FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Blocked. Unfairly?

Blocked. Unfairly?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ldbutrandy OP   Man  over a year ago

Walsall

I contacted a couple earlier today. I rarely get replies, as is expected on here ( not complaining) I understand single women and couples can get inundated with messages. So. I sent my message and trotted of to take a shower , shave and a shhh...al I just get to my point ?

By the time I logged back on . I'd received a reply . Asking for a face pic. Fair enough I thought. But I couldn't reply as I'd been blocked

Now I get they have the choice to do that. But a 30 minutes wait ?

Probably did me a favour to be honest.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Take it as a time saving method. You didn't waste your time sending picture to people too impatient to wait for you to shower. So you win.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nowt stranger than folk, and that's evident on this site.

We all do things, use the sites tools (or not) the way that suits us.

Don't let it bother you, just move on.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well people are strange and this site attracts them ?? and does sort of make our point that we make and upset a fair few making it ...That Couples can be and are sometimes far worse than the single males ( ignorant/rude/impatient/demanding this and that and thinking everyone has no life and so sat around waiting for ...)

Walsall

"Take it as a time saving method. You didn't waste your time sending picture to people too impatient to wait for you to shower. So you win."

Good point , my thoughts exactly. I've gotten past the point where my dick overrules my brain lol ( mostly )

If they're like that. They're not my type of people.

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Probably did me a favour to be honest. "

^^The only answer that matters ^^

As nice as it may have been to know why you were blocked, you were never destined to be compatible. Such is life and plenty more around

Walsall

" Well people are strange and this site attracts them ?? and does sort of make our point that we make and upset a fair few making it ...That Couples can be and are sometimes far worse than the single males ( ignorant/rude/impatient/demanding this and that and thinking everyone has no life and so sat around waiting for ...) "

As I've said. I feel sympathy for anyone having to sift through dozens of

Messages. Most coming from guy's that haven't even read the profile.

I agree though , a little consideration isn't too much to ask for.

Walsall

"Probably did me a favour to be honest.

^^The only answer that matters ^^

As nice as it may have been to know why you were blocked, you were never destined to be compatible. Such is life and plenty more around "

I doubt there's plenty lol

But you're right. Nothing lost.

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

no blocking is unfair it alway has its reason ...best tool on fab is the block button

somerset

nobody owes anybody anything this whole scene is based on selection and rejection

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

It's a few years ago now. But I remember getting a message from a guy on here.

The message was fairly well written but he wasn't really for us.

I was just about to write the "thanks but no thanks" message when another one from him popped into the mailbox. This time slagging us off for not replying and saying he had blocked us.

Time between the two messages? Probably just over 5 minutes, certainly under 10.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

They did you a favour op

Showed their true colours

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

might have been a fake profile anyway?

the trash took itself out, good you didn't waste any more time on them.

Plenty timewasters here send message and no reply how rude only a yes or no suffices

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

"Plenty timewasters here send message and no reply how rude only a yes or no suffices"

Site guidelines say no response is a response

People with popular profiles don't have time to reply to everyone. Replying means that if they change their filters later that person can still message them, and most no thank yous sent out result in either a hounding for why or general abuse.

They're not wasting time by not replying

By *ife is sweetMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’ve had similar myself, I understand that women and couples must get loads of messages daily, if it’s a no thanks then I leave it at that, I’ve blocked a few just so I don’t message the same people again at a later date, although I do think some people think others must be on here 24/7 and expect replies instantly

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

It happens a lot just move on take time to find people that like you for what you are

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Chippenham

This morning we had a message from a single guy, a polite and well written message, he then had sent a second message with a face pic. Mr opened the message then left it for me to reply to when I logged on later. In the meantime he sent a 3rd message saying that we were f**king rude. I then asked why, apparently we were rude for blanking him. I wished him a happy Sunday and blocked him. That trash certainly took its self out.

By *ndisMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Mrs B its your fault! You clearly should have returned the message quicker!

"Plenty timewasters here send message and no reply how rude only a yes or no suffices"

Expecting a reply because you've messaged a stranger, and not receiving that reply.

The problem here isn't time wasters, but self entitlement.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Plenty timewasters here send message and no reply how rude only a yes or no suffices

Expecting a reply because you've messaged a stranger, and not receiving that reply.

The problem here isn't time wasters, but self entitlement. "

I’m not saying that this applies in this case but especially so when that person’s profile shows they’re not looking for them, either age, location, gender etc. why do people expect replies even after blasting through the warning triangle ?

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Chippenham

"Mrs B its your fault! You clearly should have returned the message quicker! "

Shame that I hadn't been ruder still and deleted without a reply.

"Plenty timewasters here send message and no reply how rude only a yes or no suffices

I’m not saying that this applies in this case but especially so when that person’s profile shows they’re not looking for them, either age, location, gender etc. why do people expect replies even after blasting through the warning triangle ? "

Don't get me wrong, we do tend to reply.

It can be equally frustrating though, when our profile expresses what we seek, all the details there, then someone ten years out of our age zone message us suggesting things completely out of sync with our profile, or asking questions that are already spelt out in our profile. *Sighs*

Yes, we can use age filters, and if it becomes such an irritation, we will, but we like to keep them open so we can converse with people through the forum.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

I’m not saying that this applies in this case but especially so when that person’s profile shows they’re not looking for them, either age, location, gender etc. why do people expect replies even after blasting through the warning triangle ?

It can be equally frustrating though, when our profile expresses what we seek, all the details there, then someone ten years out of our age zone message us suggesting things completely out of sync with our profile, or asking questions that are already spelt out in our profile. *Sighs*

Yes, we can use age filters, and if it becomes such an irritation, we will, but we like to keep them open so we can converse with people through the forum. "

Exactly , I don’t want to filter out all single men, I’ve had some lovely chats with some guys but the expectation that I should reply to all really frustrates me

Yes, we can use age filters, and if it becomes such an irritation, we will, but we like to keep them open so we can converse with people through the forum.

Exactly , I don’t want to filter out all single men, I’ve had some lovely chats with some guys but the expectation that I should reply to all really frustrates me "

I find, in some cases, where one calls another a time waster for not answering.

It's often because they've not read the profile or ignore what's on the bio, made no effort on their own and messaged anyway.

The real time waster here is the sender.

By *aul_j80Man  over a year ago

Bloxwich

It is what it is, a little while ago a couple on here were organising a group meet for a Friday evening, on the day there was a really bad storm, so they cancelled, which is fair, they wanted to reschedule for the next day, however I already had other plans, so politely told them I couldn't make it, then I get blocked.

By *andB14Couple  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Don’t get it either. Also don’t understand why people wink and you say hi and get no reply.

By *heoneandonlyEJCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

You know you can block a profile after they’ve blocked you? So then they won’t be unable to unblock you and see or message you.

By *s-two-75Couple  over a year ago

We are guilty of blocking profiles once read, if the person is not for us as it save us both the time.

However we tend to reply first.. unlesss it starts with “hey babe/sexy/similar” as it shows they simply have not read the profile..

Sorry not sorry

somerset

people need to stop seeing the block button as a negative thing ...its a tool a very good one at that use properly it can make your fab life so much easier ..i only meet guys on fab so im not going to mass block them with a filter when so many guys are fine i just pre block those i have zero interest in and those that abused me or stupid status and so on ...its a tool that all it is nothing to feel negative about

I had a message from a man i had never interacted with before saying sorry I need to block you

No reason, bit odd but my block list is very long

By *an1978Woman  over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I'm pretty picky, and advocate blocking even as a handy way to clean up your feed and nearby.

But I'm still always surprised to find I've been noticed enough to be blocked by anyone.

But if you're blocked don't take it personally!!

Even if it is personal.. move on

I'd consider it a lucky escape and that they'd done you a favour.

I had something similar the other week, though instead of a block, I got a sarcastic message because I hadn't replied immediately.

Some people need to realise that we all have lives and that we might be right in the middle of something when they message.

» Add a new message to this topic