FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Am I alone?

Am I alone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ickie_Ranking OP   Man 47 weeks ago

London

I've meet a few ladies (especially the last two, one from Fab) where we have had physical relationship. We both knew and agreed its a friend with benefits relationship but as time went past feelings have got involved and has caused issues.

I made my intentions clear from the start and throughout the friendship I make sure we're on the same page. But eventually them 3 words gets mention.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you deal with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imisugarWoman 47 weeks ago

Rugby

"I've meet a few ladies (especially the last two, one from Fab) where we have had physical relationship. We both knew and agreed its a friend with benefits relationship but as time went past feelings have got involved and has caused issues.

I made my intentions clear from the start and throughout the friendship I make sure we're on the same page. But eventually them 3 words gets mention.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did you deal with it?"

What 3 words?

By *elshcouple18Couple 47 weeks ago

Cardiff

Mondays clinic refreshed..

By *eautifully-TwistedWoman 47 weeks ago

Telford

I have yes, I make it clear again that I'm not on the market and I'm not I tested in a relationship with anyone.

I respectfully remove myself from the situation. I would not want to carry something on knowing that they're hoping for it to turn into something that it will not.

By *edVelveteenCouple 47 weeks ago

Heaven in the Midlands

I think FWB are unnecessarily afraid of feelings and "I love you".

In my opinion, feelings are always involved. And, again being honest, I could easily tell my butcher I love him if he's managed to get me a last minute turkey for Christmas.

Unless moving in, a future together, meeting the parents and a wedding are being discussed, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

Of course you're not alone.

Trouble with regular one on one casual sex, it can bring together a connection and with that, either feelings or a misunderstanding of feelings.

It's the risk we take, is all.

If your feelings don't match, I'd suggest to end it and move on.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Central

There are feelings involved but it's essential to keep them to comfort and sexual pleasure. You need to check in frequently, to ensure that you're all still feeling the same, with matching objectives. I distance myself, should someone get involved differently. Harsh but fair.

By *riel13Woman 47 weeks ago

Northampton

If you are going to be my friend with benefits, I will love you... I will tell you I love you... It doesn't mean I want any more than what was originally agreed on... But I tell men this at the start, that I will love you... I don't see the point otherwise... Loving someone is not the same as being in love, unfortunately too many can't separate the two

"If you are going to be my friend with benefits, I will love you... I will tell you I love you... It doesn't mean I want any more than what was originally agreed on... But I tell men this at the start, that I will love you... I don't see the point otherwise... Loving someone is not the same as being in love, unfortunately too many can't separate the two"

I love you x

By *ouple3334MFCouple 47 weeks ago

birmingham

"I've meet a few ladies (especially the last two, one from Fab) where we have had physical relationship. We both knew and agreed its a friend with benefits relationship but as time went past feelings have got involved and has caused issues.

What 3 words? "

Great app very useful if you need locating

By *arialoueWoman 47 weeks ago

bradford

This is why I am not interested in the whole fwb thing is coz a few times I've done it I've always wanted more than what was put on tbe table

By *uzie69xTV/TS 47 weeks ago

Maidstone

"Unless moving in, a future together, meeting the parents and a wedding are being discussed, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about."

I agree, and men find it difficult to understand grey scales... It's often just Black or White...

He cancelled plans at last minute without explanation. I tried to reason that knowing will help me understand his commitments so I can schedule better with him next time.

Because I've mentioned the dreaded three words before, he simply went AWOL.

It's all about respecting each other. There is even a lack of that with FwB sometimes.

... Next! ...

By *anshee99Woman 47 weeks ago

nw

It happens. There's nothing wrong with love. Love doesn't mean commitment.

I'd say avoid sleepovers

By *unwithdickandjaneCouple 47 weeks ago

Yorkshire, but on holiday in PDI

What 3 words?

Great app very useful if you need locating "

matchup.crooned.pinpoint

By *inky and QuirkyCouple 47 weeks ago

Leighton Buzzard

Funny ??

Leighton Buzzard

"Mondays clinic refreshed.. "
very funny

Leighton Buzzard

"If you are going to be my friend with benefits, I will love you... I will tell you I love you... It doesn't mean I want any more than what was originally agreed on... But I tell men this at the start, that I will love you... I don't see the point otherwise... Loving someone is not the same as being in love, unfortunately too many can't separate the two"

You are of course correct, very different indeed xx

By *actileGent69Man 47 weeks ago

East Cheshire

This !. We 'love' our friends too and get upset if we part yet that is not the same as a normal relationship 'love'. We have discussed risks and boundaries and agreed to never let such ferlings go too far, 'we' will always come first and not allow anything to risk our bond. Saying that I Tony had a lady friend for a while who possibly wanted more and ended it when she saw how close and comitted Cherry and I were ! . Another couple had problems with a guy who fell for the female and tried to end their marriage !, she was badly affected by that and took a long time to recover (we were their first couple post tsunami)...

By *luttyLaylaWoman 47 weeks ago

North West

Previously, I’ve stopped anything regular if I’ve thought someone has feelings. I don’t think it’s fair to continue.

Now, I don’t do regular or fwb to avoid anything similar

All you can do is always be honest with what you want and how you feel. And remove yourself from situations where it’s not reciprocated.

By *elshcouple18Couple 47 weeks ago

Cardiff

"Mondays clinic refreshed.. very funny "
that's our what3words.. very apt isn't it.

By *penbicoupleCouple 47 weeks ago

Northampton

Yes, I have.

I ended it the morning after he said the 3 words.

A x

By *ust JuicyWoman 47 weeks ago

east london

Not sure why those three words are an issue … they are not a proposal of marriage or a request for a shelf in the bathroom cupboard or an exclusivity contract

They are an expression of caring for a person

I love many people

I’m in love with none of them

Perhaps it’s a male v female thing !

By *ickie_Ranking OP   Man 47 weeks ago

London

Thanks all for your points

By *ueergrimsbyMan 47 weeks ago

grimsby

[Removed by poster at 03/06/23 00:24:25]

Once love comes into it the relationship dies

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 47 weeks ago

your head

Ended up in a relationship with them. Feelings don't scare me anyway but wasn't expecting to fall in love.

By *edVelveteenCouple 46 weeks ago

Heaven in the Midlands

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

My idea of a FWB vs relationship is the former has no emotional attachment and not exclusivity is relatively short term and doesn't involve swinging with others. It is not a relationship and therefore has none of the benefits of one.

A relationship has feelings, emotional investment and some element of exclusivity albeit with swinging. It doesnt involve living with someone and still gives me time and space on my own. But there is trust and openness.

I end FWB relationships where they stray into a grey area of an almost relationship when clear other person or I don't want to make any emotional investment.

By *oxy jWoman 46 weeks ago

somerset

ive had a few men over the years say the love you words even tho im extremely happy married they never saw me again im here to have fun for me and hubs i cant be done with those that have emotional issues or clingy drama filled types yuk massive turn off ...

By *oxy jWoman 46 weeks ago

somerset

and fwb can work very well without the emotional bullshit ive one ive known now for 30 years and another over 20 so it can and does work with the right people its friendship me and hubs care but its nothing more than that and never will be .... i met aguy a few weeks ago who whiles getting undressed said dunno why your with him (hubs) he was getting dressed again and leaving clearly did not understand the couples dynamic i swing because of hubs because we are so well suited because we know eaxh other inside out if anything was to happen to him my swinging life style is over as ill never trust or love anyone that much again ..ever ...see its not about swinging its alway been about us me and him and how perfect we are as a couple

By *oft_SensualTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Difficult to gauge from my point of view, as everyone approaching me seems to be married or partnered and is doing so without that person's knowledge.

Perhaps it's more of a thing in the hetero community?

"Difficult to gauge from my point of view, as everyone approaching me seems to be married or partnered and is doing so without that person's knowledge.

Perhaps it's more of a thing in the hetero community? "

Same for me to be honest it's a fab thing I think.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS 46 weeks ago

Yorkshire

My experience of Fab is that it generally serves guys (the majority of site members) looking to get their kicks, either online or via meeting. The vast majority of 'meet now' requests are from men.

I do see some FWB profiles or couples who've got together via Fab although this isn't common.

I would say the site isn't the swing space it once was in the early 2000s given the rise of smart phones and so forth.

You're not alone.

How did we deal with it? Well we are now a couple lol

In all honesty this is the first time I've fallen for a fwb and it's turned into more.

Mrs

By *hropshireGentMan 46 weeks ago

Shropshire

I have had this happen many times. I’ve since learnt that it’s the new to the scene females that say those 3 words.

Another reason now why I prefer meeting women or couples that have been on the scene for years

By *bwgirlygirlWoman 46 weeks ago

Glasgow

Many many many times. I just don't get close to people now

By *elkieWoman 46 weeks ago

Durham

This. Life’s too short not to love your friends and our brains are wired to give us euphoric bliss with orgasm. Of course we’re going to love the people we have good sex with.

The problem is that too many people think that love is more important than common sense or boundaries or integrity. Life’s too short to do crazy stuff just because you love someone. I’d go to the shop to buy milk for their tea, but sleepless in Seattle? Nah.

By *oiluvfunMan 46 weeks ago

Penrith

Twice. I’m still not fully over the second, which ended over a year ago….

By *icker20.Man 46 weeks ago

Swindon

It's happens... Sometimes are feeling deeper as should be...

But on the end it's about communication

By *r and Mrs SSCouple 46 weeks ago

Glasgow

No personal experience but a suggestion is maybe not do the fwb thing & have a limit to how many meets you have with the same person?

By *ustus555Couple 46 weeks ago

NG 21

We had it with the male of a cpl. Ended it sharpish. It's not what swinging is about.

Having said that, we knew a cpl that started out as fwb an ended up married. So it can work. In a singles relationship.

» Add a new message to this topic