FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Clubs and parties

Clubs and parties

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ruetothis OP   Man  over a year ago

UK

As a lot of clubs encourage couples over a single male like myself, looking for people to go with…what would be your advice or just message people on the forums going / social drinks before over just turning up solo as find that a bit awkward at the start

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never understood why people feel awkward going alone. I’ve loved going to clubs as both a single and a couple. Also parties.. went to several and each time I was the only single guy that actually turned up. Had a great time

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Never understood why people feel awkward going alone. I’ve loved going to clubs as both a single and a couple. Also parties.. went to several and each time I was the only single guy that actually turned up. Had a great time"

It comes down to who is in when you are. If you’re fortunate enough to find a couple interested in a single guy, then yes, you can have a great night. Mostly though, it’s just couples looking for other couples, which is fair enough. I’ll give it an hour or so, but if I’m feeling like a gatecrasher I’m out of there

By * lolita xWoman  over a year ago

Blackpool

Just go on your own. It’s not scary

If you go to a club that hosts a "greedy girls" night you'll find single guys are encouraged.

People tend to forget that swinging is a social activity. Attend clubs and just start chatting. If you're wary of approaching couples then get chatting to the staff. Any club worth its salt will have friendly, bubbly staff that can assist with "ice breaking" and introductions.

Penrith

"If you go to a club that hosts a "greedy girls" night you'll find single guys are encouraged.

People tend to forget that swinging is a social activity. Attend clubs and just start chatting. If you're wary of approaching couples then get chatting to the staff. Any club worth its salt will have friendly, bubbly staff that can assist with "ice breaking" and introductions. "

After visiting several clubs in the North, and reading various threads in the forum, I do get the feeling clubs in the South are more single guy friendly, particularly from as you say; “any club worth its salt will have friendly, bubbly staff to assist”……

By *elkieWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Read the club reviews from single guys. Use the club tour to get to know the staff member giving it.

I generally put a status up before a club visit and a lot of people use that as a chance to start a conversation so we know to look out for each other. Go with the intention of talking to everyone, not just the people you might fancy, and the goal of making friends, not just getting your dick wet. I’d strongly recommend a mid-week event for a first, if you can.

I don’t get why you need a social before you go to the club? Clubs are there for social.

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

"As a lot of clubs encourage couples over a single male like myself, looking for people to go with…what would be your advice or just message people on the forums going / social drinks before over just turning up solo as find that a bit awkward at the start "

Keep an eye on the Scottish forum for social meets posted before CJs events, they seem to be really good ice breakers as you can get to know folk in a more familiar environment before heading to the club and then have friendly faces once there to show you the ropes.

UK

I’ve been looking at these. Thanks for the help!

UK

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.

Lots of single women and couples enjoy the company of a well dressed and friendly guy at clubs. The MAMs (middle-aged-marrieds) that skulk around the edges sulking that nobody has banged them yet don't tend to enjoy their night very much, but a younger and friendly single guy who is there to chat and make friends will likely have a good and sociable night.

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

The friendly older men do OK too. The key is being friendly and making an effort.

Penrith

"Never understood why people feel awkward going alone. I’ve loved going to clubs as both a single and a couple. Also parties.. went to several and each time I was the only single guy that actually turned up. Had a great time"

It all depends on who is in the club when you visit, and how good the staff are at making a newbie feel welcome and included. I’ve never been to Amigos, but from bouncing around your veris and club reviews, it sounds like a genuinely friendly place

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I can't think of anything more awkward than attending a club with someone I don't know/barely know

Clubs are friendly places lots of couples and singles attend clubs purely to seek out single guys so I don't understand why single guys make such a big deal out of attending solo

You rarely see single women posting statuses like this yet plenty of single women attend clubs alone myself included

The scariest part is the unknown once you're inside you'll be fine

The owners/hosts will show you around introduce you to regulars tell you some dos and donts

I usually try and attend on a newbie night for the first time something midweek when it's likely to be quiet as I can get a feel for the place, talk to the staff, find my feet & feel comfortable without any pressure to play, if I play I play if I don't I've always still had a good night

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

"Never understood why people feel awkward going alone. I’ve loved going to clubs as both a single and a couple. Also parties.. went to several and each time I was the only single guy that actually turned up. Had a great time

It all depends on who is in the club when you visit, and how good the staff are at making a newbie feel welcome and included. I’ve never been to Amigos, but from bouncing around your veris and club reviews, it sounds like a genuinely friendly place "

I've only ever been welcomed extremely well as have the ppl that I've seen being shown around the clubs. I used to go to the same clubs as you in the North West, could it be your attitude or how you acted? There's plenty of greedy girls nights etc where single men are "needed". Just a thought

Penrith

"Never understood why people feel awkward going alone. I’ve loved going to clubs as both a single and a couple. Also parties.. went to several and each time I was the only single guy that actually turned up. Had a great time

It all depends on who is in the club when you visit, and how good the staff are at making a newbie feel welcome and included. I’ve never been to Amigos, but from bouncing around your veris and club reviews, it sounds like a genuinely friendly place

I've only ever been welcomed extremely well as have the ppl that I've seen being shown around the clubs. I used to go to the same clubs as you in the North West, could it be your attitude or how you acted? There's plenty of greedy girls nights etc where single men are "needed". Just a thought "

I never visited any club with anything other than an open mind and an air of nervousness at not knowing a soul inside, but interested to see what all the club reviews and forum threads described was all about. What I observed, is the focus and attention is centred around the ladies, be they on their own, or as part of a couple. I can honestly say, as a single guy, once you’ve paid your entry fee, you’re instantly forgotten, unless you ask for a tour, but after that, you are on your own.

I’ve enjoyed a very different reception when I’ve visited with a play partner, which is nice, but also disappointing, as there’s nothing different about me being on my own, or as part of a couple.

Perhaps I should have put more effort in to growing boobs when I was younger……..

Fucksville

I've only ever been welcomed extremely well as have the ppl that I've seen being shown around the clubs. I used to go to the same clubs as you in the North West, could it be your attitude or how you acted? There's plenty of greedy girls nights etc where single men are "needed". Just a thought

I never visited any club with anything other than an open mind and an air of nervousness at not knowing a soul inside, but interested to see what all the club reviews and forum threads described was all about. What I observed, is the focus and attention is centred around the ladies, be they on their own, or as part of a couple. I can honestly say, as a single guy, once you’ve paid your entry fee, you’re instantly forgotten, unless you ask for a tour, but after that, you are on your own.

I’ve enjoyed a very different reception when I’ve visited with a play partner, which is nice, but also disappointing, as there’s nothing different about me being on my own, or as part of a couple.

Perhaps I should have put more effort in to growing boobs when I was younger…….. "

I've just read through 4 of the clubs in the North West latest reviews on here. Only one negative one and that was from a woman. I find that in clubs, much as in life, you only get out of it what you put in. If clubs were as negative to men attending, such as you suggest, then why do men continue to visit?

[Removed by poster at 26/06/22 19:44:29]

"As a lot of clubs encourage couples over a single male like myself, looking for people to go with…what would be your advice or just message people on the forums going / social drinks before over just turning up solo as find that a bit awkward at the start "

Hmm. Cannot speak for club yet but I have attended a fair amount of parties. Honestly, I would personally avoid parties unless you have someone to go with or know someone who is attending.

Penrith

Perhaps I should have put more effort in to growing boobs when I was younger……..

I've just read through 4 of the clubs in the North West latest reviews on here. Only one negative one and that was from a woman. I find that in clubs, much as in life, you only get out of it what you put in. If clubs were as negative to men attending, such as you suggest, then why do men continue to visit? "

I can only speak from my experiences, my last one being Club Play in December, which made my mind up to not visit any other clubs as a single guy again (my review is there if you scroll back, and was honest, not negative).

I get a lot out of life outside of clubs, which is why I prefer using Fab to find likeminded friendly people to share fun with

By *igG86Man  over a year ago

Godmanchester

"Lots of single women and couples enjoy the company of a well dressed and friendly guy at clubs. The MAMs (middle-aged-marrieds) that skulk around the edges sulking that nobody has banged them yet don't tend to enjoy their night very much, but a younger and friendly single guy who is there to chat and make friends will likely have a good and sociable night."

I concur with this statement, I recently went to a club and had the intention of chatting to people, I endeed up getting with a lovely couple and enjoyed the woman. I also made some new friends as well so be friendly and just go to chat with people.

Fucksville

"Lots of single women and couples enjoy the company of a well dressed and friendly guy at clubs. The MAMs (middle-aged-marrieds) that skulk around the edges sulking that nobody has banged them yet don't tend to enjoy their night very much, but a younger and friendly single guy who is there to chat and make friends will likely have a good and sociable night.

I concur with this statement, I recently went to a club and had the intention of chatting to people, I endeed up getting with a lovely couple and enjoyed the woman. I also made some new friends as well so be friendly and just go to chat with people."

My thoughts exactly

Penrith

"Lots of single women and couples enjoy the company of a well dressed and friendly guy at clubs. The MAMs (middle-aged-marrieds) that skulk around the edges sulking that nobody has banged them yet don't tend to enjoy their night very much, but a younger and friendly single guy who is there to chat and make friends will likely have a good and sociable night.

I concur with this statement, I recently went to a club and had the intention of chatting to people, I endeed up getting with a lovely couple and enjoyed the woman. I also made some new friends as well so be friendly and just go to chat with people."

From your profile veri it sounds like you have visited that club several times? Was your above comment your first time experience, or the result of a number of visits?

» Add a new message to this topic