FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Anxieties and Depression

Anxieties and Depression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have really suffered during the last 15 months. In the middle of counselling at the moment but really struggling with movtivation, self appreciation.. Anyone else suffered?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I’ve found it a bit rough. I hadn’t realised quite how much.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't personally suffered, but make sure you reach out it's not weak to source help it's strong to reach out, if your on Insta follow ant Middleton or Tyson fury (I know strange roll models) but there insight in to mental health and more importantly treating mental health is inspiring, hope you find the help you need good luck mate.

Did fitness and gaming to counter low feelings, you are doing the right thing talking to someone. This won’t go on forever. Take this an oppourtunity to find out what you want out of life. Any goals you want to achieve after the pandemic.

The fog seems to be clearing slowly for me now I am back at work... Definitely lost my mojo, motivation and any love for myself, there, for a while. Hang in there, it will get better OP

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My workplace has installed aircon in the hope of me going back soon once all restrictions lifted.. Was a CEV person so really isolated hard!! Didnt go past end of my driveway for 2 months..

I am trying to get work to let me split and work from home 2 days at least. Feel trapped when indoors at places I have no control of who comes in..

Yes, I have struggled badly. Can't get any help or support either, not even an appointment with my GP.

By *omerset1976Man  over a year ago

Burnham

I have. Something like a break down august last year, still not myself now. Low confidence, lost my mojo, never felt like it before. Had some assistance from NHS, just someone to talk to.

Exercising more now, running, cycling, press-ups everyday, it does help, gets the blood flowing. Breathing really helps, deep breaths. Lots of helpful ideas online to move these feelings along.

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Hiya,

I’ve suffered in the past and was doing fairly well until Dec/Jan when we went into lockdown v2.0.

It’s really good to hear that you’ve already reached out for counselling and if you can I’d recommend letting those closest to you know as well. They may not be able to help but sometimes just knowing can mean people take that bit more effort to try and help.

Obviously everyone’s feelings are different going through this but hopefully your counsellor can help you identify your triggers and walk you through steps you can take to avoid them.

For me, it was simply a case of putting one step in front of the other each day, remembering to breath and to not try and control the things I couldn’t or plan for every eventuality and let things fall where they may (fear of the future and control issues were my triggers)

Above all else there is a way out of it and a brighter day will come so keep on talking and I wish you all the best x

Yes, I've really suffered. I feel like I don't know what happened to me. Had CBT, which makes logical sense, but it misses out dealing with emotions behind why we've felt this way. I was having a hard time, in the middle of moving when lockdown happened and relationship issues and one day I was fine and the next not. Starting to get there, but still in shock that I let things spiral so much. With time it's getting easier, but I still don't know what happened. You're not alone. Has made me feel like I'm not insane reading this x

There is no doubt that Covid had impacted on us all, add into that the fact there are some who are more venerable than others and have found it hard to cope

We all seek things that helps us unlock, whether some of those things are right or wrong, we go down a path in the blind hope we will survive

Help is out there in many forms and reaching out to ask for it is a good things, so I say to those suffering - don't suffer alone, just ask

I am fortunate (or not) to own a business that has not been effected by Covid and although it comes with its own pressures, it has provided me with a survival instinct - however it has never always been that way and over the years, I have has to reach out and seek counselling to get me through the tough times

I wish all that are suffering well and I sincerely hope you find solace at some stage that makes that break through for you and your own private sanity

J xx

Yes I suffer as do all my children which is shit on a stick as a father but when and if the shit hits the fan I just go to my go to place to calm my self down which is between and on my wife’s breasts which works well for me every time.

Tony

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

I've been struggling along for about 5 years now. I haven't got any help with it as there is still a sort of stigma imo despite the increased awareness.

For the anxiety the biggest thing that helped for me is not drinking alcohol. I used to binge on the weekend and be worrying about nothing in particular Sunday evening. Mrs has noticed an improvement in my mood too apparently.

Another useful tip is to realise that I can't change or work on what is causing the anxiety so don't worry about it (tend to worry in the evenings when I've time to think)

For motivation give the 5 second rule by Mel Robbins a look, there's a Ted talk on youtube about it. I've found it useful. Setting daily goals on a calendar has helped get things done especially routine things like waking up early, exercise etc.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Hey OP - you're definitely not alone, so hope you can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I know I've been luckier than some: work not affected etc, but have really found it hard too, especially motivation, and am really struggling to get myself started again. Definitely led to issues around body confidence etc (which I know won't get better while I'm not exercising, but vicious circle!!)...

By *iveralandssklpMan  over a year ago

Turkey

Yes it has been tough and yes I have cried

We are expats living in Turkey and my wife has been stranded in England since the beginning of December, she had gone to visit her family. Her flights keep getting cancelled

I never realised just how much I love her and how much pain being apart.

Fingers crossed, she has a flight booked for the 19th June. I am dreading this one getting cancelled

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"Yes it has been tough and yes I have cried

We are expats living in Turkey and my wife has been stranded in England since the beginning of December, she had gone to visit her family. Her flights keep getting cancelled

I never realised just how much I love her and how much pain being apart.

Fingers crossed, she has a flight booked for the 19th June. I am dreading this one getting cancelled

"

Fingers crossed for you.x

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Yes, I have struggled badly. Can't get any help or support either, not even an appointment with my GP. "

Look on line for CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) it's a great way to retrain your mind. It really does work.

"Yes, I have struggled badly. Can't get any help or support either, not even an appointment with my GP.

Look on line for CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) it's a great way to retrain your mind. It really does work. "

Unfortunately I tried applying to an online CBT place and they said they were unable to help me due to the severity of my mental health issues.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Yes, I have struggled badly. Can't get any help or support either, not even an appointment with my GP.

Look on line for CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) it's a great way to retrain your mind. It really does work.

Unfortunately I tried applying to an online CBT place and they said they were unable to help me due to the severity of my mental health issues. "

CBT is open to anyone who seeks out the books and literature that is available. I mentioned this for people who can't find professional help like yourself to start with self help. Even the library can help you find literature that is specific to you. Every little bit of advice can help. It's not a nice place to be and can be difficult getting the help you need or even take that first step for help. Some don't want to talk about it so CBT can be a good self help step

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I have been through it all over the past 20 years. I have found the pandemic a struggle but so too have most people for a lot of different reasons.

I don't like to advise others or preach as everyone is different. I just try to do thing that make me happy, a struggle the last year or so though and I make sure I have people to look out for me if I need them.

Keep going as it gets better.

Selenium is a good mood enhancer.

Not the answer, but stops lows becoming too low

You are all Brave ... youve opened up and have started to talk.. this is your biggest step. Each day will be a small step but a positive

Last year I too like most had a massive wobble.

But with thanks to the NSH my gfriends and family. Im 100% in a Great Place.

Just remember 1 day at a time

» Add a new message to this topic