the piss hell hole" couldn't be further from the truth.

Over the years I've read similar hatchet jobs about the area on various forums and one thread seemed to link them all together. More often than not it was from people who had a bad experience here during and after the property boom. Usually the ones who came out on a 3 day property tour, paid well over the odds (and mortgaged themselves to the hilt) for a totally unsuitable property, then blew their brains out after the 2008 crash.

Maybe that doesn't apply to you but there must be a reason that you hate the place so much.

Oh! Maybe the Beirut comparison (which I've never heard before in nearly 20 years here) is historic.

There was a time when Beirut was one of the most fashionable resorts on the Med.

"

Well said G, on the button as usual.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes its a great place ! we have a sailing yacht in the marina and visit pretty regularly.

By *estwood100Man  over a year ago

Nearby, Westmeath

Well said, I couldn’t agree more with everything that you have said G, I have been coming to the area for 20 years

By *reatformeatWoman  over a year ago

my own bubble

"Fish and chips, pint of John Smith's smooth and it's beautiful, Skegness in the sun

Dreadful place"

Think someone is trying to act as if their a little posh lol. It’s a great place

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

John Smith's, fish and chips? I'm on my way

By *eatycockswukMan  over a year ago

radstock

bought a house in torriveja 2 years ago, got it for a good price, like the area, (torretas) safe, quiet, great food, good pubs, great Irish bar, very multicultural, and def not Beirut or a place for a John Smith's piss up! also there is the salt lakes, beaches, an sunshine.. and enough swinger fun in the area to find something! come to torriveja! hahaha.. I should be on the tourist board!

La Marina is very tasty nudist beach with undertones of swinging.

By *evil gentMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Torrevieja brilliant place, iv had a place over there for a few years now, feel safe anytime day or night, not like the uk

By *evil gentMan  over a year ago

birmingham

In fact my profile photo is in torrevieja

By *exysingh72Man  over a year ago

Isleworth

It a amazing place

Live there 7 years and had 2 restaurants there

People are amazing

By *reesteveCouple  over a year ago

west London and Costa del sol

When we were looking to move to Spain look at this area and found nothing but bad reports seems it has the fastest growing crime rate in Spain blaming the amount of brits moving there

By *ootlad101Man  over a year ago

glasgow

you can find better than torrevija not the best try el campello or vista mar south of el campello or in the south like la zenia all are better theres a big swingers club at san jan beside el campleeo its good

Costa Blanca Spain...

"When we were looking to move to Spain look at this area and found nothing but bad reports seems it has the fastest growing crime rate in Spain blaming the amount of brits moving there"

To be fair the area did go through some growing pains in the boom years of the early noughties.

And yes a lot of the trouble in those days was caused by a certain section of the British community.

A lot came out here in those days thinking it was the new land of milk and honey, cheap rents/mortgages, lots of cash in hand jobs, and the ability to keep a low profile.

When I first came out here 2003/4 the place almost had a "wild west" feel to it.

Thankfully all that changed after 2008 when the jobs dried up, the rents/mortgages couldn't be paid, and the vast majority of the chancers pissed off back to blighty.

For a while the place had a bit of an "after the gold rush" feel to it, but slowly and surely it has picked itself up, brushed itself down and is moving forward.

There have been vast improvements in infrastructure since then. The new university hospital and the fantastic Zenia Boulevard shopping centre being just 2 examples.

Policing has also improved considerably and the crime rate here is no different to any other similar sized area of Spain.

It’s horses for courses.. for us it’s a bit too busy and tourist orientated, but it has cleaned its act up and is a much better place than it used to be. Like everywhere there are good bits and bad bits.. we’ve met quite a few couples via fab from the area, but as far as I know there are not really any swingers clubs there. There are as mentioned about a few good clubs within an hours drive.. unfortunately the best venue for us was casa fiesta which is sadly no more..

We live on a naturist site about an hour away from Torrevieja called Camping Naturista El Portus.. it’s a family orientated site, but it does attract it’s fair share of swingers.. for us it’s like having room service ??????

We have been visiting Torrevieja for the last 2/3 years and find it very friendly, lots to do in the area and good restaurants if you know where to look. Besos and el Jardin are great fun and the la Marina beaches simply amazing .

xx

By *hampagnepussytqCouple  over a year ago

Bromley

As a long time on and off resident who married a local girl I would have to say that torrevieja is not everyone es cup of tea, certainly not mine,?but it is what it is, an easy place to live where you can be as much or as little integrated into Spanish life as you want to be. That goes for swinging too, it’s hardly a swinging resort but if you dig below the surface you can probably find what you want. Ultimately come to Torrevieja to live cheaply in the sun don’t come here to swing - if that’s your priority go to Miami or Buenos Aires.

I also understand the Beirut comparison, too many builders, too little planning and hey bingo concrete and heat.

» Add a new message to this topic