FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Cap d'Agde By Train.

Cap d'Agde By Train.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bflirty OP   Couple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Has anyone diene the journeys from London to Cap d'Agde by train? What went right and what went wrong? Looking for tips for August x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

Bookmark

By *orkcoastguyMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

Not an answer to your question but some friends went to the Cap some years ago with Harris coaches

Unfortunately they had a bad crash on the Autoroute and had to be cut free by the local fire brigade.

They enjoyed their holiday but opted to return home via plane.

Their lick wasn't in and the aircraft crashed on take off.

Lo and behold the fire brigade turned up to cut them free and yes, it was the same crew.......

Milton Keynes

Bloody hell that sounds dreadful! Never even thought of coaching it. Might be a plan.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone diene the journeys from London to Cap d'Agde by train? What went right and what went wrong? Looking for tips for August x"

No but sounds like a great adventure!

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

We have gone previously , and are going on the train again in June; it’s by far the most relaxing way to go (1st class on the tgv is very affordable) there are plenty of direct trains from Paris to Agde then 10 minute taxi to the village.

We found door-to-door for us (SW London) was quicker than flying from Luton

By *leasureseekers123Couple  over a year ago

Hythe

We used to go by train as we live 15 minutes from the Eurostar. Unfortunately since Covid they don’t stop near us anymore.

Our first time by train involved a stop at Lille. There was a 6 hour delay and we ended up arriving about 10 at night rather than late afternoon. So our first day was a washout.

Obviously delays can happen however you travel but it is something to be aware of. At least at an airport you can pay for a lounge and relax. At the time (20 years ago!) Lille station was pretty grim!

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"We have gone previously , and are going on the train again in June; it’s by far the most relaxing way to go (1st class on the tgv is very affordable) there are plenty of direct trains from Paris to Agde then 10 minute taxi to the village.

We found door-to-door for us (SW London) was quicker than flying from Luton "

Worth knowing esp with the current amount of flight cancellations

Back in the day, up to the mid 1990s.

Hovercraft Dover to Boulogne, motorrail sleeping car train from Boulogne to Narbonne. Then a short drive to the resort.

One of the great holiday memories I have.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

If you go from London to Calais and change you can get a direct train to adge from Calais,there’s a bus from adge to the gate at cap dage,or a taxi is the best way.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

What I did was walk into Calais have something to eat and then walk back to get my train.

By *estlondonladMan  over a year ago

Hammersmith

Yes I've done the London - Agde train journey a few times for to a fear of flying!! I knows it is a long journey but very enjoyable especially the tgv from Paris to Agde. Takes about six hours, double decker with a cafe that you can sit in briefly. Take a book and watch a couple of films etc and you'll be naked in no time at all!!!

By *tagAndVixen18Couple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Hi, we love the train journey and will be doing it in 2 weeks.

We do Sheffield to London and then Eurostar to Paris. (We’re having an overnight in Paris to see friends this time). Then the early train to Agde

Paris to Agde takes about 4 hours and is great. As someone mentioned earlier its really affordable to do 1st class. Plus you can get a railcard for a few euros which gives you 30% off for 2

Scenery is beautiful and the trains have a restaurant/bar on them

If you want any more info just drop us a message x

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

"If you go from London to Calais and change you can get a direct train to adge from Calais,there’s a bus from adge to the gate at cap dage,or a taxi is the best way. "

From Calais and not via Paris?

Milton Keynes

I was unable to find a Calais direct train.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Has anyone diene the journeys from London to Cap d'Agde by train? What went right and what went wrong? Looking for tips for August x"

As a European travel consultant in a former life… I would say if you are going to the south of France by train, try finding a train where you can change at Lille rather than Paris for 2 reasons…

1) Lille Europe would just be cross platform

2) changing trains and getting across Paris can be… in the nicest of terms… a fucking nightmare!!!

Also… buy tickets right thru, rather than ticket splitting, thru tickets are covered for delays if one part runs late!!

"Not an answer to your question but some friends went to the Cap some years ago with Harris coaches

Unfortunately they had a bad crash on the Autoroute and had to be cut free by the local fire brigade.

They enjoyed their holiday but opted to return home via plane.

Their lick wasn't in and the aircraft crashed on take off.

Lo and behold the fire brigade turned up to cut them free and yes, it was the same crew......."

Well that's a cheery story and a half! Have they left the house since?

By *uffintwoCouple  over a year ago

Gerrards Cross

We did it about ten years ago. Not the TGV but the Eurostar (in high season they had a direct service that stopped at Avignon). Train journey fantastic but car hire pick up at Avignon a nightmare. Not like at airport with constant flow of flights. Don't recommend only because of car hire.

I believe you can get TGV to Agde, change at Paris.

By *uicyfruit4000Couple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Has anyone diene the journeys from London to Cap d'Agde by train? What went right and what went wrong? Looking for tips for August x

As a European travel consultant in a former life… I would say if you are going to the south of France by train, try finding a train where you can change at Lille rather than Paris for 2 reasons…

2) changing trains and getting across Paris can be… in the nicest of terms… a fucking nightmare!!!

Also… buy tickets right thru, rather than ticket splitting, thru tickets are covered for delays if one part runs late!!"

Did this in 2019, changed at Paris from Eurostar to sleeper. Just finding the metro in the station and getting a ticket was so complicated! Made me really appreciate how simple the tube is.

If you do have to change at Paris get a taxi between stations ie from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon.

Check out manatseat61 dot com he is the font of all long distance trains knowledge! ( not a fab name haha

By *ogNMuseCouple  over a year ago

Surrey / SW London

"Has anyone diene the journeys from London to Cap d'Agde by train? What went right and what went wrong? Looking for tips for August x

Also… buy tickets right thru, rather than ticket splitting, thru tickets are covered for delays if one part runs late!!

Did this in 2019, changed at Paris from Eurostar to sleeper. Just finding the metro in the station and getting a ticket was so complicated! Made me really appreciate how simple the tube is.

If you do have to change at Paris get a taxi between stations ie from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon.

Check out manatseat61 dot com he is the font of all long distance trains knowledge! ( not a fab name haha "

It'll take you longer to get out of the station to the taxi rank (+ queues!) than it takes on the metro - 8 minutes I think it is Nord to Lyon

We got the train there so few years ago n the train broke down so all passengers got off n pushed the train ..got to cap knackered

» Add a new message to this topic