FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Not looking for sympathy but need to let it out

Not looking for sympathy but need to let it out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got a letter today, calling me back after my mammogram saying there's a problem and need for further tests

Not in a very good place right now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Chances are it will be nothing to worry about ....like smear tests, there are many reasons other than the worst one for calling back ...all the best and stay positive x

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

it doesn't have to mean there is anything sinister,it could just be a bad xray,this has happened to me and I was just like you worried sick but they just wanted to double check,try not to worry and lots of good luck x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Got a letter today, calling me back after my mammogram saying there's a problem and need for further tests

"

deep breaths. The chances are that its to rule out things rather than to confirm them hold on to that. All the best to you xx

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

my sister was called back but it was fine they like to be cautious

I think if they were really concerned they would have rung you. Keep us posted, and hope it's good news x

Thank you ladies, means a lot

I don't really know anyone here but sometimes sharing makes it a bit better. I really do appreciate it xxxx

By *my-blackTV/TS  over a year ago

Poole

I can only reiterate what others have said in that they do have to err 100% on the side of caution take it day by day and good luck.

"I can only reiterate what others have said in that they do have to err 100% on the side of caution take it day by day and good luck.

"

Thank you x

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

yep hope all is ok i had my 2nd one recently and my letter said i was ok xx

By *eedelightsWoman  over a year ago

London

I cant add much more than what has been said. Good luck to you, u will be fine. Xxxx

Hope every things ok good luck x

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I hope all is well and they just want to settle a bet that you can riverdance.

"Got a letter today, calling me back after my mammogram saying there's a problem and need for further tests

"

Keep your head up and believe that miracles happen every day. Keep your faith. Your in our prayers.

By *eedelightsWoman  over a year ago

London

Is it too late to send a hug? As national hugging day has gone?

What the hell.,,, sending a hug. Xx

Best to be safe than sorry..good luck x

Like everyone else has said, try not to worry or panic. Big cwtch and hope all will be ok x

Im assuming it was a routine screening as you are just over 50?

Many women get recalled for follow up, it can often just be because they have calcium deposits in the milk ducts which is more common in women over 50 or an unclear image which needs double checking.

Bear in mind that the whole point of screening is to rule out anything sinister and so they err on the side of caution.

Wish you all the best and I am sure every woman (and a lot of men) will be keeping everything crossed that you have a reassuring outcome at your next appointment. As one poster has already said, if they were concerned that they had found anything sinister they would be recalling immediately. Easy to say but try not to worry.

xx

By *uicylucy76Woman  over a year ago

thornton cleveleys

"Is it too late to send a hug? As national hugging day has gone?

What the hell.,,, sending a hug. Xx"

Me too.. Sending you big hugs. Xx

"

Have PM'd you sweet xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck...

"Im assuming it was a routine screening as you are just over 50?

Many women get recalled for follow up, it can often just be because they have calcium deposits in the milk ducts which is more common in women over 50 or an unclear image which needs double checking.

Bear in mind that the whole point of screening is to rule out anything sinister and so they err on the side of caution.

Wish you all the best and I am sure every woman (and a lot of men) will be keeping everything crossed that you have a reassuring outcome at your next appointment. As one poster has already said, if they were concerned that they had found anything sinister they would be recalling immediately. Easy to say but try not to worry.

xx "

Good post. I add my best wishes.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Good luck. Like other have said it's likely just to be precautionary x

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Hope its good news will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Sending soothing calming vibes xx

Thank you all. It's so good to know that people care, even when they don't know you xxxx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thank you all. It's so good to know that people care, even when they don't know you xxxx"

I suspect a lot of us have been through similar experiences and know exactly how you're feeling x

There are a lot of empathetic people on this site and right now they, and I, feel for you.

It will all be fine though. Try to remain positive.

Best wishes xx

By *rMrsAdriaCouple  over a year ago

Gosport

Assuming it's your first one, then alot of women are called back due to not having any previous ones to go by what's normal for you (according to someone I know who recently had her first one) keep positive

Thank you. It's probably nothing but my mind is going mad. Will try not to panic xxxx

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

Hi. Risky here... Four years ago Frisky had breast cancer, so now has a mammogram yearly. A couple of years ago after a mammogram Frisky got a letter stating that she had to book a long appointment due to the reslts... Obviously we were devastated... After lots of phone calls Frisky was told nothing to worry about one pic had not come out properly.

Like everyone else has said I'm sure everything will be fine.

The breast care clinics are pretty damn good...

However I did complain strongly about the fact that they send out a letter that scares the shit out of you even if it's nothing to worry about...

A hug from us as well... x

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS  over a year ago

Bolton

it's only natural that you're gonna think a thousand thoughts but it does make sense to think it's a routine check x big hugs sweetheart try not to get worked up xxx

"Hi. Risky here... Four years ago Frisky had breast cancer, so now has a mammogram yearly. A couple of years ago after a mammogram Frisky got a letter stating that she had to book a long appointment due to the reslts... Obviously we were devastated... After lots of phone calls Frisky was told nothing to worry about one pic had not come out properly.

Like everyone else has said I'm sure everything will be fine.

The breast care clinics are pretty damn good...

However I did complain strongly about the fact that they send out a letter that scares the shit out of you even if it's nothing to worry about...

A hug from us as well... x"

Thank you for that, yes a letter is scary and when I called they still couldn't put my mind at ease.xx

"it's only natural that you're gonna think a thousand thoughts but it does make sense to think it's a routine check x big hugs sweetheart try not to get worked up xxx"

Thank you xx

I don't think we've ever spoken before but just wanted to say, I hope everything goes ok xx

Here's hoping that it is precautionary. Wishing everything will be fine for you x

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Most importantly sending hugs and support your way .Secondly you should be very proud that you've went and had the screening done. So many don't and rather act like an ostrich .You have already taken the biggest step and as most have said they will always be over cautious .They will take no chances and recall can be for any numbers of reasons. Never nice waiting and hospitals and doctors forget we don't deal with things day in and day out like they do . Let's us know how it goes xx

I just want to say everyone above has posted the right advice.

They are always cautious nowadays.

The gum clinic told me I had a lump on my testicle.

I saw my doc who agreed.

I was referred for a ultrasound which I forgot all about until half an hour after the appointment. I rang and apologised and they considered it important enough to squeeze me in at the end of surgery.

I was scanned and told it was all fine.

The point I'm drivelling on trying to make is you and the professionals always assume the worst but very often it's a false alarm.

Silly to say but try not to stress over this xxxx

Thinking of you. Hope all is ok.xxxx

Sending a big (((hug))) for you hun x good luck Hx

I am currently going through chemotherapy after being diagnosed with breast cancer last July. I saw your post and just wanted to give you a big hug and send some caring thoughts your way. Been there and I know how it feels. xxx

Hopefully all will be ok, Docs have a habit of not giving an explanative reason for wanting you back

I was called back as I was told I had a foreign body in my left lung after going for an xray. Two wasted hours later, once the xray turned up it showed my nipple ring. Could they not have seen that

It is human nature when we are nervous or scared to imagine the worst case scenario, have done so myself following "abnormal" results.

It is worth remembering tho that the vast majority of tests are performed to rule things out NOT to rule them in.

In the case of screening as a rule it detects abnormalities BEFORE they become more serious thus making treatment more effective.

To those of you who have had more distressing results, big hugs and sincerely hope treatment is successful.

xx

"It is human nature when we are nervous or scared to imagine the worst case scenario, have done so myself following "abnormal" results.

It is worth remembering tho that the vast majority of tests are performed to rule things out NOT to rule them in.

In the case of screening as a rule it detects abnormalities BEFORE they become more serious thus making treatment more effective.

To those of you who have had more distressing results, big hugs and sincerely hope treatment is successful.

xx"

Thank you x

By *issyyourbadWoman  over a year ago

Dorset

They are always cautious sending you big hugs and will be thinking's of you xxxxxx

Thinking of you

im sure all will be fine but I know what you are going throu as I got the same sort of letter after my smear 2 weeks ago.

stay positive hun xx

"Thinking of you

im sure all will be fine but I know what you are going throu as I got the same sort of letter after my smear 2 weeks ago.

stay positive hun xx"

Thank you, hope all is okay with you too xx

"Thinking of you

stay positive hun xx

Thank you, hope all is okay with you too xx"

thank you x

» Add a new message to this topic