FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > What happens when you report someone for being abusive?

What happens when you report someone for being abusive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urvyemma OP   Woman  over a year ago

wigan/bolton

Does anyone actually know what happens when you report someone? Do they get a temp ban? Do they get a warning message?

I appreciate admin can't feedback on what or if they have done anything but does anyone actually know what happens?

It drives me nuts that people just get away with sending horrific /nasty messages and don't even get a wrist slap...or maybe they do..

(Yes I have just had a horrible msg for no apparent reason)

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd be interested to know the answer to this

"Does anyone actually know what happens when you report someone? Do they get a temp ban? Do they get a warning message?

I appreciate admin can't feedback on what or if they have done anything but does anyone actually know what happens?

It drives me nuts that people just get away with sending horrific /nasty messages and don't even get a wrist slap...or maybe they do..

(Yes I have just had a horrible msg for no apparent reason) "

Admin block you from there profile, and them from yours, neither of you can unblock each other

I'm not sure, I wonder if it depends on the level of abuse & if they've done it before?

would be interesting to know.

I think they review the message you said was abusive,then they inform the person who send it (I believe)and give them a set amount of chances before a ban.(I think)

By *ubyrumCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Does anyone actually know what happens when you report someone? Do they get a temp ban? Do they get a warning message?

(Yes I have just had a horrible msg for no apparent reason)

Admin block you from there profile, and them from yours, neither of you can unblock each other "

Really? Is that it? So they just separate you like naughty kids?

Do you think they read the horrific messages that are sent by some people?

Well now I am more wound up! Lol

By *ubyrumCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I think they review the message you said was abusive,then they inform the person who send it (I believe)and give them a set amount of chances before a ban.(I think) "

I would like to think this happens at least

By *istressZoeTV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

Mistaking I once advertised selling used knickers on one of the forumns - someone reported this

Admin sent me a message warning me of future conduct and a ban

I emailed back and apologised and since then - no trouble

I'd be surprised if you were abusive to someone and if proven you weren't banned?

By *annooWoman  over a year ago

Hastings

Interested in the answer to this

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"

Admin block you from there profile, and them from yours, neither of you can unblock each other "

I suspect this is about it

By *aisy_and_DukeCouple  over a year ago

bolton

"

Admin block you from there profile, and them from yours, neither of you can unblock each other

I suspect this is about it "

I thought the same! We've reported several abusive messages and also meet no-shows, yet friends tell us the profiles are still on the site.

Absolutely nothing. Seriously of all the guy have that sent me abusive messages theyre all still here being abusive to other women. Had 6 yesterday. All still there.

Didn't you write a very similar post like this last week OP?

"Absolutely nothing. Seriously of all the guy have that sent me abusive messages theyre all still here being abusive to other women. Had 6 yesterday. All still there."

How do you know they're being abusive to other women?

"Absolutely nothing. Seriously of all the guy have that sent me abusive messages theyre all still here being abusive to other women. Had 6 yesterday. All still there."

Wow, 6 in one day, not sure I've had that many in the 5 years I've been on and off here.

Would be better with a zero tolerance on abusive message sending,

One strike out, make it clear on sign up and post rules any offensive behaviour will result in immediate expulsion, then ban with an IP ban for all known IPs for that user

clean the place up a little and set president for other users

I've had a few that have been well out of order,reported them as you should. But they've still been online afterwards

I don't want to jump to conclusions as there's never any excuse for being sent abusive messages, but do you think it has anything to do with how your profile is written ? They say negativity attracts negativity but still, no excuse for it.

You seem to get a lot of abusive messages

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******