FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Is there something wrong with my profile?

Is there something wrong with my profile?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkorswim OP   Man  over a year ago

Sunderland

Hi been on here a while. I don't spend all day on here but I send out messages to people I would genuinely like to chat with and meet.

Seems to be all in vein. Never get a reply. People don't even check out my profile. I'm always polite and respectful. I know it's mainly a sex site but I'm a naturally polite guy.

Simple question is my profile too detailed any advice on what I'm doing wrong?

Any comments and criticism will be accepted and considered. Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your pics are set to private which will immediately put a lot of people off. Profile is well written but reads like thousands of others on here (literally).

I mean it's a good profile, but no way at all to see what you look like? We like to know what someone looks like before spending the energy in shooting them a message

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Not really. Though there's nothing interesting about it, just more of the same

Sunderland

OK taken on board I will add a torso pic as my profile. I won't post a face pic on a swinger site but I do have them to send to people. Thanks for the input.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi been on here a while. I don't spend all day on here but I send out messages to people I would genuinely like to chat with and meet.

Seems to be all in vein. Never get a reply. People don't even check out my profile. I'm always polite and respectful. I know it's mainly a sex site but I'm a naturally polite guy.

Any comments and criticism will be accepted and considered. Thanks"

Most people who look at your profile will be in stealth mode and you sound like a decent bloke who reads and respects profiles.

What pictures do you send with any first message?

TLDR

Sunderland

Hi I send a decent face pic. Without sounding like an arrogant prick. I often get told I'm a good looking guy and am confident enough to say I'm decent looking.

Maybe I'm just off for some reason. I've added a torso pic and will add a little to my profile to make it stand out better.

Thanks to everyone that has replied.

Sunderland

"I mean it's a good profile, but no way at all to see what you look like? We like to know what someone looks like before spending the energy in shooting them a message "

I've added a torso pic to my profile. Thanks for the advice

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman  over a year ago

Coalville

Ink pic is great

"Hi I send a decent face pic. Without sounding like an arrogant prick. I often get told I'm a good looking guy and am confident enough to say I'm decent looking.

Maybe I'm just off for some reason. I've added a torso pic and will add a little to my profile to make it stand out better.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. "

instead of adding more I'd take some out and add in afterwards, if it's a huge profile read not a lot are going to take any time to read it

Sunderland

"Ink pic is great "

Thanks, will leave as is for a little now and see how it goes.

London

"Hi I send a decent face pic. Without sounding like an arrogant prick. I often get told I'm a good looking guy and am confident enough to say I'm decent looking.

Thanks to everyone that has replied. instead of adding more I'd take some out and add in afterwards, if it's a huge profile read not a lot are going to take any time to read it "

...and I'd say it's not too long and easy to read.

Yawn yawn

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

I'd add something a bit more personal and different that can catch someone's interest.

Saying you're genuine for example, doesn't mean anything. Anyone can say that, it's not going to entice anyone.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

It could be somewhat punchier…. Big up what you offer….your tats. Your passions.

Perhaps remove - I won’t bite unless you want me too…. It doesn’t make it sound different , somewhat overused…. I don’t know it’s just me.

Remove thing about body type preferences, slim or large thing - unnecessary fluff.

Just my opinion adding Snapchat name on your profile, you are opening yourself to a rabbit hole of fakers….

Sorry to hijack the OP’s thread but I also find that I’m sending out messages only to get an almost nonexistent response from anyone I attempt to contact.

I have tried to rewrite my profile but even when I really think I might have put out my stall in the best way to sell myself, it just doesn’t seem to catch anyones attention.

london

"Saying you're genuine for example, doesn't mean anything. Anyone can say that, it's not going to entice anyone. "

^ 100% agree, unnecessary fluff…

london

"Sorry to hijack the OP’s thread but I also find that I’m sending out messages only to get an almost nonexistent response from anyone I attempt to contact.

I have tried to rewrite my profile but even when I really think I might have put out my stall in the best way to sell myself, it just doesn’t seem to catch anyones attention.

"

Better not to hijack it, really. You should open your own post. It will make this thread confusing otherwise….

Better read all the comments suggested and see if you can proactively use any suggestions.

There’s tons of these types of post about. Search the forums and tweak things first.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

To the OP you need more pictures. You profile pic is not a good one and that's the first thing most people will judge you on. Most of the message we get we don't open if the profile pic is no good or blank.

There's probably 200 men to every available woman so if your pics aren't in the top 5% you're not going to get anywhere.

And your profile whilst not bad it's a bit bland. Doesn't really tell much about you except the generic cliches you get on here.

“I dont really have a "type", slim to large as long as you have good personal hygiene.”

I’m guessing you are wanting to get across that you can be attracted to lots of different people but it could also be read as though basic hygiene alone would be enough to attract you.

London

"Sorry to hijack the OP’s thread but I also find that I’m sending out messages only to get an almost nonexistent response from anyone I attempt to contact.

"

Not only have you hijacked someone else's thread, you've done so knowing you've already posted asking the same thing and got loads of answers.

By *alum 62Man  over a year ago

Dunstable

Sadly no advice from the ladies will help you most of the guys experience the same problem Dont take it personally until women make the effort nothing will change ( don't hold your breath )

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

You've pretty much summed up why you aren't getting much of a response.

It's mainly a Swingers site, not a sex site. There's a lot more to Swinging than sex and so many try to join the scene thinking it's just sex, sex and sex.

Just go to a club and you'll get a good idea what Swinging is about.

Dunstable

Single women looking to "meet" ( single men ) on here I almost sure he stated on his profile he was single

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Go to the pub..

Dunstable

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

More photos.

But your bio is really good!

Dunstable

No face pic of you so common on here But you ask for guy face pic equality 2022 lol

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

There’s nothing to start a conversation about, and your personality doesn’t come across.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

It’s not too bad. Pity your so far away

Sunderland

Added a new profile pic and altered my profile a little. Thanks to everyone who gave helpful advice.

Will update my profile properly when I have the time

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I like your torso pic. I'm sure you would do well in clubs. In my opinion your profile is too long and bland. Too much repetition of respectful, genuine, decent

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

"Hi been on here a while. I don't spend all day on here but I send out messages to people I would genuinely like to chat with and meet.

Your profile is generally Ok OP.

Probably add few more public pics. But the bat would be to go to a club and get few verifications from there.

Not only have you hijacked someone else's thread, you've done so knowing you've already posted asking the same thing and got loads of answers."

Having rewritten and reviewed my profile numerous times trying to be as interesting as possible but it still seems to be requiring more fine tuning as it’s certainly lacking that special something that catches the attention of the ladies.

By *r SensualMan  over a year ago

London

On the whole your profile seems okay and it’s good that you’ve taken on board the advice you’ve been given in this thread OP because not many who ask for advice actually do.

I’ll be honest, you can have the best profile in the world, send respectful, non-crude messages and still get aired, happens to all us single blokes. Best to get yourself away from your phone screen and out there meeting peeps in person and you’ll have much more success

London

Not only have you hijacked someone else's thread, you've done so knowing you've already posted asking the same thing and got loads of answers.

Having rewritten and reviewed my profile numerous times trying to be as interesting as possible but it still seems to be requiring more fine tuning as it’s certainly lacking that special something that catches the attention of the ladies."

Start your own thread.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

As others have said, your profile is ok/ bland.

It’s very true that all single men find it hard work on here. I think it’s better to see this site as only one aspect of your sexual experiences. If you get yourself to a swinging club I feel that even if you don’t get any action on your first visit, you will probably get a few verifications. Plus you will definitely see some amazing sights.

» Add a new message to this topic