FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Getting Harder

Getting Harder

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or does it appear to be getting harder and harder for genuine single males to make headway on this site? I've had 2 accounts over the course of my 4 - 5 year swinging 'career' and in that time have noticed a marked decline in the time of day people are willing to give you? Maybe the couples and single fems can chip in here, is it because you are getting more and more overloaded by the day?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

It could be

- more competition

- easier to find what people want

- playing safe with previous meets

- people being more wary

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

profiles really really long, longer it is more likely people are going to stop reading half way through and click elsewhere

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

See now I disagree with Robbie, I didn't think your profile too long, I read it all and thought it was a fairly decent profile.....just goes to show everyone is gonna have a different opinion....with regards to how much time of day you'll get, speaking for myself, I'm not totally inundated with messages like some fems (I'm hoping that's cos of me filters, rather than being a munter ) but I still have enough that were I to meet everyone that I liked the look of who messaged me, the times I wasn't shagging I'd be spending a lot of time with a bag of frozen peas between my legs

Only thing I would say is do make sure you message people who's criteria you think you meet and try to make sure you message stands out from the crowd....Good Luck

By *ust a TeaseMan  over a year ago

Neverlans

see i was just about to post how its become easier, ive found in the last few months that i have met alot more couples and ladies,

The socials help plus i do go in the chat room and tend to stay in one room, so alot of people get to know me.

might just be in your area is has died down a bit

i have noticed it has taken off round here and there is always people that i can meet with, if i choose

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"profiles really really long, longer it is more likely people are going to stop reading half way through and click elsewhere"

I disagree: I liked the profile, no ambiguity about what he's looking for etc and about him.

Apart from the pointless legal disclaimer, good profile.

I think op it could be any number of reasons, just ensure you're contacting people looking for your age group, remain positive and respectful, and good luck.

If I were a single guy - places like this would be the last place I would come looking for sexual encounters.

Talk about pushing water up hill.

Once you start to see this site (or others like it) as a challenge, you have lost.

The way I look at it is :

The site (especially the forums) is fun. It allows you to chat or engage people with a commmon interest.

It also offers the possibility that (as a result of you being here) you may occasionally meet other members, be it for social reasons or sexual ones.

It should never be seen as a challenge.

It is, after all, just a part of the swinging scene, not the whole of it !

Go out and enjoy yourself

I have found it easier but like anything you will have good times and bad/lean times without any luck. Just depends who is around, looking, up for it etc

the thing is with a dead long profile though you need a invested reason usually to read it all, now you've done it coz u wanted to see it all to give him feedback.

but if u had dozens of messages from all different guys and not really too bothered about anything on a regular day then maybe you wouldnt put so much effort into reading someones profile with that much on

when people ask for feedback on here and you take an interest you will read and give things alot more attention that you would if you just had a short message come into your inbox

By *orset manMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

good looking young fella like you can pull at the clubs, pub and office- no?

By the way I am straight

I do think your profile goes on a bit- mine is not short i know ( my profile that is) !

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Sorry Robbie, gonna disagree with you again....of the messages I do get, the ones I'm more likely to respond positively to (assuming the picture takes my fancy) are the ones that take me a minute or two to read....I'm much more likely to click onto a profile with next to nothing in it and send off a thanks but no thanks message than if I can pick some hint of the personality off the profile as well as the message Once again shows how we're all unique - just like everyone else

See I don't think the OP's profile is too long either, its about the same length as mine and I get plenty of interest despite my face pic being in the friends only gallery (though I do send it with a first message if I'm the one making contact)

The way I see it ladies like to browse profiles, whether they come across you by contact, in the forums or just by chance. By browsing a profile they don't feel pressured at all to reply like they do with a message so can take the time to just enjoy reading and/or perving, and if your profile is fun, imaginative and has photos of you that appeal to them it will tend to stick in a fair maiden's mind, so in the long run you build up more interest.

Besides which it appears you've got rid of the legal bollocks mate, which is certainly a plus!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Like some of the others, I like your profile, and the length isn't off-putting. The important thing is whether it's right for who your target market is, and some of the ladies definitely like it.

I think only other single guys, who've been around for some time, like you could evaluate and advise whether they think it's now harder to get meets, compared to some time back.

My gut feel that more competition and jaded meet/failure experiences is likely to lead people to be more selective or more accurate in their choice of partners. This is good for decent reliable people, and makes it potentially harder for the jerks, timewasters and fantasists etc, though there'll be some hurdles and probably a bit harder for everyone who's decent.

What matters is how you approach getting meets, and to know people, as this will stand out. As you've got experience and are verified, then this will help you immensely. Look for the right people, who're looking for people like you, with reciprocal interests, and who are likely also fairly well established, and it should prove more reliable. Not trying to teach you to such eggs, but focusing on what's positive about where you're at now.

Update your profile, as you move along, as a longer profile is likely to need refreshing more readily than a short one.

Good luck!

» Add a new message to this topic