FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Vasectomy

Vasectomy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

decided to put up a post on this subject due to the amount of emails i got from guys with questions on the subject due to my (G) recent 'ball snipping'

When i was researching it before i had the op i found lots of info that would contradict the previous webpage so heres my personal experience described for those worried/ scared or thinking of having it done.

I asked my doc for the details of how to have it done, i am 26 and expected some resistence but found none.

Went to a group meeting at the sexual health centre then was given my appointment for 2 weeks later (wed 10 March)

with a newly shaved bawbag i went to my appointment at 10.30am, was seen at 10.46am

Had the first injection to put in the local anesthetic which only hurt for 3 seconds as the liquid went up the tube to numb it.

After that kicked in the Doc felt for the vas tube, clamped it, which made me REALLY queasey as i could feel it tugging from my midsection, although i felt sick it wasnt sore.

the cut was made and i felt nothing.

the doc went to the other ball, which again only hurt for a second with the injection stretching the tube etc. Whe the second lot of anesthetic kicks in it really kicks in! i could have been booted in the balls by a Terminator and felt nothing.

i was then sewed up and sent home. i got out the room at 11.04am.

A few days on and my sack has two bruises but although iv felt small twinges and slight discomfort a few times during the day, it actually hast hurt at all. So much so i was working on Wednesday night.

Your sex drive isnt effected and theres only a wee bit of discomfort in your nuts when you shoot your goo the first time after the op. All in all its been a positive experience for me.

sorry for the long post folks, just thought it may be a handy one for guys. If anyone has any dramas, feel free to send us an email and il get back to you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

tnx for the info.am thinking of getting it done.will do when i have the spare cash.and have the ( ahem ) balls to do it.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

I had this done a good few years back, and the experience was broadly similar. However, I would mention that I DID experience some significant pain for a while afterwards (about a week or so) - aching, rather than 'kicked by a terminator' but nonetheless it did leave me a bit sensitive for a while.

As you mentioned, no effect whatever on the libido, or the physical effects of ejaculation etc. - I challenge any female to spot the difference

my new saying to the misses is that 'my sexdrive now runs on unleaded'

she wasnt impressed with my comedy

"tnx for the info.am thinking of getting it done.will do when i have the spare cash.and have the ( ahem ) balls to do it."

Cash ?

NHS do it for free

I am surprised to hear you got it done on the NHS at such a young age!

Perhaps it is different for a man, as I have repeated been told for years that they would not snip me in case I change my mind.

I am now at the age when they say there is no point in doing it as my chances of getting pregnant is very low, charming!

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

when i got mine done me balls swelled right up couldnt even get them in the support they give you ,needed a fookin wheel barrow for a week lol oor lasses bro got it done on monday and was playing football on the sunday i couldnt but would of mad a great wall for free kicks

How long is the waiting list then?

"my new saying to the misses is that 'my sexdrive now runs on unleaded'

she wasnt impressed with my comedy "

Awwww, nevermind! I thought it's funny!

"How long is the waiting list then?"

I only waited for about 5 weeks, but it'll probably depend upon what area you're in

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

My ex had his done some years ago and had lots of problems with infection. He ended up in hospital with what I can only describe as thin lengths of metal inserted in to his testicles (I believe these were drains of some sort). This eventually cleared up the infection but some time later had to have a testicle removed because of it.

"tnx for the info.am thinking of getting it done.will do when i have the spare cash.and have the ( ahem ) balls to do it.

Cash ?

NHS do it for free "

no NHS in ireland im afraid.our health service equivelent probably does it but i wouldnt qualify.too young,i think,and earn too much.not that i have a pot to piss in,lol. damn recession.

when i got mine done let me tell you all i did as i was told off the doctor and i all went well i put a lot of table salt in the bath like doc said and was back to work with in 5 days thanks

"I am surprised to hear you got it done on the NHS at such a young age!

Perhaps it is different for a man, as I have repeated been told for years that they would not snip me in case I change my mind.

I am now at the age when they say there is no point in doing it as my chances of getting pregnant is very low, charming! "

Depends Pearl. I wanted to be sterilised at 29 they said no but three weeks after my 31st birthday I had it done.

By that point I'd had four children, three by caesarian section in four years. Told them since they were in there they might as well lock up shop!

"I am surprised to hear you got it done on the NHS at such a young age!"

lots of people have said that to me, to be honest i think i would have reacted pretty badly if i was told i was too young. Old enough to drink, drive, get married, have kids etc but too young to make a decision about my own nuts lol

two kids and 4 miscarriages in our relationship would have been my reasons, but i was never asked. Silly thing is, i know a lad in edinburgh who is older, and he got told .no, your too young' mental xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

A swinging partner had one done a few months ago he hasnt had children and due to a cancelation he had it done in two weeks. He said it didnt hurt but could feel a scraping sensation. He also said he had to have a check up after he had cum so many times but i wasnt paying attention.

I am now at the age when they say there is no point in doing it as my chances of getting pregnant is very low, charming! "

You'd think with the potential future population problems they would be encouraging people to have it instead of discouraging them.

Its a funny old world!

XXXX

I am now at the age when they say there is no point in doing it as my chances of getting pregnant is very low, charming!

Depends Pearl. I wanted to be sterilised at 29 they said no but three weeks after my 31st birthday I had it done.

By that point I'd had four children, three by caesarian section in four years. Told them since they were in there they might as well lock up shop! "

I said something very similar after my youngest was born but cos I was only 24 they said no chance, wish I had kicked up a stink tho cos now I cant have it done - I cant have HRT or anything like it cos it will cause my condition to flare up quite badly, and since I am still only 30 under the rules I would have to have some sort of HRT, or so I am led to believe.

However hubby always said he would get the snip, well until he was last in hospital and almost died from blood poisoning, after a botched op.

Now he says no bugger is going near his bits, since he nearly lost them from complications last time mind you I quite liked the swelling shame he was too sore to do anything about it tho

Shona

x x x

I guess they considered me a risk to be sterilised in my 20s as I was childless at the time!

By *ddiddyMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

i got it done in clane near naas no problems what so ever best thing i ever did

By *laything1966Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

hi had to have it done twice as the first one did'nt work but all fine,slight pain with first injection but nothing really masterbated after 24 hrs fucking after 48 lol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Had it done years ago and no pain or anything at all. However whilst i was having it done i could see every detail thanks to a rather reflective surrond to the light being used. bit like car crash tv as i did not wanna see but could not stop looking lol

steve

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

I had mine done on The NHS many years ago when I was 29.

While I did have an infection after the op it was well worth it in the end.

thought id give a wee update on the meat and veg lol

Been a few days and still no pain, some slight uncomfy moments but all good. Been having sex regularly and again everythings fine.

Only think worth a mention is that my bawsack is all black and blue

Thats me all healed up now after 12 days.

All in all its been a positive experience really. No horror stories of pain and over swelling to tell, which was all i found when i was trying to find info. Also, a tip is NOT to look at the Vasectomy vids on Youtube as those are made up of vids containing 'what can go wrong will go wrong'

no pain which was over the uncomfy mark, not much swelling, some bruising and absolutly no discomfort during and after sex. My 'mojo' is still here and if anything im a bit hornier recently.

hope i have helped guys

I got mine done on the NHS in 1985 aged 24.

Went in at 9am on the Friday and was inside a Boxing ring at 9:45pm the next night.

Fight lasted less than a minute.

Wasn't until Sunday morning that I started to feel uncomfortable and black and blue.

Back at work on Monday.

25 years on my sex drive is probably greater now than it was then.

Have been up for check ups every now and again to make sure I'm still unleaded. Going to take a major miracle for any lead to pop back in there

By *oobCouple  over a year ago

Netherlands

Don't want to scare anyone off, but I had a rather less pleasant experience.

I was told "5 minutes a side", so after 15 minutes of attention to side number one I was getting a little worried.

It was then annouced "I can't find your Vas Deferens, I'll have to call a docter"

"Then just who the f**k are you?", were my thoughts.

Doctor turns up, repairs side one, and deals with side two in, well, indeed 5 minutes.

Long story short, side one swelled up to size of a pool ball, the number 14 I believe, the purple one, and I ended up walking like the toy soldiers from Toy Story for about a week.

Friend of a friend spotted me walking down the street and thought to herself, "My, he's walking funny, does he always walk that way?"

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

Been done a while now. I had no probs at all as a result of the op. Downside is it has reduced how much I ejaculate by a substantial amount.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I worked with a guy who had his done for a "back hander" by his GP. The GP`s operating table was the one in his kitchen

Hardly surprisingly, the GP was found out and got struck off!

what you have to remember is the snip isnt 100%, my ex had it done after child number two and again after child number 3, and there was nothing we could do about it as they only claim you have a nill sperm count ON THE DAY OF TESTING!!! coursed lots of problems with his family as you can guess

By *oobCouple  over a year ago

Netherlands

Heh, I was too shy to do the "test".

"Hi, I've come to deliver some semen to see if I'm still fertile, can I use you bathroom ? "

* returns with a plastic recepticle full of warm semen *

Nope, too shy.

first thing the nurse said to me after the doc had done his duty (bear in mind she was gorgoeus and about mid 30's and seemed really cheery)

she said really flatly

'it is important for you to empty your balls atleast twice a day, either by your sexual partner or diy style'

my first thought was, shes been in this job too long

when i had mine done a few years ago, i was in and out of hospital in under 30 mins, as for pain well the op was pain free although i did ache for a few days afterwards and the fist time you shoot your load after the op is rather uncomfortable.

Im 31 and want to be sterilized am a single mum of two but my doc wont do it as im too young and quote unsettled.

i think the medical people have a responsiblity to decide who gets and who doesnt, but its a complete piss take when they are rejecting adults. fair enough if your a 19 year old girl...

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

well i can join in onthis one lol as a Urology nurse.

we did vas's under local and general anaesthetic. the advatages of local its quicker can be done and you can be out of hospital within a couple of hours. the recovery time is quicker.. (no drowsiness etc)

They do turn down people they think are too young, as much as they say they dont want kids or want anymore. its surprising how many then come back for different reasons and ask for a reversal, and there is no deffinate promise that a reversal can work, depending on how the vas was done in the first place.. All surgeons have their preferences which of course they discuss in full with the patients.

And as every person/patient is different, there can be no problems after to swelling etc.

Its a decision not to be taken lightly and one that only the person themselves and the dr can decide..

ok will get off me soapbox now lol

Like an earlier poster, got mine done 20yrs ago now, after 2 kids and 3 misscarriages. Doctors said it wouldn't be a good idea if Kate got pregnant again, and said they'd get me in quick.

I didn't have any problems, very little bruising, and you can't see any scars I've experienced a drop in the amount of ejaculate, but I'm putting that down to the fact I'm an old fooker now, and all this shagging I'm doing, is wearing it out

"i think the medical people have a responsiblity to decide who gets and who doesnt, but its a complete piss take when they are rejecting adults. fair enough if your a 19 year old girl... "

I had the same,after my 3rd child was born i decided i didnt want anymore children,i was only 25 then but kept on going back and doctor finally referred me when i was 28,the doctor said to me what if something happened to your children and you wanted more,my reply was i wouldnt want to replace them. I went on to have the op and never looked back. Mr jnp felt the same too,he had snip before i met him.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

that so annoys me when they say "what if anything happens to your children" god forbid it ever did.. But no one could ever replace the children they lost by just having more.

had my op 2 years ago now,had some pain discomfort but only for a week or so,i was back on the nest as soon as i could lol..after the op i was out the hospital in an hour and never looked back.i got 2 great kids don't ever want anymore...best thing i ever did no more condoms with my wife i mean not when swinging

had mine done 12 months ago, again a couple of injections, the nurse holding the vacuum thingy looked very nice, I sat up and watched the whole thing, guys the insides of your balls do look like thing spaghetti. walked home, 4 days later back to having fun. It is free on NHS, speak to your doctor guys.

By *uintillianMan  over a year ago

washington services

Best thing i ever had done at the local docs surgery on a Sat morning,45 mins later,drove home,laid up on the couch for 2 days and back to work on tues .

It didn`t calm my libido down any which was the plan but now i don`t fear those little accidents when your going hammer n tongs and the condom bursts

awesome info .. thnaks for sharing

» Add a new message to this topic