FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Timewasters.

Timewasters.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nterprizeABC OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberystwyth

Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Can't say I do may be it's like the new prank calling or something.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common."
..They are not the time waster,you are.

They have achieved their goal,to waste your time.

By *nterprizeABC OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberystwyth

I guess some people are just that petty.

"I guess some people are just that petty. "

Narcissistic folk are prevalent.

By *ampshire555Man  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Maybe they arrange it in the heat of the moment or only when they're typing one-handed Then in the cold light of day they're not feeling it anymore or just bottle it?

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

This is why we now restrict all play to the clubs (once they re-open)

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

stockport

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common."

Even more frustrating when you’ve already met them before and then booked a hotel room….. I honestly will never understand people. Even if something came up, doesn’t hurt to message! Hate that people have no respect and think their time is more important than everyone else’s!

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Op they have achieved there goal… don’t let it worry you keep trying

Don't forget, it's against fab rules to arrange to meet then not show up or cancel, report them to admin

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Don't forget, it's against fab rules to arrange to meet then not show up or cancel, report them to admin "

and what happens then ?

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

They get off on the anticipation of the meet, then bottle out just beforehand. They're too frightened to let you know they are cancelling in case you make them cry.

For these people....that's probably as far as they need to go to get their minor kicks. Or perhaps their partner cannot be persuaded - something to agree before arranging dates !

Club meets are the way to go

Good luck.

"I guess some people are just that petty.

Narcissistic folk are prevalent."

How did we get from those that don't turn up to narcissists?

"Don't forget, it's against fab rules to arrange to meet then not show up or cancel, report them to admin

and what happens then ? "

Admin will warn them and remind them of the rules or susoend or cancel repeat offenders apparently

Seems like an ego trip to me. A beautiful build up followed by a oh I forgot or can't make it ??

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Nerves mostly

Alot like the idea,but when it comes down to it,no bottle,vet more carefully

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I'd prefer it if people got cold feet they just message me so I can make other plans. I'm a shift worker so only get one day off a week and don't really want to waste it being messed about, others may have arranged a baby sitter etc

"Maybe they arrange it in the heat of the moment or only when they're typing one-handed Then in the cold light of day they're not feeling it anymore or just bottle it?"

this

Happened to me last weekend. Close to the time, no show, either I was blocked or admin dealt with it.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

"Don't forget, it's against fab rules to arrange to meet then not show up or cancel, report them to admin

and what happens then ? "

Nothing !!

By *niper oneMan  over a year ago

DERBY/Notts border

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common...They are not the time waster,you are.

They have achieved their goal,to waste your time."

Dickhead comment.

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common...They are not the time waster,you are.

They have achieved their goal,to waste your time.Dickhead comment."

How is that a dickhead comment??

There are timewasters who deliberately set out to waste others time.thats their goal.they never have any intention of meeting,just to mess others about,we have all come across them,both on here and other sites.Im guessing perhaps you are one of them with your dickhead comment.

Quite a few probably get cold feet. It would be awful if we expected people to have sex when they have realised they don't want to.

Yes it would be better if they said as much but it is part of "the scene" that such things happen.

At the end of the day nobody has to have sex with anyone, even if they have arranged to meet and do so

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

For many the fantasy is much better than the reality.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

You were probably back up or second choice or life gets in the way and the other people don't want to get into an argument with you so don't show up or they could be total pricks.

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

No idea, but it's the main reason me and my friend have stopped arranging dates with other couples. We will play at a club, spa, but we've given up on meeting for private dates.

"Quite a few probably get cold feet. It would be awful if we expected people to have sex when they have realised they don't want to.

Yes it would be better if they said as much but it is part of "the scene" that such things happen.

At the end of the day nobody has to have sex with anyone, even if they have arranged to meet and do so "

I don't think we should accept this inhumane behaviour as part of 'the scene' NO NO NO! Nobody is saying that anyone is obliged to have sex on the meet but arranging to meet and not showing up without having the decency to let you know is UNACCEPTABLE!

Report these people to fab, it's against fab rules to do this.

Rules aside, this is not how we should be treating each other as people in ANY context, it's basic common curtesy.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I think many are just on here for w*nk material

They get off on the idea of a meet but don't have the balls to show up & do the deed

They get cold feet? Also once they wank then they go back to their senses…

I find them to be annoying and rather have someone say “I’m only here to fantasise” rather than pretend

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

It's a hobby for some ...like trolls on the internet...and its blokes single ladies and couples that do this ....

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common.

Nerves mostly "

I'd agree with this too, I have agreed to meet someone twice and called it off not to waste his time but because I can't understand what he sees in me and nerves get a hold and I cancel, I want to meet him but just can't seem to get over those inadequate feelings, he has never said anything to make me feel that way, quite the opposite but I just can't grrrrr

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Out of sheer interest, does anyone know why timewasters book a meet and then don't show up? It seems weirdly common.

Nerves mostly

I'd agree with this too, I have agreed to meet someone twice and called it off not to waste his time but because I can't understand what he sees in me and nerves get a hold and I cancel, I want to meet him but just can't seem to get over those inadequate feelings, he has never said anything to make me feel that way, quite the opposite but I just can't grrrrr"

Your pictures look beautiful, little wonder he wants to meet you

Never let the same person waste your time twice,.....

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It is how they get their kicks why are you on here? You are on here to meet people they are on here for the thrill of getting people to believe they are somebody they are not and it is an ego trip knowing they can convince people to meet them.

Nerves mostly

I'd agree with this too, I have agreed to meet someone twice and called it off not to waste his time but because I can't understand what he sees in me and nerves get a hold and I cancel, I want to meet him but just can't seem to get over those inadequate feelings, he has never said anything to make me feel that way, quite the opposite but I just can't grrrrr

Your pictures look beautiful, little wonder he wants to meet you"

Thank you

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

You can tell when it’s a genuine cancellation. That happened to me last week. She offered an alternative night and gave me her phone number. We did meet two nights later.

There are lots of “couples” profiles on here who haven’t had a veri in years. I suspect they are no longer a couple.

Even more frustrating when you’ve already met them before and then booked a hotel room….. I honestly will never understand people. Even if something came up, doesn’t hurt to message! Hate that people have no respect and think their time is more important than everyone else’s! "

Ghosting is becoming very prevalent on Fab now. Meeting up and everything fine then after a couple of meets they just stop contacting. Such bad manners.

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"Never let the same person waste your time twice,..... "

Just made that mistake! Exactly the same, arranged the time. They said they'd left and then nothing. Very weird behaviour.

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"Don't forget, it's against fab rules to arrange to meet then not show up or cancel, report them to admin "

Do u think admin can see the emails to see things ave been arranged and the meet agreed? For example exchange of address and the meet details? Or when challenged the offenders non reply or 'ghosting'?

» Add a new message to this topic