FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Should I, shouldn't I

Should I, shouldn't I

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys, help sway my thoughts if you will.

I met a couple back in feb, they're very nice. We had an awsome meet and all agreed to meet again. Anyway since then we've arranged to meet twice but in both occasions they've cancelled a couple of hours before. And today they've just asked to meet again.

I don't mind cancelled meets but i a have a good few people i already get together with and cant really be bothered with the hassle. Thing is they were really hot lol.

Should i arrange a meet do you think or pass them up gently?

I am considering the latter...

Cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Give them one more go. If they cancel again then dump them.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I think it depends on the circumstances of the cancellation on their part but pass them by this time so they are aware they can't just leave you dangling .... just what would do.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I do the old 'goldfinger' adage: once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Two chances only then blocked and forgotten - especially with such short notice. It's thoughtless if it keeps happening.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Presumably they gave a reason previously?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not into giving chances. If people have a good reason for canceling then they get one more chance. Otherwise, once is enough.

Harsh, but that's how we operate on here. I would say to pass them up.

-Courtney

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Move on... if they get in touch thats their choice... dont do the running around. If they dont get in touch... says it all

The first time they cancelled was in the afternoon because of lady problems, so i didn't mind too much as that happens.

And the second time they said they'd had an argument like 1 hour before hand. Which makes me think they were arguing about the meet.

I think I'll give them a swerve this time.

By *ivnwcplCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

"Hi guys, help sway my thoughts if you will.

I met a couple back in feb, they're very nice. We had an awsome meet and all agreed to meet again. Anyway since then we've arranged to meet twice but in both occasions they've cancelled a couple of hours before. And today they've just asked to meet again.

I don't mind cancelled meets but i a have a good few people i already get together with and cant really be bothered with the hassle. Thing is they were really hot lol.

Should i arrange a meet do you think or pass them up gently?

I am considering the latter...

Cheers"

Bin Them...If we get a meet cancelled then we always give them a 2nd chance, but if they do it again then they get blocked

Darlaston

"The first time they cancelled was in the afternoon because of lady problems, so i didn't mind too much as that happens.

And the second time they said they'd had an argument like 1 hour before hand. Which makes me think they were arguing about the meet.

I think I'll give them a swerve this time. "

2 lets downs? Hmmm i would let them contacts you...if i was you

I would bin them and block them .... in fact i would have done after the first cancellation

Darlaston

"I would bin them and block them .... in fact i would have done after the first cancellation "

I did think that.. but then thought was i too ruthless..

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"The first time they cancelled was in the afternoon because of lady problems, so i didn't mind too much as that happens.

I think I'll give them a swerve this time. "

How good a time did you have,it you want to repeat it then go for it. State any more cancellations and that's it though.

"I would bin them and block them .... in fact i would have done after the first cancellation

I did think that.. but then thought was i too ruthless.. "

Definitely too ruthless,things come up. Why would you block and deny yourself a great meet when it could be for a very good reason.

Darlaston

"I would bin them and block them .... in fact i would have done after the first cancellation

Definitely too ruthless,things come up. Why would you block and deny yourself a great meet when it could be for a very good reason."

Fair point. But shouldnt they do the running around to re-arrange a new meet and not the person who was let down.

Definitely too ruthless,things come up. Why would you block and deny yourself a great meet when it could be for a very good reason.

Fair point. But shouldnt they do the running around to re-arrange a new meet and not the person who was let down."

We shouldn't overthink things it's not about running around,it's about being civilised,rearrange another time you can both make it,if they cancel again then ditch for definite.

Fair point. But shouldnt they do the running around to re-arrange a new meet and not the person who was let down."

I haven't chased them, each time they have contacted me. And I've agreed then they've cancelled.

I think you're all mostly right though. I'll give them a polite no thanks

Definitely too ruthless,things come up. Why would you block and deny yourself a great meet when it could be for a very good reason."

I am ruthless plus I have found through experience that generally if someone has cancelled once then they are likely to cancel again !

2 let downs no move on

Just replied now saying i am busy well into the new year and have regular other meets arranged. Hope that subtley puts the point across lol

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I generally would give one chance for a cancellation - but depending on the reason.

2 cancellations would be an instant no, and no subtle message - i'd be quite clear that I do not appreciate my time being wasted with such short notice, wish them well and block them.

There is a simple formula for this: Take her score out of ten and then subtract the number of meets you've had in the last 6 months. If the answer is greater than 5 then block them.

"Just replied now saying i am busy well into the new year and have regular other meets arranged. Hope that subtley puts the point across lol"

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Use your instincts.

I'm human and life gets in the way. If I cancelled then I'd have a decent reason. I would credit other people with having a similar ethic to me or I'd not have arranged to meet them in the first place.

It's not the sort of thing I can give accurate advice on because I don't know either of you. I rely on my instincts about people and I understand that shit happens. If you don't feel that way then you need to make a decision for yourself.

» Add a new message to this topic