FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Tattoos and the whole "Alt" look

Tattoos and the whole "Alt" look

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are People's opinions on tattoos and the alternative look? That goes for women and men old and young? Some people get turned off by it and some go crazy for it . Would love to have a discussion about it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hyguy 43Man  over a year ago

Swansea

Well ive got eight large one and i bloody love them

By *hyguy 43Man  over a year ago

Swansea

"Well ive got eight large one and i bloody love them "

Oops ment to say ones lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't meet people because they have or haven't got them, of all the tattoos and peircings i have one 1 is on show and can be removed so you wouldn't notice....some people turn us down because i have them, each to there own but i wouldn't meet someone because they'd labelled me 'alt' if they want a suicide girl they need to look elsewhere. The whole 'looking to meet Inked women' doesn't appeal to me.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

It's not really an 'alt' look anymore...we were out with a few couples last week and I was the only one without a tattoo. Does that make me the new 'alt' ?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Love Tats and piercings on ladies, hate the idea of having either done to me.... I am a whimp.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

[Removed by poster at 29/08/12 16:50:56]

Have 15 ranging from DILLIGAF to autographs l want some more too love the pain of having one done

I have 2 biggish tats and off to get 2 more at weekend I think tattoos are very sexy x

Cheshire and London

"Love Tats and piercings on ladies, hate the idea of having either done to me.... I am a whimp.

"

WHAT! a biker without tattoos, get a grip man

Cheshire and London

Love tats

Just been for some more ink today..that's one arm nearly full.... now what for the other side!

C(male half)

By *ookworm258Man  over a year ago

Wythenshawe

I would class myself as heavily tattooed but i dont class myself as alt. Its my choice to have them same as its other people's choice whom they meet

"I don't meet people because they have or haven't got them, of all the tattoos and peircings i have one 1 is on show and can be removed so you wouldn't notice....some people turn us down because i have them, each to there own but i wouldn't meet someone because they'd labelled me 'alt' if they want a suicide girl they need to look elsewhere. The whole 'looking to meet Inked women' doesn't appeal to me."

thats crazy that some people dont meet just cus someone has tattoos. alt is a loose term i guess. from the mainstream view point though i guess tattoos are alt, and i dont just mean a little star on your wrist i mean like big tattoos sleeve etc. i think mine put people off abit because to the untrained simplistic eyes of most i can be labeled as rough or scruffy!

i tell you what when people with tattoos dress smart and in suits it looks great (or so ive been told ) :D

By *andWnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Well I guess being a couple of old Goth we could be classed as Alt, will say living up here the look is not what most people go for, let me rephrase that, Her goth look seems to go down well, mine however less so

By *andWnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Of course that could just be I'm a munter

I have a thing for gothic girls (emo girls), I find them so attractive, the wife says I am mad but give me Amy lee (from evanescence) over j-lo anyday

By *xTitsAndTattsxxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Well ive got 12 n plannin a few more including a half sleeve....sum guys luv my tatts but ive also been turned down 4 havin them......

My profile gives a pretty clear opinion on where I stand as I clearly state on my profile about my look.

Seems to put a lot of people off though, but oh well, I'm not gonna change for anyone. If they feel emasculated then they wouldn't be able to handle me anyway

"Well ive got 12 n plannin a few more including a half sleeve....sum guys luv my tatts but ive also been turned down 4 havin them...... "

thats crazy. as long as theyre not like "HAIL HITLER" tattoos or ones of bad taste i dont see why people refuse to meet people because of it

"My profile gives a pretty clear opinion on where I stand as I clearly state on my profile about my look.

Seems to put a lot of people off though, but oh well, I'm not gonna change for anyone. If they feel emasculated then they wouldn't be able to handle me anyway"

you shouldnt have to change. youre beautiful. i think tattoos add character and depth :D

I dont like mine. It seemed a good idea when tipsy on thi whisky on hol in thialand. Got my name I thi on my back.

I suppose it's the same for any 'addon' some people like glasses, fake boobs and people with 4 toes...others not so much, i've been told i'm 'a mess' because i've degraded my body in the lowest form and must have serious issues with my body to want to cover it all in ink....Meh! i neither care nor want anyone elses opinion on my tattoo's i have them because i like them...some people like pain, i like tattoo's, those that don't simply don't contact me , although the 'your cute but i'm not keen on tats' always make me smile...bend over a let me put my bull whip to work, you'll soon regret passing judgement

"I suppose it's the same for any 'addon' some people like glasses, fake boobs and people with 4 toes...others not so much, i've been told i'm 'a mess' because i've degraded my body in the lowest form and must have serious issues with my body to want to cover it all in ink....Meh! i neither care nor want anyone elses opinion on my tattoo's i have them because i like them...some people like pain, i like tattoo's, those that don't simply don't contact me , although the 'your cute but i'm not keen on tats' always make me smile...bend over a let me put my bull whip to work, you'll soon regret passing judgement "

haha tattoos hurt so much as well. not for the faint hearted. i think a bull whip is small potatoes compared lol

I am not a great fan tbh bu think you look amazing hunni. If i was 20 years younger n more funky who knows wahaha! Keep keeping on. I adore your tasteful pics btw tats or not mmmmmmm ! Xxx
"I suppose it's the same for any 'addon' some people like glasses, fake boobs and people with 4 toes...others not so much, i've been told i'm 'a mess' because i've degraded my body in the lowest form and must have serious issues with my body to want to cover it all in ink....Meh! i neither care nor want anyone elses opinion on my tattoo's i have them because i like them...some people like pain, i like tattoo's, those that don't simply don't contact me , although the 'your cute but i'm not keen on tats' always make me smile...bend over a let me put my bull whip to work, you'll soon regret passing judgement "

I nearly fell asleep having my back done :/ it's a pain i'm comfortable with and if the tattooist's were a little cuter i may enjoy them more.

"I nearly fell asleep having my back done :/ it's a pain i'm comfortable with and if the tattooist's were a little cuter i may enjoy them more."

Mmmm??? I know a few tattoists...party hehe??!! Seriously you are a classy, stunning lady, be you and as i say FTS (fuck the system) haha xx

i love long haired, tattooed guys, send they my way if anyone dont want them

Latest fb covered...sexy? Hell yeah! Just not for me hehe! X

"i love long haired, tattooed guys, send they my way if anyone dont want them "

wish id never had my hair cut now !

Love a girly girl with a tattoo' s or a very classy women so bloody horny have 5 myself and going to LA for a portrait by Kat von dee in November hope she falls in live with me

"I nearly fell asleep having my back done :/ it's a pain i'm comfortable with and if the tattooist's were a little cuter i may enjoy them more."

HOW lol. every tattoo ive ever had was horrible, might just be cus i have all trad stuff and you need to use thick liners for that and block solid colour (which kills). all my best mates are tattoo artists and im hoping to become one myself soon x

"Love a girly girl with a tattoo' s or a very classy women so bloody horny have 5 myself and going to LA for a portrait by Kat von dee in November hope she falls in live with me "

kat von dee will be over priced. can give you a list as long as your arm of tattoo artists local to the uk that can do what she does or better

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I LOVE suicide girls and guys with tattoos , oh and women with the whole 1950s pin up look. Mmmmmmmm

"i love long haired, tattooed guys, send they my way if anyone dont want them

"

short hairs fine too

short hairs fine too "

hahaha good to hear! think im below your age allowance though. shame

Chicks that rock ink are the hottest

I love it

I had my back done ye it hurt big time but am strong lol

Wots a good tatoo for a cover up between my shoulders. ?

i like it on some and hate it on others.. depends on the "alt look" itself... i dislike the skinny jeans tight tee, cheap nasty tats with no soul behind them just got them because some guy from a band has them look. but i like tattoos that have a meaning to someone, i like an alt look that suits the person its on not the fashion at the time, and skinny jeans should be reserved for slim/average women with fantastic arses IMHO

i like it on some and hate it on others.. depends on the "alt look" itself... i dislike the skinny jeans tight tee, cheap nasty tats with no soul behind them just got them because some guy from a band has them look. but i like tattoos that have a meaning to someone, i like an alt look that suits the person its on not the fashion at the time, and skinny jeans should be reserved for slim/average women with fantastic arses IMHO

I'm a tattooist, been at it longer than I care to remember ! I'm always getting asked on here for tattoos lol, I don't believe anyone has the right to judge someone else just because they choose to be a walking piece of art !!!!

"i like it on some and hate it on others.. depends on the "alt look" itself... i dislike the skinny jeans tight tee, cheap nasty tats with no soul behind them just got them because some guy from a band has them look. but i like tattoos that have a meaning to someone, i like an alt look that suits the person its on not the fashion at the time, and skinny jeans should be reserved for slim/average women with fantastic arses IMHO"

only one or two of mine mean something. most of them are just ones i really liked

Them holes in the ears work well for bondage

Wolf

ive just had my 6th tattoo last week and i love my tattoos they are me and if people dont like them, they havent got to meet me

"ive just had my 6th tattoo last week and i love my tattoos they are me and if people dont like them, they havent got to meet me"

what tattoos you got then? like what style. rachel baldwin is my fav tattoo artist from brum x

"What are People's opinions on tattoos and the alternative look? That goes for women and men old and young? Some people get turned off by it and some go crazy for it . Would love to have a discussion about it "

Our look isn't overly extreme, but ink and piercings certainly feature. Factor in a quiff and a dress sense that isn't exactly conservative then we arguably do the alt look.

We do like it in others but it is in no way a requirement. We accept that our look doesn't appeal to everyone but certainly don't feel that it hinders us either.

"What are People's opinions on tattoos and the alternative look? That goes for women and men old and young? Some people get turned off by it and some go crazy for it . Would love to have a discussion about it

Our look isn't overly extreme, but ink and piercings certainly feature. Factor in a quiff and a dress sense that isn't exactly conservative then we arguably do the alt look.

We do like it in others but it is in no way a requirement. We accept that our look doesn't appeal to everyone but certainly don't feel that it hinders us either."

hit the nail on the head :D

"ive just had my 6th tattoo last week and i love my tattoos they are me and if people dont like them, they havent got to meet me

what tattoos you got then? like what style. rachel baldwin is my fav tattoo artist from brum x"

i had a mad hatter on my shoulder done its a pretty big piece

I personally love it. I have a couple of tattoos myself but I'm not heavily inked. But I love girls with tattoos and piercings. I love the whole suicide girl look I don't think there is nothing to like about it.

We've just today had someone refuse to meet us, that in itself is fine and anyone expecting to be everyone's cup of tea is in the wrong place however... The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm more concerned with the fact this single guy had any reason to need to focus on his ear when he was invited for sex.... If someone found his appearance off putting I understand but to be put off by a 8mm hole in someone's ear for me is a little extreme.

"

i quite like it how u have it

"We've just today had someone refuse to meet us, that in itself is fine and anyone expecting to be everyone's cup of tea is in the wrong place however... The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm more concerned with the fact this single guy had any reason to need to focus on his ear when he was invited for sex.... If someone found his appearance off putting I understand but to be put off by a 8mm hole in someone's ear for me is a little extreme."

LOL what a stupid reason

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

We either fancy some one or we don't. Simple as that. we both have tattoo's & piercings. We haven't yet come across any issues because of them. I (female half talking btw) love tattoos piercings etc, nothing wrong in creativity

"We've just today had someone refuse to meet us, that in itself is fine and anyone expecting to be everyone's cup of tea is in the wrong place however... The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm more concerned with the fact this single guy had any reason to need to focus on his ear when he was invited for sex.... If someone found his appearance off putting I understand but to be put off by a 8mm hole in someone's ear for me is a little extreme.

LOL what a stupid reason "

Id of been less offended if hed of told me I look like the back of a bus and he couldn't kiss me even if I wore 3 black bags and came offering whiskey.

By *ipgloss..Woman  over a year ago

Stourbridge

" The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel "

Consider that as a lucky escape from a timewaster!

"What are People's opinions on tattoos and the alternative look? That goes for women and men old and young? Some people get turned off by it and some go crazy for it . Would love to have a discussion about it

We do like it in others but it is in no way a requirement. We accept that our look doesn't appeal to everyone but certainly don't feel that it hinders us either."

people will always judge you for something

I suppose i have quite a lot of tattoos 'for a woman' and i always make a point of telling people as i have had quite a lot of work done over the past few months, more than shows on my pics my arms wasnt finished on them, have two halfs sleeves, one stop at the top of my shoulder and the other goes over my shoulder and up my neck and a full back piece and a large leg piece

It does put people off, ive had guys say they like women with small girly tattoos but i have to many and i have been turned down on meet for them, ive been told a few times by guys that they think im a nice person and really nice looking but the tattoos just ruin me, but to be honest it really dont bother me because i had them for me and swinging is such a small part of my life that im not going to be someone im not just to please people on here, when im out with my normal friends i fit in well because the pubs i go to arnt the type thats going to judge me for things like tattoos nor are the people in them as they all all covered lol

you just have to be yourself and people will either like you or they wont, im certainly not gloing to loose any sleep for being turned down for a shag by someone on here

"We've just today had someone refuse to meet us, that in itself is fine and anyone expecting to be everyone's cup of tea is in the wrong place however... The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm more concerned with the fact this single guy had any reason to need to focus on his ear when he was invited for sex.... If someone found his appearance off putting I understand but to be put off by a 8mm hole in someone's ear for me is a little extreme.

LOL what a stupid reason "

i dont think its a stupid reason, everyone likes different, ive been asked a couple of times if i would remove my piercings if we met, not everyone likes them and is turning someone down for things like tunnels or piercings any different to turning someone doen because of the size or colour? its just a preference

i quite like it how u have it "

haha thanks a lot :D looks better short then? id message you but i cant lol x

ive been told i look thuggish and rough cus of them. end of the day im not walking round with a pit bull and a full track suit looking like a bag head of jezza kyle. i study medical biochemistry at uni, i drive, i have a job, and im in a fairly succesful band and yet people still say i look like a yob from the gutter, FUCK THE HATERS lol

By *ayseanMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Personally i like women with tattoos,think they look really sexy! Although i know some people like+dislike them,some find them repulsive lol but although i don't have any myself i find them hot on women

I'm not a massive fan of tattoos wen it's to the extreme that practically thier whole body is covered but the odd one here n there If tastefully done is nice xxx

I love tatts hope to get more done

"I love tatts hope to get more done "

That's what we like to hear !

LOL what a stupid reason

i dont think its a stupid reason, everyone likes different, ive been asked a couple of times if i would remove my piercings if we met, not everyone likes them and is turning someone down for things like tunnels or piercings any different to turning someone doen because of the size or colour? its just a preference"

Whilst I would agree with the each to thier own approach we are talking about a straight guy, meeting a straight couple for sex that didn't like a plastic tube smaller than an inch in my other halfs ear, if I had it done then I could understand but there would be very little if any reason for him to look at his ear..... Face and gential peircings I can understand but an ear, if that's his main concern of the night then im taking it as a lucky escape.

LOL what a stupid reason

i dont think its a stupid reason, everyone likes different, ive been asked a couple of times if i would remove my piercings if we met, not everyone likes them and is turning someone down for things like tunnels or piercings any different to turning someone doen because of the size or colour? its just a preference

Whilst I would agree with the each to thier own approach we are talking about a straight guy, meeting a straight couple for sex that didn't like a plastic tube smaller than an inch in my other halfs ear, if I had it done then I could understand but there would be very little if any reason for him to look at his ear..... Face and gential peircings I can understand but an ear, if that's his main concern of the night then im taking it as a lucky escape."

its because things like tattoos, piercings etc still hold the thug image, even now day and age they still do, he probably look at it and thought, im not meeting them because one foot out of line and he'll thump me lol

I had it with my ex a lot, he was a big lad, by that i dont mean fat i mean tall and broad built, covered in tattoos, long hair, piecings etc and we'd go to clubs and guys would give us a wide birth, id be at the bar and men would talk to me soon as the ex came over they'd look at him and leg it lol

I know they not shagging your fella but at the end of the day they still going to be in a sexual situation with him and he they find something about him aggressive looking some will avoid

I really cant think of anything else it can be as you look lovely in your pics so they not turning you down for you

"I don't meet people because they have or haven't got them, of all the tattoos and peircings i have one 1 is on show and can be removed so you wouldn't notice....some people turn us down because i have them, each to there own but i wouldn't meet someone because they'd labelled me 'alt' if they want a suicide girl they need to look elsewhere. The whole 'looking to meet Inked women' doesn't appeal to me."

I do like tattoos and its great to see them on others. Its individual, and before anyone says how can it be when half the country have them, but the type of tattoo will give a visual insight into the person.

I am a girly and I like feminine things so therefore I am attracted to pretty tattoos, flowers, butterflies, fairies, pin up girls. A large black tribal tattoo would not suit me.

I have just had a new tattoo on my foot and I love her. I refer to the pretty fairy I have placed there as a separate being rather than just ink on my own foot. She's pretty, she has a lovely dress on, she has delicate wings, she has flowing hair, she is bright and colourful, it might sound awful to some but I really like her. She suits the type of clothing I wear

"We've just today had someone refuse to meet us, that in itself is fine and anyone expecting to be everyone's cup of tea is in the wrong place however... The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm more concerned with the fact this single guy had any reason to need to focus on his ear when he was invited for sex.... If someone found his appearance off putting I understand but to be put off by a 8mm hole in someone's ear for me is a little extreme."

Just googled flesh tunnel as I have no idea what it was, some really nice and pretty rings wouldn't bother me in the slightest

No big deal, I am interested in the person not the tattoo's and piercings though it would make for conversation. The only thing I don't like much and would ask for its removal is the clit piercing as I have been there, trying to suck a clit and turn her on with the amount of metal she had was pointless other than that, some tatoos look really nice both masculine and feminine ones

It depends what u got there mate lol im a tattooist and im tattooed aswell, just finishin my sleave, have tatts done on my legs aswell. As someone said already, its not a alt look anymore, everybody gets tattoos now, older, mid age and young people. And personaly i think that chicks with tatts are wicked specialy the ones with tasty full sleaves or back pieces.

I think one or two can be quite attractive and like the odd tribal half sleeve on a guy but now seeing a guy who has none at all and I find it do goddam horny looking at him lying naked not only has he got a fantastic physique but I'm in total awe of his unblemished skin looking perfect and defined its a major turn on looking at him I have four tattoos 3 on my back and they're my own designs and people who normally don't like tattoos really like mine it's very delicate looking although large and one on the back of my wrist again my own design

I like tattoos that are mainly out of sight and that's opinion is from a professional point of view and from my personal bird that they are a personal thing to be shared with special people mine mean something to me and are not a statement of the latest trend

I love tattoo one of my biggest turn ons :p x

Be original, don't get a tattoo.

I am a 22 stone powerlifter, that is genuinely alternative. Every dick head has a tattoo nowadays

" The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel

Consider that as a lucky escape from a timewaster! "

Why are they a timewaster?

Think that was a bit harsh

"Be original, don't get a tattoo.

I am a 22 stone powerlifter, that is genuinely alternative. Every dick head has a tattoo nowadays"

Are you tryin to say that Im a dick head??

I am a 22 stone powerlifter, that is genuinely alternative. Every dick head has a tattoo nowadays

Are you tryin to say that Im a dick head?? "

lol, no, perhaps I should have said-everyone has tattoos nowadays, most are crappy and unoriginal. That's surely a fair point

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

We love well done tats, we both have a few. We're recent conversions to them, and think them very sexy. Think the tats on young women you see in clubs and at naturist sites look very sexy, angel wings, flowers on feet and so on. We know a woman with tiger skin across one shoulder and down to her wrist, really hot. R's son has a similar tat with dragons.

Some people hate them, though, can't understand why.

lol, no, perhaps I should have said-everyone has tattoos nowadays, most are crappy and unoriginal. That's surely a fair point"

They crapy and unoriginal cuz of dick heads that are opening tattoo shops without any experiance, thinkin that they are a tattoists, most of them dont even know how to setup their guns lol it goes like this - everybody wants a tattoo but not everyone are willin to pay for a proper job, they go for cheap and shit, and than they go to someone that knows what his doing and they going " can u repair this for us please mate ?? "

This just make me laugh lol

im a lass who loves her ink an every piece means something to me personally , cant say its stopped me getting meets though .

i like lads with or without, each to their own .. thinking outside the box is so much more fun than staying in it.

i also love the feeling i get when being inked now thats a pain i can take lol

lol, no, perhaps I should have said-everyone has tattoos nowadays, most are crappy and unoriginal. That's surely a fair point

They crapy and unoriginal cuz of dick heads that are opening tattoo shops without any experiance, thinkin that they are a tattoists, most of them dont even know how to setup their guns lol it goes like this - everybody wants a tattoo but not everyone are willin to pay for a proper job, they go for cheap and shit, and than they go to someone that knows what his doing and they going " can u repair this for us please mate ?? "

This just make me laugh lol "

I have one, it was a cheapo job, is shit and now I want it removed or covered so you make a good point mate lol

Love tats especially with the 'alt look' as you term it.

Very sexy on men and women alike.

I have one, it was a cheapo job, is shit and now I want it removed or covered so you make a good point mate lol"

I just come across this thing every weekend, ohh and i hate tribal but this is my personal preferance, when someone comes up to me and says " can i have a full sleave tribal? " i just say " go home and think about it " lol or people just come and say " what can i have for 50 pound ?? " the answer is " a slap so you can wake up " lol

I have one, it was a cheapo job, is shit and now I want it removed or covered so you make a good point mate lol

I just come across this thing every weekend, ohh and i hate tribal but this is my personal preferance, when someone comes up to me and says " can i have a full sleave tribal? " i just say " go home and think about it " lol or people just come and say " what can i have for 50 pound ?? " the answer is " a slap so you can wake up " lol "

I was in forces mate, crap tribal tats are everywhere. I can understand it on the lads from Fiji, but on someone as white as a ghost from Newcastle it looks odd unless done really well. I am thinking Celtic king tat for my upper back and traps, just trying to have a design worked up. I expect to pay a lot for quality. My ex gf spent 900 quid on a tattoo the size of a tea cup, but it looked amazing

I just come across this thing every weekend, ohh and i hate tribal but this is my personal preferance, when someone comes up to me and says " can i have a full sleave tribal? " i just say " go home and think about it " lol or people just come and say " what can i have for 50 pound ?? " the answer is " a slap so you can wake up " lol

I was in forces mate, crap tribal tats are everywhere. I can understand it on the lads from Fiji, but on someone as white as a ghost from Newcastle it looks odd unless done really well. I am thinking Celtic king tat for my upper back and traps, just trying to have a design worked up. I expect to pay a lot for quality. My ex gf spent 900 quid on a tattoo the size of a tea cup, but it looked amazing"

900 quid??? Wtf. Thats just takin a piss mate and it doesnt matter how amaizg it is lol i really wish to that tat

I know, I paid half. There was some sort of Japanese tattooist involved. I am not a huge fan of needles so didnt watch at all. Thats what puts me off a big tat, the fainting factor.

"I know, I paid half. There was some sort of Japanese tattooist involved. I am not a huge fan of needles so didnt watch at all. Thats what puts me off a big tat, the fainting factor."

You paid half of it?? Are u talking about the one that u want to remove??

[Removed by poster at 30/08/12 08:57:22]

By *wencatWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I have a few tatts and piercings did them for me mainly to mark a chapter in my life like my kids my grandkids and and also sometimes start a new one does that sound daft ? Like drawing a line under something that ended or started plus they look nice but I can cover them if I want to

This just make me laugh lol "

agree totally, the amount of scratchers (people who diy tattoo) that are around today is unreal, I spent 5 years in the u.s tattooing and the laws over the pond are so much stricter, I average 15 people a week in my shop looking for cover ups on a really bad tattoo, so my advice would be, if your gonna get ink'd take your time and shop around, don't be scared to go into a shop and ask to see proof of his/her work, and if your still not sure any decent tattooist will let you sit in on a session ( as long as the person getting tattooed agrees) its for life and not for your birthday

No, her tattoo was the expensive one, mine cost 35 quid if I recall

No, her tattoo was the expensive one, mine cost 35 quid if I recall

This just make me laugh lol agree totally, the amount of scratchers (people who diy tattoo) that are around today is unreal, I spent 5 years in the u.s tattooing and the laws over the pond are so much stricter, I average 15 people a week in my shop looking for cover ups on a really bad tattoo, so my advice would be, if your gonna get ink'd take your time and shop around, don't be scared to go into a shop and ask to see proof of his/her work, and if your still not sure any decent tattooist will let you sit in on a session ( as long as the person getting tattooed agrees) its for life and not for your birthday "

Agree, agree, agree

But i woulnd let anyone else to be with me and tattood person on a sitting

I was in forces mate, crap tribal tats are everywhere. I can understand it on the lads from Fiji, but on someone as white as a ghost from Newcastle it looks odd unless done really well. I am thinking Celtic king tat for my upper back and traps, just trying to have a design worked up. I expect to pay a lot for quality. My ex gf spent 900 quid on a tattoo the size of a tea cup, but it looked amazing

900 quid??? Wtf. Thats just takin a piss mate and it doesnt matter how amaizg it is lol i really wish to that tat "

900 quid for a tattoo is a stupid price, but I know of an artist that will not touch your skin for under 2000 !!! But to be fair he is one of the best on the world, and picks and chooses who and when he tattoos

I agree that time should be spent in selecting a tattooist, visiting the premises, asking to see the work, ask about decontamination procedures etc. All of this is very important. Noone wants to end up with an unrecognisable black smudge and a HepB infection.

I always think that you should decide what tattoo you want and not really quibble about price. Expect it to be expensive, its something that will be with you forever. Look after tattoos too. I never have mine in the sun, I cover my foot if sunbathing and put sunblock on. I will also get them reworked/coloured to keep them looking fresh and good. So be prepared for upkeep costs.

I cannot have visible tattoos because of my profession and my foot is easily covered. I have seen some lovely designs though and wish I could have them

Loving that a thread about the Alt look is dominated by talk of ink. A chav with a tattoo is still a chav. And ink on it's own is in no way alternative. But what many on here are missing is that it is just one part of the look. And it's as much about attitude as image.

"900 quid for a tattoo is a stupid price, but I know of an artist that will not touch your skin for under 2000 !!! But to be fair he is one of the best on the world, and picks and chooses who and when he tattoos "

I don't think £900 is an unreasonable price for a tattoo.

I have been quoted 250 Euros per hour before now with a minimum payment of 8 hours including prep / design.

Now that seemed steep, but tbh if I would have had the money, I would have paid it because I think the ideas and designs they come up with are awesome.

That's the thing about tatts. They should be personal to the wearer and ideally unique in some way.

Tatts done off a pre-set format are bland and boring and yes you will see people with the same one sooner or later.

You don't have to be an artist to be a tattooist, but to me, you have to be an artist to be a good tattooist.

"I agree that time should be spent in selecting a tattooist, visiting the premises, asking to see the work, ask about decontamination procedures etc. All of this is very important. Noone wants to end up with an unrecognisable black smudge and a HepB infection.

I always think that you should decide what tattoo you want and not really quibble about price. Expect it to be expensive, its something that will be with you forever. Look after tattoos too. I never have mine in the sun, I cover my foot if sunbathing and put sunblock on. I will also get them reworked/coloured to keep them looking fresh and good. So be prepared for upkeep costs.

I cannot have visible tattoos because of my profession and my foot is easily covered. I have seen some lovely designs though and wish I could have them "

It took me two years to design my tattoo and pick what I want there's not a lot of detail but writing is fine and delicate looking a few friends have huge tattoos loads of detail again all designs they have hand drawn themselves my tattooist won't copy anyone's designs she's quite strict about that she's only been doing it 18minths but she's amazing her work is fantastic she's got a few celebs wanting her work her own designs are pretty fantastic too she's done all sorts of design courses before she took up tattooing she's always lived art

I like to think a lot of mine are original. Got so many fun nerdy ones that you all are gunna hate me for. I've got an ayrton senna tribute, candy skull farther vader, my family crest and a bane tattoo lol. All look sweet as hell and credit to my tattoo artist for agreeing with me. Might upload them actually

I don't think it is alternative any more .. it's become so mainstream.

I think they're beautiful if they work with you rbody and have a theme but some can look just silly ... usually the ones which haven't been thought about too much.

Mostly though, I think it's personal preference and if they make you feel beautiful then you become what you feel.

"I like to think a lot of mine are original. Got so many fun nerdy ones that you all are gunna hate me for. I've got an ayrton senna tribute, candy skull farther vader, my family crest and a bane tattoo lol. All look sweet as hell and credit to my tattoo artist for agreeing with me. Might upload them actually "

Bane as in that weird bloke off Batman or Bane as in the hxc band Bane?

Why are they a timewaster?"

Because in his head the reason he didn't want to meet was down to him being far better looking than mark and he was worried hed come between us and I'd fall for him (this is 3 emails in)... That to me is a fantasist and 90% of fantasist are just that.. All mouth. Please bare in mind there are no images of M on our profile so again this was in his head.

and yes, he was better looking than M because he doesn't have a flesh tunnel, personal choice and all that but he contacted us...to say no?

"900 quid for a tattoo is a stupid price, but I know of an artist that will not touch your skin for under 2000 !!! But to be fair he is one of the best on the world, and picks and chooses who and when he tattoos

I don't think £900 is an unreasonable price for a tattoo.

"

my back cost me more than £900 and its not quite finished yet i still want a few last touches putting on, i pay £150 for a two hour sitting so if your having a large piece like a sleeve or back £900+ is realistic to pay, actually thinking about it the half sleeve on my left arm cost about that too, you get what you pay for, if you want it cheap you can get it cheap but it will show in their work

"900 quid for a tattoo is a stupid price, but I know of an artist that will not touch your skin for under 2000 !!! But to be fair he is one of the best on the world, and picks and chooses who and when he tattoos

I don't think £900 is an unreasonable price for a tattoo

my back cost me more than £900 and its not quite finished yet i still want a few last touches putting on, i pay £150 for a two hour sitting so if your having a large piece like a sleeve or back £900+ is realistic to pay, actually thinking about it the half sleeve on my left arm cost about that too, you get what you pay for, if you want it cheap you can get it cheap but it will show in their work"

Have u got any pics of that piece on your back. Share it

By *Ms BodsWoman  over a year ago

The Gates of Hell Waiting

I have 8, love the whole process of having them done and then exposing them if asked nicely!

" I have 8, love the whole process of having them done and then exposing them if asked nicely! "

If you show me yours ill show u mine

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I like tattoos, generally, on others and they do sometimes act like window dressing, to add a big je ne sais quoi. I love tattoed cocks, but they're fairly rare, unfortunately

i do like tattoos.

but i get this feeling when i see someone covered in them that maybe its an addiction.

id love to have one but could never work out what i wanted so dont as id regret it later.

"i do like tattoos.

but i get this feeling when i see someone covered in them that maybe its an addiction.

id love to have one but could never work out what i wanted so dont as id regret it later.

"

It is a addiction mate. Once u get first one youre fucked, you will get another one sooner or later lol

"I like to think a lot of mine are original. Got so many fun nerdy ones that you all are gunna hate me for. I've got an ayrton senna tribute, candy skull farther vader, my family crest and a bane tattoo lol. All look sweet as hell and credit to my tattoo artist for agreeing with me. Might upload them actually

Batman BANE. I really can't stand hardcore . Deathcore all the way

Bane as in that weird bloke off Batman or Bane as in the hxc band Bane?"

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

For me (mrs) its more of a turn on but Mr not so much. I dont know what it is but pierced and tattooed dudes have always done it for me, just the thought of tattooed arms makes me weak at the knees. I also have a thing for suicide girls "type" girls especially with chest pieces yum.

Saying that though we dont have a "must have.." its just a bonus if you do .

"i do like tattoos.

It is a addiction mate. Once u get first one youre fucked, you will get another one sooner or later lol "

There are far worse addictions. I did say two full sleeves would be enough. When I get to that stage though I still think it won't be quite enough. I like they effect they have for me and those that I play with.

and I find tattooed Women very very sexy indeed. With them becoming mainstream hopefully they will gain a wider acceptance amongst those with the wrong beliefs about them.

Wolf

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

i have quite a few tattoos but dont see myself as alternative in the slightest my tattoos are for me and not to be part of any group or section of society

I don't think £900 is an unreasonable price for a tattoo

my back cost me more than £900 and its not quite finished yet i still want a few last touches putting on, i pay £150 for a two hour sitting so if your having a large piece like a sleeve or back £900+ is realistic to pay, actually thinking about it the half sleeve on my left arm cost about that too, you get what you pay for, if you want it cheap you can get it cheap but it will show in their work

Have u got any pics of that piece on your back. Share it "

i do but, and here the funny bit, they on my phone and i dont know how to put pics on my laptop from my phone

i never said i was technical minded did i lol

"i do like tattoos.

It is a addiction mate. Once u get first one youre fucked, you will get another one sooner or later lol "

it is an addiction lol

my back was only ment as a 2 hour sitting but i kept going back and getting more drawn up and added cause every time i looked at it i thought hum would look better with this, or having that added would be nice, thing is cause of the design its easy to just keep extending and every time i say thats it, i look and see a bit more i want lol

but i really am just having one more sitting im having the botom bought round to my hips on both sides, then thats it...honest lol

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"i do like tattoos.

It is a addiction mate. Once u get first one youre fucked, you will get another one sooner or later lol

it is an addiction lol

my back was only ment as a 2 hour sitting but i kept going back and getting more drawn up and added cause every time i looked at it i thought hum would look better with this, or having that added would be nice, thing is cause of the design its easy to just keep extending and every time i say thats it, i look and see a bit more i want lol

but i really am just having one more sitting im having the botom bought round to my hips on both sides, then thats it...honest lol"

pmsl the best bit is you are actually trying to convince yourself knowing before you climb in that seat theres every possibility that you will be back

Why are they a timewaster?

Because in his head the reason he didn't want to meet was down to him being far better looking than mark and he was worried hed come between us and I'd fall for him (this is 3 emails in)... That to me is a fantasist and 90% of fantasist are just that.. All mouth. Please bare in mind there are no images of M on our profile so again this was in his head."

Fair enough but your original post didnt say that though it implied that he didnt want to based solely on the tunnel, thats why i asked why it made him a timewaster ....

'The reason given was, ready?! M has a flesh tunnel... '

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I am uninked and unpierced (I did have my nipple done to celebrate my divorce, but it never healed so I took it out), I sometimes feel I'm more alt nowadays...it doesn't bother me one way or another, but the majority of my meets from Fab have had tats...they're not for me personally, as I was kinda put off years ago when my kid sister had a flower fairy on her shoulder which I thought the essence of naffness (apologies to anyone with flower fairies) and to be fair, our kid kinda regrets it now - she also has her children's names and DOBs on the back of her neck - a much more individual and personal tat in my opinion...if it's what you like then that's fine, and a heavily tattoed bod isn't gonna put me off if I get on with the person, neither is a virgin expanse of skin such as my own (ha, that's about the only time I can put me and virgin in the same sentence)

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I dislike them and they do put me off a person. I try to.ignore the tattoe and dont look at it ad find them unatteactive.

I have met someone with a heavy tattoed body and they were very considerate of my dislike to them. The attraction to the person was massive but just made a point of concentrating on the chemistrt.

It does put me off yes but respect that others love them and I dont

As a tattooed man now living in Glasgow with 15tatts one half of the City loves them and one half want me dead lol I want more but running out of skin fast women with tattoos are so hot give me a lass with a tattoo any day

"I dislike them and they do put me off a person. I try to.ignore the tattoe and dont look at it ad find them unatteactive.

I have met someone with a heavy tattoed body and they were very considerate of my dislike to them. The attraction to the person was massive but just made a point of concentrating on the chemistrt.

It does put me off yes but respect that others love them and I dont"

serious question here and i swear im not taking the piss but how are you considerate about your tattoos when meeting people who dont like them? are you saying they stayed clothed so you didnt have to look at them?

"As a tattooed man now living in Glasgow with 15tatts one half of the City loves them and one half want me dead lol I want more but running out of skin fast women with tattoos are so hot give me a lass with a tattoo any day "

see i have found that too, they really are like marmite arnt they?

When im out, more so in summer when i have skimpy tops on i get i get lots of people coming upto me asking where i had them done because they are good and they are looking for somewhere to go. ive had a few people tell me they like to see a woman with proper tattoos i get more comments for my back than anything as it is nice, even if i do say so myself lol and its good quality work as i dont use bodge artists, i get loads of comments. just randoms strangers telling me how nice it is and asking for a proper look to see how far down it goes, i've had groups of young girls pulling my top out so they can look down and see it all lol but on the flip side i get poeple telling me they make me look ugly and that i have ruined myself with them

You cant please everyone so just please yourself

Having 2 full sleeves and started a chest piece, I love em, very addictive

near kings lynn

"I dislike them and they do put me off a person. I try to.ignore the tattoe and dont look at it ad find them unatteactive.

In answer to how the person was considerate... when they removed their clothing I was visibally shocked by the amount of tattoes also sounds silly but nervous of touching them. He didnt treat me like I was silly or stupid or anything but understood my feelings.

It does put me off yes but respect that others love them and I dont

serious question here and i swear im not taking the piss but how are you considerate about your tattoos when meeting people who dont like them? are you saying they stayed clothed so you didnt have to look at them?"

near kings lynn

Typing on my phone so it doesnt always come out clear x

all im gonna say is a man with muscles and tats well MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So SEXxxxxxyyyyyyyy

"

You cant please everyone so just please yourself "

"I like tattoos, generally, on others and they do sometimes act like window dressing, to add a big je ne sais quoi. I love tattoed cocks, but they're fairly rare, unfortunately "

I have seen a cock tattooed as a snake, I didn't particularly like it and might be a little scared that a forked tongue would pop out

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

Tats ok.... David has a couple... Sooze has none...Piercings make us both squeamish tho...

Enfield

"flesh tunnel"...?

Enfield

""flesh tunnel"...?"

Googled

Answered

X