FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > etiquette

etiquette

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you met someone and you both messaged after and they replied to that message and then you sent another message but they had left that one unread for a good number of days but had been online, is this the norm on this site? Or should I take it as a hint?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

I would just take it that the conversation had fizzled out. As long as the messages had all been pleasant previously and they hadn’t given you any indication of not wanting to be contacted you could always try again but maybe try to think of something interesting that they could respond to. Good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you met someone and you both messaged after and they replied to that message and then you sent another message but they had left that one unread for a good number of days but had been online, is this the norm on this site? Or should I take it as a hint? "

I am confused you said I but you are a couple ?

"I would just take it that the conversation had fizzled out. As long as the messages had all been pleasant previously and they hadn’t given you any indication of not wanting to be contacted you could always try again but maybe try to think of something interesting that they could respond to. Good luck "

I think a bit of conversation after a meet is nice/polite so not really having that I don't get how to take it. Guess it's what I'm thinking though lol

"If you met someone and you both messaged after and they replied to that message and then you sent another message but they had left that one unread for a good number of days but had been online, is this the norm on this site? Or should I take it as a hint?

I am confused you said I but you are a couple ?"

I am in a couple but only I'm on this and met singly

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Is this hypothetical or a social meet?

"If you met someone and you both messaged after and they replied to that message and then you sent another message but they had left that one unread for a good number of days but had been online, is this the norm on this site? Or should I take it as a hint? "

I often leave computer on so it looks like I am online, just a bad habit if I am called away,..

"If you met someone and you both messaged after and they replied to that message and then you sent another message but they had left that one unread for a good number of days but had been online, is this the norm on this site? Or should I take it as a hint?

I often leave computer on so it looks like I am online, just a bad habit if I am called away,.. "

Yeah true

I would just leave it,you'll only look desperate and needy,just move on and if she gets back in touch then that's great,if not there's plenty more fish in the sea.

You have to remember that couples and females get ridiculous amounts of messages,so the person you messaged may have found something they like more.

I find if they really interested in you and you've connected,then a regular contact is always there.

"I would just leave it,you'll only look desperate and needy,just move on and if she gets back in touch then that's great,if not there's plenty more fish in the sea.

You have to remember that couples and females get ridiculous amounts of messages,so the person you messaged may have found something they like more.

I find if they really interested in you and you've connected,then a regular contact is always there."

I am a female haha

"I would just leave it,you'll only look desperate and needy,just move on and if she gets back in touch then that's great,if not there's plenty more fish in the sea.

I find if they really interested in you and you've connected,then a regular contact is always there.

I am a female haha "

Haha my bad,however same rule I guess.

I am a female haha

Haha my bad,however same rule I guess."

By *anTouchThisCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I wouldn't worry about it, they may reply yet. We (I) am terrible for it, we sometimes get messages from fab friends and sit on them for days until we circle back to it.

Initially thinking we'll look at it later when we're not doing something else, then later thinking we'll leave it until we can do a 'proper' reply... then before you know it three days have passed. Then we feel bad for leaving it so long. Part of it is because we both like to have input/approval on messages, part is that we just don't message much, we prefer to chat face to face.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I am a female haha

Haha my bad,however same rule I guess."

When a couple profile posts in the forums I find it helpful if they indicate if they are the male or female

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Depends who it is. I had a lady I messaged a a couloir of years ago. She got so many messages, she soon gave me her phone number because as a guy messaging her my message could get lost amongst all the rest.

Long story short she’s now a really good friend of mine.

By *tephenBunChowMan  over a year ago

Haywards heath/Waterlooville

I would say your message got lost amongst the other messages they get. Some lucky people's mail boxes get flooded 200-300 at a time and you have no chance of a reply when that happens. So then timing becomes a thing as well.

Have had many conversations like this, mostly communicate with on kik asap

» Add a new message to this topic