FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Sent Messages

Sent Messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.DickyFitzwell.. OP   Man  over a year ago

Colchester

What’s the deal with reading the message and then marking as unread?

The mail system only allows delete all or delete read messages?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally speaking if I’m reading messages and think some have potential then I’ll mark them as unread so I can reread them when I have time.

What don’t you like about this facility?

"What’s the deal with reading the message and then marking as unread?

"

You have partially answered the question yourself.

If you read it and don't want to delete it when you delete all read messages, marking it as unread will mean you keep it...

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Everyone marks unread for their own reasons, whether that's to read it when they have time to respond properly or because just not dignified it with a response isn't enough or any other reason. You just won't know the individual's reason.

Delete your sent messages or just don't look if it bothers you.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

There's two of us. We're not joined at the hip 24/7.

If I read a message and want Fox to read it later I'll mark it unread.

If its crap or from someone we'd never be interested in it'll get deleted.

Worry only about replies. You can't control what happens to a message once you've hit send.

A

"

They are just being sneaky as polite way of rejecting you, or waiting till later for their other half to see or to just respond when they have time.

I may do the is for a number of reasons.

A couple of examples ....

Because I'm short on time and just peeping online for a moment, and feel a response may take longer than the time I have.

I may feel there's potential, or I'm unsure and leaving it there to show Mrs at the first opportunity, for her opinion.

There are more reasons I may do this.

My advice though, is to ignore your outbox, it's your inbox that matters.

What they choose to do with any messages revived is no importance to you, unless they choose to reply.

"

"

Give us the juice

Isn't it the same as your email inbox? Sometimes you read an email, then set it to unread so you can deal with it at a later date?

This seems like normal behaviour

"

Give us the juice"

A couple more ......

It's late, or again not a lot of time, and I feel this may lead to a prolonged conversation, I may put it off so I can get to bed, and carry on or begin the conversation the following day.

I may be distracted at the time, be that receiving a phonecall, or the kids waking, an unexpected guest or another reason pulling me away from the site.

There are many reasons people may do this, though again, what they do is of no concern, your/our concern is the inbox.

"Isn't it the same as your email inbox? Sometimes you read an email, then set it to unread so you can deal with it at a later date?

This seems like normal behaviour"

It is perfectly normal behaviour, but when a guy has an erection and gagging to use it, often, all logic goes out of the window.

"

Give us the juice"

It can also be ......

Oh for goodness sake, really?

I'll come back to that when I can be bothered.

As I tend to at least try to respond to all, and sometimes the first message is eye rolling.

"

Give us the juice

It can also be ......

Oh for goodness sake, really?

I'll come back to that when I can be bothered.

As I tend to at least try to respond to all, and sometimes the first message is eye rolling.

"

Thank you for being honest

Colchester

Thanks for the comments, it looks as though that facility works for well for couples and I get that.

Normal email systems allow individual messages to be deleted but the FAB system only has the facility for all massages or all read messages

I have several sent messages that have not been read and lots that have been read and marked as unread. Some are very old and not likely to be read so want to delete those ones and not the ones just sent. Be nice to highlight and delete the ones that are not wanted anymore.

Does a deleted sent message get deleted from the receiver’s inbox if I delete it?

"Thanks for the comments, it looks as though that facility works for well for couples and I get that.

Normal email systems allow individual messages to be deleted but the FAB system only has the facility for all massages or all read messages

I have several sent messages that have not been read and lots that have been read and marked as unread. Some are very old and not likely to be read so want to delete those ones and not the ones just sent. Be nice to highlight and delete the ones that are not wanted anymore.

Does a deleted sent message get deleted from the receiver’s inbox if I delete it?

"

You can simply select and delete any individual message you've sent or received - I don't understand what your problem is with your inbox or your sent items? Also, why does this only apply to couples?

If your messages are unread after several weeks, there's a good chance the person isn't interested in you, or has too much email to deal with so they leave them, or in our case, we sometimes go back to them when we have time/want to speak to the sender at a later date.

Time is basically your issue here - people are busy, and some profiles get hundreds of messages so yours sink without trace. If you delete them from your end, I'm pretty sure that does NOT delete them from the recipients mailbox.

By *outhEastPaulMan  over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

Interesting thread and certainly gives some food for thought

Colchester

The sent messages and the inbox are the same thing.

Unless I am missing something you can’t delete a single message from the sent messages unless its been read?

The only other option is: Bulk delete sent messages: Delete all, Delete all read

You can however delete individual message from the Read messages and Saved messages folder once they have been read, and also mark as unread from the read messages folder.

But as I said I have a load of old sent messages which haven’t been read, and more than likely wont be but if delete all of them I won’t know who I sent the message too recently!

"The sent messages and the inbox are the same thing.

Unless I am missing something you can’t delete a single message from the sent messages unless its been read?

You don’t have to read a message to be able to delete it.

Also how would you know if someone has read it and marked it as unread?

It’s really hard to keep on top of mail when you have a lot to get through and unfortunately the older ones get pushed further down as the new ones come in.

I’d just delete the ones you’ve sent that haven’t been read.

If you message them again by accident a yellow warning banner pops up if they didn’t answer the first time.

"

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"The sent messages and the inbox are the same thing.

The only other option is: Bulk delete sent messages: Delete all, Delete all read

You can however delete individual message from the Read messages and Saved messages folder once they have been read, and also mark as unread from the read messages folder.

But as I said I have a load of old sent messages which haven’t been read, and more than likely wont be but if delete all of them I won’t know who I sent the message too recently!

"

Nope.

Whether you're using the mobile or the desktop version you can delete individual messages.

Just open your sent mail. on the right side you'll see a trashcan (under a number if you're a site supporter, which is the total number of messages in a thread). Tap that and the individual message or message trail is deleted.

Simples.

A

By *alcoxMan  over a year ago

Cambs

You have a point, I will adapt this style of messaging

Colchester

"

Also how would you know if someone has read it and marked it as unread?

"

Not prepared to reveal how i know, but i have worked out a way

Colchester

"Nope.

Whether you're using the mobile or the desktop version you can delete individual messages.

Just open your sent mail. on the right side you'll see a trashcan (under a number if you're a site supporter, which is the total number of messages in a thread). Tap that and the individual message or message trail is deleted.

Simples.

A"

That’s a trash can....!

So that’s what that is.

Well i will go the foot of my stairs.

Just tried it and it only works.

Thanks Obi_fox, you learn something every day, it is simples after all

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Nope.

Simples.

A That’s a trash can....!

So that’s what that is.

Well i will go the foot of my stairs.

Just tried it and it only works.

Thanks Obi_fox, you learn something every day, it is simples after all

"

No worries.

It looks fuck all like a trash can so you definitely won't be the first to have not seen it.

A

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Maybe busy in between doing things

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

As a couple it's useful so that when one of us has read it the other will know they haven't.

I'm still baffled by the complexity of this thread! I just click the little trash can button and delete individual messages!

"I'm still baffled by the complexity of this thread! I just click the little trash can button and delete individual messages!"

The OP wasn't aware that was an option, he is now.

By *hisismeXXXMan  over a year ago

Welsh Wales

Because

That’s all really.

It’s now the recipient manages their account, nothing more nothing less and it’s not something you can influence so why worry about it?

"Because

That’s all really.

It’s now the recipient manages their account, nothing more nothing less and it’s not something you can influence so why worry about it?"

There's nothing wrong with seeking understanding, in fact it should be encouraged.

Welsh Wales

"Because

That’s all really.

It’s now the recipient manages their account, nothing more nothing less and it’s not something you can influence so why worry about it?

There's nothing wrong with seeking understanding, in fact it should be encouraged. "

I agree but there’s nothing to understand . The only people who can offer understanding are the ones who are marking messages unread - and each case will be different due to circumstances so sometimes it’s simply not worth puzzling over.

By *anted by NightMan  over a year ago

Shangri-la

"Isn't it the same as your email inbox? Sometimes you read an email, then set it to unread so you can deal with it at a later date?

This seems like normal behaviour

It is perfectly normal behaviour, but when a guy has an erection and gagging to use it, often, all logic goes out of the window. "

By *onfuciusMan  over a year ago

Romsey

This feature alluded me for a long time. It's obvious when you know but it definitely doesn't do a good enough job of looking like a trash can

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"

You can delete unread too just not all at once... Why bother, just ignore or delete sent, as you go, instead of torturing yourself about it

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

We can only reiterate what has been said. Primarily we mark as unread as so we can reply when we have both read the message and have time to reply. Sometimes we bulk delete older messages so again we mark unread. x

By *avandPennyCouple  over a year ago

Wigan

We Mark as unread when one of us has read the message but not the other.

"Because

That’s all really.

There's nothing wrong with seeking understanding, in fact it should be encouraged.

I agree but there’s nothing to understand . The only people who can offer understanding are the ones who are marking messages unread - and each case will be different due to circumstances so sometimes it’s simply not worth puzzling over."

There are several examples in this post to help understanding.

Welsh Wales

[Removed by poster at 31/03/23 10:40:19]

Welsh Wales

"Because

That’s all really.

I agree but there’s nothing to understand . The only people who can offer understanding are the ones who are marking messages unread - and each case will be different due to circumstances so sometimes it’s simply not worth puzzling over.

There are several examples in this post to help understanding. "

But unless one of those examples is actually from someone who marked the OPs message as unread then they don’t answer his original thoughts and are irrelevant.

Ultimately everybody manages their inbox differently and in my eyes it’s absolutely pointless trying to figure out things like that. You obviously think differently about it so fair enough, this isn’t a right or wrong scenario.

"Because

That’s all really.

There are several examples in this post to help understanding.

But unless one of those examples is actually from someone who marked the OPs message as unread then they don’t answer his original thoughts and are irrelevant.

Ultimately everybody manages their inbox differently and in my eyes it’s absolutely pointless trying to figure out things like that. You obviously think differently about it so fair enough, this isn’t a right or wrong scenario.

"

But still, although he may not know their particular reason, it allows for an open mind to recognise and understand there are reasons that may add up, and therefore offer comfort that it's not necessarily a reflection upon the sender.

He's done right asking for understanding.

» Add a new message to this topic