FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Winking protocol

Winking protocol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So what is it?

As it's not on the first page we look at sometime we don't actually notice winks, but when we do what is the protocol?

We tend to look at the profile and if it's appealing we wink back, then often nothing happens.... are we supposed to message back?

What is the consensus of the forumites on winking protocol?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"What is the consensus of the forumites on winking protocol? "

They wink, I ignore it.

lol probably the right thing to do

"lol probably the right thing to do "

I will admit that if they are in my area and they are my type and I am in the mood I will message them, but 99.99% of the time they are 200 miles away and can't accommodate, so it seems pointless to do anythig about it.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

To be honest if they go out of their way to wink you then surely you are obliged to ride them silly ?

"To be honest if they go out of their way to wink you then surely you are obliged to ride them silly ? "

Hmmm 225 miles from us, so won't bother winking you, plus we just ran out of Tequila as well, so would be terrible hosts

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I just find its a quick way of saying i like someone's profile,but i will generally message them too,and take things from there,i know some people dont like winks,but they are there to be used so why not?

"To be honest if they go out of their way to wink you then surely you are obliged to ride them silly ? "

Nah, just send Colin round he can sort em out

"I just find its a quick way of saying i like someone's profile,but i will generally message them too,and take things from there,i know some people dont like winks,but they are there to be used so why not?"

Agreed, and actually no problem with them if we spot them... but the question is do you wink back or message back if interested?

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"I just find its a quick way of saying i like someone's profile,but i will generally message them too,and take things from there,i know some people dont like winks,but they are there to be used so why not?

Agreed, and actually no problem with them if we spot them... but the question is do you wink back or message back if interested?"

As Wyrd said, it really depends on my mood. Sometimes, if I like the look of the winker, then I will send a quick "thanks for the wink" f im not in a chatty mood I'll wink back. And if Im in a grump (like now lol) I just bulk delete

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I just find its a quick way of saying i like someone's profile,but i will generally message them too,and take things from there,i know some people dont like winks,but they are there to be used so why not?

Agreed, and actually no problem with them if we spot them... but the question is do you wink back or message back if interested?

As Wyrd said, it really depends on my mood. Sometimes, if I like the look of the winker, then I will send a quick "thanks for the wink" f im not in a chatty mood I'll wink back. And if Im in a grump (like now lol) I just bulk delete "

I've been saying this all along. Whether it's a wink or message, it really comes down to how that person is feeling at the time.

An eye for an eye i think - a quick wink, if it's a maybe, is worth a wink back. Its down to the initiator then to take it further if its a match.

I usually message back a "thanks for the wink..." message and see how it leads on from there.

By *illycarrolCouple  over a year ago

n/cle on tyne

just had a wink thinking about it winks are good

We just winks but unfortunately they get a message saying 'thanks for the wink but you obviously havent read our profile as we arent what your looking for!'

"What is the consensus of the forumites on winking protocol?

They wink, I ignore it. "

Everyone ignores them it's a bit rude realy

They wink, I ignore it.

Everyone ignores them it's a bit rude realy "

So is messaging me without reading my profile, but you won't find me moaning about it on here (much).

They wink, I ignore it.

Everyone ignores them it's a bit rude realy

So is messaging me without reading my profile, but you won't find me moaning about it on here (much)."

i use winks as an icebreaker, but if we have things in common then ill message you

Of someone winks We have a look at their profile and if interested usually wink back snd leave it to them to message us. We figure if wink good enough for us it's good enough for them and let's them know we looked and liked too

ill send a wink to a profile that i find attractive, but maybe feel im not what their looking for. that way i can show an interest and leave it to them. it saves me getting depressed sending an email out to someone i think may not reply.

i always reply to a wink to say thanks

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

I ignore my winks now. I started to notice I was getting winks from the same people every couple hours as if to say "I keep winking you so message me" so now I dont even bother checking them

By *TUNNAWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

winks means nothing to me

We state on our profile that if you wink us... then we wink back.. then that means we are interested... we then leave it to them to message us or not.. maybe its wrong, maybe its right.. but its our way

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"winks means nothing to me "

Oh Vienna

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"lol probably the right thing to do

I will admit that if they are in my area and they are my type and I am in the mood I will message them, but 99.99% of the time they are 200 miles away and can't accommodate, so it seems pointless to do anythig about it."

sent you a wink as i must be way over 200 miles

By *rank_SimoneCouple  over a year ago

Bideford

We wink to say we like your profile, if we get one back then we will drop them a mail.

Some like winks some don't, its a lazy way of saying we like what we see, but easier than writing a lovely mail only to get no reply.

Each to their own we say, and whatever works for you carry on doing it.

"I ignore my winks now. I started to notice I was getting winks from the same people every couple hours as if to say "I keep winking you so message me" so now I dont even bother checking them"

Think I sent you a wink

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I ignore my winks now. I started to notice I was getting winks from the same people every couple hours as if to say "I keep winking you so message me" so now I dont even bother checking them

Think I sent you a wink "

I'll never know I just delete them now lol

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"winks means nothing to me

Oh Vienna "

We see what you did there...

I will admit that if they are in my area and they are my type and I am in the mood I will message them, but 99.99% of the time they are 200 miles away and can't accommodate, so it seems pointless to do anythig about it."

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"So what is it?

As it's not on the first page we look at sometime we don't actually notice winks, but when we do what is the protocol?

We tend to look at the profile and if it's appealing we wink back, then often nothing happens.... are we supposed to message back?

"

Firstly..have you though about setting the 'my account page' as your home page when you log in from a shortcut?..then you will spot them..

Good question though, we have always wondered what the score is. On the rare occasion we do get a wink we check their profile, and normally wink back but always send a brief 'thanks for the wink' message.

The reason we dont always wink back is because we have had winks from 'the beautiful people', hardened swingers or couples who's profile requirements dont match us like age, or non smokers etc..and think to ourselves 'why are you bothering winking us??'

But we still send a message thanking them.

"I ignore my winks now. I started to notice I was getting winks from the same people every couple hours as if to say "I keep winking you so message me" so now I dont even bother checking them"

The same people can't wink you every couple of hours. If you wink someone you can't send another for (I think) 30 days

if they wink i block.

Not worth the mouseclick to be honest - prefer to pen a message.

Wolf

"Not worth the mouseclick to be honest - prefer to pen a message.

Wolf

"

If someone is that interested they will mail. I just think winks are a bit lazy really. Sometimes I'll have a look at their profile but most times I don't bother.

By *rSteve6Man  over a year ago

Bolton and Pattaya,Thailand

I send winks to people after reading their profile to confirm that I'm interested in them but only if I match what they're looking for. I usually follow a wink with a message and will always reply to winks from couples/single females.

However,what is the point of guys sending me a wink when my profile shows straight and looking for couples/single fems?????

They wink, I ignore it. "

i do unless from my hotlist friends list or people i speak to x

I guess you was not in the mood or I was not your type then lol

whats a wink? infact whats a message, do people actually get them on here? lol

I will admit that if they are in my area and they are my type and I am in the mood I will message them, but 99.99% of the time they are 200 miles away and can't accommodate, so it seems pointless to do anythig about it.

I guess you was not in the mood or I was not your type then lol"

And you're not in my area. 3 for 3 I am afraid.

I dont wink, if i want to speak to the person then thats what i do, better than pussyfootin around

Seems like nobody has a definitive protocol, the suggestion to make the account page the default when logging is is good, except I am a forum junkie so that will generally be my default, I visit the club reviews, then maybe home to see friends status updates etc. only after I have caught up with the forums, and if none of that distracts me then I may click on my account...

I am convinced from this thread that chaos theory is the correct method of handling winks, so in that light we will stumble across them when a butterfly flaps it's wing in the right moment, and the action taken if there are any winks will be determined by the camel fart density in Inner Mongolia (I know.... but if there is an outer then there must be....)

Thanks for all the input.

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

Winks are like a flirty smile fabstyle

I delete if obvious not read our profile but wink(smile)back if they/he from our area + look+sound nice

I guess you was not in the mood or I was not your type then lol

And you're not in my area. 3 for 3 I am afraid."

i am only in hull but fair enough.

By *oonytoonMan  over a year ago

derby

I use the wink facility quite a lot as I don't get a lot of time and when I first joined fab I spent time reading profiles tailor making messages based on what I'd read and very little response as most single men do so found myself spending more time on here than I should

So now I read a profile and if i like what I see and feel I meet most if not all of what there looking for I wink which for me basically means I feel we may be compatible and am inviting them to read my profile to see if they agree a message back is nice but a wink back is enough to tell me you like what you see and would like to know more in which case ill take the time to write a message and see where it leads, a bit like smiling at someone across the bar in a pub if they smile back you go and start a conversation with them if they don't there clearly not interested

We think winking is a great way to test the water and have a little flirt.If we wink and then the couple returns the wink which suggests they like our profile we then always send a message with facepics,so if its us retuning the wink we would like to think the couple that winked us would send us a message with facepics

protocol:

receive wink

ignore and block as they are evidently too fucking lazy to write an email.

sorted.

» Add a new message to this topic