FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fakes

Fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyLeeLee OP   Woman 33 weeks ago

leeds

Best advice on how to spot a fake.. male on a couples profile and a male on single female profile....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issmorganWoman 33 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

I'd say if a couple profile has just male pics ,it's suss.Same If the woman is never about ie working /sleeping /washing her hair.

Any woman who you chat to who want more pics or dirty chat are probably males.

By *addyandtheprincessCouple 33 weeks ago

Cheltenham/Derby

Ask if you can speak to them on the phone and wait for the excuses to roll in.

By *nfield05Man 33 weeks ago

Aylesbury

"Ask if you can speak to them on the phone and wait for the excuses to roll in. "

Ask them outright if they block ?? you 99% fake

By *icecouple561Couple 33 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ask to meet for a coffee. Some men claim that they meet first for their wife's safety/because she's shy/because she trusts him to make decisions for her blah de blah. They're lying in 99% of cases. Men pretending to be women either won't agree, will agree and not turn up or will turn up and try to persuade you to meet again

Sex talk straight away is a big clue and men just talk differently to women.

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

Not fab verified, cagey about face pics, and do a Google reverse on pics.

By *ootprints1629Couple 33 weeks ago

somewhere in moray

Ask for pics of them both together, alot of the time you can tell by how they msg and what they say.

And all of the above

By *teveanddebsCouple 33 weeks ago

Norwich

The problem with these threads is they tell a fake what to avoid

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 33 weeks ago

Chichester

I just ask

To

Video call. Anyone that can’t do this I just delete and move on

By *aGaGagging for itCouple 33 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"The problem with these threads is they tell a fake what to avoid "

Totally agree, which is why, if I'm

going to, I'll reply in a DM only.

By *aomilatteCouple 33 weeks ago

Midlands

Exactly this!

By *umagain58Man 33 weeks ago

London

It’s very hard to be sure with some. One good sign we all know for “couples” is when ask to speak to the “wife” and she is always away at the moment. Sometimes you think they are fake and not. I met a wife from here and was convinced not real. I took the risk and went around and was very pleased I did. We mostly go to parties as lot easier and people know and trust

By *icecouple561Couple 33 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Very true but if someone avoids meeting us for a quick coffee it tells us what we need to know very quickly.

By *ucka39Man 33 weeks ago

Newcastle

Common sense it's up their somewhere

By *oe n JayCouple 33 weeks ago

Surrey

"Not fab verified, cagey about face pics, and do a Google reverse on pics. "

How do we do that?

By *ust Ms LovinWoman 33 weeks ago

birmingham

Check their profile

Be clue is if they havent changed their age limit. would you really meet a 99 year old

Been on the site longer than a year with no meets

Take it too telegram you can do Voicenotes on there

No real substance in their profile

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 33 weeks ago

Leeds

For us I'd say the profiles that only have pics of one of the couple is a big hint, the men pretending to be couples tend to jump straight in with the sex talk too.

Otherwise I'd maybe as for a video call, random photo of them holding something or move to what's app to have a 3/4 way conversation.

Mrs

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 33 weeks ago

Leeds

We were accused of being fake once because we refused to video call a couple we'd already told we weren't interested in

It does baffle me.

Mrs

By *teveanddebsCouple 33 weeks ago

Norwich

"Check their profile

Be clue is if they havent changed their age limit. would you really meet a 99 year old

"

Or maybe they aren't hung up on age and take people as they find them

By *andycandy88Woman 33 weeks ago

Northolt

No verifications and been on here over a year

Can't send a face pic

Can't do a video call

Don't waste your time and energy on it

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

Ask to speak to the female then the excuses flood in what utter bullshit. funny how the only people who moan are single guys who then call the people fake. why not just go into a dark room and get the five fingered widow out. Karen the fake

By *randMrsLPCouple 33 weeks ago

london

[Removed by poster at 20/09/23 10:05:36]

By *randMrsLPCouple 33 weeks ago

london

Sorry, made a mistake in above, now corrected

Fakes and even so-called genuine ones may have multi accounts, I may be wrong IE you have a genuine-sih profile backed up with a trolling profie

We make it clear we do not send face pics, its the others choice if to contact us or not.

We make it clear that as a couple, before agreeing a meet with us, they can call us to speak with Mrs.

Comments about couples just having "male" pics - often couples can be accused of being fake if they just have female pics

Therefore, check the profile, how long have they been on, are they verified here. Check theri verifications and who from check them if they are new, hidden profiles.

Then the final killer moved to ID a fake profile ASK the person to hold YOUR username next to their face and let yo see the pic via FAB.

Another way to spot a fake, if they say they can accommodate and then may silly/any excuses be weary

If some has more than several reviews from different, established people most likley real but it does not mean they will be nice/po;ite if responded with a no

As others have said, first meet, meet in a public place and if they dont resemble their pic or their behaviour, get out of there.

I sure there are thousands of genuine meets via this site every year so do your research, dont be too trusting and ask as above and anything else you want to ask and if you are meeting another, tell a buddy etc and share the pic or at least the site you are using to see this perso

Re phone numbers, could be burner phones so do your research hard and if you dont feel right or they are saying they live in xxx but then say they are in yyyy, and use the excuse they've not changed the location, think about it

So be sensible, ask many questions and imo, ask them to hold up your user name against their face and send it via FS

I'm sure others will have other tips

Another way as others have suggested meeting people is via clubs even then if you are leaving with someone tell a friend who it is

By *ouise_KWoman 33 weeks ago

leicester

Usually for a single guy on a female profile - no profile picture, no veris and a bio saying something along the lines of bored seeing who’s about…

On a couples profile, I can just get the dodgy vibes the guy is sending off

By *herryEatersCouple 33 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Best advice on how to spot a fake.. male on a couples profile and a male on single female profile...."

Incredibly difficult !. We take it by 'fakes' you also mean timewasters. We are supposed to be meeting a single girl tonight but last three messages read and no reply yet she's clearly logging on frequently. Another couple wanted to meet us in two weeks, they've just left site. Both profiles looked genuine, paid members, swapped face pics etc. Even 'full' profiles looking like ours are no guarantee (green tick, green flag, verifications, photos in public and friends, plenty to say etc).... I'm afraid this site has gone downhill and most contacts simply waste your time now. Even the last couple we met by chance in a club lied to us and we only found out a week later at their house when the only thing on offer was the complete opposite to what we were led to believe the week before !

Yes you can test then but that might also put off newbies and the timid. We've spoken to others on the phone and got nowhere too. We always say social first so at least we can have a drink out if they don't show lol

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

the best 2 i had was for a meet on saturday night both took my address then no show. this site is about being honest can anyone explain why they do it. Karen

By *ucka39Man 32 weeks ago

Newcastle

" the best 2 i had was for a meet on saturday night both took my address then no show. this site is about being honest can anyone explain why they do it. Karen"

Always have a backup plan so you're not all dressed for nothing

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

People saying ask them to speak on the phone. its very strange how certain people get it into there head tell then to chat on phone if not your fake. remember the site rules it says nothing about you must speak on the phone. Karen the fake.

By *lan157Man 32 weeks ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Check their profile

Or maybe they aren't hung up on age and take people as they find them

"

Exactly this. I don't need to explain if I want to meet a 99 year old . I only need to explain why I want to meet the respondent and what's in it for them/her

By *izandpaulCouple 32 weeks ago

merseyside

Don't get into e-mail ping pong, its generally a single guy wanting dirty talk.

Unless that's your thing.

Arrange a meet in a pub or for a coffee and if its a couple ask them for a mobile number to speak to the lady. If she's washing her hair, out at work, putting kids to bed, one more chance, no lady, bin it.

We use a cheap phone as our swingers phone.

Take control of the meet.

We do very few 121 as too many timewasters.

Parties, clubs and holidays always a winner as you can pick who to chat, play or not and very few embarrassing silences.

FAB is predominately a main line social media site so the percentage rate for timewasters when it comes to meets must be up in the 75% range.

But, that means 25% are genuine.

Put on your profile only meet initially for drink and chat, still get timewasters but at least they have been warned

Have a great time, we do.

By *randMrsLPCouple 32 weeks ago

london

" the best 2 i had was for a meet on saturday night both took my address then no show. this site is about being honest can anyone explain why they do it. Karen"

Ask for their face pic with them holding your username here. Also tell them, please do not waste your time and as things cann go wrong and meet is off, phone/text

By *inabushCouple 32 weeks ago

Leeds

"Best advice on how to spot a fake.. male on a couples profile and a male on single female profile...."

We use Google chrome as the browser for fab. Then use reverse lookup for pics posted on fab. Sometimes these have been taken from other websites x always reverse search the images x

By *ickD80Man 32 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I think that you should be wary of anyone you talk to on the internet and assume there’s always a chance that they’re fake until they’ve proven they’re real. Video calls are the easiest way to check but also asking for them to send a very specific photo that they won’t have been able to copy off the internet, something like your name written on a piece of paper or holding up random objects next to their face. It’s amazing how many people I’ve spoken to who don’t have a piece of paper in their house, or who don’t have any knives and forks haha. It’s not just this site though, it applies to everyone on the internet unfortunately.

Although, deep fake videos and photo editing is so good now that even they’re not a sure fire way to tell. And now there’s the added worry that AI can hold conversations that are completely human like, so you have to consider whether you’re even talking to a human these days.

One thing about fakes is that they are terrified of being exposed as fakes so they will tell lie after lie to cover their tracks and they will never stop trying to defend themselves so it’s a lot of fun seeing what they will say to cover their lies and what excuses they come up with. Making them as uncomfortable as possible and really work to hide the truth is enjoyable.

By *hreesome loverMan 32 weeks ago

benfleet

I was chatting to a “woman” on here, I was becoming suspicious so I asked “her” what size her boobs were, the reply was 12c, instant delete

By *hatBeardedChapMan 32 weeks ago

Birmingham

Maan I can't even attract the fake profiles whatever am I doing wrong

Well thanks to this post I know what to be on the look out for when spotting them

By *exbecs12Woman 32 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

"Ask to meet for a coffee. Some men claim that they meet first for their wife's safety/because she's shy/because she trusts him to make decisions for her blah de blah. They're lying in 99% of cases. Men pretending to be women either won't agree, will agree and not turn up or will turn up and try to persuade you to meet again

Sex talk straight away is a big clue and men just talk differently to women. "

This op.

By *entle_lover_xMan 32 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

"I think that you should be wary of anyone you talk to on the internet and assume there’s always a chance that they’re fake until they’ve proven they’re real. Video calls are the easiest way to check but also asking for them to send a very specific photo that they won’t have been able to copy off the internet, something like your name written on a piece of paper or holding up random objects next to their face. It’s amazing how many people I’ve spoken to who don’t have a piece of paper in their house, or who don’t have any knives and forks haha. It’s not just this site though, it applies to everyone on the internet unfortunately.

Although, deep fake videos and photo editing is so good now that even they’re not a sure fire way to tell. And now there’s the added worry that AI can hold conversations that are completely human like, so you have to consider whether you’re even talking to a human these days.

One thing about fakes is that they are terrified of being exposed as fakes so they will tell lie after lie to cover their tracks and they will never stop trying to defend themselves so it’s a lot of fun seeing what they will say to cover their lies and what excuses they come up with. Making them as uncomfortable as possible and really work to hide the truth is enjoyable. "

Just focus on people with a few veris, especially from people who are themselves well verified, and drastically cuts down the risk of any problems.

» Add a new message to this topic