FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > April/May/ Brexit

April/May/ Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubo OP   Couple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Does anyone forsee any problems with flights to Spain immediately after the Brexit deadline at end of March. Especially as it looks like it could be a No Deal ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Does anyone forsee any problems with flights to Spain immediately after the Brexit deadline at end of March. Especially as it looks like it could be a No Deal ?"

No chance of a no deal it’s all a fudge

By *altraMan  over a year ago

Honiton

No deal yippee brilliant. What we need to remember is the Europeans need us as much as we need them. Apart from the fact anything we buy from Europe we can actually buy from anywhere in the world. So no I can't see that that there will be Any form of problem travelling as we do now.....

By *unta PrimaTV/TS  over a year ago

Costa Blanca, Spain

Brexit is a complete f--king disatser and should be cancelled immediately - we are much better in Europe but even with a disastrous no deal i dont expect flights to be affected

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

"Brexit is a complete f--king disatser and should be cancelled immediately - we are much better in Europe but even with a disastrous no deal i dont expect flights to be affected"

I agree on Brexit being a disaster, however without a deal it could well be carnage. I already have flights booked for early April, so will have to wait and see... https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/24/no-deal-brexit-would-halt-most-uk-spain-flights-industry-says?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2F2018%2Foct%2F24%2Fno-deal-brexit-would-halt-most-uk-spain-flights-industry-says

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"No deal yippee brilliant. What we need to remember is the Europeans need us as much as we need them. Apart from the fact anything we buy from Europe we can actually buy from anywhere in the world. So no I can't see that that there will be Any form of problem travelling as we do now....."

NO WE FUCKING DON'T

Signed

The rest of the EU

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"No deal yippee brilliant. What we need to remember is the Europeans need us as much as we need them. Apart from the fact anything we buy from Europe we can actually buy from anywhere in the world. So no I can't see that that there will be Any form of problem travelling as we do now.....

NO WE FUCKING DON'T

Signed

The rest of the EU "

Tell that to the Benidorm hoteliers association.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Does anyone forsee any problems with flights to Spain immediately after the Brexit deadline at end of March. Especially as it looks like it could be a No Deal ?"

Both UK and EU say they want an agreement on this.

EU has put forward a proposal that would allow a basic level of service to continue.

Goodwill and co-operation needed.

Like everything else about Brexit, it is damage limitation.

If the UK throws a hissy fit and stomps off without settling its debts, expect damage.

If it doesn’t, expect some sort of service to continue.

Honiton

All I can say is that a no deal brexit would be hard for a while but in time get us better deals with the rest of the world. Open your eyes those of you that want to remain and obviously enjoy paying high food and fuel prices etc. If we had the same fair prices the Europeans pay in there countries then I would probably change my mind. Get out of your bubbles and stand up for what BRITAIN should be...GREAT !!

I hope so You Brits coming over here stealing all our Sunshine , drinking the cold beer and smoking the cheap fags !!!!!!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Does anyone forsee any problems with flights to Spain immediately after the Brexit deadline at end of March. Especially as it looks like it could be a No Deal ?

Both UK and EU say they want an agreement on this.

EU has put forward a proposal that would allow a basic level of service to continue.

Like everything else about Brexit, it is damage limitation.

If the UK throws a hissy fit and stomps off without settling its debts, expect damage.

If it doesn’t, expect some sort of service to continue."

The only hissy fit that I see is the one that Juncker is throwing because he can't get his own way.

Even wetter than wet Mrs May would have to retaliate if they even tried to stop flights from the UK.

Just take a look at flight radar or similar (especially in the mornings) and look how many transatlantic flights pass over the UK from European airports. There are hundreds every day.

If Juncker and Co want to play silly games then Frankfurt to New York on Lufthansa would be a very iffy booking for March 30th.

Bristol East

None of which helps anyone whatsoever.

Honiton

Or tell them to stick it leave with a no deal and then bargain with the test of the big wide world. There's nothing we can't buy from anywhere else that we buy from Europe and probably better quality. We can be self sufficient for the most part it will just take some work and effort. The Caribbean offers cold beer and cheap fags and hotter sunshine !!

Bristol East

Equally unhelpful and destructive.

FFS, this is people’s way of life that you want to wreck.

By *ohnandsueCouple  over a year ago

llandudno

We owe the eu nothing

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

Don’t worry about flights or holidays, boats, planes, after Brexit. Last time I looked USA , Australia , Japan, China and all others not in the EU didn’t seem to be have any problems coming and going . We may have some problems if no deal, but travel won’t be one of them ! Both sides have too many vested interests ...

Honiton

Here here to the last two posts....

Honiton

[Removed by poster at 19/12/18 20:51:07]

Honiton

Sara J not wreck improve get out your bubble. Better health care schools etc by not sending our hard earned cash to the eu...

Costa Blanca Spain...

"None of which helps anyone whatsoever.

Goodwill and co-operation needed."

Yes of course.

But from BOTH sides.

By *iddevoncoupleCouple  over a year ago

Malaga SA

My wife lived in Spain before the Euro in the 70`s the big and only difference in those days the pound was much stronger but so was it throughout the world, apart from that when we joined the union nothing really happened, the only thing we feel is that so few of us were truly educated as to what we were voting for when we decided that we should leave, our feeling is that we voted a government in to make these decisions for us and they whimped out and threw it to the general public to make the decision for them, now we all know a bit more about the implications the feelings have changed?

Honiton

Mines not changed we would all be better off independent from Europe. The pound would become stronger invest in Great Britain not Europe...

Malaga SA

Good debate for a swingers forum? and why not seeing a few of us are living down here.

"All I can say is that a no deal brexit would be hard for a while but in time get us better deals with the rest of the world. Open your eyes those of you that want to remain and obviously enjoy paying high food and fuel prices etc. If we had the same fair prices the Europeans pay in there countries then I would probably change my mind. Get out of your bubbles and stand up for what BRITAIN should be...GREAT !!"

You are hilarious. Prices are already increasing, tariffs will increase them more. Red tape for imports and exports will also increase costs and prices.

Honiton

Trouble is your remainers have been blinkered like horses since the 70s. I bet you were all good students yes sir no sir three bags full sir. Brexit yes Germans no Germans three bags full Germans such a shame... look at like New Zealand independent thriving dealing with the world that could be Great Britian. If all you've got to worry about is cheap fags you losers...

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"

You are hilarious. Prices are already increasing, tariffs will increase them more. Red tape for imports and exports will also increase costs and prices. "

and the french are rioting about what again? Nothing important obviously...everything in the EU is just dandy

Honiton

We should take the French approach when we're not happy protest. Oh I forgot we're English we just sit back and allow....

By *unta PrimaTV/TS  over a year ago

Costa Blanca, Spain

Valtra is just typical of all Brexiteers by being extremely vitriolic in his attitude to Remainers those of us who know we were lied to and realise that we are better in Europe - we did not vote to become poorer for even one day never mind 5 or 10 years when some or us will not be on this earth.

Dont pull up the draw bridge and build a wall around Britain, keep it Great by being part of a big club and get some politicians with balls enough to push our wishes and needs in Europe.

This post does not have a place on this a sex dating site and should be removed.

Anyone remember a place called Iceland ?

Honiton

Punta prima obviously your head is just filled with sex.. why shouldn't we have a post about brexit on a sex site. At the end of the day those of you who can't see we would be financially better off in the long term out of europe I feel very sad for you. But anyway it will be what it be unfortunately it's out of our hands..

Honiton

Ps Punta Prima I've just read your profile and I can see your more than happy to just lay down and give in

Costa Blanca Spain...

" Anyone remember a place called Iceland ?"

Yes. It's a bit like Greece but colder and with volcanoes.

Like Greece it went skint.

Unlike Greece it managed to bounce back in a few short years.

Unlike Greece it had its own currency and was not a member of the EU.

Greece is still skint.

Go figure.

By *ady Penny Morgan SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Could be near you........

" My wife lived in Spain before the Euro in the 70`s the big and only difference in those days the pound was much stronger but so was it throughout the world, apart from that when we joined the union nothing really happened, the only thing we feel is that so few of us were truly educated as to what we were voting for when we decided that we should leave, our feeling is that we voted a government in to make these decisions for us and they whimped out and threw it to the general public to make the decision for them, now we all know a bit more about the implications the feelings have changed? "

Well she definitely miss informed you I went to Spain on holiday in 1976 and the pound had collapsed 101 peseta to the pound so your information above is wrong the pound was terrible in the seventies and Britain had 3 day working!

" Anyone remember a place called Iceland ?

Greece is still skint.

Go figure. "

My point exactly

Flights will not be affected in any way as free flying movement is needed from all countries you may at some point have to pay a small entry tax at immigration, which we already have to do in some countries, but that's all. Enjoy your holiday but buy some euros now if your going as exchange rates may be fluctuating wildly in the months after the leave deadline as markets settle. male

By *ubo OP   Couple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"Does anyone forsee any problems with flights to Spain immediately after the Brexit deadline at end of March. Especially as it looks like it could be a No Deal ?

Flights will not be affected in any way as free flying movement is needed from all countries you may at some point have to pay a small entry tax at immigration, which we already have to do in some countries, but that's all. Enjoy your holiday but buy some euros now if your going as exchange rates may be fluctuating wildly in the months after the leave deadline as markets settle. male "

Good to see my OP back on track We fly out the week after Brexit and to be honest, have a feeling that there is likely to be LONG delays at airports

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

" My wife lived in Spain before the Euro in the 70`s the big and only difference in those days the pound was much stronger but so was it throughout the world, apart from that when we joined the union nothing really happened, the only thing we feel is that so few of us were truly educated as to what we were voting for when we decided that we should leave, our feeling is that we voted a government in to make these decisions for us and they whimped out and threw it to the general public to make the decision for them, now we all know a bit more about the implications the feelings have changed?

Well she definitely miss informed you I went to Spain on holiday in 1976 and the pound had collapsed 101 peseta to the pound so your information above is wrong the pound was terrible in the seventies and Britain had 3 day working! "

it was 120 in 1976 and britain wasnt on a 3 day week then.

EU has announced that flights from and to UK will have a six month graced period.

Honiton

Your all so blinkered you should all become mps. If all your worried about is flights and where your next shag is coming from God help us all

By *ady Penny Morgan SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Could be near you........

" My wife lived in Spain before the Euro in the 70`s the big and only difference in those days the pound was much stronger but so was it throughout the world, apart from that when we joined the union nothing really happened, the only thing we feel is that so few of us were truly educated as to what we were voting for when we decided that we should leave, our feeling is that we voted a government in to make these decisions for us and they whimped out and threw it to the general public to make the decision for them, now we all know a bit more about the implications the feelings have changed?

Well she definitely miss informed you I went to Spain on holiday in 1976 and the pound had collapsed 101 peseta to the pound so your information above is wrong the pound was terrible in the seventies and Britain had 3 day working! it was 120 in 1976 and britain wasnt on a 3 day week then."

The op said the seventies and you need to read before trying to be smart 1973-74 3 day week and also late seventies mortgage rate went through the roof, also I can assure you it was 101 to the pound as we were on holiday only good thing was Spain economy was even worse than ours....

Bristol East

" Anyone remember a place called Iceland ?

Greece is still skint.

Go figure. "

Iceland yes. The Government cancelled everyone’s debt and put the bankers in jail. Shame we did not do the same.

And the former mayor of Reykavik is a transvestite.

Honiton

Here here to the last post let's have a fresh start...

Malaga SA

But you`re from Leeds?

No not a problem. EU can do nothing about to and from a country as this is part of the 5 freedoms of the air and entrenched into international law via ICAO. Yes the EU can control internal flights say France to Spain but to get round this most airlines have a registerd subsidery office in the EU. Do not be put off, it honestly is all bluster from the likes of Junker who does not have a clue. PS I have 23 years aviation experience. Book and enjoy your holiday - send mt the snaps

All flight slots are booked and paid for 12 to 18 months in advance its a FAA requirement so the your holiday flight is safe.

You can't sell a seat on any flight without the airline having permission to fly there.

So stop reading all the scary fake news.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"No not a problem. EU can do nothing about to and from a country as this is part of the 5 freedoms of the air and entrenched into international law via ICAO. Yes the EU can control internal flights say France to Spain but to get round this most airlines have a registerd subsidery office in the EU. Do not be put off, it honestly is all bluster from the likes of Junker who does not have a clue. PS I have 23 years aviation experience. Book and enjoy your holiday - send mt the snaps "

Shhh! Don't let the truth get in the way of a good project fear scare story.

By *urocouple4funCouple  over a year ago

bristol

Ive read all the threads and all I see is the stay and leave camps bickering, pretty much like internal politics in the UK.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but your all just shooting in the dark! absolutely no one knows what will fall out regards Brexit, its all just guessing! we may prevail we may sink! NOBODY CAN FORECAST!

however its a divorce, neither side will come off stronger and you'd be simple to think otherwise.

» Add a new message to this topic