FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Storage heaters

Storage heaters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not a sexy subject so apologies in advance.

Anyone got a Creda storage heater who is familiar with how they work? I've just moved into a place with these and its doing all sorts of weird things. I don't have any manuals and Google hasn't helped.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We used to have storage heaters years ago which I realise isn't a big help but are you familiar with the basic principle?

"We used to have storage heaters years ago which I realise isn't a big help but are you familiar with the basic principle? "

They certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Yes I am familiar. Can't get through to manufacturer so thought I'd chance my arm on here

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

We had them once, I never understood them and, the place was cold. They seemed to come on at odd times. Sorry no help am I!

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"Not a sexy subject so apologies in advance.

Anyone got a Creda storage heater who is familiar with how they work? I've just moved into a place with these and its doing all sorts of weird things. I don't have any manuals and Google hasn't helped.

"

Whats the model? I can probably find you a PDF online

"We had them once, I never understood them and, the place was cold. They seemed to come on at odd times. Sorry no help am I! "

Yes thats half my problem

Whats the model? I can probably find you a PDF online "

Thank you, most kind. Its a TSR24ACW.

Its kicking out heat even though not switched on at the wall. I mean how the hell does that work

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Its kicking out heat even though not switched on at the wall. I mean how the hell does that work "

That's how they are meant to work, hence the name.

In some ways they are ideal for the lockdown climate if you are at home in the mornings and are happy to go to bed quite early.

Not so good for people who go out to work, though.

By *ealbritishblokeMan  over a year ago

Bilston

I do know them heaters nightmare to program I look after nursing home and have to sort at least 3 each day.

Happy to help out

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi I have a Sunflower Storage heater.I push the switch on at the wall before I go to bed at night.It starts at midnight.I set the heat dials ie 1-6.Always switch off in the morning.In the Autumn switch it on for one or two nights to make sure it works ie test runs.Any faults easier to get it repaired there and then than on a cold winter night.DO NOT COVER OR OBSTRUCT the surface of the heater

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We have storage heaters (Creda, I think) in the flat we let out (and originally we lived in). Some have fan options where they act as both storage heater and convector but most are just a pile of ceramic bricks inside a metal casing. The heat is stored in the bricks when the heater is charging (often on an Economy 7 tariff, so overnight) and then they release heat once the charging period stops. You can control the input and output via the knobs (on the top of ours). The knobs are under a flip up panel you can open with a coin.

My son is currently living in the flat with his friends, it's 1 double bedroom, 1 single and decent sized living room and kitchen together. They have one big storage heater on at one end of the flat and one in the living room and that's enough, but the flat is well insulated.

Make sure the timer for your electric system is set correctly so that they charge during economy 7 hours and not the more expensive times of the day.

"

Its kicking out heat even though not switched on at the wall. I mean how the hell does that work

In some ways they are ideal for the lockdown climate if you are at home in the mornings and are happy to go to bed quite early.

Not so good for people who go out to work, though."

You cant tell me a heater should be kicking out heat when the switches are OFF at the wall?!

"I do know them heaters nightmare to program I look after nursing home and have to sort at least 3 each day.

Happy to help out"

Hi, would you mind if I sent you a private message to discuss?

"Hi I have a Sunflower Storage heater.I push the switch on at the wall before I go to bed at night.It starts at midnight.I set the heat dials ie 1-6.Always switch off in the morning.In the Autumn switch it on for one or two nights to make sure it works ie test runs.Any faults easier to get it repaired there and then than on a cold winter night.DO NOT COVER OR OBSTRUCT the surface of the heater"

No timers anywhere hence the issues

By *estrianguyMan  over a year ago

chester

I’m heating engineer for what issues you having?

"We have storage heaters (Creda, I think) in the flat we let out (and originally we lived in). Some have fan options where they act as both storage heater and convector but most are just a pile of ceramic bricks inside a metal casing. The heat is stored in the bricks when the heater is charging (often on an Economy 7 tariff, so overnight) and then they release heat once the charging period stops. You can control the input and output via the knobs (on the top of ours). The knobs are under a flip up panel you can open with a coin.

My son is currently living in the flat with his friends, it's 1 double bedroom, 1 single and decent sized living room and kitchen together. They have one big storage heater on at one end of the flat and one in the living room and that's enough, but the flat is well insulated.

Make sure the timer for your electric system is set correctly so that they charge during economy 7 hours and not the more expensive times of the day."

I don't have any timers anywhere in the flat. I'm scratching my head here

I only have the knobs on the top of unit to control input and output but NO TIMERS?!

Two switches on the wall, unmarked.

"I’m heating engineer for what issues you having?"

Hi there. I have creda storage heater. I understand the input and output settings but there aren't any timers on the unit anywhere.

I only have two switches on the wall, if they are off they are still kicking out heat from the top of the unit.

How am I meant to use the bloody thing, I'm getting really frustrated with it

This thread is incredable!

North West

What's the hot water heating system?

"This thread is incredable!"

Thanks for that insightful comment

"What's the hot water heating system? "

One single unvented water heater. Again no timers so I just have it on permanently

Bexley

"there aren't any timers on the unit anywhere.

I only have two switches on the wall, if they are off they are still kicking out heat from the top of the unit.

How am I meant to use the bloody thing, I'm getting really frustrated with it "

I would have hoped that someone else more qualified could have answered you by now, nevertheless, here goes:

They often don't have timers because the timing is done at the meter or consumer unit.

If you turn off both switches the heater will eventually get cold. It has to have electricity to get hot. If it didn't everyone would buy them and get free heat!

One switch powers them with the off peak (allegedly cheaper)supply. That supply warms up bricks inside the heater which slowly release heat during the day.

Depending on the model, the other switch

is probably for running it at short notice as a convector heater using a separate element in the heater. Some systems also have an optional boost for the brick heating element at some point in the late afternoon.

Another thing you may encounter is a mechanical flap inside the unit which, when a knob is turned, lifts allowing more hot air to rise from the bricks.

I am not conversant with your particular model but I have had a number of storage heaters in houses where there is no gas supply. Usually such houses have a dual tariff meter. There are pros and cons and general they are make the most sense for people who stay at home during the day and go to bed early.

Hope that helps. Frank

YouTube it ... there's a vid for everything

The heat when its switched off is from the storage slab inside the heater ... if its not been switched on at all then its haunted!

I only have two switches on the

I would have hoped that someone else more qualified could have answered you by now, nevertheless, here goes:

They often don't have timers because the timing is done at the meter or consumer unit.

If you turn off both switches the heater will eventually get cold. It has to have electricity to get hot. If it didn't everyone would buy them and get free heat!

One switch powers them with the off peak (allegedly cheaper)supply. That supply warms up bricks inside the heater which slowly release heat during the day.

is probably for running it at short notice as a convector heater using a separate element in the heater. Some systems also have an optional boost for the brick heating element at some point in the late afternoon.

Another thing you may encounter is a mechanical flap inside the unit which, when a knob is turned, lifts allowing more hot air to rise from the bricks.

I am not conversant with your particular model but I have had a number of storage heaters in houses where there is no gas supply. Usually such houses have a dual tariff meter. There are pros and cons and general they are make the most sense for people who stay at home during the day and go to bed early.

Hope that helps. Frank"

OK so that makes sense however:

The two switches on the wall have been switched off since 9am and its still giving off heat. I've even got the input and output switches set to one as there isn't a zero setting.

So free heat?!!

North West

Hope that helps. Frank

The two switches on the wall have been switched off since 9am and its still giving off heat. I've even got the input and output switches set to one as there isn't a zero setting.

So free heat?!! "

No, just the bricks still had heat to release. If it's a big storage heater, that's perfectly possible.

By *ealbritishblokeMan  over a year ago

Bilston

The two switches are day use and economy Severn cheap night electric

Hope that helps. Frank

So free heat?!!

No, just the bricks still had heat to release. If it's a big storage heater, that's perfectly possible."

It is rather large. Who knew?!

Thanks for helping me x

Bexley

Further thoughts:

Using storage heaters can sometimes involve a bit of weather forecasting as you may not always want the house too hot.

I am guessing you want to turn them off for a reason. However, this is the time of year when they become useful as they tend to work out cheaper than running fan heaters etc. for the same length of time you would want to stay warm.

I don't dislike them. They beat water filled radiators if you are going to leave premises unattended for long periods in sub zero temperatures.

They can make the place feel a bit dry but where I currently have them in Jersey that is no bad thing because that part of the island gets horribly damp in winter.

With regard to covering them. I am safety conscious and having thought through the science, I sometimes put towels or linen on them to warm during their discharge cycle but wouldn't do that if I was going out and might not be back before the meter switched the supply back on. I would put both supply switches in the off position as a precaution.

Obviously they shouldn't be covered while heating up because apart from obvious risk, the thermostat in the heater will be fooled into thinking the bricks are hot enough and switch the power off.

On the subject of covering, I am now going to cover myself by telling you NOT to cover them if there is a label saying don't cover them. What I do is at my own discretion after thinking hard about the physics involved.

Frank

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Are they running in conjunction with an Economy 7 type tariff? They'd probably heat up the internal heat storage during the night, after midnight, then release the heat during the peak electricity charge period, such as day or evening.

North West

"

Thanks for helping me x"

Elsewhere on Fab this would be a hilarious statement

Just be careful switching them on and off. Once the bricks have released the heat, if the electricity is off, then it won't recharge and it'll take a while to recharge and you'll get cold. Best to work out a decent input/output combo and just leave it on. It can take a few days to find the right level. Like another poster says, a spot of weather forecasting can help.

Bexley

"

So free heat?!!

"

It will give out heat for a long time after down powering. That is the whole point of them.

You aren't really getting free heat. You have already paid for it while it was warming the bricks.

You might like to try the other switch to see if you get instant convected heat and then keep that off normally. You can only do that experiment easily while the storage bricks have cooled down.

If it were me, I would switch the switches on and off with a medium wave tranny radio nearby listening for the noise from the switching spark (which you might also hear by ear) if you do this during daytime, the night supply will be inactive back at the meter and no power will get to the brick part of the heater then.

North West

*AN hilarious statement?!

Hmmmm *heads for dictionary corner*

By *ushtakerMan  over a year ago

Preston

If you’ve bought the house contact previous owners if your renting contact landlord or agents??

Ask for usage details

By *isa2018Couple  over a year ago

East Northamptonshire

Storage heaters work by having bricks inside and a flap on top.

At night they are heated by cheap rate electricity on Economy 7. Your switches on the wall remain on but only become live when switched on automatically for those 7 hours.

The flap (output) is adjustable and allows you to release the stored heat in the bricks at other times of the day.

There are usually 2 dials on the heater, one controls how far open the flap is (output) and the other controls the heat (input) to the bricks at night.

At night you should make sure the flap is fully closed (output at minimum) so that heat is not released as the bricks are 'charged', otherwise heat is just released back out immediately whilst you are sleeping. You want that heat to be stored into the bricks, not released straight away.

When you want heat you then operate the dial that controls the heat output. If you open it fully then the heat will be released faster and the stored heat used up quicker. Once the stored heat is used up then there is no heat until the bricks are charged overnight again.

Think of it like a phone or electric car. You can only charge them once, for 7 hours, in a 12 hour period. You then use them as required over the other 15 hours, but if you hammer them then the power will run out quickly. You have to balance your use with the charge they hold. Once that charge is used you have to wait for that 7 hour charge period again.

The best way to use storage heaters in the winter is to have the input turned right up and switch always 'on' at the wall, so they will take heat into the bricks at ight. Close the output at bedtime and this will get you a full charge of heat overnight. Then use them sparingly when required by adjusting the output just like you would with a normal fire, just that you only have a limited amount of heat available in total. If you use all the heat you will have none left later in the evening. If you have spare heat at the end of the evening then you just close the flap and they will charge back up to full overnight. The insulation on these heaters is very good and they do not lose much heat if the flap is closed (output off). Think of it like charging your phone and then just leaving it sitting without using it, it will use minimal power and have charge there when you want it.

Bexley

You could also go and look at your meter and see if it is whizzing round with the switches in one position or other.

Hopefully you will get some data sheets, until then please remember I am relating my experiences and not in any way encouraging you to treat electricity without due caution or, indeed, other than in accordance with any relevant laws or insurance terms and conditions.

Frank

Bexley

"*AN hilarious statement?!

Hmmmm *heads for dictionary corner*"

Not totally sure about that, even with my pedant's hat on. I'd expect the H to be hard as in hilarity. I do, however have a friend who refers to his wife as 'ilary but that a London thing rather than a usage rule!!

"You could also go and look at your meter and see if it is whizzing round with the switches in one position or other.

Hopefully you will get some data sheets, until then please remember I am relating my experiences and not in any way encouraging you to treat electricity without due caution or, indeed, other than in accordance with any relevant laws or insurance terms and conditions.

Frank"

Someone has sent me a user manual so ill have a look at that. Don't worry I won't hold you liable if I go up in smoke lol. Thank you for helping

"

Thanks for helping me x

Elsewhere on Fab this would be a hilarious statement

Just be careful switching them on and off. Once the bricks have released the heat, if the electricity is off, then it won't recharge and it'll take a while to recharge and you'll get cold. Best to work out a decent input/output combo and just leave it on. It can take a few days to find the right level. Like another poster says, a spot of weather forecasting can help."

Someone has sent me a user manual so ill have a gander. Thank you for responding and giving me advice. Very helpful and now I have a better understanding of them

Bexley

Not totally sure about that, even with my pedant's hat on. I'd expect the H to be hard as in hilarity. I do, however have a friend who refers to his wife as 'ilary but that a London thing rather than a usage rule!!"

My solution would be to write 'An absolutely hilarious statement' or something similar.

Thank goodness for home heating stopping me getting lockdown hypothermia at the keyboard.

Frank

By *evoncream2017Couple  over a year ago

exeter

If you take one apart it’s full of brick slabs

The off peak heats it up the bricks during the night to release Heat during day

If you turn everything off it won’t heat up the bricks

I think the other switch is a fan heater that overrides everything but is more expensive

North West

Not totally sure about that, even with my pedant's hat on. I'd expect the H to be hard as in hilarity. I do, however have a friend who refers to his wife as 'ilary but that a London thing rather than a usage rule!!

My solution would be to write 'An absolutely hilarious statement' or something similar.

Thank goodness for home heating stopping me getting lockdown hypothermia at the keyboard.

Frank"

I've been reading all about it ever since. Looks like it's one of those "anything goes" situations in grammar. Who knew? Innit

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

https://www.credaheating.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets//Creda%20TSRE%20Instructions%20-%20Issue%202.pdf

By *lirtymr_mrsCouple  over a year ago

Stockton-on-Tees

Without repeating what others have said... Some tips from when I lived with night storage heaters:

There is more than 1 economy 7 tariff and you can phone your electricity supplier to switch between them. So rather than having all your 7 hours late at night you can have 1 of them in the early evening, which is useful for warmth when you need it.

All of the electricity you consume at night is at the lower economy 7 price, not just the electricity going to the heater. So consider setting the washing machine or sleeping during the day

For heaters with two switches.. the switch with the thicker cable and no fuse is the night switch, the thinner cable with a fused switch is the always on supply for fan or separate heating element.

A house that is correctly wired for night storage will have either two meters or 1 meter showing two separate counters. The nightime electricity will go through a separate bit of the consumer unit and be switched by the meter itself or a separate timer controlled by the electricity company. You only need to worry about timers if you are controlling something not wired into the switched supply (eg washing machine).

A house incorrectly wired might have night storage heaters that aren't on a switched day/night supply, or not have a meter with separate day/night readings. Night storage makes no sense if you aren't on a dual rate / economy 7 tariff. The dual rate tariff makes electricity at night a lot cheaper, and daytime electricity a bit more expensive, so financially it makes more sense to have the storage heater turned up too much than it does to turn it down and occasionally boost it with a fan heater.

You can get very fussy with setting the dials on a storage heater so they are "just so"... Or you can say "Fu*k it" and keep turning the input one up until it's high enough that the heater is always warm even late at night, and the output one to whatever keeps the room at the right temperature... Its more efficient if you turn the output one down when you are not in the house, but you can get almost same effect by shutting the door to the room the heater is in (if it's a small flat).

Unrelated note... You can now get variable rate electricity if you have a smart meter, the price changes every half hour based on real cost of electricity... So on a stormy night you get PAID to consume as much electricity as you can... Generally works best for people who have an electric car charging at night, or who don't cook their dinner between 4pm and 7pm... I have a £50 off referral code for anyone interested.

"Without repeating what others have said... Some tips from when I lived with night storage heaters:

There is more than 1 economy 7 tariff and you can phone your electricity supplier to switch between them. So rather than having all your 7 hours late at night you can have 1 of them in the early evening, which is useful for warmth when you need it.

All of the electricity you consume at night is at the lower economy 7 price, not just the electricity going to the heater. So consider setting the washing machine or sleeping during the day

For heaters with two switches.. the switch with the thicker cable and no fuse is the night switch, the thinner cable with a fused switch is the always on supply for fan or separate heating element.

A house that is correctly wired for night storage will have either two meters or 1 meter showing two separate counters. The nightime electricity will go through a separate bit of the consumer unit and be switched by the meter itself or a separate timer controlled by the electricity company. You only need to worry about timers if you are controlling something not wired into the switched supply (eg washing machine).

A house incorrectly wired might have night storage heaters that aren't on a switched day/night supply, or not have a meter with separate day/night readings. Night storage makes no sense if you aren't on a dual rate / economy 7 tariff. The dual rate tariff makes electricity at night a lot cheaper, and daytime electricity a bit more expensive, so financially it makes more sense to have the storage heater turned up too much than it does to turn it down and occasionally boost it with a fan heater.

You can get very fussy with setting the dials on a storage heater so they are "just so"... Or you can say "Fu*k it" and keep turning the input one up until it's high enough that the heater is always warm even late at night, and the output one to whatever keeps the room at the right temperature... Its more efficient if you turn the output one down when you are not in the house, but you can get almost same effect by shutting the door to the room the heater is in (if it's a small flat).

Unrelated note... You can now get variable rate electricity if you have a smart meter, the price changes every half hour based on real cost of electricity... So on a stormy night you get PAID to consume as much electricity as you can... Generally works best for people who have an electric car charging at night, or who don't cook their dinner between 4pm and 7pm... I have a £50 off referral code for anyone interested."

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Very informative. Wish I had gas central heating instead

By *itolderguy48Man  over a year ago

Newport

I used to have a flat with storage heaters,was economy 7, heats up between midnight and 7am, useless if you are out all day because that's when they are hot.

North West

"I used to have a flat with storage heaters,was economy 7, heats up between midnight and 7am, useless if you are out all day because that's when they are hot."

Not if you use the knobs right

Stockton-on-Tees

"Thank you for taking the time to reply. Very informative. Wish I had gas central heating instead "

I worked it out... If you are in a 1 or 2 bed flat night storage heaters on a suitable electricity tariff are better than gas heating... Storage heaters are almost indestructible, cheap to fix (not that mine ever broke) and don't need annual servicing or some kind of servicing and insurance plan. They last longer than a gas boiler and cost less to replace. For these reasons they are cheaper to run than gas. Also safer than burning gas in a glorified tin box.

Once you get into bigger or poorly insulated properties then the lower fuel price of gas overcomes the savings on servicing costs.

6 years with night storage heaters, zero failures... 10 years in two different gas heated houses we have had one carbon monoxide leak requiring repair, 1 boiler failure and replacement and replacement of 4 rusted leaking radiators. Total of 2 weeks without heating and hot water during winter.

North West

"Thank you for taking the time to reply. Very informative. Wish I had gas central heating instead

I worked it out... If you are in a 1 or 2 bed flat night storage heaters on a suitable electricity tariff are better than gas heating... Storage heaters are almost indestructible, cheap to fix (not that mine ever broke) and don't need annual servicing or some kind of servicing and insurance plan. They last longer than a gas boiler and cost less to replace. For these reasons they are cheaper to run than gas. Also safer than burning gas in a glorified tin box.

Once you get into bigger or poorly insulated properties then the lower fuel price of gas overcomes the savings on servicing costs.

6 years with night storage heaters, zero failures... 10 years in two different gas heated houses we have had one carbon monoxide leak requiring repair, 1 boiler failure and replacement and replacement of 4 rusted leaking radiators. Total of 2 weeks without heating and hot water during winter."

Our storage heaters in the flat are 16yrs old now and the only time I've had anyone out to fix things was to rectify an original installation issue (damned new build, at the time!) We have an annual electrical safety check but otherwise, that's it.

"If you’ve bought the house contact previous owners if your renting contact landlord or agents??

Ask for usage details "

Yes if you are renting it is the Landlord’s or Agents duty to show/explain how to use all the appliances and supply instruction books.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

Ripped mine out, hot during the day while I'm out, cold when I'm in

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Am an electrical engineer

Generaly don't switch them off

Set the input to middle to high

And out put middle to low.

The input heats up the bricks at night generally for about 7 hours

The.the heat slowly comes out during the day.

Make sure you have a 2 tariff meter as it should be cheaper when the heaters are getting hot.

But all in all they are inefficient. And the older they are the worse they get the blocks in side only last about 10 years and the insulation brakes down.

By *orks funMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

No timers means you probably have 2 consumer units and the second one which feeds the storage heaters only becomes live over night.

heat up over night to input setting.

release heat during day to output setting.

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"There is more than 1 economy 7 tariff and you can phone your electricity supplier to switch between them. So, rather than having all your 7 hours late at night, you can have 1 of them in the early evening, which is useful for warmth when you need it "

Wish I'd known that, while I was a student. Many years before the abbacus

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"

Have you tried the creda website, normally you can download the manual from their

https://www.tradesparky.com/heating-and-ventilation/space-heating/storage-heaters/creda-75772003-tsr24acw-storage-heater

I was able to get hold of the manufacturer who, along with yourselves, explained to me how to use them. Thank you all for replying and the private offers of coming to set them up for me!

Bexley

" Thank you all for replying and the private offers of coming to set them up for me! "

That explains why you got so much help!

Unfortunately I'm far too far away and in any case it would involve defying the covid rules!

Frank

By *yes146Man  over a year ago

London

Usually the left one is input, so

can turn it lower, the other is output so can leave in middle.

My recommendation- Switch it off and use plug in heaters.

My electric bill were enormous at start due this. So I opted to use mobile heaters and found it more economical.

"Usually the left one is input, so

can turn it lower, the other is output so can leave in middle.

My recommendation- Switch it off and use plug in heaters.

My electric bill were enormous at start due this. So I opted to use mobile heaters and found it more economical.

"

Currently using one storage heater which heats the whole flat on economy 7 tariff. If I were to use mobile oil filled heaters during the day I'm sure that would work out more expensive

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Its kicking out heat even though not switched on at the wall. I mean how the hell does that work "

That's the principle of storage heaters. It stores energy at economy7 rates (as was) over night when energy Companies used to sell energy cheaper. Then in the daytime releases that energy. With very little ckntrol. If you switch everything else off you can see if they are consuming any energy. Chances are they won't be.

North West

That's the principle of storage heaters. It stores energy at economy7 rates (as was) over night when energy Companies used to sell energy cheaper. Then in the daytime releases that energy. With very little ckntrol. If you switch everything else off you can see if they are consuming any energy. Chances are they won't be. "

It's not that they used to sell cheaper energy at the Economy 7 times. They still do. You just need to be sure you're on a dual rate meter and signed up for an Economy 7 tariff. My son's flat is on Economy 7 with SSE.

Stockton-on-Tees

"

Wish I'd known that, while I was a student. Many years before the abbacus"

Its a tariff especially for old people... But yah know, equality and all that! You just have to ask to change.

This was 12 years ago, but I presume nothing has changed since.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I know how thet work message me

North Yorkshire

I have the manuals too. Message ne

"I have the manuals too. Message ne"

Hiya, I'm sorted now, thank you though

North Yorkshire

"

You cant tell me a heater should be kicking out heat when the switches are OFF at the wall?!"

If the wall switch is off it should not heat up. If it does it is either a faulty wall switch or it has been tampered with.

Bexley

"

You cant tell me a heater should be kicking out heat when the switches are OFF at the wall?!.

If the wall switch is off it should not heat up. If it does it is either a faulty wall switch or it has been tampered with. "

Wake up at the back, there!

This was done and dusted long ago...

» Add a new message to this topic