FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Why do people take a break…?

Why do people take a break…?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *untimes2020 OP   Couple  over a year ago

leatherhead

Newbies to the scene, just wondering why people take a break and come back?

Is an all consuming lifestyle? Addictive?

Does it cause problems in a healthy, loving relationship?

Really interested to know honest experiences, good and bad from both men and women

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Loads of reasons- mostly health or personal issues. But people also get tired with Fab and/or the lifestyle. If it's no fun any more, take a break.

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I have learnt not to leave because I know I will come back.I just hide my profile when I feel overwhelmed ....

leatherhead

"I have learnt not to leave because I know I will come back.I just hide my profile when I feel overwhelmed ...."

Do you mind me asking what it is you find overwhelming about it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Physical health issues.

leatherhead

All those reasons make sense - thanks

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

Sometimes- people may have got what they wanted from this site and decided to leave.

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I think it is rather time consuming too , life gets busy and I just don’t always have the opportunity to play or even look for potential playmates.

It's either a lifestyle, an obsession or a hobby. We pop in to a club maybe once or twice a month and that's enough for us. We do know a couple that go to clubs 5 days a week!

We never left the site entirely but have hidden our profile a few times before for a variety of reasons.

First one was when A had a potentially life changing health problem, the diagnostics took 6 months so we were off then as we didn't have the energy to meet.

Another time we'd put a lot of time and effort into fabs trying to meet to blow off steam during a busy period at work and ended up dealing with time wasters a few times so we decided to do something else for leisure in the limited time we had available.

Then there was a period when K wasn't feeling very sexy and wasn't interested in sex involving other people so we took some time off then.

I'm sure that other people will have their own personal reasons as to why they wouldn't want to meet for a while.

Haven't almost all of us just come back from a break of approx 18mths

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

To have a KitKat

leatherhead

Thanks for your reply

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

If we’ve had a few time wasters in a row then we’ll take a break.

If we’re not looking to meet we just set our profile to hidden

By *r_magic_tongueMan  over a year ago

Hull

I've been on here on and off for a few years and find it's good to take a break every now and then to keep you grounded in realty. Most of the ladies & couples I've met have also had breaks for various reasons too

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Maybe Sti or something similar..lol

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

A lot come back magically younger, guess they can't become younger with their existing profile. One couple told us it was because they were having a new kitchen fitted!

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I hide my profile if I date someone not into it . Only here where I’m single x

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

We had a break from playing but not from this place as we wanted to still keep in the know. We had our play break as we were a little burnt out, did too much in a very short space of time to point it felt a little mundane. The excitement was no longer there and it took some while before we played again and that excitement, thrill and nervous energy to return, necessities for us when it comes to our swinging.

By *ickyquimCouple  over a year ago

north west

"Newbies to the scene, just wondering why people take a break and come back?

Really interested to know honest experiences, good and bad from both men and women

Thanks "

I take breaks when I have loads to do for work and when I get fed up of the site and some of the people on here. RL is sometimes more important than hedonism.

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"I have learnt not to leave because I know I will come back.I just hide my profile when I feel overwhelmed ....

Do you mind me asking what it is you find overwhelming about it? "

I just get annoyed that's all when I always get messages from people who don't suit what I want and the dreaded fancy a fuck message

By *oublethefunMan  over a year ago

Midlands, london

A lot of people get put off by the site due to the constant barrage of messages from single guys and abuse if you don't reply to them.

So many fake profiles and people wanting to meet but when the chance arises they always have an excuse and bottle it.

Best to leave meeting people by chance at clubs or private party's so you don't feel let down.

we all have a life outside of swinging, and sometimes that has to take priority, so best to stop for a bit, swinging while fun, isnt everything

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

There shaged out and need a rest

As a male on here looking for meets You have to put a lot of time and effort into doing so. And can be quite a graft. It can sometimes feel a lot easier in the outside world to attract others

By *ranimallxl5Man  over a year ago

Winchester

Thanks "

Constant knock backs are not good the the soul & we all need a break

On here as a single profile at minute. My good lady got tired of the timewasters and although she enjoyed the people we met and went further with became dissallutioned with the site. Hoping to spike her Intrest in the future but till then taking a break lol

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

For me it's 'fabtigue'.

Sometimes it just gets tiresome so I'll snooze it for a bit. There is never any big airport style departure announcement that some people seem to like, but every now and then if it feels boring or monotonous I'll give it a rest.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Weve been singing 23 years. Had multiple breaks, always come back.

For us it's always been down to work patterns, not having child care or just dealing with something in our lives that took up our time. No other reasons and never caused us any relationship problems.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

One of the reasons when you have a regular fwb, also is a hectic life beyond fab at times.

By *alsaGuy77Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

I left because my girlfriend left for her own reasons and understandably preferred I wasn't on here when she wasn't. She came back and I followed a few weeks later. I have a love/hate relationship with Fab as it can be boring and repetitive at times and also can take up too much of your time like other social media sites do. I came off Facebook for a bit and it was quite liberating. Same for when I came off here. But I did miss the eroticism and finding out about club nights in particular and now I'm back whilst I'm not really actively pursuing meets outside of clubs I do enjoy perusing profiles and seeing who is where doing what

By *hocCock1Man  over a year ago

Hampshire

If I'm dating in the vanilla world I disappear off here, been on and off since around 2011

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

As the saying goes when the fun stops, stop.

"As a male on here looking for meets You have to put a lot of time and effort into doing so. And can be quite a graft. It can sometimes feel a lot easier in the outside world to attract others "

Then why don't you then?

"If we’ve had a few time wasters in a row then we’ll take a break.

If we’re not looking to meet we just set our profile to hidden"

Exactly this. We had a lod of time wasters so took a break. Then the world went nuts just as we was about to come back.

And now here we are again about 2½yrs later.

We're currently here but not meeting as I'm pregnant so having a little break, but still enjoying the chatting and forums until its time to meet again.

There's lots of reasons to take a break, personal life, work, fab is definitely not in my list of priorities, I come and go as I feel, I don't delete the account just hide it.

Mrs x

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

We take a break every year, usually around December time for a couple of months but it shifts depending on what we have going on real life wise.

We love taking a break, for us it's about keeping this side of life interesting and not allowing it to become the norm...

Taking a break allows us to hit the reset on swinging, to approach it again with excitement and not just like it's something we do because we can. Plus swinging is hard bloody work, trying to sort out meeting people, dealing with time wasters, and the idiots that do their best to ruin this way of life.. it's a welcome rest from that.

xx

I find my sex drive fluctuates, and sometimes I'm busy with home or health issues and cannot find the time or have the inclination to swing.

A usually go in fits and starts. No meets for weeks sometimes then I'll meet several or several tens of people in a month or 6 week period, then perhaps take a break again. Xx

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"Newbies to the scene, just wondering why people take a break and come back?"

I "went quiet" for a while after I had issues with somebody,

on reflection maybe it was a bit of an OTT "knee jerk" reaction,

but that's how it affected me.

I changed my privacy settings

and stripped my profile right back to the most basic of information,

and no photos visible

for a few weeks.

I needed time to think about things before I started to rebuild it.

I am still on the journey back to where I was with it, somewhere along the way.

I have put some more pictures up, and changed the wording of my information, but I am much more thoughtful about the content available to everyone now.

The way I arrange meets is also different, more reserved, for sure.

Will not meet alone.

So not a break, a change. Caused by somebody being an utter prick.

I hid my profile for quite a few months this year. Nothing to do with fab itself. I just had tons of drama in my personal life that killed my sex drive.

When drama was over, I came out of hiding.

By *team7279Couple  over a year ago

London

Kids, work, life. We haven't logged off entirely at any point, but certainly have periods where we just haven't given it any thought for a few months.

By *aisyRayneCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

We never delete our profile but take frequent breaks. Last one was a combination of life getting a bit busier and too many people wasting our time in a row, so it's good to just take a step back from it and return with fresh eyes when that happens. We've got plenty of other hobbies too and sometimes we just prefer to focus on them for a bit

By *elshguy999Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Weve been singing 23 years. Had multiple breaks, always come back.

For us it's always been down to work patterns, not having child care or just dealing with something in our lives that took up our time. No other reasons and never caused us any relationship problems. "

Have you got sore voice boxes?

By *ipupfruityWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

I get bored of it after awhile and want a relationship

By *vasexperimentWoman  over a year ago

huddersfield

A thousand different reasons

Temporary or permanent loss of confidence

Life changes

Health concerns

Grief

Kids moving back in

Becoming a nun

Surgery

Boredom

Prison

Just Making time for something else ?

By *vasexperimentWoman  over a year ago

huddersfield

"I hid my profile for quite a few months this year. Nothing to do with fab itself. I just had tons of drama in my personal life that killed my sex drive.

When drama was over, I came out of hiding. "

Just sometimes need to regroup and take a break. Real life can sometimes not be conducive to the lifestyle. Sometimes I just don't feel like sex. Can be a multitude of reasons. Hubby and I are back in it after a 2 year break. I just didn't feel like it is the honest reason. Doesn't have to be dramatic.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I’ve just come back after a few months “off”. I was bored of it and needed to do other things. Nothing more.

Vx

By *oldie_locks33Woman  over a year ago

Durham

Many reasons!

[Removed by poster at 11/09/21 22:42:10]

Sounds very familiar...

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

People get fed up with the vast amount of time wasters and fakes on here , the site won't do anything about it to make it more genuine user friendly

Thanks

I take breaks when I have loads to do for work and when I get fed up of the site and some of the people on here. RL is sometimes more important than hedonism. "

Such a good convo thread on this subject, we haven't really got anything hugely different to add but would like to share our experiences re:deleting our accounts several times only to then end up setting up again from fresh. Our reasons like others, we get so irritated by the time wasters, that we fully believe we are cancelling everything to do with the site, the people & the lifestyle.. Then at some point in the future, we get curious and end up rejoining just to see..the whole cycle goes round again.

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

I have never left the site but have of course often been too busy or in settled cuckold relationships that I have just left my profile alone or put a notice on that I am not currently meeting. Must have been on here at least 20+ years. Before the internet I used contact magazines! In those days there were no time wasters as you had to write an interesting letter with landline number (no mobiles that long ago) enclosing a return stamped addressed envelope. I used to get a 100% hit rate for meetings and one cuckold couple from those days still have me a few times a year when they come down on holiday!

I've taken breaks from a single profile when I was part of a fab couple and in a vanilla relationship. Most recently because of CV-19. So there's many legitimate reasons x

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"We had a break from playing but not from this place as we wanted to still keep in the know. We had our play break as we were a little burnt out, did too much in a very short space of time to point it felt a little mundane. The excitement was no longer there and it took some while before we played again and that excitement, thrill and nervous energy to return, necessities for us when it comes to our swinging. "

This is interesting. A lot of females and couples get “burnt out”.

Thanks "

I think it’s honestly something that in the beginning is something that most people have to take a stand back and consider where they are possibly going and if it’s something that they have considered fully. Everything should be considered and questioned.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"We had a break from playing but not from this place as we wanted to still keep in the know. We had our play break as we were a little burnt out, did too much in a very short space of time to point it felt a little mundane. The excitement was no longer there and it took some while before we played again and that excitement, thrill and nervous energy to return, necessities for us when it comes to our swinging.

This is interesting. A lot of females and couples get “burnt out”. "

if they get burnt out its usually Thier own fault , filters are your friends on here but the site is geared up for fakes in my opinion

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Thanks "

Life, health, other priorities, work, family..... A whole host of reasons. Fucking isn't always no1 on the list of important things to do.

» Add a new message to this topic