FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Sex toys changing colour

Sex toys changing colour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all

Just wondered if anyone can help me understand why it’s happening. I think it’s clear to say the toys are miscolouring, changing from original colour to now looking like they have had blue/black ink put over them. We have as most others will have spent a lot of money on toys over the years but now they look awful.

Is it the lube? Do we need a certain type of lube?

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *egoMan  over a year ago

Preston

I find this concerning.

Generally the plastic should be, that colour.

It’s blended as it’s extruded, as coating like you say can lead to contamination. It’s going somewhere.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

What are they made of? Toxicity is a problem in non silicone toys and discolouration can be a sign of phthalates which have been linked to health risks including cancer. Avoid jelly type toys and cheap toys labelled as silicone from non reputable sources as they're often not silicone at all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have had this years ago when I bought some flesh coloured toys and stored them in a bag that had a black lining. Also don't store your toys all in a bag so they touch, as discoloration can also occur in this way.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Oh ok. Yes this could be what is happening.

We have a black hold all bag and we keep our toys together in the bag.

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We had a bit of this. Two of our toys even melted together.

We now keep our toys in separate satin storage bags. I bought about 20 when they were on sale. This had kept them all in perfect condition since.

Our larger toys needed two bags, one over each end

Katie.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

One of my favourite dildos badly discoloured from being stored next to a black bag.

I've also had toys touching where they've melted over time.

I try to store everything separately now in pouches or in their boxes (except for glass and steel, which are never an issue and can just rattle loose around the toy box without coming to harm).

By *_T_WCouple  over a year ago

Stockport/ Leeds

Yes I’ve had this from storing them in a black bag , and I don’t think they’ve mixed well with the lining .

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Salop

This an intresting thread as we had a particular toy for about three years. It was semi see-thru but recently it developed dark areas inside the toy Not on the surface but inside and these areas were the size of a 50p coin.

If the discolouration was just on the surface it could have been due to use but as the discoloration was right inside we decided that it had reached its end of life and was disposed of.

G&A

By *athyperkinsCouple  over a year ago

lifton

"We had a bit of this. Two of our toys even melted together.

We now keep our toys in separate satin storage bags. I bought about 20 when they were on sale. This had kept them all in perfect condition since.

Our larger toys needed two bags, one over each end

Katie."

Ooh where are the bags from please? Would you mind inboxing me with the info as I will forget to look back here lol! Thanks so much!! T x

» Add a new message to this topic