FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > spelling

spelling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why can't people spell on here? Is it bad that we delete emails from people that have horrific spelling? Example - Would love to meet u Too. DELETE. That is unless their really hot

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you'll find that the word their, should actually be spelled they're in this context. You better delete your own post...lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Why can't people spell on here? Is it bad that we delete emails from people that have horrific spelling? Example - Would love to meet u Too. DELETE. That is unless their really hot "

Don't you mean unless 'they are' really hot?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

To the OP.....so if you were at a party or a club and you fancied another person/s, would you ask them to fill in a questionnaire before you took it any further?

"Why can't people spell on here? Is it bad that we delete emails from people that have horrific spelling? Example - Would love to meet u Too. DELETE. That is unless their really hot "
Well my spelling is crap i have Dyslexia and i hope people read my profile see i have that also my reading not that good so spell cheeking things dont work. I dont let it put me of mailing in forum or posting i just hope people understand. jo x

There is no need for peoples bad smelling this day and age.

A bit soap and water stops this problem, so come on guys stop the bad smelling.

Oh... Unless you mean pumping, that's just filth.

"There is no need for peoples bad smelling this day and age.

A bit soap and water stops this problem, so come on guys stop the bad smelling.

Oh... Unless you mean pumping, that's just filth."

well if there was help out there i would have had it,,, i have done most things .... soap and water will not do a thing ,

I see it like this there are all sorts of people here on site like this some like me and yes some who can spell but dont care to take the time . And there are others who dont have a club what its like to have this say you can do this and that to over come it well ,,,,,,, it takes all forums and its not eay to deal with. Has never stopped be doing nothing. jo x

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

The OP clearly has double standards, they expect people to spell well but dont do it themselves.

But all that is ok if they are hot. So not hot people that cant spell are out but hot people who cant spell are in???

I suggest maybe putting on your profile that you think spelling is important enough to put it on the forum. Well unless your hot then it doesnt matter clearly.

I do think giving prospective partners a spelling test maybe a good idea for the OP as someone said if that is important to them.(jole/sarcasm)

Sorry guys but come on!!!

Can I ask any intellectual folk on here please mail the OP with a comprehensive text and in my language lost of big words so they cant understand themselves and then see who is clever and what is important.

Sorry in a grump today but cant believe this is important their grammar is correct.

We all miss type wrong sometimes and sure our grammer isnt great at times but is that really important in a connection with a couple your thinking of meeting. I honestly know nothing and big words for me dont come into play. But i can be funny,silly and have some great meets. Would I have I met dyslexic people,yes. If the personality is there and a connection,yes.

Lesson 1

If you intend to pull other people's spelling apart, make sure your own house is in order, otherwise you run the risk of looking like a real plonker

By *mf4BxJCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

My husband's spelling is poor. He's dyslexic but far from stupid. I try not to judge people on their ability to spell or type on the interwebz.

Spelling is not always an indicator of intelligence. I like people with a lively personality and a degree of intelligence - I don't gauge that based on their ability to pass a spelling test.

Here's a good tip for the OP ... a REALLY good test of whether someone is good in the sack is to ask them to write a paragraph or two and see if they use an abundance of polysyllabic adjectives to premodify the concrete (or abstract - I'm not fussy) nouns. Works every time!

So love thread like this

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"So love thread like this "

Go away, construct that sentence properly, and then come back.

[Removed by poster at 14/09/10 13:59:15]

"So love thread like this "

Thought it might tickle your fancy lol.

Edinburgh

"So love thread like this

Thought it might tickle your fancy lol."

Oh you did, did you?

Just because i'm bi it doesnt mean if you make me laff i'll sleep with you!

(single guys, honestly!)

near kings lynn

Sugar I think you can take pills for a polysisplit noun or whatever it was yoi said??? xxxxx

"Sugar I think you can take pills for a polysisplit noun or whatever it was yoi said??? xxxxx"
lol you make me smile here xxx kisses you

By *1sexypairCouple  over a year ago

Retford

Thought it might tickle your fancy lol."

There is one program the Op could have used to Wright her message on before

Posting on to forum’s and it would have done all her spelling and checked it

Microsoft Word it sure helps me (Mr T) then she could copy and paste all her message’s to check there spelling before deleting them if it concerns her that much

Microsoft Word it sure helps me (Mr T) then she could copy and paste all her message’s to check there spelling before deleting them if it concerns her that much

"

For some its easyer said then done ,, my spelling come and go and its like my reading. Some days better then others .. I know alot about it as had 4 chidren all with it and sent them of to some of the best schools in uk to sort them out at cost of no one but us .One now going to un after being told at 10 his head master never be no good,

Edinburgh

"Spelling is not always an indicator of intelligence. I like people with a lively personality and a degree of intelligence - I don't gauge that based on their ability to pass a spelling test.

Here's a good tip for the OP ... a REALLY good test of whether someone is good in the sack is to ask them to write a paragraph or two and see if they use an abundance of polysyllabic adjectives to premodify the concrete (or abstract - I'm not fussy) nouns. Works every time! "

I prefer any message sent to me to be written in iambic pentameter wherever possible.

But, having said that, if gameforit sent me the worst spelled message in history, i'd head for Norwich post haste 'cos she is cute as!

(but then i'm shallow that way...)

If gameforit sent me the worst spelled message in history, i'd head for Norwich OOO so you would read it no put it start in the pin lol KISSES YOU XX LOL OK snogs ,

For fuck sakes this is a swinging site where we meet up and shag, what the hell has spelling got to do with it. As long as they have tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you, does it really matter if their spelling is not up to scratch. some people

Edinburgh

"tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you"

In itself, makes a big difference. It doesnt need to be prize winning prose.

Just contain more than one sentence, and not contain the word "fuck".

You would'nt think it would be too much to ask.

""tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you"

You would'nt think it would be too much to ask."

well i like word shag better then the F WORD and maybe xx

i also suffer with Dyslexia, luckly most people can figure that out for them selves early on.

once i meet someone in person, they soon see im a fairly intellectual person, with a fair amount of common sence (ok so im fairly "normal")

as for text speak, i can take it and leave it, i use "LOL" and thats about it, i can read most, but luckly ive never cum acrs txt lik dis b4 so tis alrit

"

Spank me

"For fuck sakes this is a swinging site where we meet up and shag, what the hell has spelling got to do with it. As long as they have tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you, does it really matter if their spelling is not up to scratch. some people "

Second that!

There are some people on here who love to pull people up for their spelling especially in the forums.

Personally couldn't give a toss about peoples spelling. We're here to hopefully have fun with folk, not have a grammar lesson but the OP did ask for both barrels saying they don't like poor spelling and in their post there's some wrong spelling

their really hot???

Massive Fail

Edinburgh

Spank me "

Okay.

But only if we can first discuss the relative merits of the good friday agreement vis a vis socio ecomonic development for the relevant stakeholders across the community in Ulster.

And only if i can stay with you when the North West 200 is on.

Under those circumstances, i will not only spank you, i will fuck your brains out until your legs shake like the jelly your mam used to make for birthday parties.

(do you still get pink lemonade and blue lemonade?)

I like the social side of swinging, and everyone harps on about "like minded people". If I can't communicate with someone then there's a problem.

Text speak, abbreviation, profanity...not for me. I certainly wouldn't start a thread about it but we all choose playmates in our own way and "hi hw r u 2day" wouldn't get a response from me.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Has this site does not have a spell check, you can download google spell checker for your browser, so when you fill in a form on ANY website you can check the spelling...so there's no excuse

Spank me

Okay.

But only if we can first discuss the relative merits of the good friday agreement vis a vis socio ecomonic development for the relevant stakeholders across the community in Ulster.

Under those circumstances, i will not only spank you, i will fuck your brains out until your legs shake like the jelly your mam used to make for birthday parties.

"

This is ulster - we dont do politics :D

And as a blow in - what would I know about lemonade, it was brown or white where I grew up.

But please dont let any of that put you off the idea of fucking my brains out

Edinburgh

Spank me

Okay.

And as a blow in - what would I know about lemonade, it was brown or white where I grew up.

But please dont let any of that put you off the idea of fucking my brains out"

Don'r do politics?

Madam, i respectfully beg to differ.

I can still hear John Cole informing me that "Hondootedly, Mossis Thotcher, Ean Peesley, Jorry Adams, James Molineux cot among the pigeons, political hot potato, question mark over peace process..."

Two ducks crossing a road in Coleraine. The one at the back says “Quack! quack!” the other one says “I’m going as quack as I can!”

[Removed by poster at 14/09/10 18:05:30]

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"For fuck sakes this is a swinging site where we meet up and shag, what the hell has spelling got to do with it. As long as they have tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you, does it really matter if their spelling is not up to scratch. some people "

I'd like to have sax with you.

If anyone pulls me apart on spelling and grammer, I would play my trump card and declare English is not my first language!

So far no one has done that, and I have yet to try claiming to be disadvantaged for not having English as my mother tongue!

Edinburgh

"For fuck sakes this is a swinging site where we meet up and shag, what the hell has spelling got to do with it. As long as they have tried to construct a nice email showing interest in you, does it really matter if their spelling is not up to scratch. some people

I'd like to have sax with you."

And Jazz all over her?

Spank me

Okay.

Don'r do politics?

I can still hear John Cole informing me that "Hondootedly, Mossis Thotcher, Ean Peesley, Jorry Adams, James Molineux cot among the pigeons, political hot potato, question mark over peace process..."

Two ducks crossing a road in Coleraine. The one at the back says “Quack! quack!” the other one says “I’m going as quack as I can!”

"

So a shag is out of the question?

"Why can't people spell on here? Is it bad that we delete emails from people that have horrific spelling? Example - Would love to meet u Too. DELETE. That is unless their really hot Well my spelling is crap i have Dyslexia and i hope people read my profile see i have that also my reading not that good so spell cheeking things dont work. I dont let it put me of mailing in forum or posting i just hope people understand. jo x"

ive been chatting to a guy who has dyslexia, some of his messages have been so bad that i couldnt understand what he was saying but i wouldnt dream of having a go at him nor blocking him either for it even if i hate bad spelling. I am more likely to abhor those of my age group that misspell words because i forget some are using a mobile phone to log on

We once arranged to meet a Trio of dyslexics.........ended up a riot

Edinburgh

Spank me

Okay.

Don'r do politics?

So a shag is out of the question?"

Hondootedly not!

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

"Has this site does not have a spell check, you can download google spell checker for your browser, so when you fill in a form on ANY website you can check the spelling...so there's no excuse"

Does this work on non windows mobile smart phones, blackberries,ipads, iphones etc

i can tell you for certain that the ipad predictive text is effing pants

"Has this site does not have a spell check, you can download google spell checker for your browser, so when you fill in a form on ANY website you can check the spelling...so there's no excuse"

Though I hate bad spelling myself a spell checker can miss things like the incorrect Where, were or wear!

Also it is a little harsh to delete out of hand as some may have dyslexia.

Now text speak in an email is a totally different scenario as that is just lazy!

Forum Mod

I don't mind the odd spelling mistake,some typos are hilarious, I doubt id want to spend playtime with anyone that was so anal about spellings that they corrected me or tried to put me down about them...............if I want correction there are far more interesting places than this forum where I could get it from;-)

spelling we don't want to meet for a spelling test just a good old shag lol

Edinburgh

"I don't mind the odd spelling mistake,some typos are hilarious, I doubt id want to spend playtime with anyone that was so anal about spellings that they corrected me or tried to put me down about them...............if I want correction there are far more interesting places than this forum where I could get it from;-)

"

Correct you and put you down?

Yes please!

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

errrrmmmm ...has this site , think you ment AS . PMSL !!!!! guess your spell checker missed that ...lol !!

think this just shows how easily mistakes happen.

i would of thought manners, honestly ,humour ect would be far more important things to look in a person , NOT SPELLING .

so what if a persons spelling is alittle creative !!! its the tone and effort put in to a message . lets turn down the person who introduces themself and has bit of witty banter in the e mail because theres afew spelling mistakes , and meet the person who messages "how about it ,want to fuck"as it spelt correctly lol !!! get real !

theres verious reasons why someones speeling may not be that hot .why should they be made to feel inferior due to some small errors ! people would do well to remember that NO ONES perfect and their faults may be abit more serious than spelling incorrectly .id rather be an awful speller then pompus and elitist

Edinburgh

"Has this site does not have a spell check, you can download google spell checker for your browser, so when you fill in a form on ANY website you can check the spelling...so there's no excuse

errrrmmmm ...has this site , think you ment AS . PMSL !!!!! guess your spell checker missed that ...lol !!

think this just shows how easily mistakes happen.

i would of thought manners, honestly ,humour ect would be far more important things to look in a person , NOT SPELLING .

so what if a persons spelling is alittle creative !!! its the tone and effort put in to a message . lets turn down the person who introduces themself and has bit of witty banter in the e mail because theres afew spelling mistakes , and meet the person who messages "how about it ,want to fuck"as it spelt correctly lol !!! get real !

theres verious reasons why someones speeling may not be that hot .why should they be made to feel inferior due to some small errors ! people would do well to remember that NO ONES perfect and their faults may be abit more serious than spelling incorrectly .id rather be an awful speller then pompus and elitist"

Said by a woman whos' avatar pic would make a structural engineer wipe away a tear of pride.

Why is it that some people seem to take things personally?!! Why should it matter how others pick their playmates?

No wonder people complain so much about time wasters as they're not selective enough! If I can't communicate with someone via the written word it will be a struggle face to face: been there, it was painful.

Don't get me wrong I've met men who have been erudite, written messages to rival Byron who on meeting have been awful! One man would stop me mid flow and say things like "double negative" and "split infinitive!"

He was anal, and not in a way I like. However if I need an international translator or the Rosetta Stone to translate a message it's not going to happen!

Some people are seeking "professionals", others "extremely attractive", me? Someone who can string a couple of sentences together...in English!

By *1sexypairCouple  over a year ago

Retford

You would'nt think it would be too much to ask. well i like word shag better then the F WORD and maybe xx"

For fooks sakes someone did say it’s a swinger’s site and not a spelling completion

Oh fook can’t even spell that right it must be my dyslexia ……. And before any one starts shouting at me yes I am (Mr T) and let me just say it has never bothered me

I see it like this as long as the message is read able who gives a flying fuck as long as my dick works……. when we meet with a couple assuming she wants a Shag Not A

F...k as one nice lady put it

[Removed by poster at 14/09/10 23:07:57]

I do have to chuckle when these threads appear about spelling and then people point out others spelling mistakes while in the same post make some of their own! or is that there own? oh well!

I hear lot of smashing glass from a number of glass houses! lol

As far as I can tell

Not all people here spell badly.

As many as 99% manage to spell o.k.

Lately I have concetrated on grammar.

Leaving spelling to sort itself.

You are right to point it out.

Ruining this forum isn't their intention

Everyone just wants to chat and laugh

Though I have to say some whine a lot.

Especially at spelling mistakes.

Never passes my mind to comment on it.

Twas ever thus.

I have other things to do before bed.

Voicing your opinons on spelling is fine

Even if your grammar is lacking.

You would'nt think it would be too much to ask. well i like word shag better then the F WORD and maybe xx

For fooks sakes someone did say it’s a swinger’s site and not a spelling completion

Oh fook can’t even spell that right it must be my dyslexia ……. And before any one starts shouting at me yes I am (Mr T) and let me just say it has never bothered me

I see it like this as long as the message is read able who gives a flying fuck as long as my dick works……. when we meet with a couple assuming she wants a Shag Not A

F...k as one nice lady put it

"

so its all round your's for a spelling test

"I think you'll find that the word their, should actually be spelled they're in this context. You better delete your own post...lol"

"The OP clearly has double standards, they expect people to spell well but dont do it themselves.

But all that is ok if they are hot. So not hot people that cant spell are out but hot people who cant spell are in???

I suggest maybe putting on your profile that you think spelling is important enough to put it on the forum. Well unless your hot then it doesnt matter clearly.

I do think giving prospective partners a spelling test maybe a good idea for the OP as someone said if that is important to them.(jole/sarcasm)

Sorry guys but come on!!!

Can I ask any intellectual folk on here please mail the OP with a comprehensive text and in my language lost of big words so they cant understand themselves and then see who is clever and what is important.

Sorry in a grump today but cant believe this is important their grammar is correct.

We all miss type wrong sometimes and sure our grammer isnt great at times but is that really important in a connection with a couple your thinking of meeting. I honestly know nothing and big words for me dont come into play. But i can be funny,silly and have some great meets. Would I have I met dyslexic people,yes. If the personality is there and a connection,yes.

"

Agree. Pure snobbery to be so fussy about spelling. Spelling tells us nothing about intelligence, intellect or culture. The overall communication may especially if it shows obvious ignorance and double standards. Innit?

For some its easyer said then done ,, my spelling come and go and its like my reading. Some days better then others .. I know alot about it as had 4 chidren all with it and sent them of to some of the best schools in uk to sort them out at cost of no one but us .One now going to un after being told at 10 his head master never be no good,"

know how u feel. my junior school teacher told my parents the same thing more or less "she is a plodder". They put me into secretarial and I left school at 16 fully qualified got bored after a few years and went back to train as a Graphic Designer which I did until I started my family. I later got recruited to teach English and studied as I taught. So three good careers so far. Hate it when schools and colleges destroy peeps confidence and at the end of the day confidence takes you far.

try http://www.fabswhingers.com/forum/spellingsupport

Would NEVER block someone simply because they couldnt spell!!!!!

jesus.......if meets go by spelling mistake i aint ever gonna get a meet again lol

I think the OP is just being obdurate and very obsteroperous

Good grief...this spelling b still going on?!!

Actually my post was not very helpfull at all so I am sending the OP a bandage to put on the foot he shot himself in

does it matter if someone cant

spell..its the person that matters

no the spelling xx

near kings lynn

I find it strange that the original poster hasnt returned to comment on the many comments left on here.

Strange that??? lol

awww did they not come back and defend themselves ???

xx

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Too busy meeting, it appears.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Well, I can't stand it when people can't spell!!!

Since when has "Of course we will come and fuck you every which way you like, Rumour" been spelt "Fuck off you pair of sad, ugly old gits"???

"Well, I can't stand it when people can't spell!!!

Since when has "Of course we will come and fuck you every which way you like, Rumour" been spelt "Fuck off you pair of sad, ugly old gits"??? "

Thats not nice at all is it, i mean from where im sitting i cant see sad ugly old gits

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

Since when has "Of course we will come and fuck you every which way you like, Rumour" been spelt "Fuck off you pair of sad, ugly old gits"???

Thats not nice at all is it, i mean from where im sitting i cant see sad ugly old gits"

Should have gone to specsavers lol xx

I could care less about Peoples spelling, if I can understand what they have written and it's Friendly that will do.

There have been lots of threads about Peoples spelling and it sucks, stop taking the up yourself pills and give People a break, if the People complaining took a look at themselves and then thought how they would react if they were knocked back for their own shortfalls then maybe they would be nicer People.

Dont disturb me for 25 mins now I'm well grumpy

"I could care less about Peoples spelling, if I can understand what they have written and it's Friendly that will do."

It just seems really petty people judging on spelling. STOP PRESS..... Bad spellers can be nice people too!

"I could care less about Peoples spelling, if I can understand what they have written and it's Friendly that will do.

It just seems really petty people judging on spelling. STOP PRESS..... Bad spellers can be nice people too! "

Its text speak i hate, there's a place for it, in a text message. In an email is just lazy! h8 it h8 it!

I understand what your saying but text speak is now the norm especially with the younger Folk, I don't use it and can't understand half of it and it's not like you could ask the Kids to translate it lol so I think in the next few Years text speak will be standard

Since when has "Of course we will come and fuck you every which way you like, Rumour" been spelt "Fuck off you pair of sad, ugly old gits"??? "

how do you know they are ugly old gits??

» Add a new message to this topic