FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Party deposit returned?

Party deposit returned?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tra vida OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kettering

We paid a deposit, for apparent good reason, for a party organised by a well verified user on here to be held end of December. The party was cancelled and we asked that the deposit was put towards another party they were hosting early January. This was subsequently cancelled.

We have written to them via here and their hotmail account and keep receiving placating messages but still no refund. We know of one other site member in the same boat with no refund received.

Is there anybody else in the same situation? It would be helpful to know if we have to pursue further.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Scammed perhaps?

Read a thread earlier this week apparently a scam.

By *witch mix vanillaCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Why pay a deposit for a party?

Would never do that, pay on the night

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"Why pay a deposit for a party?

Would never do that, pay on the night"

Scammed. Never pay a penny before. Guess the only time this becomes blurred is a hotel meet?

"Why pay a deposit for a party?

Would never do that, pay on the night"

All parties we have been to require payment up front. This secures your place.

Then again, have never paid for a party thrown by someone we dont know.

By *gw1070Man  over a year ago

stourbridge

The only parties that I have been to where any charge was applied were well organised . The charge was £10 for ALL guys! This was used for buying wine, beer, soft drinks and a supply of condoms. Over a period of time we had money left over in the 'kitty' and used it to buy a portable sex swing!

I wouldn't generally pay to attend a party especially those that require payment in advance

im not sure i get the question

Im assuming if they cancelled the party it was their party so what are you paying a deposit for?

I can understand people asking for a deposit if you are renting a place off them to hold your own party but if its their party and your just attending as a guest whats the deposit for?

you wouldnt pay in advance to go to a club so why would you for a party?

Kettering

Before this post gets to waylaid can I just say that the why and wherefores of the deposit are not the point of it.

We are merely seeking to hear from anybody else who might be in the same situation as us at this time.

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

"Before this post gets to waylaid can I just say that the why and wherefores of the deposit are not the point of it.

We are merely seeking to hear from anybody else who might be in the same situation as us at this time."

I suspect there must be several people feeling very silly just now. Would be interesting to see the size of this scam. Like others I bought the verifications which seemed very realistic and went back a few months. The party holder is no longer on the site.

Don't know what's annoyed me more, losing the money or having no plans for Saturday night now

As others have said it sounds like a scam. Unlucky but as others have said their is a lesson to be learnt.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

T would report to Admin in the first instance and then if you don't get your money back report it to the police.

Admin will co-operate with the police any way they can

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS... I would also be wary of handing over money to anyone...you really don't know who these people are to give your money to.

By *igboy200Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

the police would surely need to know what this payment was for. i wouldnt want to have that conversation with them over what i would imagine to be not a huge ammount of money. would be the ultimate humiliation. i'd advise just to not be as naive in future. derek

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The police won't care what site you are on if you have been ripped off.

If people don't report it to the police, the scammers will carry on, and sooner or later they will fleece someone for a lot of money.

From reading earlier threads I believe the sums mentioned ranged from £40-£120, which is a lot of money too some.

If it was me, I'd rather face a little embarrassment speaking to police, in order to stop scammers and hopefully get money back.

Mind, I wouldn't pay upfront first, to me I would see that as suspicious

By *exySwing3rsCouple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

Surely, if payment was by credit card, you will be able to claim it back.

"Surely, if payment was by credit card, you will be able to claim it back."

Craftily, they asked for bank transfer.

Lessons learned indeed.

"The police won't care what site you are on if you have been ripped off. "

im sure the police wouldnt, but for the price of a party would you really want to involved the police and make a staement telling them where you met these people and what the money was for?

I wouldnt, id just let it go and im sure thats what these people reply on

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The police won't care what site you are on if you have been ripped off.

im sure the police wouldnt, but for the price of a party would you really want to involved the police and make a staement telling them where you met these people and what the money was for?

I wouldnt, id just let it go and im sure thats what these people reply on"

I wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

BUT if I was ripped off in any way then yes I would report it.

Kettering

Ok, all getting a lot clearer now. Can I ask anyone who has any dealings in this regard to PM us or report to admin asap.

There should be some developments by the weekend hopefully.

Kettering

Wouldn't waste your time reporting to admin.

Forum Mod

"Wouldn't waste your time reporting to admin."

What would you want admin to do exactly? apart from take the profile down?

My ex and I and now me alone have been to a few "parties" and held one or two ourselves on another well known site; we /i have never paid nor asked for payment; be it the most attended was on one occasion was just 16 the others where between 8/10..

On principle id never pay to attend a sex party; why should you ???

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Got to say... for a party in a private house, why would there be a charge? We host parties ourselves, and being the kind of detail freaks we are, we spoke to our local constabulary about it.

If we dont charge, everyone is a consenting adult, and we dont go out of our way to offend the general public and neighbours.... the police's point of view is that we are not breaking any laws.

What we were told was, if we did charge, we were looking at "change of use" from a residential property, then into licensing laws, fire regs, public liability insurance.... you name it!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

We have been to quite a few parties.... and NEVER been asked to pay anything!!!

We always asked if there was anything we could do to help out, and would happily of contributed if asked, and on occasion we would take something for the buffet, but every time we were told just to bring our own drinks and condoms.

the sums of money being bandied about have left us flabbergasted... surely you wouldn't hand over that much money to someone you didnt know?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Charging for sex (call it a party all you like) is only one thing. And we know what that is. So does the law.

By *insfordcoupleCouple  over a year ago

winsford cheshire

YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED...!!

"Charging for sex (call it a party all you like) is only one thing. And we know what that is. So does the law."

They are not charging for sex though.

"The police won't care what site you are on if you have been ripped off. "

The police don't care at all. For them it's a crime and another number they can add to their figures, if they can make an arrest it is good for them! Don't worry police see loads of strange things and never blink an eye Angel

"We paid a deposit, for apparent good reason, for a party organised by a well verified user on here to be held end of December. The party was cancelled and we asked that the deposit was put towards another party they were hosting early January. This was subsequently cancelled.

We have written to them via here and their hotmail account and keep receiving placating messages but still no refund. We know of one other site member in the same boat with no refund received.

Is there anybody else in the same situation? It would be helpful to know if we have to pursue further."

The said people are no longer on the site now. As reported, so whether admin got rid of them or they deleted themselves.

By *ubybabyCouple  over a year ago

lincoln ish

prob still on site but diff name , like joined again christions

"Charging for sex (call it a party all you like) is only one thing. And we know what that is. So does the law.

They are not charging for sex though. "

Cali is right, they were charging for a fictional party, on figures I have seen quoted I would have had suspicions. One thing asking someone to bring a bottle or contribute a rennet on the night towards food/drinks, another thing asking for 40-80 a head

"prob still on site but diff name , like joined again christions"

They prob have multiple accounts on multiple sites

To be fair I've been invited to parties where I know the guys are saying 200quid each. So its up to the person paying to decide what is what. X

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Charging for sex (call it a party all you like) is only one thing. And we know what that is. So does the law.

Cali is right, they were charging for a fictional party, on figures I have seen quoted I would have had suspicions. One thing asking someone to bring a bottle or contribute a rennet on the night towards food/drinks, another thing asking for 40-80 a head"

From the mails I have recieved they were asking for a refundable deposit of £40...just to make sure people would turn up.

I wouldn't have been paying any money and reporting them instead.

Please people, be wary who you are handing money over to....no party is worth giving money over before you even know where the party is or who the people are.....report them instead

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"To be fair I've been invited to parties where I know the guys are saying 200quid each. So its up to the person paying to decide what is what. X"

Jeez, I'm in the wrong job.... any guys wanna come to a party?

"To be fair I've been invited to parties where I know the guys are saying 200quid each. So its up to the person paying to decide what is what. X"

£200

Thats shocking, thats not a party thats someone pimping out their female guests

Forum Mod

"To be fair I've been invited to parties where I know the guys are saying 200quid each. So its up to the person paying to decide what is what. X

£200

Thats shocking, thats not a party thats someone pimping out their female guests "

totally agree

im currently organising a party and charging a fiver for it, but thats to cover the cost of hiring the apartment, food, drink etc.

wish i had known some blokes would have paid £200!!!!!

Forum Mod

"im currently organising a party and charging a fiver for it, but thats to cover the cost of hiring the apartment, food, drink etc.

wish i had known some blokes would have paid £200!!!!!"

Its the expectation of what they think they're entitled to after paying £200 that would worry me

I feel rather sad that some gents would be stupid or desperate enough to part with 200 GBP for no guarantee of a leg up!

ours are free ........ just pay for yer own booze

By *rfunMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Im also effected same well vefified cpl. I am aware of at least 10 others. Admin suggest the police.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you have been ripped off then thats the best course of action as the police can investigate it , ie bank details etc to track them down.

It is fraud when all is said and done.

If anyone gets the police involved Admin can be contacted by them through the CONTACT button.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can I encourage anyone whose been ripped off to stick with pursuing those they believe culpable?

Swinging, dogging, BDSM and so on has a poor reputation in the media and it'd be understandable if those affected by rip-off parties sought to keep their heads below the parapet. That, unfortunately, is exactly what these bastards are relying on.

Try not to be cowed. You've done nothing wrong.

By *mileyBWoman  over a year ago

Northwood

Sounds like this couple are on a party scam, repeated cancellations and evidence if other's being messed around too. Have they EVER thrown a successful party or is it all just set u and cancel?

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

They are not charging for sex though. "

So they're charging for some nibbles and wine? £40?

And no one goes to a sex party expecting sex?

They absolutely are charging for sex and that is how it will be seen in law. Remember Cynthia Payne? She accepted luncheon vouchers for 'parties'. She was found guilty of running a brothel and went to gaol.

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 19/01/13 00:31:50]

Glasgow

They absolutely are charging for sex and that is how it will be seen in law. Remember Cynthia Payne? She accepted luncheon vouchers for 'parties'. She was found guilty of running a brothel and went to gaol."

I've run more parties than I can recall and never charged a penny.

I provide condoms, soft drinks and nibbles but expect guests to bring whatever alcoholic beverages they wish.

I've never paid any female to attend to 'get things going' and never will.

I've never used any voucher or any other system to try to avoid the law.

The problem, as I see it, is that there are people out there with no reasonable expectation of getting a shag and will do just about anything to get one.

Once they discover they've been ripped off, the retrench into themselves and the crooks get to do it to someone else.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"The police won't care what site you are on if you have been ripped off.

I wouldnt, id just let it go and im sure thats what these people reply on

I wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

BUT if I was ripped off in any way then yes I would report it."

Swingers have rights just like anyone else - since when did being a swinger mean you lose your civil rights if they have been breached?

Southampton

the said couple had a lot of verfications, so did they meet lots before or create other fake a/cs to create those verifcations so are still maybe on the site reading all our posts

They absolutely are charging for sex and that is how it will be seen in law. Remember Cynthia Payne? She accepted luncheon vouchers for 'parties'. She was found guilty of running a brothel and went to gaol."

I rememeber once being invited to a party (although a club was rented) and told the single guy entry was £70 (double the usual, but couple and single female rates were unchanged). When I asked what happened to the usual £35 I was told "There will be food" to which I asked "So you're a single guy is eats 4 times as much as a couple combined, or over 10 times as much as a single girl?"

Till today I did not receive a response

By *aster of a mindCouple  over a year ago

York

Hey even worse....We went to an 'End of the world party' and guesss what? They fkin lied, I woke up the next morning still alive!! I was expecting armagedon, but all i got was a double BJ and fucked to within an inch of my life

"Im also effected same well vefified cpl. I am aware of at least 10 others. Admin suggest the police. "

If you paid by bank transfer or paypal (any electronic form) then the recipients details (paypal email or bank account details)... as long as not cash.. can be easily used by the police to build a case against the person, especially where there are multiple victims of Fraud.

Glasgow

"the said couple had a lot of verfications, so did they meet lots before or create other fake a/cs to create those verifcations so are still maybe on the site reading all our posts"

There's no end of threads on here re the validity of verifications.

The consensus seems to be that they're not worth the cyberspace they occupy.

Word of mouth is what it's about, especially 'cos if someone f*cks up, their reputation is at greater risk orally than on the net.

"Surely, if payment was by credit card, you will be able to claim it back.

Craftily, they asked for bank transfer.

Lessons learned indeed. "

That doesn't sound too bright at all as a bank transfer leaves a paper trail straight back to the scammers.

It sounds like these people are not that intelligent but they've worked out that many people would not report a swinging related scam.

A fool and his money etc..

"I feel rather sad that some gents would be stupid or desperate enough to part with 200 GBP for no guarantee of a leg up! "

I think Cali is referring to parties where a couple of professional girls are there and swingers are invited free of charge. Bit quirky, never been to one mind.

Then again, some clubs do this too to attract in the single guys.

"If you have been ripped off then thats the best course of action as the police can investigate it , ie bank details etc to track them down.

It is fraud when all is said and done.

If anyone gets the police involved Admin can be contacted by them through the CONTACT button. "

My advice ring the police, it's what I would do

By *amieandjulieCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Never mind all this live and learn stuff etc etc if you have been the victim of fraud then phone the POLICE

"Never mind all this live and learn stuff etc etc if you have been the victim of fraud then phone the POLICE"

complaining on forum achieves nothing other than highlighting that its happened.

Report it to the police, t least have a chance of stopping these crooks from ripping off others, and a chance of getting money back.

These crooks maybe charging £40 currently but more they get away with it more they will up there charges. A previous poster commented 10 people he's knows of have been affected by this, that's £400 in their pockets, how many more have been duped, reading threads and staying mute.

All admin can do is advise contact the police and assist police in their enquiries.

As scammers the likelihood is they are still on fans under many alias's ripping people off still

Looks like i was scammed too then . I did think it was very dodgy but I was feeling rather horny that day and thought I'd take the risk. These guys had tons of verifications and they wanted £40 cash deposit to be sent to a house in Leighton Buzzard. Since they've deleted their account all my correspondence has disappeared. Please get it back admin - I'd like to send the police on a trip to Leighton Buzzard...

"Looks like i was scammed too then . I did think it was very dodgy but I was feeling rather horny that day and thought I'd take the risk. These guys had tons of verifications and they wanted £40 cash deposit to be sent to a house in Leighton Buzzard. Since they've deleted their account all my correspondence has disappeared. Please get it back admin - I'd like to send the police on a trip to Leighton Buzzard..."

Correspondence should still be in your inbox, scammers username will be replaced by user no longer on site

Kettering

[Removed by poster at 19/01/13 09:33:55]

Kettering

Before this thread gets hijacked again by people who have got nothing to do with it, don't know what they are talking about and deem it fit to give us their views on it, can we take it back to the start!

If this scenario sounds familiar to you and you think you may have been affected can you send a message to us as soon as possible.

Thank you.

"Before this thread gets hijacked again by people who have got nothing to do with it, don't know what they are talking about and deem it fit to give us their views on it, can we take it back to the start!

If this scenario sounds familiar to you and you think you may have been affected can you send a message to us as soon as possible.

Thank you."

By starting a thread you are allowing anyone to comment.

Police involvement is sensible option, what good will it do knowing numbers involved! Unless appropriate action is going to be taken

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Before this thread gets hijacked again by people who have got nothing to do with it, don't know what they are talking about and deem it fit to give us their views on it, can we take it back to the start!

Thanks You"

If you dint want people who have nothing to do with it commenting then don't post it in an open forum!!!!

Personally I think anyone who sends money to people they don't know on a sex site are crazy. You only have to look on the meets and events forum to see that tons of parties are arranged without money changubg hands.

If you want to try to get your money back you have to try to contact the police about it. That's providing that the address they gave you is correct etc. You also have to admit that you are probably never going to see the money again and learn from your expensive mistake because that's what it is, your mistake!

Thanks You

If you dint want people who have nothing to do with it commenting then don't post it in an open forum!!!!

Personally I think anyone who sends money to people they don't know on a sex site are crazy. You only have to look on the meets and events forum to see that tons of parties are arranged without money changubg hands.

If you want to try to get your money back you have to try to contact the police about it. That's providing that the address they gave you is correct etc. You also have to admit that you are probably never going to see the money again and learn from your expensive mistake because that's what it is, your mistake!"

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Don't pay upfront.....

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Thanks You

If you want to try to get your money back you have to try to contact the police about it. That's providing that the address they gave you is correct etc. You also have to admit that you are probably never going to see the money again and learn from your expensive mistake because that's what it is, your mistake!"

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Southampton

"Looks like i was scammed too then . I did think it was very dodgy but I was feeling rather horny that day and thought I'd take the risk. These guys had tons of verifications and they wanted £40 cash deposit to be sent to a house in Leighton Buzzard. Since they've deleted their account all my correspondence has disappeared. Please get it back admin - I'd like to send the police on a trip to Leighton Buzzard..."
said address turned out to be a mail forwarding service I found out this week

If the profile had verifications, then fabs must have a record of who gave them.

If its one person making multiple profiles and giving fake veries then the problem is do you put any faith in them at all ?

Lots of people swear by them, but if they can be faked so easily then maybe they should just be scrapped altogether ???

My guess is scammers through couple genuine parties to get verifications, then started there scam.

But it's only a guess

"My guess is scammers through couple genuine parties to get verifications, then started there scam.

But it's only a guess"

Then Fabs should list the people that are running the scam, and anyone that has genuinely met them can give the address of the party they attended.

[Removed by poster at 19/01/13 13:48:33]

I am so sorry this has happened to you and i wish there was something i could do.

"That doesn't sound too bright at all as a bank transfer leaves a paper trail straight back to the scammers. "

The statement above is not necessarily correct. Under data protection laws, banks will not divulge details of an account holder to anyone. The courts even have to jump through hoops to obtain protected data. Be aware that bank transfer or cheque leaves no direct path back to the payee and the £ values involved have to be very significant for a body to take serious interest in it

"the said couple had a lot of verfications, so did they meet lots before or create other fake a/cs to create those verifcations so are still maybe on the site reading all our posts

There's no end of threads on here re the validity of verifications.

The consensus seems to be that they're not worth the cyberspace they occupy.

Word of mouth is what it's about, especially 'cos if someone f*cks up, their reputation is at greater risk orally than on the net."

But then, word of mouth can only be trusted based on how much you believe the person that said it: if someone started spreading rumours about you that you were (for example):

1) Pushy with couples

2) ridden with AIDS

3) Owed people money ad were a scam artist

Any of the above or random smear that could come to human imagination (not that any of it is true! Disclaimer) then would you say "word of mouth" is still the way to go, rather than fact?

I say get the police involved to get the proof of the matter, anyone that doesn't want the police involved is either too scared or has something to hide.

Maybe those involved (people that have been done) have jobs that they could lose if they were found out to be SWINGERS !!!

Is losing your lively hood worth £40 ???

Some people will indeed just have to bite the bullet unfortunately.

Glasgow

"Maybe those involved (people that have been done) have jobs that they could lose if they were found out to be SWINGERS !!!

Some people will indeed just have to bite the bullet unfortunately."

As I said above, these scammers are relying on the fact many people will be too embarassed to go to the cops.

By *annyBoy88Man  over a year ago

Brighton

but it would be extremely embarrasing though to have to have those conversations with the police!! there'd no doubt be a lot of sniggering & piss taking at the station if a bunch of swingers went in talking about their non existant sex party!! i'd be p**sed off too but it wouldnt be worth the total humiliation tbh.

"Maybe those involved (people that have been done) have jobs that they could lose if they were found out to be SWINGERS !!!

Some people will indeed just have to bite the bullet unfortunately."

So in short, you DO believe swingers have less rights to assistance from police if their civil liberties have been exploited.

Glasgow

So in short, you DO believe swingers have less rights to assistance from police if their civil liberties have been exploited."

That completely misunderstands the situation each swinger/ couple faces.

Getting ripped off by a chancer has noting to do with 'civil liberties' or any other buzz- words. It's a crime.

It needs people who don't mind the abuse which will descend upon their heads to make a fuss about it.

So in short, you DO believe swingers have less rights to assistance from police if their civil liberties have been exploited.

That completely misunderstands the situation each swinger/ couple faces.

Getting ripped off by a chancer has noting to do with 'civil liberties' or any other buzz- words. It's a crime.

It needs people who don't mind the abuse which will descend upon their heads to make a fuss about it."

For me its simple: if someone wants to defraud me, whether out in the street, at work, a consumer product owner/retailer or another swinger, I will follow up with the necessary authorities: be it my manager (at work), relevant regulator/standards agency (ie if a product retailer), or the police (especially if the example above).

If anyone wants to defraud me, threaten me or my close ones, and hope I don't go to the police then my advice to them is simple: go ahead, I dare you.

But back on point - for those affected by the incident on this post, ie the OP and others: do NOT feel you cannot join up and go to the police. If it turns out it was a deliberately crafted plan to defraud people of money and get away with it, do not feel the voiceless victim of the crime.

There's the belief if someone's done this, its not the first time, and they will keep going till they are stopped.

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I have some magic beans for sale if any ones interested.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

am very surprised that folk would give anyone money up front for something like a 'party'..

however, the scammers are crooks and thieves..

bollocks to any 'embarrasment', they need bringing to book..

scum..

Kettering

Update.

A number of the victims of the fraud have made reports to the police this weekend. It has been dealt with in a professional and efficient manner by the police and there certainly hasn't been any shame or reluctance on any of the victims parts.

This post has shown the good, the bad and the ugly of this community. We posted in the Swinging support and advice for good and self-explanatory reasons. Thank you to those who have shown support, it has been appreciated.

Unfortunately may of the posts have been disappointing and positively unhelpful in encouraging possible victims to come forward. Hopefully their contributions will stay on here a long time for others to judge them themselves.

It is a human trait to read what you want to read here or elsewhere and that isn't going to change. The fraud depended on it and very cleverly played on it. This trait has even shown itself on this thread where many have been duped by a Chinese whisper early on and taken it as true.

The fraudster/s have planned for a long time for pay-day it appears. They have created a number of fake accounts to firm up the illusion. Unsurprisingly, one of those fake accounts has even contributed to this thread.

So, could I ask that people are wary in the days ahead in what they post. And I would like to appeal again to anybody else who might have been affected by this fraud to get in touch. We think there must be many more who have been defrauded of money by these vermin in recent weeks. Stronger together.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure why you are getting at the people on this thread including Admin who advised you to do exactly what you have all finally done.

None have been bad or ugly posts and all I see is support for people who have been scammed.

As for your accusation that someone on the thread is indeed involved then I hope you have reported it rather than just accuse.

Now as this has now run it's course and the people involved have been to the police and hopefully it will be investigated I am shutting this.