FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > PDI Gluten Free for a Coeliac

PDI Gluten Free for a Coeliac

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oinus7378 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

So we're planning on getting over to PDI in January'24.

We are looking at staying at Gold.

The only problem we may face is what the offering of Guten Free Options is like in the restaurants.

We get by OK in the Balierics but it's been years since we went to the Canaries.

Any help appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Contact the hotel you wish to stay at?

By *unInTheSun80sCouple  over a year ago

Costa Del Sol

You won't have a problem. Lots of gluten free options and menus are clearly labelled if a product contains gluten or any allergens (it's a Spanish law in general). If you let the restaurants know they will ensure that your food is prepared in a different area to avoid cross contamination.

Staffordshire

"You won't have a problem. Lots of gluten free options and menus are clearly labelled if a product contains gluten or any allergens (it's a Spanish law in general). If you let the restaurants know they will ensure that your food is prepared in a different area to avoid cross contamination. "

Thank you, that's most helpful

By *nsatiable_Couple555Couple  over a year ago

Mid Cornwall

I'm celiac as well and have no problems in the hotels or restaurants.

Hotels clearly label foods on the buffet, but noticed spoons can be mixed up by guests so suggest you take your own spoon with you and be vigilant for cross contamination.

The hotel we stay in will go and get gf bread, but I always take my own as like a certain type. They offered me gf cereal as well.

We stayed at Gold once and had no problems with finding gf options at breakfast.

The Dino supermarket nextdoor has a large section of gf foods, bread included. We shopped there and prepared food for the beach picnic in the well equipped kitchen in your room at Gold.

Certain places like Tipsy Hammock do gluten free beer.

GC is ahead of the game with GF unlike a Greek Island I visited last year and some areas in the UK.

You'll be fine xxx

Staffordshire

"I'm celiac as well and have no problems in the hotels or restaurants.

Hotels clearly label foods on the buffet, but noticed spoons can be mixed up by guests so suggest you take your own spoon with you and be vigilant for cross contamination.

The hotel we stay in will go and get gf bread, but I always take my own as like a certain type. They offered me gf cereal as well.

We stayed at Gold once and had no problems with finding gf options at breakfast.

The Dino supermarket nextdoor has a large section of gf foods, bread included. We shopped there and prepared food for the beach picnic in the well equipped kitchen in your room at Gold.

Certain places like Tipsy Hammock do gluten free beer.

GC is ahead of the game with GF unlike a Greek Island I visited last year and some areas in the UK.

You'll be fine xxx"

Thank you x

By *op Cat and Danger MouseCouple  over a year ago

Wild Pear Beach

Hey. In a sort of similar ish theme. Any recommendations for vegan restaurants in and around PDI would be really appreciated. We are going in August. Xxx

By *k_intriguedCouple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

There's a Facebook group called Gluten Free Gran Canaria, which might have some tips. We've not been yet (and our only requirement is an intolerance, rather than coeliac)

By *den_GCCouple  over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

There's a few good Poke bowl places around

Good Vibes and Green Planet on Avenida de Tirajana are veggie/vegan/clean food restaurants. Very well placed, inexpensive AND amazing food

I have a few veggie/vegan friends who come over regularly and rave about those restaurants

By *op Cat and Danger MouseCouple  over a year ago

Wild Pear Beach

That's brilliant. Thank you. X

Mid Cornwall

"There's a Facebook group called Gluten Free Gran Canaria, which might have some tips. We've not been yet (and our only requirement is an intolerance,

rather than coeliac)"

Thank you xxx

Staffordshire

"There's a Facebook group called Gluten Free Gran Canaria, which might have some tips. We've not been yet (and our only requirement is an intolerance, rather than coeliac)"

Thank you x

By *hropsDuoCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

We normally either self cater or have our meals in hotels when we're here, but this holiday we have eaten out more and have been surprised that everywhere we've asked has been able to cater for me, even the small beachfront restaurants have been fine.

Even McDonald's do a Gluten free bun.

Mid Cornwall

"We normally either self cater or have our meals in hotels when we're here, but this holiday we have eaten out more and have been surprised that everywhere we've asked has been able to cater for me, even the small beachfront restaurants have been fine.

Even McDonald's do a Gluten free bun. "

Do they, I didn't know that. Is that in the UK as well. Not that I'm a big fan but loads to pop into early hours of the morning after a sex party lol xxx

Shropshire

"We normally either self cater or have our meals in hotels when we're here, but this holiday we have eaten out more and have been surprised that everywhere we've asked has been able to cater for me, even the small beachfront restaurants have been fine.

Even McDonald's do a Gluten free bun.

Do they, I didn't know that. Is that in the UK as well. Not that I'm a big fan but loads to pop into early hours of the morning after a sex party lol xxx"

No the UK is behind Spain on that front

You can take your own bun in the UK their burger patties are OK and their fries are as nothing else is fried in the oil.

I had one the other night after drinking down PDI beach front. Like you I'm not usually a fan but it was nice to be 'normal' for once lol

Mid Cornwall

Looks like that's the place to go when I want to soak up the alcohol lol. Thank you

Shropshire

"Looks like that's the place to go when I want to soak up the alcohol lol. Thank you "

You're welcome.

Did you also know that you can get gluten free Burger King at the airport?

You just have to go to the counter to order.

I've just joined the gluten free Gran Canaria page on Facebook too and there's lots of useful information on there. Going to have a good read through.

There's even a restaurant in Arguineguin that is totally gluten free.. maybe we could go together if we're ever here at the same time

By *an42Woman  over a year ago

Sunderland

I can definitely recommend good vibes ,plenty to choose from, and the staff know what they are talking about they also served gluten free larger.

There's a burger king as well if you're after a beer soak up lol x

Mid Cornwall

"Looks like that's the place to go when I want to soak up the alcohol lol. Thank you

You're welcome.

I've just joined the gluten free Gran Canaria page on Facebook too and there's lots of useful information on there. Going to have a good read through.

There's even a restaurant in Arguineguin that is totally gluten free.. maybe we could go together if we're ever here at the same time "

This is brilliant information thank you and yes, that sounds like a plan. When are you there again x

Shropshire

"Looks like that's the place to go when I want to soak up the alcohol lol. Thank you

You're welcome.

There's even a restaurant in Arguineguin that is totally gluten free.. maybe we could go together if we're ever here at the same time

This is brilliant information thank you and yes, that sounds like a plan. When are you there again x"

Not sure when we will be there again yet.. only came back yesterday from our 2nd visit this year. Cap d’Agde season is coming up soon and we will have trips there during spring/summer, so probably won't start going back to GC until October time. x

Mid Cornwall

You're welcome.

This is brilliant information thank you and yes, that sounds like a plan. When are you there again x

Not sure when we will be there again yet.. only came back yesterday from our 2nd visit this year. Cap d’Agde season is coming up soon and we will have trips there during spring/summer, so probably won't start going back to GC until October time. x"

We may see you then as hope to return layer in the year xxx

Shropshire

You're welcome.

Not sure when we will be there again yet.. only came back yesterday from our 2nd visit this year. Cap d’Agde season is coming up soon and we will have trips there during spring/summer, so probably won't start going back to GC until October time. x

We may see you then as hope to return layer in the year xxx"

We'll keep an eye out for when you're there xxx

» Add a new message to this topic