FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > profile advice please

profile advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *y3942 OP   Man  over a year ago

hastings

as loads of single guys are doing it, who better to ask than the ladies i'm hoping to meet?

is my profile passable? the text. i'm not putting up any more pics and really resent having to use a face pic.

also, is there a way to appear on more searches? being in a costal town, i loose 50% radius of people around me by default, unless i want to get freaky with the fishies! also this is a small town and thus a smaller number of ladies nearby and you have to drive a bit before hitting larger populations.

besides, my perfect partner might be in Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff, and i'd never appear on these ladies searches.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orsetminx20Woman  over a year ago

Poole

"as loads of single guys are doing it, who better to ask than the ladies i'm hoping to meet?

is my profile passable? the text. i'm not putting up any more pics and really resent having to use a face pic.

also, is there a way to appear on more searches? being in a costal town, i loose 50% radius of people around me by default, unless i want to get freaky with the fishies! also this is a small town and thus a smaller number of ladies nearby and you have to drive a bit before hitting larger populations.

besides, my perfect partner might be in Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff, and i'd never appear on these ladies searches."

Profile reads well except you've used a 15 year old face pic? Why can't you use a recent one?

hastings

I don't like taking pictures of myself. i took a very decent one about 8 years ago but used it for legal documents so not using that! lol

i don't like how i currently look (though loads of members of the public have recently said i look 5-10 years younger than i am!)

i like my privacy and a current pic people would def id me as i work in the public eye in the town center.

i have a potato for a phone. seriously. it doesnt even have a camera!

just feel off as i've only met 5 people for a total of 8 meets from here in 5 years, all of which were with a blank picture. had this pic up about 2 months and no female likes or messages even though the pic itself is very nice from the reaction it got in 2007.

thank you for the text comment and your general reply knew pic would always be an issue, but better an old pic than a cock or blank one? xx

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

[Removed by poster at 29/04/22 09:39:27]

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"I don't like taking pictures of myself. i took a very decent one about 8 years ago but used it for legal documents so not using that! lol

i don't like how i currently look (though loads of members of the public have recently said i look 5-10 years younger than i am!)

i like my privacy and a current pic people would def id me as i work in the public eye in the town center.

just feel off as i've only met 5 people for a total of 8 meets from here in 5 years, all of which were with a blank picture. had this pic up about 2 months and no female likes or messages even though the pic itself is very nice from the reaction it got in 2007.

thank you for the text comment and your general reply knew pic would always be an issue, but better an old pic than a cock or blank one? xx"

That 15 year old photo thing is going to put a lot of people off.

People will want to see what someone looks like now, not 15 years ago. It's almost Catfishing!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You say if you put up a current pic locals would recognise you which means you think no one will recognise you from the 15 year old pic which means it is pointless using it as it looks nothing like you. I would much prefer to see a full, clothed body shot with your head cropped off than something so old it doesn't look at all like you

Leeds

" knew pic would always be an issue, but better an old pic than a cock or blank one? xx"

There are other types of pic besides old, blank and cock !

Also, it's unusual for a young professional to have a potato for a phone.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Jumping in on this, if that's OK, any advice on mine greatly received. Its so hard writing about yourself!

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Jumping in on this, if that's OK, any advice on mine greatly received. Its so hard writing about yourself! "

You need your own thread

hastings

"You say if you put up a current pic locals would recognise you which means you think no one will recognise you from the 15 year old pic which means it is pointless using it as it looks nothing like you. I would much prefer to see a full, clothed body shot with your head cropped off than something so old it doesn't look at all like you"

im not unrecognizable, but you wouldn't guess at first glance as face is rounder and i shave my head now. but if a headless body pic like you suggest is acceptable, that is something i will do. thank you x

Leeds

"if a headless body pic like you suggest is acceptable, that is something i will do. thank you x"

My headless, clothed profile pic has been fabbed 6346 times so it's obviously acceptable !

hastings

" it's unusual for a young professional to have a potato for a phone. "

not really. im distrusting of smartphones, and phones break often with dirt on site, or wrestling someone to the ground.

also i am clumsy and by reflex have tried to catch my phone with my foot when its dropped more than once, forgetting im wearing steel toecaps and launch the phone lol at £10 a pop or whatever, i can break dozens of potato phones for the price of a single smartphone.

hastings

"if a headless body pic like you suggest is acceptable, that is something i will do. thank you x

My headless, clothed profile pic has been fabbed 6346 times so it's obviously acceptable !"

your legs and chest are far sexier than mine but point taken xx

Leeds

I am very curious what your profession is. You work on site in the centre of town evenings and weekends, wearing steel toe cap boots. You shout at people and wrestle them to the ground. Members of the public tell you that you look 10 -15 years younger than your age. Are you a bouncer ?

Poole

"I don't like taking pictures of myself. i took a very decent one about 8 years ago but used it for legal documents so not using that! lol

thank you for the text comment and your general reply knew pic would always be an issue, but better an old pic than a cock or blank one? xx"

As others have mentioned old pics aren't popular here and you can put other pics up that don't have to show your face. Think of your profile as your shop window. If you're not showing what you actually look like now it's technically "false advertising"

Good luck!

Poole

"Jumping in on this, if that's OK, any advice on mine greatly received. Its so hard writing about yourself! "

Start your own thread not jump on others

Face pic would put me off.

You don't need one on show but have a recent one that you can send to people.

It was tough getting through your bio. There's things you can cut down on and personally for me the lack of capitals for I and place names etc is a bit of a pet hate.

"Jumping in on this, if that's OK, any advice on mine greatly received. Its so hard writing about yourself!

Start your own thread not jump on others "

I have done just that

hastings

"I am very curious what your profession is."

yes slash security slash supervisor. though im trying to leave the industry now as its just so bad

Leeds

"

It was tough getting through your bio. There's things you can cut down on and personally for me the lack of capitals for I and place names etc is a bit of a pet hate. "

Good point. The only capitals are in the word HIGHLY. None at all in the rest of the profile.

hastings

"personally for me the lack of capitals for I and place names etc is a bit of a pet hate. "

You are right and agree. Honestly not sure why I left it so slapdash as I'm quite anal about that tbh. Maybe I've become too reliant on Word's autocorrect but now you mention it, I have seen more forums recently not using the autocorrect. Either way, noted and edited ty x

If you are going to meet someone they will see you anyway..

I keep my face pics private..

And only send in messages & then remove..

If it's someone you know...Well you then know they are on here too..

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

No pictures would be a no

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Currently no public pics so (a) our filters ought to prevent you messaging us and (b) if you did message us we'd simply delete it. Sorry.

(Bry)

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Massive no if you don't have a current face pic.

Profile is far too long.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

You do really need some real public pics op ,that profile one you have is pretty pointless as you can't see anything.

As sally said use a clothed photo if you prefer ,but you will need an up to date face pic got potential meets to consider you.

We all have jobs/private lives away from here and most of us have a face pic in friends or private .

Miss

» Add a new message to this topic