FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > The single female dilemma

The single female dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys.

So been on the site a little while now and quite enjoying it.

What drags it down? The time wasters, and in particular the bogus "single females" !!!!!!

It's the latter that we need the thoughts of you good people on.

We've become extremely dubious about any single females that show interest in us, either via message or a wink etc, all because of the fakes we've come across.

So when making contact, we're reluctant to send pics, expand and share much in messages, and to be perfectly honest expect them to verify themselves fairly quickly with a fem to fem phone call or Skype etc.

Our worry is that because of this, we may well be putting genuine single females off taking things further.

Do the genuine single females experience this from other couples because of the amount of fake single female profiles? Do you also have patience with couples because of this?

And how do other couples work around this?

Would be interesting to find out.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do whatever works for you best. A genuine single female would generally have no problem verifying themselves early on in a get to know you. Contact only verified women, use your filters and bullshit radars.

I think there are time wasters in every category. Generally though , if you can see they have veri's - that helps prove they're genuine , a few public pics, a telephone call - that all cuts down on the possibility of it being a bogus person. Having said that , there are no guarantees ! I generally follow my gut instinct and it serves me well. If something doesn't feel right , I move on.

Took me a while to get verified, i was meeting other non-verified users and didn't even understand this site any more than it being somewhere to hook up, and didn't know there was any advantage to being verified either.

I probably wouldn't have patience for a couple if i felt messed about, i certainly don't have time for single males who do, but i'd have no problem being called within a few messages to confirm myself genuine (was doing this for all meets when i first joined anyway), probably be a bit shy to cam though because i just feel put on the spot to make general chit chat with someone i don't know.

We don't look to meet single females through the site generally...all of our female friends have usually been through parties, clubs and socials...it's easier to not only see they're genuine but also whether they fit in with the whole swinging thing and they get the reassurance that we genuinely both are into the potential of a meet as a mutually satisfying experience rather than looking for a plaything or a performing seal which so many couple seem to come across as looking for...

I have no problem with a phone call or Skype to anyone to prove I'm who I say I am. I am wary of spammers,they pop up everywhere so I would rely on my spidey senses before giving my number and Skype name. I don't want to switch on my webcam to find a shot of a naked groin

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I face to face on Skype early on if all else is in tune.... Some times they don't look like their pics or they never make it to Skype... Seems to save me a lot if time.

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I do meet couples. I do not skype. Not my thing - too many times on skype its been pressure to do more than just chat.

I am verified on here, have pictures and am happy to chat.

If a couple refused to open up in messages, then it would never get as far as a phone call. I swap phone numbers generally when we organise a social meet.

I always meet socially first as well. Never let anyone down, although have been let down last minute by couples and single fellas.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

As a single fem I don't send face pic or Skype to prove who I am, I have enough verifications to clearly not be fake. If anyone doesn't believe so many people then it's their loss. Go to socials and clubs to meet real live unicorns, we're out there

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

"And how do other couples work around this?

"

just have to the cracks, nutters, bunnies and fakes out.... we make it easy to chat to us, we use skype and Kik and if we wanted to go further would give mobile number out...... then a social meet to see if we like/dislike them/her.

"Hi guys.

What drags it down? The time wasters, and in particular the bogus "single females" !!!!!!

We've become extremely dubious about any single females that show interest in us, either via message or a wink etc, all because of the fakes we've come across.

So when making contact, we're reluctant to send pics, expand and share much in messages, and to be perfectly honest expect them to verify themselves fairly quickly with a fem to fem phone call or Skype etc.

Our worry is that because of this, we may well be putting genuine single females off taking things further.

Do the genuine single females experience this from other couples because of the amount of fake single female profiles? Do you also have patience with couples because of this?

Would be interesting to find out. "

I'm quite often asked to go on cam to 'verify' myself and to be honest, I'm just not interested.

I know that I'm a rarer species than the couple that are looking for a bisexual woman, so if they want me to jump through hoops then... they can find another single, bisexual woman.

There hardly aint no single females here, maibe 2% of fab in total lol.

"I'm quite often asked to go on cam to 'verify' myself and to be honest, I'm just not interested.

I know that I'm a rarer species than the couple that are looking for a bisexual woman, so if they want me to jump through hoops then... they can find another single, bisexual woman."

By far tge easiest way to meet single females is off line and in the real world

We'd also never agree to nor expect anyone to Skype or talk on the phone yo verify someone is genuine. Trust your instincts and use common sense

Married, single female here, so probably my post wont count. But im verified but dont meet couples but I am genuine, should my feelings change one day.

"Married, single female here, so probably my post wont count. But im verified but dont meet couples but I am genuine, should my feelings change one day. "

I hope all genuine people are welcome, whatever their status and whatever they are looking for!

"There hardly aint no single females here, maibe 2% of fab in total lol."

Well I'm one of the 2%

There are time wasters in every category, unfortunately.. Couples, where the female half seems remarkably absent, single females that want to charge for their services, or want you to visit their website, etc. I reckon the site does a pretty good job of ing them out.

My biggest gripe is people that chat, agree to meet and then go quiet...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

" I know that I'm a rarer species than the couple that are looking for a bisexual woman, so if they want me to jump through hoops then... they can find another single, bisexual woman."

We certainly don't blame you for this approach! It's very similar to ours. Are we THAT desperate to meet a single female, that we will share pics and chat with potential fakes. The answer is no.

The real difficulty is striking the balance.

Someone mentioned check verifications, but we've discovered that even the fakes have verifications, and then we have to become Sherlock homes In tracing back verifications lol

Someone else mentioned passing on a phone number fairly early. We've discovered this is a pretty quick way to out the fakes. So got ourselves a "play" phone. Cheapo pay as you go! Lol

Really good to hear the different points of view from everyone

I'm a genuine and verified single woman and I wouldn't cam or do a phone call within a few messages to 'prove myself' to you. I have genuine issues with using a phone.

In actual fact less than 5% of the people I meet have my number, with smartphones it's easy enough to access fab from anywhere so I don't see the necessity of it.

If this puts people off meeting me then it's their loss not mine.

"I'm a genuine and verified single woman and I wouldn't cam or do a phone call within a few messages to 'prove myself' to you. I have genuine issues with using a phone.

In actual fact less than 5% of the people I meet have my number, with smartphones it's easy enough to access fab from anywhere so I don't see the necessity of it.

If this puts people off meeting me then it's their loss not mine."

Same here I'm afraid, I don't Skype or go on cam I also don't give my mobile out to anyone without getting to know them first. I'm genuine

"I'm a genuine and verified single woman and I wouldn't cam or do a phone call within a few messages to 'prove myself' to you. I have genuine issues with using a phone.

If this puts people off meeting me then it's their loss not mine.

Same here I'm afraid, I don't Skype or go on cam I also don't give my mobile out to anyone without getting to know them first. I'm genuine "

and same here.

I always meet in cclubs for this reason, I can understand where the op is coming from but I wouldnt feel comfortable jumping through hoops for a couple x

By *ouplelookingforadultfunCouple  over a year ago

Oxfordshire

Genuine females would be meet verified hopefully, or at least can verified.

You can spot the fakes a mile off in the chat rooms, talking all dirty, saying they want to meet!

There was a for instance in the chat room the other day.

A single bi woman wanting to meet a couple, chatting away to a woman who was on cam.

Said she would message to arrange a meet.

She was asked to go on cam.....didn't have one.

So she was asked to ring the woman who was on cam to verify she was indeed female, 10 seconds later she was offline!!!

Trust your gut instinct and you'll never go far wrong.

A genuine female will be happy to verify in one form or another.

"Do whatever works for you best. A genuine single female would generally have no problem verifying themselves early on in a get to know you. Contact only verified women, use your filters and bullshit radars. "

this

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

I know what you mean.. I have now given up on couples, because so many are either just the guy in the driving seat (with an otherwise genuine couple) with no intention of meeting as a couple, or just a guy full stop. Too many times I have heard the same old excuses 'oh mrs is at work / cooking / shopping' when I ask for cam or phone veri.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Do whatever works for you best. A genuine single female would generally have no problem verifying themselves early on in a get to know you. Contact only verified women, use your filters and bullshit radars.

this"

Mmm I suspect the club road is probably for us.

"Do whatever works for you best. A genuine single female would generally have no problem verifying themselves early on in a get to know you. "

I don't agree - I'm genuine but refuse to verify myself beyond what's on my profile early on, why should I? Most couples are just guys and many guys are timewasters - I want the ones who turn up and willing to put the effort in to meeting me. Anyone who is insistent on me proving myself further that early raises a red flag! Just my opinion though

I think one thing that this thread demonstrates is that people are very probably actually dismissing genuine females based on this ridiculous mantra that a genuine female must be willing to prove themselves genuine on cam or phone.

Yet inevitably this will still be stated by many as a fail proof way of ing out the fakes.

There are equally as many fake couples as there are woman on here

in my early days I gave number to verify im a fem, the other fem was never available so never got any further, just ended up with a male texting forever till they got bored as not getting anything from me

As now gained experience in swingland, no woman/couples even men for that matter lol will realize im hard work to meet as I will not verify im real through calls skype or webcam.

Its simple with me all my first meets are at fab socials, party's and clubs.my verifications are proof anough I attend these places.

Woman learn whats best for them, and ive met some amazing people this way, no hassle

"There are equally as many fake couples as there are woman on here

in my early days I gave number to verify im a fem, the other fem was never available so never got any further, just ended up with a male texting forever till they got bored as not getting anything from me

As now gained experience in swingland, no woman/couples even men for that matter lol will realize im hard work to meet as I will not verify im real through calls skype or webcam.

Its simple with me all my first meets are at fab socials, party's and clubs.my verifications are proof anough I attend these places.

Woman learn whats best for them, and ive met some amazing people this way, no hassle "

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I think one thing that this thread demonstrates is that people are very probably actually dismissing genuine females based on this ridiculous mantra that a genuine female must be willing to prove themselves genuine on cam or phone.

Yet inevitably this will still be stated by many as a fail proof way of ing out the fakes.

"

Isn't that up to the individual, though? Personally speaking, if someone doesn't want to speak on phone first, it most likely (but not always) doesn't go any further. That may mean we miss some genuine people, but it also guarantees we don't waste time arranging to meet fakes.

At the end of the day, you will only ever meet and play with people through here if everything matches for all parties, from the tone and content of initial messages to attraction in person. It's foolish to criticise the way people approach things if it works for them.

"Do whatever works for you best. A genuine single female would generally have no problem verifying themselves early on in a get to know you.

I don't agree - I'm genuine but refuse to verify myself beyond what's on my profile early on, why should I? Most couples are just guys and many guys are timewasters - I want the ones who turn up and willing to put the effort in to meeting me. Anyone who is insistent on me proving myself further that early raises a red flag! Just my opinion though "

Me to! I won't cam. I won't phone.Only meet in clubs

In the 4 plus years of being in fab I'd say I've spoken to maybe 4 people on the phone, I've never stood anyone up or been stood up. (So far) everyone else I have met either socially or more I've made arrangements on here or through kik the first time I speak to someone is usually face to face. It works ok for me x

I've no trouble having a f/f phone call early on as it also helps me. Numbers can be easily blocked these days if it all goes tits up.

I'm a single female and I reply to all the messages I can

I show some of my veri's so they know I'm real. I like a fem to fem phone chat early on and then a social as it's easier to chat face to face and see how we get on. I trust my instincts with other people. If it seems odd I stop chatting.

I'm real

"

I don't agree - I'm genuine but refuse to verify myself beyond what's on my profile early on, why should I? Most couples are just guys and many guys are timewasters - I want the ones who turn up and willing to put the effort in to meeting me. Anyone who is insistent on me proving myself further that early raises a red flag! Just my opinion though

Me to! I won't cam. I won't phone.Only meet in clubs"

I'd like to meet u in a club sometime - if only to prove we're both genuine of course

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

".....

"

Quite the opposite. The number of fake couples on here is staggering. I am the one who insists that I see them both on Skype for a normal, fully clothed chat on webcam

On a number of occasions, the 'wife' was tired and in bed, walking the dog, at the knitting class, with the in-laws, bs, bs, bs. That converstaion usually lasts 10 seconds before I hit the 'end call' button

Or better still, they will arrange a date/time for the Skype call and never log on

And it is not only about whether they are real. It is also about whether I find them attractive and they find me attractive. A Skype video call is worth a thousand photographs as it is realtime and full motion. Gives a much better (and true) idea of what the two of them look like than a bunch of photo-shopped, out-of-date photographs

By *ympho7Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I do the typing for my mrs, she hates sitting at the keyboard, trouble is although I identify myself, some dont think there is a mrs, but only when we get to know someone will I give out a phone no.

and prove it

"There are equally as many fake couples as there are woman on here

Woman learn whats best for them, and ive met some amazing people this way, no hassle "

I agree

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Probably best just going out with single guys.

Yer we're all fake but at least you know from the start. LOL

"I'm real "

Hi Dave oopppss sorry lol

"I'm real

Hi Dave oopppss sorry lol "

Shhhhh

Id love to know why people take the trouble to make a profile message you loads of times arrange to meet up and then drop off the site is it me or what

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

If this puts people off meeting me then it's their loss not mine."

By *ngel_38Woman  over a year ago

Staffs

"Hi guys.

Would be interesting to find out. "

Apparently I'm a dirty old man with a fake profile all because I don't have pics of me with spunk on my face and over 100 veris

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

" Angel 48: Apparently I'm a dirty old man with a fake profile all because I don't have pics of me with spunk on my face and over 100 veris "

Well if that's what a 'dirty-old-man' looks like I'd quite happily be a gay gigolo. !!

» Add a new message to this topic