FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Do women and couples use the search function?

Do women and couples use the search function?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

... or do you just filter through your messages and pick out guys that you're interested in?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

I mainly use the search facility hun. I block all men x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some must search....the ones that send first messages to guys.

Yes we do. Normally send a wink then.

Laura x

I use the search function to see what goodies are around that I haven't seen before

The latter. I'm too lazy to scroll through pages of men within 20 miles of me. There's millions.

Thanks for the replies... I'm not going to be messaging anymore as I just feel like a creep ha I know my chances will be slimmer but good to know that people are looking about

We use said facility

Sometimes I use the search facility to see whats around and did yesterday but didn't find anyone new to spark me into meeting. May have to widen my search a bit

We use it often.

For us, it has to be a nicely written profile that catches our eye more than anything.

"We use it often.

For us, it has to be a nicely written profile that catches our eye more than anything. "

That's what I'm hoping with my profile... I think the type of people I am hoping to attract will appreciate my profile... at some point! ha I'm an average looking guy in all honesty but I am genuine and well educated guy - and I do keep myself in good shape- so fingers crossed

Your profile reads really well op so I can't understand that you'd have a problem

We don't seek people out, have enough guys hotlisted for now

By *ngeluk69Woman  over a year ago

Near enough

"Your profile reads really well op so I can't understand that you'd have a problem "

"Your profile reads really well op so I can't understand that you'd have a problem

"

Thanks both much appreciated!

By *aeriequeenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

I don't use this either as there's so many other avenues to find people including the forums

"I don't use this either as there's so many other avenues to find people including the forums "

I try and get involved as much as possible... also frequent the chat rooms from time to time

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I tend not to search.

I find the forums and our socials have plenty to offer too.

Just like this thread has brought the OP into my line of sight

"We don't seek people out, have enough guys hotlisted for now "

Yeah, I guess if you have some decent people already - 'if it ain't broke' as they say...

Grantham

OP you have my permission to message me any time

"I tend not to search.

I find the forums and our socials have plenty to offer too.

Just like this thread has brought the OP into my line of sight "

you're making me blush ha

I usually only pick interesting ones from mails x

Grantham

"Just like this thread has brought the OP into my line of sight

you're making me blush ha"

If I see a nice guy I say so

Manchester

"I don't use this either as there's so many other avenues to find people including the forums

I try and get involved as much as possible... also frequent the chat rooms from time to time "

I'll look out for you if I pop in

"I usually only pick interesting ones from mails x"

I guessed that's what most women/couples do... no real need to go searching. I find it really difficult to write a first message without being boring or creepy...I was expecting a lot when I first joined but my expectations have been re-aligned ha just going to sit back and see what happens now, just it as a sexual Facebook!

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

N blocks all and sends winks out using either search function or who's viewed the profile.

B

"N blocks all and sends winks out using either search function or who's viewed the profile.

B"

I was also wondering why more people don't just block all single guys and take this approach. Slight ego boost element you think?

"Thanks for the replies... I'm not going to be messaging anymore as I just feel like a creep ha I know my chances will be slimmer but good to know that people are looking about "

This is pretty much how I use fab.

I also started posting on the forums just to give insight as to my personality and sense of humour - this hasn't worked out so well....

I do

Manchester

"N blocks all and sends winks out using either search function or who's viewed the profile.

B

I was also wondering why more people don't just block all single guys and take this approach. Slight ego boost element you think?"

I don't think ego boost just a way of people coming to your attention. Some just prefer to be more proactive than reactive

B

I was also wondering why more people don't just block all single guys and take this approach. Slight ego boost element you think?

Yeah, maybe that's me being a bit cynical ha

I don't think ego boost just a way of people coming to your attention. Some just prefer to be more proactive than reactive"

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I will use the search but often don't find anything nearby that peaks my interest.......

So I tend to use forums and clubs for my fun

"Thanks for the replies... I'm not going to be messaging anymore as I just feel like a creep ha I know my chances will be slimmer but good to know that people are looking about

I also started posting on the forums just to give insight as to my personality and sense of humour - this hasn't worked out so well...."

It's a tough gig... just have to think that you haven't lost anything by being on here. It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think. I'm a pretty average looking guy and there are plenty of good looking men to choose from so I'm pretty far down the pecking order.

We do as we are running out of locals we like and haven't already met

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

I now tend to get messaged more often than sending initial messages, but when I first started four years ago, I sent far more messages which were speculative but customised.

"Thanks for the replies... I'm not going to be messaging anymore as I just feel like a creep ha I know my chances will be slimmer but good to know that people are looking about

I also started posting on the forums just to give insight as to my personality and sense of humour - this hasn't worked out so well....

It's a tough gig... just have to think that you haven't lost anything by being on here. It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think. I'm a pretty average looking guy and there are plenty of good looking men to choose from so I'm pretty far down the pecking order. "

Its cold and dark down here

Grantham

B

I was also wondering why more people don't just block all single guys and take this approach. Slight ego boost element you think?"

In what sense? I only meet single guys. I like single guys. Why should I block them?

It's a tough gig... just have to think that you haven't lost anything by being on here. It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think. I'm a pretty average looking guy and there are plenty of good looking men to choose from so I'm pretty far down the pecking order. "

I think you look great however, I'm too old for you, too far away and have no idea what type of woman you're looking for so would never attempt to message you

Grantham

"It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think."

For a few people it does but for most it comes down to personality.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

We search occasionally but most of our meets are from messages or winks that we've responded to.

"... or do you just filter through your messages and pick out guys that you're interested in?"

Both! Rarely have time to search though!

I find it useful looking through male hot photos occasionally and messaging the guys local to me who interest me! Saves me looking through countless profiles who have no pics at all or just cock pics!

B

In what sense? I only meet single guys. I like single guys. Why should I block them?"

The people who complain about having 100s of messages... you can just block single guys and just use the search function or the 'who has looked you' to find people you're interested in. I think some people like receiving all the messages because it makes them feel wanted. Just a hunch... could be wrong!

Grantham

"The people who complain about having 100s of messages... you can just block single guys and just use the search function or the 'who has looked you' to find people you're interested in. I think some people like receiving all the messages because it makes them feel wanted. Just a hunch... could be wrong!"

I know what you meant but I do not have my inbox open because I need to feel wanted.

Equally I don't complain about getting messages.

Everyone uses this site as they like and assuming things about a whole sex is often dangerous on here

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

I always search, why would I not, that would mean i'm only settling on the best that messages, not seeking the ones I think are best to meet

"It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think.

For a few people it does but for most it comes down to personality."

On a swinging site? You have that the wrong way round

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman  over a year ago

Burbage

"Thanks for the replies... I'm not going to be messaging anymore as I just feel like a creep ha I know my chances will be slimmer but good to know that people are looking about "

so youre going to settle with the best of the bunch that messages you instead of looking for what you feel is best

so youre going to settle with the best of the bunch that messages you instead of looking for what you feel is best"

I won't settle, i will only meet people I'm attracted to (and intelligence is part of that attraction for me). I will continue to nosey about and see what happens. If nothing does, there is nothing lost. fab is fun either way!

"I usually only pick interesting ones from mails x

I guessed that's what most women/couples do... no real need to go searching. I find it really difficult to write a first message without being boring or creepy...I was expecting a lot when I first joined but my expectations have been re-aligned ha just going to sit back and see what happens now, just it as a sexual Facebook! "

we don't expect much but more than just a hi lol

We do both, search and look through our mail.

-Courtney

Grantham

"It comes down to looks at the end of the day i think.

For a few people it does but for most it comes down to personality.

On a swinging site? You have that the wrong way round"

Ok, if you say so.

Stop lying in other threads people

I often wonder this too!

The only people who seem to approach me are clearly fake!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!

yes we use the search function - its there to be used

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

"yes we use the search function - its there to be used "

And so do we as we get very few approaches. *shrug* It is there to be used and as we appreciate a good tool... not punning.. we use it.

and yes we admire the above poster.

L2

"... or do you just filter through your messages and pick out guys that you're interested in?"

We search. Do wish the search facility is a bit more flexible and it does seem times throw up profiles outside the parameters set.

It non verified members show up when we've said only show profiles verified by meet(s).

"yes we use the search function - its there to be used

And so do we as we get very few approaches. *shrug* It is there to be used and as we appreciate a good tool... not punning.. we use it.

and yes we admire the above poster.

L2"

do you know how much youve made me blush tonight - made my day xx

By *ing and RideCouple  over a year ago

stockport

Search to browse, yes.

By *ophie SteveCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

When we're staying away from home we use the 'See who's near' facility to seek out single guys who might be up for paying us a spontaneous visit. Not been disappointed so far!

Have never searched or sent anyone a message...

"I often wonder this too!

The only people who seem to approach me are clearly fake!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!"

I would of messaged you first if you lived closer... I don't travel more than 30 miles.. So I very rarely nessage anyone first outside of that

» Add a new message to this topic