FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > First contact - timing.

First contact - timing.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m curious as to how others approach first contact.

I spotted a new profile which sparked my interest but then thought, as a single woman, she would likely get inundated with messages so would mine get through? Does it smack of desperation to contact someone the moment they’ve joined?

If you leave it a few days, will they have already found what they’re looking for or blocked single guys to stop it? Some profiles seem to get verified immediately so some contact must happen.

I always try and be friendly and polite in messages but the ratio of men to women/couples is disproportionate so it’s always likely to be difficult.

Any sensible feedback is welcome and let’s hope we can beat this virus and start having some fun again!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

New people get hunted down mainly just because they are new and possibly do not know how fab works and when we first joined we had over 2,000 in six weeks so I’d maybe wink and message after a couple of weeks and wish you the best of luck.

T

2000! I knew people had a lot. Tells you all you need to know!

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

Give it a week or 2 and message. She's going to be inundated as a single woman anyway no matter how long you wait.

I have had replies from people so it’s not all bad.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think desperation is in the tone of a message rather than the timing.

We've never been inundated because we joined when we're above many people's age range and had filters tight from day one. As a general rule I'd say leave it a week or two, make sure your profiles match and carry on

By *8v3nCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

And don't be discouraged with lack of reply. Ratios are definitely not in your favour. Sometimes there are so many similar messages coming in that it would take a full time job to reply. Try to find an angle to catch an eye in what you are writing. Amount of dick pics claiming polite, caring and genuine people behind those is tremendous. Btw.. most of them are fake and just hunt for pics.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I'd say messaging new profiles is a predators trait.

Timing is everything! Don’t think I fall into that category.

Agreed. The earlier comment about 2000 messages explains it.

By *rs BxxWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

And most definitely don't send a pic of your cock, its always nice to see a face pic or 2, don't go overboard, 1 or 2 is enough.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"2000! I knew people had a lot. Tells you all you need to know!"

True though....but some get through. Whan Ilived in Malvern....previous profile I was lucky enough to meet a 29 yr old stunner a few times. One night she stayed over at mine and we were discussing this very subject. Even 9 months after she had joined! She deleted all messages and logged off as we went to bed about midnight. Logged on about 7.00 next morning....350+ messages....mostly one liners and majority from guys miles away. Makes you think....feel for some of the single ladies on here. Wonder how they wade through them all and understand why they do mass deletes.

Amazing! I’ve had replies to messages but not others. No need to throw the old toys out of the pram if people don’t. Fab is what it is I suppose.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think generally messaging a new profile puts you in bad company.

That being said, my FWB was in the first 50 messages I had when I joined. It is possible...

But for my first few thousand messages, I was dazed, confused, wtf is happening sort of thing

"I think generally messaging a new profile puts you in bad company.

That being said, my FWB was in the first 50 messages I had when I joined. It is possible...

But for my first few thousand messages, I was dazed, confused, wtf is happening sort of thing "

Glad you found someone! 1000’s! Jeez!

"And most definitely don't send a pic of your cock, its always nice to see a face pic or 2, don't go overboard, 1 or 2 is enough."

Ah! The old “send a dick pic to a random stranger” routine. Not recommended!

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"I'd say messaging new profiles is a predators trait.

"

Very harsh !!

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

When I first joined I logged out for nearly a year within the first week due to the crazy amount of messages! Didnt even have a pic or any blurb! Guys sit on the new joiners page and swamp newbies!

» Add a new message to this topic