FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How do I make that first message count

How do I make that first message count

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ez_91 OP   Man  over a year ago

derby

I don't know about u guys but I'm always getting stuck on that 1st message to some one, I always read there profile but still can Neva say a thing to break the ice! Need som help guys please!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mention something of interest in their profile and base it around that asking them something to encourage a reply.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

If you are getting stuck on the first message how did you manage to get meets op? You may want to change your status as well no ones entitled to a reply

"If you are getting stuck on the first message how did you manage to get meets op? You may want to change your status as well no ones entitled to a reply "

I guess he isn't getting what he want's after all

"If you are getting stuck on the first message how did you manage to get meets op? You may want to change your status as well no ones entitled to a reply "

Agree with this. If I read that status I would block you straight away.

I find asking...

Fancy 1 in the pink and one in the stink?

Works

"I don't know about u guys but I'm always getting stuck on that 1st message to some one, I always read there profile but still can Neva say a thing to break the ice! Need som help guys please!"

Don't ask the guys we don't fucking know! Lol

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

Someone might want to hand him back his toys now

Status sounds like a d*unken slurred rant to me.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

I'm sorry but even if your first message was amazingly interesting, the first thing I'd do is click you profile, see your status and block.

Words like "deem worthy" I doubt are going to attract much more than a block.

We don't meet anyone that's a) needy (see your status) or b) thinks they are in anyway doing us a favour. (See profile)

And if your going to rant on a status at least try and make it readable.

All that said, I encourage everyone to be themselves. If this really is you, fair play, if you get meets(which you do seem to) then they will be exactly what your after and I wouldn't change a thing.

D

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

agree, could do some serious work on profile as comes across very in-your-face. And the status update, lose that ASAP, badly written semi-rant, quick look and most people would click the back button. good luck

Hahahahaha no wonder your not knee deep in clunge!!

Hey its a lottery women are known for their mood changes ( I wouldn't have it any other way ) so you can never say the right thing say as little as poss but be nice saying it

Damn, I thought my profile was bad lol, seriously dude if I was you I would delete it and start again

Hey man you can't even write in English that would help

Quote... I'm a man that gets what I want????

Doesn't sound like it pal!

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

I would read your status and ignore you I'm afraid. We are all here for fun, nobody is interested in ranting and moaning!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Hi Wez.

I think that the first thing you should do is have a search of the forums for other threads about the same subject. Then I would take a good long look at your profile, it's a bit crap. Check all of your spellings in everything you write and try to be positive, negativity is never attractive.

Also, looking at your face pic, you "look" very young. If I was to see you without knowing your age, I'd guess you were 16. You can't do much about that, but It wont help your cause.

Cal

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

[Removed by poster at 30/08/15 10:33:21]

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

[Removed by poster at 30/08/15 10:30:42]

By *enuinetallstuMan  over a year ago

nr beauly

Make an effort to spell and be gramarically correct , thats one of THE worst profiles ive ever seen

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"If you are getting stuck on the first message how did you manage to get meets op? You may want to change your status as well no ones entitled to a reply

Agree with this. If I read that status I would block you straight away. "

I couldn't actually understand the status message...

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

"If you are getting stuck on the first message how did you manage to get meets op? You may want to change your status as well no ones entitled to a reply

I couldn't actually understand the status message..."

Me neither

I couldn't actually understand the status message...

Me neither "

He's moaning that people don't reply!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'm sorry but even if your first message was amazingly interesting, the first thing I'd do is click you profile, see your status and block.

Words like "deem worthy" I doubt are going to attract much more than a block.

We don't meet anyone that's a) needy (see your status) or b) thinks they are in anyway doing us a favour. (See profile)

And if your going to rant on a status at least try and make it readable.

All that said, I encourage everyone to be themselves. If this really is you, fair play, if you get meets(which you do seem to) then they will be exactly what your after and I wouldn't change a thing.

D"

This

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To add to my husbands comments...

Personally I would start again from scratch with the profile and remove the status.

I struggled to read and understand any of it.

However good the message, you need a great profile to entice people to meet you.

Out of interest, are the verifications the result of contacts on here or from parties / clubs?

It may be that you come across a nicer chap in person than is represented in your profile text.

Try to replicate this social side of you on here, if you have had success meeting directly rather than online.

Nita x

Spelling. Also try to finish writing one word before beginning another. Thank me later x.

By *eonardoLoveMan  over a year ago

London

No worries girls will delete your message without reading your profile XD

It is a jungle

You cant, its up to the woman to reply or not lol.

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

"

D

This "

Agree, if your profile is your true self then leave it as it is. You will attract exactly what you seek !

Agree with this. If I read that status I would block you straight away. "

Never seen so many typos in a single status

"I don't know about u guys but I'm always getting stuck on that 1st message to some one, I always read there profile but still can Neva say a thing to break the ice! Need som help guys please!"

Don't take this the wrong way please.

Your spelling and grammar in your status is pretty poor, so I imagine you send the same in messages. You could try that? I have a lot of discomfort reading txtspk and incoherent garble, and I know for a fact many couples and singles do. It's your first impressions that count.

If the couple or woman you are writing to writes well, then you should too. Similarly if they write the same txtspk style then you might be Ok.

I read everyone's profiles too, and you need to work out if you are agar they are looking for, and if you've done what they asked in messages. As a guy, I rarely have more than 2 messages unread when I log in, so it's easy to respond while I'm online. For couples and girls, they can log in and see 100+ messages. So don't think you're the only one not being replied to.

Lastly, given that they usually only have time to read, and not respond, just lay your cards on the table in your first message, and give a face pic if you're ok with that. Tel them what you are into, when you're available, what you like, and be specific about why you are potentially suitable for them, based on having read their profile.

Above all, lower your expectations for a reply, and make yourself sound like someone they would like to reply to by what you have on your profile. They will click on your profile before reading your message to give them an idea of what you will probably write.

Apologies for the spelling mistakes, I'm typing this on my phone, especially since I criticised your writing.

Hope that is helpful.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Think with the big head, not the small one.

By *not69Man  over a year ago

Burnley

Send it to someone you met in a club or at a social

worst profile ever

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Have your message reflect something about you - your character. But focus on who you're contacting, as they're not wanting to be just any other shag.

Expect most messages not to get a reply. I can guarantee that your status update will lose you replies left, right and centre. And get you lots of blocks.

Many look at the sender's profile, before they read a message. So get that in order.

Just now your profile seems to be for a party organizer, and that's less of a single male profile that some will want. Get it to reveal more about you, that others may find attractive. There's no guarantee.

And keep your messages light, interesting and pertinent to the recipients.

derby

Ok so I have a fractures hand and it's hard for me to type. I only asked for help not to be belittled. Ok the profile has gone, but iv always read people's profiles and spoke about it to them, thanks anyway guys

"You cant, its up to the woman to reply or not lol."
hey a little tip for you you are in great shape and seem to have a negative attitude maybe your luck would change if you changed your username

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I haven't read the whole thread OP but what I would suggest, in the nicest possible way, is that you do a spell check and write in a language that us ladies can understand. You get me??

"You cant, its up to the woman to reply or not lol. hey a little tip for you you are in great shape and seem to have a negative attitude maybe your luck would change if you changed your username "
lol no my username is fine. I do get offers, just all are to far

As you may have gathered my original post was tongue in cheek.

From experience there is no guaranteed method in massaging. All I can suggest is

Be polite

Relate it to the profile and couple

More importantly

I never expect a reply, that way, you are never really disappointed!

I hope you enjoy your time on Fab and I wish you luck!

"Someone might want to hand him back his toys now

Status sounds like a d*unken slurred rant to me."

His profile is worse...lol

type more than hello

"Ok so I have a fractures hand and it's hard for me to type. I only asked for help not to be belittled. Ok the profile has gone, but iv always read people's profiles and spoke about it to them, thanks anyway guys"
type common interests on your message and no capitals as that is seen by many as shouting 2 to 4 lines for message

"You cant, its up to the woman to reply or not lol. hey a little tip for you you are in great shape and seem to have a negative attitude maybe your luck would change if you changed your username lol no my username is fine. I do get offers, just all are to far "
it must be awful since that bush was felled in your village

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"I don't know about u guys but I'm always getting stuck on that 1st message to some one, I always read there profile but still can Neva say a thing to break the ice! Need som help guys please!type more than hello"

Maybe if he used the line of a Lionel Richie song?. 'Hello, is it me your looking for?' Might work.

London

"Ok so I have a fractures hand and it's hard for me to type. I only asked for help not to be belittled. Ok the profile has gone, but iv always read people's profiles and spoke about it to them, thanks anyway guys"

No one has belittled you. You've said you're not getting replies. We've pointed out people read the profile before the message. If the profile is, well, like yours, well...you know the result.

Your profile is awful.

Even when i do fancy someone, if they mention anything about me having to reply (even to say no thanks) i just delete their message to pis them off more.

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

"Ok so I have a fractures hand and it's hard for me to type. I only asked for help not to be belittled. Ok the profile has gone, but iv always read people's profiles and spoke about it to them, thanks anyway guys

No one has belittled you. You've said you're not getting replies. We've pointed out people read the profile before the message. If the profile is, well, like yours, well...you know the result.

Your profile is awful. "

People "read" profiles, but do they really care?...

It's a crap shoot....

I think the only way is to get out there in the real world first, discover what it is about the "scene" you like, who attracts you, then aim solely for those folks...

There are millions of reasons not to do a thing, but only one to do it...

derby

Ok so yeah like I said about the spelling and the way i typing is downtown my hand, and ok I get profile was terrible.

"You cant, its up to the woman to reply or not lol. hey a little tip for you you are in great shape and seem to have a negative attitude maybe your luck would change if you changed your username "

Having chatted a lot to the lovely Mr Shag, I can categorically say he does not have a negative attitude, he's a bloody good laugh

"Ok so yeah like I said about the spelling and the way i typing is downtown my hand, and ok I get profile was terrible."

Wez, make a positive start by deleting your headline! It's very negative and I'm sure gives the wrong impression

"Ok so yeah like I said about the spelling and the way i typing is downtown my hand, and ok I get profile was terrible.

Wez, make a positive start by deleting your headline! It's very negative and I'm sure gives the wrong impression"

And he never even said please!!

derby

Ok thanks

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

As you profile is only two lines and states that it is under construction , you will attract little interest . Members are not mind readers and will be unable to imagine all your key selling points .

Anyone reading your status will ignore you . Forum rules state that there is no need to reply to messages and in addition there are a large number of spelling mistakes in the status .

Complete your profile and your luck might improve .

Looking at your status you have two ways to go.

1) learn to write/speak English

2) write to someone who understands fluent bollocks.....because that is what your status seems to be written in!

Not looking for single guys but verified by two?

"Not looking for single guys but verified by two? "

A previous version of his profile said he's involved with parties if I remember rightly so they're probably from them.

derby

And.. What you trying to get at

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Agree with a lot of the views said already.

Part of your problem is you have to stand out against the 100's of other guys!

Your Status Line could do with considerable clearing up; it is riddled with spelling errors, the odd text speak word, but overall, it matches your Profile - ill thought out and apart from the ranting, suggests lack of effort.

That puts people off! Hence lack of messages!

"And.. What you trying to get at "

Like a lot of "Straight guys", you seem to be hiding your bi side.

Staffordshire Moorlands

You 'prefer the old lady's'!!??? That'll go diwn well! Not!

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

The status message is now at least shorter but still makes no sense.

Claiming you're "ruff and dominant" probably doesn't go down well as I believe ladies are likely to focus on the "ruff" bit, but leave it be if that's how you want to come across. It's your profile after all.

Staffordshire Moorlands

"The status message is now at least shorter but still makes no sense.

Claiming you're "ruff and dominant" probably doesn't go down well as I believe ladies are likely to focus on the "ruff" bit, but leave it be if that's how you want to come across. It's your profile after all."

So...he wants to be "ruff" with old ladys? I think I can see the queue forming round the block as we speak......

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Claiming you're "ruff and dominant" probably doesn't go down well as I believe ladies are likely to focus on the "ruff" bit, but leave it be if that's how you want to come across. It's your profile after all.

So...he wants to be "ruff" with old ladys? I think I can see the queue forming round the block as we speak...... "

what, round the block of the bingo hall?

Staffordshire Moorlands

So...he wants to be "ruff" with old ladys? I think I can see the queue forming round the block as we speak......

what, round the block of the bingo hall? "

Yup, that's the one!

Wembley

"And.. What you trying to get at

Like a lot of "Straight guys", you seem to be hiding your bi side."

He could have just met them at a club and chatted

Or he could have been with a woman in a threesome. It doesn't mean he is hiding anything

Having said that, being 'bi' is the least of his problems. I very much doubt that a 'bi' guy will want to meet reading that profile

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

So...he wants to be "ruff" with old ladys? I think I can see the queue forming round the block as we speak...... "

Ruff with old ladys........ up to the grand old age of 30

derby

Old lady's? No I'm 23 so mid 30s is older to me. U guys take this way to far lol

London

Ruff with old ladys........ up to the grand old age of 30 "

...that made me giggle!

Wembley

Ruff with old ladys........ up to the grand old age of 30

...that made me giggle!"

I guess that rules me out as ruff old grandmas are not on his 'hit' list

derby

It was a typing mistake, and what's to. With saying I'm dominant? That's just what I'm I'm to

Ruff?? Are you into dogging too?

Wembley

"Ruff?? Are you into dogging too? "

Thats, 'woof'; 'ruff' is naturist

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"It was a typing mistake, and what's to. With saying I'm dominant? That's just what I'm I'm to"

There are a lot of guys that claim to be Dominant when really they just like rough sex there is a difference between the two

what I wouldn't do is attach pics of other women sucking your knob like someone did to me yesterday....

and then when I replied no thanks HE said I was heartless for giving that as a reason!!

OP I find your profile incomprehensible. I'm afraid this smacks of laziness and immaturity and I'm afraid a lot of people on here will be put off. Sort out your profile and then concentrate on your first message.

"Ruff?? Are you into dogging too?

Thats, 'woof'; 'ruff' is naturist "

Haha my mistake!Remember though i'm up north,we speak different up here...

Or he could have been with a woman in a threesome. It doesn't mean he is hiding anything

Having said that, being 'bi' is the least of his problems. I very much doubt that a 'bi' guy will want to meet reading that profile"

there's a bi guy on his friends list, just saying.

What's a wan with a big ass?

You say you want older older women (up to 30 years old!) who have to be confident and dirty minded and want to be dominated. I can't see many women wanting to be dominated by a man that looks as young as you do.

I'd just concentrate on people your age or younger and tidy up all the spelling and grammar mistakes on your profile.

Wembley

Having said that, being 'bi' is the least of his problems. I very much doubt that a 'bi' guy will want to meet reading that profile

there's a bi guy on his friends list, just saying. "

You may be right. I just wasn't bothered enough to check anything on that profile; there wasn't much there which I could 'ruffly' translate

From reading the earlier threads I think you've probably made some changes already. The one thing that doesn't read well, to me anyway, is the ruff dominant stuff. Sounds like you would like to experience that kind of thing but being 'ruff' doesn't make me want to meet u. You are, compared to a lot of the site, quite young and look even younger in your pics. Why are u here and not picking up girls like most guys your age? Are u looking for new experiences? Looking for something different? Looking for an older women to teach you? Do u have a dark side and if so what gets you off?

I would rather see a profile that shows what a younger guy is really looking for, not just a 'i like it rough so u will too' profile.

If theres nothing deeper below the surface, the older women, with lots of experience, will not give u a second look.

Good luck.

Miss Nico

By *lirtyGirl1Woman  over a year ago

Northwest

"Mention something of interest in their profile and base it around that asking them something to encourage a reply. "

By *rotiquexxxMan  over a year ago

Unquenchable Desires

"Mention something of interest in their profile and base it around that asking them something to encourage a reply. "

Ask questions that make them think..... So, when was you last triple ended?

» Add a new message to this topic