Leeds

Depends on the weather !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good footwear is critical.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

As long as there is a pub on the route ..

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I don't see why not. I suppose it would depend where, though. Meeting in woodland for a first might not be the correct thing to do! I did have a social meet on Southsea seafront several years ago, bought a coffee and walked along the front. That was a long time before the virus.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Don’t see why not as long as it is just a social

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think walks are great safer ways to start socials, with a few benefits. Firstly the whole group is naturally more fluid, rather than having rigid groups at tables, for example. It stops potentially people feeling somewhat trapped, hemmed-in, less able to escape unwanted attention, or able to reach others they'd like to make contact with.

They're potentially excluding in many ways some who have infirmity, or who may be sensitive of lower fitness levels than others. These can be somewhat overcome, by focusing on relaxed 'walks', that may be not too much more energetic than short strolls in open areas and can include people bringing their own hot drinks and refreshments etc.

Some may be deterred by indoor socials, in case they are recognised - some could prefer outdoors. They potentially include those who may have more limited finances, which is a great thing.

Organisation is key, to set the scene for others. Encouraging people to move between those they are with, helps to introduce as many as possible to others and reduces ideas of being snubbed or eccluded. There will be some who are more popular, so it's good to have ways to keep all inclused.

You can have games outdoors of course Great ways to get people getting along.

Exercise helps people to relax, if not too harsh for any, so it counters people who may naturally feel a little more socially awkward. Moving the body eases the mind.

Options for level of movement, distance etc are good, to keep it accessible, as does the type of location.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Is a walk a good social.

When lockdowns are lifted is a walk suggestion a good first social"

Yes, it is a good first social as long as it's somewhere public.

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

No, not for me. It’s inherently risky for a woman to go on a walk with a strange man, especially if you mean somewhere secluded.

"No, not for me. It’s inherently risky for a woman to go on a walk with a strange man, especially if you mean somewhere secluded."

Local public parks are safe enough places to meet people. There are always numerous members of the public around so you should feel safe enough. Just don't go anywhere secluded for your own safety.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

When the weather gets warmer and it’s allowed we’d happily have a socially distanced walk with fellow swingers. Vanilla people are ok, but a walk with swingers would be better

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

"No, not for me. It’s inherently risky for a woman to go on a walk with a strange man, especially if you mean somewhere secluded."
would prefer somewhere where others feel comfortable wouldn’t be a very nice sociable with someone feeling on edge

By *blasiansCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We enjoy walking and would be interested in couples or a small group walk when normality is resumed.

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Yes

I went for a run with a lovely guy from fab back when life was normal. It was great fun x

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I went on a couple of walking socials during first lockdown. It was good to get out and meet new people.

"Yes

I went for a run with a lovely guy from fab back when life was normal. It was great fun x"

I bet

» Add a new message to this topic