FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > fake profiles etc

fake profiles etc

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nkedchick40 OP   Woman  over a year ago

central

Can i just ask... how come when you report fake profiles/timewasters/abuse etc nothing is done and they are left to continue on here and get away with it?

No looking to get into a debate im just curious??

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/05/15 19:28:38]

How sure are you its fake?

I have seen numerous profiles deleted by admin so to say nothing is done about it isn't fair on the site owners. With that said they may have missed some reports

[Removed by poster at 31/05/15 19:38:16]

We would like to know the answer too .

Surely if you report a timewasters , and the circumstances and evidence is clear , the least one could expect is a response ?

central

Im not just talking about fakes.. ive reported abuse and people not turning up for meets etc and they are still on here probably doing it to other folk.

"Im not just talking about fakes.. ive reported abuse and people not turning up for meets etc and they are still on here probably doing it to other folk."

I think the problem with people not turning up is proof but I agree with you abuse should not be tolerated (especially where it can be seen in messages)

Abuse is one thing and can be easily rectified. Proving someone fake is another matter. Not turning up to a meet could be for many reasons including cold feet. Also the old two sides to every story complication.

"Im not just talking about fakes.. ive reported abuse and people not turning up for meets etc and they are still on here probably doing it to other folk."

Exactly

"Abuse is one thing and can be easily rectified. Proving someone fake is another matter. Not turning up to a meet could be for many reasons including cold feet. Also the old two sides to every story complication."

And what stops them from telling the meet they aren't going to make it ?

"Abuse is one thing and can be easily rectified. Proving someone fake is another matter. Not turning up to a meet could be for many reasons including cold feet. Also the old two sides to every story complication.

And what stops them from telling the meet they aren't going to make it ? "

In the politest possible sense I think this misses the point, the poster was pointing out that admin cannot do a lot about people not turning up as ultimately there are two sides to every story and to hear one side is not sufficient proof

central

I understand its a 2 sided thing but then if thats the case why have the option of reporting someone for this?

"I understand its a 2 sided thing but then if thats the case why have the option of reporting someone for this? "

good point! I guess if they do it multiple times something might happen?

"We would like to know the answer too .

Surely if you report a timewasters , and the circumstances and evidence is clear , the least one could expect is a response ?"

I think this a dodgy area. Manners (poor ones), not knowing how to turn people down, and individual circumstances can play a part here.

But yeah i also don't see the point in reporting them if nothing is done.

"Abuse is one thing and can be easily rectified. Proving someone fake is another matter. Not turning up to a meet could be for many reasons including cold feet. Also the old two sides to every story complication.

And what stops them from telling the meet they aren't going to make it ?

In the politest possible sense I think this misses the point, the poster was pointing out that admin cannot do a lot about people not turning up as ultimately there are two sides to every story and to hear one side is not sufficient proof "

This isn't always the case , sometimes there really is no excuse or other side to the story .

The point is this - some folk seem to get off on arranging meets and exchanging no end of messages simply to not show up .

Forum Mod

If a recurring theme occurs then they'll look closely and take action if needed

There are always 2 sides to every story,it's not as simple as saying right I think you're fake and expect admin to kick people off the site

Too many malicious people on here that love to abuse the system

Forum Mod

This is from the FAQs

What happens to a report? An admin reviews every single user report we receive. We may permanently suspend a user's account, disable certain aspects of the account or issue them a warning. We won't provide you any feedback on what action we've taken.

By reporting idiots, scammers, spammers and abuse you help make Fab a better place