FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > I see & Amp what does and ampersand mean

I see & Amp what does and ampersand mean

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

& short hand for and amp shorthand for ampersand the full name of and

So what do you take by and, and, and and ?'

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Often it's because of slight incompatibility of the word processing system you use yourself and the website or email system you are corresponding with. Often it seems to do with quotation marks. I've also noticed it happening with Mac v PC.

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

The developer has made a mistake and mixed XML encoding with plaintext decoding. It's better than the other way around, which tends to break stuff.

'&' is how '&' is stored in XML. Similarly, '"' is a quotation mark, '>' is the greater than sign etc.

So someone wrote '&', the software stored it as XML '&' and then the software displayed the '&' as is, rather than converting it back to '&'.

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

It even gets confusing here. I had to write '& a m p ; a m p ;' to get it to look right in preview, but it gets it wrong on the actual post.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The developer has made a mistake and mixed XML encoding with plaintext decoding. It's better than the other way around, which tends to break stuff.

'&' is how '&' is stored in XML. Similarly, '"' is a quotation mark, '>' is the greater than sign etc.

So someone wrote '&', the software stored it as XML '&' and then the software displayed the '&' as is, rather than converting it back to '&'."

this

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

"The developer has made a mistake and mixed XML encoding with plaintext decoding. It's better than the other way around, which tends to break stuff.

So someone wrote '&', the software stored it as XML '&' and then the software displayed the '&' as is, rather than converting it back to '&'."

Oh I love it when you talk dirty baby...! Lol

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

Thanks I think sounds a great way to start a war or some other minor missunding

» Add a new message to this topic