FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Confidence issues

Confidence issues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hubster2016 OP   Man  over a year ago

WestWorld

So I’ve been single and not had any intimacy for a long time due to a hate of what i see in the mirror! Due to bullying and constantly being told I’m fat & ugly even by friends!!

I’ve done a bit within relationships but as ive been Outa the game I’m nervous I’m Gona be crap if/when I get a chance

My pics and vids on here are to push myself a bit.

What would you do/suggest?

I would like to fuck a women while her bloke/hubby watches but think that will have to wait lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rnywxmMan  over a year ago

near you

Ur what I’d call beefy! I prefer it

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

Clubs (when they reopen) will give you a better opportunity.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For me, I don't see anything wrong with how you look in your photos. Well done for putting yourself out there with them. You should be proud of yourself.

Most people are nervous when they meet someone new. Talking enough before meeting up, then a kiss and cuddle normally help me to relax.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Same here. Well done, you!

Never let anybody get in your head, like that. I know it's hard, when you've been told that.

Most people have body insecurities - I hate my flabby belly, so never show it in my pics - but other people don't see them. Be kinder to yourself.

Have a wonderful time on here x

By *exysoul888TV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

You have what is called a "dad bod" . There are loads of people who specify that body type as a preference x.

As for you mates who give you grief, they may just see it as banter. Let them know you aren't ok with it. Just give a "fuck off mate" to tell them to back off. Or give back as good as they are giving x

Good luck x

Get new friends.

By *ustbrowsing123555Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm also struggling with confidence. It's brutal on here for single males.

WestWorld

Thank you

And thank you for liking the way I look

By *lasphemousGirlWoman  over a year ago

Cambs

I've gained confidence from adding pics, I've been lucky to only recieve compliments on here,

I hope you find what you're looking for OP. x

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

I've no issue with you're body, but I would ask you the read your profile out loud. It's like selling houses, you don't highlight the problems to sell a place. Try and be more positive with your wording

Newcastle

"I've gained confidence from adding pics, I've been lucky to only recieve compliments on here,

I hope you find what you're looking for OP. x"

I've done the same xx Lucky as only had one negative comment x

WestWorld

Sorry about my profile I’ll try n sort it out a bit

But as said if your a single bloke on here that’s not a Geordie Essex Chelsea body/asshole type you’ve got no chance! Or very little

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass.

"Sorry about my profile I’ll try n sort it out a bit

But as said if your a single bloke on here that’s not a Geordie Essex Chelsea body/asshole type you’ve got no chance! Or very little

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. "

I go for what people are really like. Bodies can change, but who they are inside, how they engage my brain, how interesting they are is what really sells them to me.

You need to try and be more positive about yourself. Write down at least 5 things about you that you like. Can be absolutely anything from "I have great eyes" and "I am a good listener" to "I can cook a decent meal" and "I can change a car tyre". You'd be surprised how many men can't do the last three.

Newcastle

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass.

I go for what people are really like. Bodies can change, but who they are inside, how they engage my brain, how interesting they are is what really sells them to me.

You need to try and be more positive about yourself. Write down at least 5 things about you that you like. Can be absolutely anything from "I have great eyes" and "I am a good listener" to "I can cook a decent meal" and "I can change a car tyre". You'd be surprised how many men can't do the last three."

Good advice XXX

And after that watch "shallow hal" Adeel good film for people with self esteem issues. And Jack Black can raise anyone's spirits xx

As much as people can be dicks, there's no bigger critic of yourself than 'you'. I think we all go through stages like this feeling like we aren't good enough or can't compare. Be kind to yourself always and own who you are, that's the most attractive quality of anyone in my opinion. As for bullies, they are just miserable people projecting their own insecurities onto you, don't let them get in your head

You need to try and be more positive about yourself. Write down at least 5 things about you that you like. Can be absolutely anything from "I have great eyes" and "I am a good listener" to "I can cook a decent meal" and "I can change a car tyre". You'd be surprised how many men can't do the last three.

Good advice XXX

And after that watch "shallow hal" Adeel good film for people with self esteem issues. And Jack Black can raise anyone's spirits xx"

Thanks. It's something I made myself do more than once for similar reasons to the OP.

I love Shallow Hal.

Newcastle

"

And after that watch "shallow hal" Adeel good film for people with self esteem issues. And Jack Black can raise anyone's spirits xx

Thanks. It's something I made myself do more than once for similar reasons to the OP.

I love Shallow Hal."

It's one of my "go to" films x And I prefer the "real" Gwyneth in it!

WestWorld

Well I’m a bit of a joker I crack jokes and comebacks I also do impressions and make people laugh.

Shallow Hal is a good film I have it on dvd, my go to film is the wedding singer!

And as for being a listener I’m good at that been a shoulder etc for loads of my friends, cooking no problem stuffed mushrooms,chilli,spag bowl,a good steak no worries. And Changing a car tyre well 5 mins done I can strip it down and rebuild it too as I’m a qualified spanner monkey lol

The liking myself part is the hardest bit as I’ve not since I had an operation gained loads of weight and filled out at 14, so went from super fit sports guy to blob.

I’ve yo-yo d with my weight ever since at my biggest I got to 20stone 10lb but then focused and in 14 months got down to 14stone, went away for New Years got chatting to a girl to be told by her friend that came over I was a fat c**t and should f**k off!!

I will get there I will trim down etc just takes time

"So I’ve been single and not had any intimacy for a long time due to a hate of what i see in the mirror! Due to bullying and constantly being told I’m fat & ugly even by friends!!

I’ve done a bit within relationships but as ive been Outa the game I’m nervous I’m Gona be crap if/when I get a chance

I would like to fuck a women while her bloke/hubby watches but think that will have to wait lol "

Mate you need new friends!! Those aren’t friends!

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"So I’ve been single and not had any intimacy for a long time due to a hate of what i see in the mirror! Due to bullying and constantly being told I’m fat & ugly even by friends!!

I would like to fuck a women while her bloke/hubby watches but think that will have to wait lol "

Absolutely nothing wrong with what you see in the mirror.

I prefer to meet guys who don't have a super buff, gym fit, 6 pack physique.

It's fantastic that you're using your pictures and videos to boost your confidence.

Ignore the bulls, stand closer to those who support you. Put space between those who don't.

Life on Fab is tough for single men, don't let that put you off, or make you think that there's something wrong with you.

Be kind to yourself.

E

Perhaps get past the sex chat and talk a little about your personality, that will get you a lot further.

Most people, men and women, have issues with what they see in the mirror. I know I do. I'm no Adonis, and while I've lost weight in recent years, I've got a bit of sag now in it's place. Ladies who seek out that tall athletic physique, perfect hair, and good looks will not give me a second glance.

But I am a decent person. I'm thoughtful, considerate, polite, kind... a gentleman in the old-school tradition. I can be charming, witty, I'm educated and can hold an intelligent conversation on most subjects. That's my calling card, and I've had interest on the strength of that alone.

Be yourself. Identify your own strengths. Reserve the sex-chat and overtly sexual content until it's requested. I'd change your profile a bit... be more positive... it's your brochure.

But the thing I'd change most of all is your circle of friends.

WestWorld

On the friends front Over the last couple years I’ve ditched all the friends and don’t ever go out!

I now only have the lads at golf and 2 old friends I see maybe once a month as they have families and spend all their time doing that.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Tackle things 1 step at a time. Pursue how to rebuild your confidence, which don't typically need sex. Counselling may be 1 approach. You might want to focus on other causes, potentially increasing your fitness levels - which won't in and of itself decrease body fat, unless there's a coordinated diet and exercise plan. Those tend to be longer term health management pursuits but getting healthier, potentially just losing the occasional kg may be a support. But, the issue is an internal aspect about you.

It's wise for all single men here to assure it's really hard to get sex on fab. More so because of the virus. If it isn't, it's a bonus and your expectations won't have led to disappointment.

Focus on those who are open to someone like you. No point in wasting time on those who don't.

Assuming you have a gew months to improve things for yourself, consider some realistic plans that could guide you forwards. Don't make fab your only sexual outlet - spread broader into the real world too.

Bloody delicious

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

I have a mum bod, well a rugby player mum bod, with a fat layer over lots of muscle, i do have the bonus of good boobs and legs, but be you at the end of the day, we like a dad bod, personality and charisma are more important.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

You are doing a disservice to women and your fellow men on here saying about the asshole type.

Concentrate on how you can fit into peoples needs when they match your own and you will do well.

It’s a great site and once you get the hang of it and build up a decent reputation then the fun begins.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Get new friends

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Clubs (when they reopen) will give you a better opportunity. "

Avoid clubs unless you are meeting someone there. If you have confidence issues clubs have the potential to make you feel even worse.

Trust me I know.

WestWorld

"I've no issue with you're body, but I would ask you the read your profile out loud. It's like selling houses, you don't highlight the problems to sell a place. Try and be more positive with your wording"

I’ve had a little go at updating my profile see what you think

By *attM73Man  over a year ago

Oldham

"I'm also struggling with confidence. It's brutal on here for single males. "
agreed it’s awful

By *irty desireWoman  over a year ago

newcatle

"I'm also struggling with confidence. It's brutal on here for single males. agreed it’s awful "

Is it confidence or shyness? Because if it was confidence then would you really join a swingers site??

"Clubs (when they reopen) will give you a better opportunity.

Avoid clubs unless you are meeting someone there. If you have confidence issues clubs have the potential to make you feel even worse.

Trust me I know. "

Fab is the worst place If you have confidence issues. Messaging 100 people and getting no where will, will make you worse.

Clubs are the best place to meet loads of different people and will do good for a person's confidence.

It's done good for mine. Its fab that knocks a guys confidence.

WestWorld

"I'm also struggling with confidence. It's brutal on here for single males. agreed it’s awful

Is it confidence or shyness? Because if it was confidence then would you really join a swingers site?? "

A bit of both but mostly confidence

For an example when I used to go clubbing I’d see a girl I liked, others would go try and pull her I look and basically judge n jury it as she ain’t Gona want someone like me. So not even bother n it’s been like that for years!!

I’m so crap a women has got to grab me n snog me for me to know I’ve got any chance

As for joining this site I’ve always been super horny and like seeing naked or semi clothed women plus I get off on watching and being watched

Strange init

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

Trust me I know.

Fab is the worst place If you have confidence issues. Messaging 100 people and getting no where will, will make you worse.

Clubs are the best place to meet loads of different people and will do good for a person's confidence.

It's done good for mine. Its fab that knocks a guys confidence. "

For men who (despite what may be argued) aren't well endowed and chiselled and young Fab can be brutal.

I don't agree that clubs can be much easier. You can spend an evening chatting and interacting with someone only to be turned down and then you see them with someone else.

Trust me I know.

For men who (despite what may be argued) aren't well endowed and chiselled and young Fab can be brutal.

I don't agree that clubs can be much easier. You can spend an evening chatting and interacting with someone only to be turned down and then you see them with someone else.

"

Clubs must be rubbish down south or people are more friendly up north.

I have only had 1 bad day at a club, and that's only because there was hardly anyone there. I have always got to talking to loads of people and apart from that one time have always had fun.

Clubs are much easier because you can actually get chatting to loads of people and that leads sex.

By *inky_katrinaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

When i look in the mirror in the morning i see a man, its like a recurring nightmare since i was a kid, hate myself and wish i had the confidence to change it, but alas i am doomed to only occasionally be who i want to be xx

dont let it get you down, everyone feels this way at least sometimes. Set small goals a work towards what you want to achieve x

Trust me I know.

It's done good for mine. Its fab that knocks a guys confidence. "

Have to agree with this regarding fab. Yes my profile isn't very good, and thankfully I'm a very self confident person both in my professional and personal life, but I can certainly see why messaging so many lovely ladies without a jot in return could crush a man's confidence. I'm also aware that women get inundated and likely have a load of messages to trawl through before they even get to mine. Which then makes me realise that the ration of men to women must be phenomenally high (and not in the men's favour!).

Cest la vie

Trust me I know.

Have to agree with this regarding fab. Yes my profile isn't very good, and thankfully I'm a very self confident person both in my professional and personal life, but I can certainly see why messaging so many lovely ladies without a jot in return could crush a man's confidence. I'm also aware that women get inundated and likely have a load of messages to trawl through before they even get to mine. Which then makes me realise that the ration of men to women must be phenomenally high (and not in the men's favour!).

Cest la vie"

Even so they check your messages then dont reply but dont delete. If your not going to reply then why dont they just delete the message?

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. "

but i am entitled to what i want....i am now in a wheelchair, with constant pain,ive had to chop all my hair off... but im still entitled to whatever it is that i want..and if that means keeping my head up my own ass, then so be it....you dont have to put other people (women)down to pick yourself up.its not kind and its not nice.maybe thats how you sabotage yourself.hmmm? want to swap places?no, i dont think so....shake off your shit and go have some fun, for you and for me (when allowed) xx

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

Trust me I know.

I have only had 1 bad day at a club, and that's only because there was hardly anyone there. I have always got to talking to loads of people and apart from that one time have always had fun.

Clubs are much easier because you can actually get chatting to loads of people and that leads sex. "

Massive generalisation there and the typical North/South stereotypical view.

Chatting leads to sex - correct that to chatting can sometimes lead to sex.

Maybe people in the North aren't as fussy as they are in the South.

Just go at your own pace

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

"

What would you do/suggest? "

Find some different friends for a start , if they tell you that you’re fat amd ugly , and make you feel insecure, they aren’t friends.

Amd please don’t turn into a whiny man like all those ^ or no will be interested, it’s a much bigger turn off than being a little overweight

WestWorld

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. but i am entitled to what i want....i am now in a wheelchair, with constant pain,ive had to chop all my hair off... but im still entitled to whatever it is that i want..and if that means keeping my head up my own ass, then so be it....you dont have to put other people (women)down to pick yourself up.its not kind and its not nice.maybe thats how you sabotage yourself.hmmm? want to swap places?no, i dont think so....shake off your shit and go have some fun, for you and for me (when allowed) xx"

I didnt mean it like that I mean people like Kim and Kanye or Gemma Collins

Very bad role models for youngsters or anyone!!

Sorry if you took affence

Trust me I know.

Clubs are much easier because you can actually get chatting to loads of people and that leads sex.

Maybe people in the North aren't as fussy as they are in the South."

People in the north are more friendly, it's a well known fact.

You go into a bar and people will chat to you. In the south definitely not the case. (Especially london) if you where having a heart attack in the middle of the street, in london people would just walk past.

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. but i am entitled to what i want....i am now in a wheelchair, with constant pain,ive had to chop all my hair off... but im still entitled to whatever it is that i want..and if that means keeping my head up my own ass, then so be it....you dont have to put other people (women)down to pick yourself up.its not kind and its not nice.maybe thats how you sabotage yourself.hmmm? want to swap places?no, i dont think so....shake off your shit and go have some fun, for you and for me (when allowed) xx

Sorry if you took affence "

my girls are just fine, they dont take any shit..they dont need role models. they were trained to believe in themselves. My sons had shit role models and they vowed never to be like them, and they are not...its a mind set..

WestWorld

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. but i am entitled to what i want....i am now in a wheelchair, with constant pain,ive had to chop all my hair off... but im still entitled to whatever it is that i want..and if that means keeping my head up my own ass, then so be it....you dont have to put other people (women)down to pick yourself up.its not kind and its not nice.maybe thats how you sabotage yourself.hmmm? want to swap places?no, i dont think so....shake off your shit and go have some fun, for you and for me (when allowed) xx

Sorry if you took affence my girls are just fine, they dont take any shit..they dont need role models. they were trained to believe in themselves. My sons had shit role models and they vowed never to be like them, and they are not...its a mind set.."

Not Gona win no matter what I say, as anything I say will be wrong I’m guessing!!

So will agree to dis-agree And leave it at that

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

Sorry if you took affence my girls are just fine, they dont take any shit..they dont need role models. they were trained to believe in themselves. My sons had shit role models and they vowed never to be like them, and they are not...its a mind set.."

I’m sure you are their role model

Everyone has role models whether it’s family, friends, celebrity, social media, even fab !

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

Trust me I know.

Maybe people in the North aren't as fussy as they are in the South.

People in the north are more friendly, it's a well known fact.

You go into a bar and people will chat to you. In the south definitely not the case. (Especially london) if you where having a heart attack in the middle of the street, in london people would just walk past.

"

Have you ever been to London?

Oh and this might go to dispel some of the petty regionalism you're spouting.

An audit by London Ambulance Service has found that members of the public gave life-saving cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to nearly 2,500 people in the capital.

London has one of the best cardiac arrest survival rates in the world.

Hugs Op...

My mother told me every pot has a lid.....

You just have to find yours......

I would suggest a trip To Ukraine or Thailand as a holiday destination.....

The women over there would make you feel like a king......

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

"I've no issue with you're body, but I would ask you the read your profile out loud. It's like selling houses, you don't highlight the problems to sell a place. Try and be more positive with your wording

I’ve had a little go at updating my profile see what you think "

I think you should sell your best self. Read it back as though it’s written by someone you find physically attractive, would it make you want them?

It reads very much like you’re looking for someone to hold your hand and lead you on a path through Fab. I’m not sure how attractive that is. In general, confidence and putting your best aspects forward is the best way to be successful here. Sometimes you have to fake it til you make it. I’d also review your pics. Select the ones you think are the most attractive.

If you have confidence issues you won't be able to perform well for a woman in front of her husband

By *TJxComboMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Get yourself in the gym mate it really helps

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Goodness just ignore people. Think of what you like about you and make the most of that.

Negative thoughts about yourself are just a waste of energy.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I don’t like Women that have arrogance and think they are entitled to what they want Just because they have the body etc, they need to pull their head out their ass. but i am entitled to what i want....i am now in a wheelchair, with constant pain,ive had to chop all my hair off... but im still entitled to whatever it is that i want..and if that means keeping my head up my own ass, then so be it....you dont have to put other people (women)down to pick yourself up.its not kind and its not nice.maybe thats how you sabotage yourself.hmmm? want to swap places?no, i dont think so....shake off your shit and go have some fun, for you and for me (when allowed) xx"

Good to see you back Suzy. Sorry to hear what you been through.

So no one's pointed out your profile name. That on its own would put me off I'm afraid. It's self deprecating.

Accept who you are, play to your strengths, be positive.

Not everyone wants gym fit. There's plenty of women that want a good chunk of man. But even on that basis you're still fighting for attention against thousands of other chunky men on fab. Its not the greatest place for raising self confidence, definately look at other avenues, hobby clubs, dating sites etc when covid allows.

» Add a new message to this topic