FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > PDI Dunes

PDI Dunes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornyczechwife OP   Couple  over a year ago

st helens

Hey.

We are off to PDI in the 10th an we were wondering if anything naughty ever happens in the dunes day or night?

We would love to watch and be watched.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

From previous recent threads, it seems it still goes on but not as prolific as it used to be....maybe down to not so many visitors, maybe not.

It's a contentious issue, with some people defending the effects on the environment, in what is an area of outstanding natural beauty and how littering and destroying the natural vegetation by trampling it down etc is wrong, some arguing that it is outraging public decency and that lewd behaviour, in what is not an adults only area, is wrong and some siding on the right to do as we please, greedy girl/ thrillseeker/exhibitionist side of things.

Who is right? Who knows, it's for you to decide which you agree with?

The big change is the Canarian Governments efforts to protect the dunes and that now wardens patrol the dunes, moving people on and occasionally fining them....but by all accounts, the wardens disappear in the early afternoon and people move back into the dunes late afternoon and indulge themselves. It was my experience that this was usually when the dunes were most active anyhow....so it's possibly only really driven away the all day sunbathers??

st helens

Thanks, we will have a wonder there.

By *C79Man  over a year ago

Caterham

If I happen to see you in the dunes, I may just stop & watch

By *UNSUMMERMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove / Gran Canaria

"From previous recent threads, it seems it still goes on but not as prolific as it used to be....maybe down to not so many visitors, maybe not.

It's a contentious issue, with some people defending the effects on the environment, in what is an area of outstanding natural beauty and how littering and destroying the natural vegetation by trampling it down etc is wrong, some arguing that it is outraging public decency and that lewd behaviour, in what is not an adults only area, is wrong and some siding on the right to do as we please, greedy girl/ thrillseeker/exhibitionist side of things.

Who is right? Who knows, it's for you to decide which you agree with?

The big change is the Canarian Governments efforts to protect the dunes and that now wardens patrol the dunes, moving people on and occasionally fining them....but by all accounts, the wardens disappear in the early afternoon and people move back into the dunes late afternoon and indulge themselves. It was my experience that this was usually when the dunes were most active anyhow....so it's possibly only really driven away the all day sunbathers?? "

Could not have said it better my self if you keep to the path way through the dunes your ok. There is fun still to have but like already said keep a look out or if caught you just get moved on

By *akedsunloversCouple  over a year ago

midlands

it's dead

no one in the dunes all week

By *annyd69Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"Hey.

We are off to PDI in the 10th an we were wondering if anything naughty ever happens in the dunes day or night?

We would love to watch and be watched. "

We were last there in February & there was loads of action every day. Go & you won't be disappointed

By *ickeyblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well I can say it was very much changed days from what has gone before no doubt due to covid, etc. No kiosks open which has seriously dampened the atmosphere and numbers even around the infamous K6 spot. Was really disappointed and unless you are a gay man it looked like possibilities for "adventure" were few and far between even at the prime "late afternoon" slot. Maybe a pre-arranged meet is the way for here?

By *opite 5Man  over a year ago

Bangor

The way it has been regarding the dunes is they only seem to be patrolled by 3 or 4 wardens at the most but only on random day's for an hour or 2, it is most certainly not 'all day every day', i mean lets face it would you really be bothered doing that every single day on a daily basis in blistering heat. Also when i hav witnessed wardens coming across bathers then they just politely ask u to move on, that's it. They 'will not' march u to the nearest cash machine.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The way it has been regarding the dunes is they only seem to be patrolled by 3 or 4 wardens at the most but only on random day's for an hour or 2, it is most certainly not 'all day every day', i mean lets face it would you really be bothered doing that every single day on a daily basis in blistering heat. Also when i hav witnessed wardens coming across bathers then they just politely ask u to move on, that's it. They 'will not' march u to the nearest cash machine."

It's their job, so I don't think 'bothered' comes into it?? They also have 2 4x4's marked up similar to Police cars and from accounts we have received from friends that live there, they will fine people, depending on the circumstances ....so the question is, do you feel lucky?(always think that should end with punk lol)

By *ughandJayneCouple  over a year ago

Dartford

Agreed the dunes look less appealing and the kiosks are all closed, annoying when you've trekked thru' the dunes and fancy a beer!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"The way it has been regarding the dunes is they only seem to be patrolled by 3 or 4 wardens at the most but only on random day's for an hour or 2, it is most certainly not 'all day every day', i mean lets face it would you really be bothered doing that every single day on a daily basis in blistering heat. Also when i hav witnessed wardens coming across bathers then they just politely ask u to move on, that's it. They 'will not' march u to the nearest cash machine.

It's their job, so I don't think 'bothered' comes into it?? They also have 2 4x4's marked up similar to Police cars and from accounts we have received from friends that live there, they will fine people, depending on the circumstances ....so the question is, do you feel lucky?(always think that should end with punk lol)"

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"The way it has been regarding the dunes is they only seem to be patrolled by 3 or 4 wardens at the most but only on random day's for an hour or 2, it is most certainly not 'all day every day', i mean lets face it would you really be bothered doing that every single day on a daily basis in blistering heat. Also when i hav witnessed wardens coming across bathers then they just politely ask u to move on, that's it. They 'will not' march u to the nearest cash machine.

It's their job, so I don't think 'bothered' comes into it?? They also have 2 4x4's marked up similar to Police cars and from accounts we have received from friends that live there, they will fine people, depending on the circumstances ....so the question is, do you feel lucky?(always think that should end with punk lol)"

And of you get caught be prepared to beg forgiveness and not be aggressive

st helens

We will give it a go

By *C79Man  over a year ago

Caterham

"We will give it a go "

I'm going to the beach tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I may see you

By *accorkMan  over a year ago

cork

the guys are still selling beer out of bags on the beach. alternatively take a cab to faro 6 euro from pdi, go to the supermarket and buy ur beer there

By *usthere4uMan  over a year ago

North East

any idea when kiosks will get open? are the sunbeds available to rent on the beach? and curious if so..how much /day?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Without the kiosks, especially kiosk 4 now 6, don't think we'd be bothered making the trek either from Faro lighthouse or through the dunes from RUI Hotel.

Pity, it was a great place for a drink and chat, ice-breaker for the evenings in Cita.

If no sunbeds and umbrellas, definitely not worth the hike, we arrive mid November looks like long days around pool and nights in Cita bars and clubs.

By *accorkMan  over a year ago

cork

there is sunbeds and parasols. 7 euro 50 for 2 beds and 1 parasol, payable by card only

Dartford

Take a bus, €1.30 ??

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Take a bus, €1.30 ??"

Never noticed any buses stop outside Kiosk 4/6.

Must stop daytime drinking.

By *usthere4uMan  over a year ago

North East

"there is sunbeds and parasols. 7 euro 50 for 2 beds and 1 parasol, payable by card only"
by card only???

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

all around

"Take a bus, €1.30 ??

Never noticed any buses stop outside Kiosk 4/6.

Must stop daytime drinking. "

Wouldn't it be nice

Dartford

Not seen many taxis there either ??

Hard to find a bus from PdI that *doesn’t* go to the Faro ( assuming you’re pointing in the right direction )

A much shorter walk to the ( still not open ) kiosk from there than the long trek around the foreshore or the yomp through the dunes!

» Add a new message to this topic