FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Moderators - double standards

Moderators - double standards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex321 OP   Man  over a year ago

romford

Hi

I understand in chat rooms ur not allowed to direct (except directing room) but surely there should be something to put in place so that some moderators dont ban someone for the slightest thing. Some moderators think they have all the power and if they dont like u they will block u. I said to a lady could she show me her face and i got blocked while in the next line another guy said to another lady can u show me ur asse and he didnt get blocked. If moderators are going to be strict they should be strict across the board.

My suggestion would be to give someone a warning and if they do again then to block them. As every1 knows its quite easy to get carried away in chat rooms.

Any comments?

Paul

p.s sorry this was long but i have 4 hrs to kill lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have always had good banter in the chatroom but.....

the other night i was flriting with someone in the room and said to him 'your supposed to get undressed not dressed' the mod came on and said 'watch your wording' then another one saying 'or you will be banned' wtf!!!!

So now its put me off going in.... one rule for one and all that crap

Stay in the forums...you can say anything here and still be luuuurved

By *aradisecplCouple  over a year ago

bristol

If u know u shouldnt direct apart from the directing room why do it ... think before u type then u wont get banned and as for double standards some mods see some things as directing that others dont ... The rules are there for u to read if u dont agree then take it up with the admin .. us mods are here for fun just as much as everyone else.. just remember READ TWICE TYPE ONCE and this will keep u chatting

Ooooy why have you got an apple shape and us minions have poxy square boxes...I want one...not fair lol

"If u know u shouldnt direct apart from the directing room why do it ... think before u type then u wont get banned and as for double standards some mods see some things as directing that others dont ... The rules are there for u to read if u dont agree then take it up with the admin .. us mods are here for fun just as much as everyone else.. just remember READ TWICE TYPE ONCE and this will keep u chatting "

i appreciate the no directing .... but i was just chatting to a guy i know and he said "get yr cam on" i mean, where is the harm in that. he got banned instantly , personally thats bloody ridiculous , cant believe ppl get banned for something so petty... where i'm from its the way we speak, i say " get yr cam on" not would u like to put yr cam on, maybe i need elocution lessons ( and spelling lessons) lol

power crazy !!!!

So it gonna get to the stage where we watch are P nd Q's next??

Just think its crazy especially when i have used this site for a while and been a swinger for a lot of years, i aint stupid and would not abuse it but little tiny things like that........seems so pathetic if you ask me.

Am i back at school?

Maybe the chat mods need reminding this is a swing site, pmsl.

To be honest we don't really bother with the chat rooms, and partly due to so many complaints about the chat mods, I have been a chat mod, now a forum mod, also been a forum admin, and in no way have we had to ban so many and for so little reason, going off what people say and have said about the chat rooms I believe a shake up is needed as it would appear some have no ferkin idea what a chat mod is there for.

W

oh cool, smilies, when dod they appear?.

"Maybe the chat mods need reminding this is a swing site, pmsl.

To be honest we don't really bother with the chat rooms, and partly due to so many complaints about the chat mods, I have been a chat mod, now a forum mod, also been a forum admin, and in no way have we had to ban so many and for so little reason, going off what people say and have said about the chat rooms I believe a shake up is needed as it would appear some have no ferkin idea what a chat mod is there for.

W

oh cool, smilies, when dod they appear?. "

your a forum mod and u didnt know we had smilies o lol where u been

Double standards ???

I allow all my friends to do anything they wish in the chatrooms whilst I ban others for no good reason

Don't see any problems there ..

Sheeeesh, some people complain about anything these days

"Double standards ???

I allow all my friends to do anything they wish in the chatrooms whilst I ban others for no good reason

Sheeeesh, some people complain about anything these days "

red u need a spank

W

your a forum mod and u didnt know we had smilies o lol where u been "

I'm not a forum mod here, lol.

I been away a little while, popped back and found these smilies, how very cool, I may well stick around.

W

W

your a forum mod and u didnt know we had smilies o lol where u been

I'm not a forum mod here, lol.

I been away a little while, popped back and found these smilies, how very cool, I may well stick around.

W "

wud be rude not too

"Double standards ???

Sheeeesh, some people complain about anything these days

red u need a spank "

Yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

".... but i was just chatting to a guy i know and he said "get yr cam on" i mean, where is the harm in that. he got banned instantly"

i've seen this happen before and i agree with you that its techniquly not directing because it was more said in jest... however, the mods chat whilst in the room too and dont always see the context something is written in. if a stranger said to me 'get yr cam on' i would see that as directing.

it's just your luck if the mods have been following your conversation or not.

xx

has seen bans for:

girl drinking milk on cam.. single m says "can i have a sip :P???" -BANNED.

girl rolling below cam.. mod whispered "if thats a joint turn ur cam off or i will ban u" .. she didnt see this "threat" (clearly a threat) and was banned to look up from rollin off cam and find this out... for the mod to be told they were wrong. lol...

but i've also seen a friend of mod DIRECTING a mod, .. mods reply? "oh you're so greedy!!" no ban lol....

Some.. are power button happys, harsh but true. Their only power in the world. peeps like bucks (a mod) warn and argue a point, -the best mod i've ever seen in 20 yrs of web chat... others at milk sips think they're net police :| .. it'll never change, sadly! x

The worst thing these sites abolished a while back is 3 strike rule. Newbies don't know, and don't read the rules.. -hell, they want to see cams, not read! and have fun.. they get banned, very upset, and don't renew. I honestly think bad modding costs the site members and dough. Chesh for president pmsl.. some other mods are good i must say.. but a general chill pill should be handed out to some, as you're only human too, with human judgement (error is a no cost option not just with cars), u were new once, and also single and keen, and pissed up lol :p

educate is my word for mods, it's all i'd ask, not ban, jail, bollock lol... they're simply learner drivers lol...

I really hate being directed, but personally I think that people should be given at least one warning before being banned. This just seems like it would be fair xx

The very reason we stick to the forums now, not that we have been banned for any reason but were not happy to be thinking about what to say and rechecking what should be said instead of just reacting and saying what comes to mind first, reminded us of cold war Russia, say the wrong thing and never be seen again.

Keep on smiling cos we got the forums.

Xxx

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

It's worth remembering in all this that a "ban" for directing expires after 1 hour automatically.

Admin x

"It's worth remembering in all this that a "ban" for directing expires after 1 hour automatically.

Admin x"

it didnt the other night, he got 4 hours !

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If that's the case then whoever was modding selected the wrong reason when "banning". We'll look into this.

Admin x

"If that's the case then whoever was modding selected the wrong reason when "banning". We'll look into this.

Admin x"

possibly the fact he told her she wasnt his type last week

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

" Chesh for president pmsl.. some other mods are good i must say.. but a general chill pill should be handed out to some, as you're only human too, with human judgement (error is a no cost option not just with cars), u were new once, and also single and keen, and pissed up lol :p

educate is my word for mods, it's all i'd ask, not ban, jail, bollock lol... they're simply learner drivers lol..."

Pssst Mr3, wrong site, we are rugby here not Chesh

i agree should be same rules for all , however the mods are there for a reason i guess , as mentioned the rules are clear and are there for all , personaly i think what is said about reading twice and typing once is spot on , on the plus side though at least ur getting a bit of banter in the rooms , usually i find it hard work to get anywhere in it .

By *eyland and lyssaCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

100 percent right _ssex321

Simple eh.. We can have some Mods for the mods.. Then those mods can mod each other.. then if all is modded well the need for mods will be moderated ...

[Removed by poster at 07/07/09 17:52:54]

thort a warning was enough for first directing cos someone could be new or forget they aint in directing room. Hell if everyone who misbehaved was banned site would be empty lol. I know i am a chat mod but does not wear a heavy boot, would weigh me down, you can enjoy chatting in a chat room and moderate it fairly, thats the only way to go and if some moderators are not being fair every member has the right to complain to admin, anyway happy chatting, oh damn where did i put those sexy boots now lol

The system needs to be there to stop abuses, and as with every system there will be flaws, mistakes made, wrong reasons for bans, even wrong ppl banned. We are all human. The mods are all voulenteers so if you think you have been wrongly banned approach them like I did and they will try to help, but at the end of the day its probably better to chill and have an early night, than get into an arguement

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I'd be interested to get an idea of what people's views are on what directing actually is.

In my view its simple:

Asking someone who is on cam to do something for you.

Seems some of the chat mods have some funny ideas tho

For example I have been warned for directing for asking a member if they posess a webcam.

I have also been warned for directing for suggesting that a certain lady (who was not on cam at the time) might like to perform a lingerie fashion show for myself and her husband when we met in person.

So not only is the moderation in the chatrooms extremely heavy handed at times, but some of the mods are actually pretty clueless as well.

I'd suggest that if anyone does fall foul of a clueless / heavy handed mod, they simply report them stating exactly what happened - enough complaints about an idiot mod and they'll stripped of their status.

No grudges tho please guys - admin can read the chat transcripts so they'll know if you have made a genuine complaint.

True, I am sure if a complaint was made it would be in the sites best interest to check it. And if a mod was found to be wrong on multiple occaisions, they would be directed on how it should have been handled.

But as for what is and isnt concidered correct use of the chatrooms would still be down to individuals.

If all decisions were second guessed by the admins they wouldnt have time to run any other part of the site.

On another chat site I know of a mod that would kick you for the use of the word "Milf" in any sentance or circumstance as she found it offensive. It may not be offensive to most but was to her. She was only human.

Mods arnt often some kind of dictator, and any decent mod, in my experience, would hold their hands up and admit if they were wrong. They are a nessesary evil for the protection of others.

P.S. I aint a mod btw. Just been around chatrooms for years and had my own run ins and disagreements with mods and neither them, nor I hold any grudges.

By *ntheswingCouple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

[Removed by poster at 08/07/09 16:53:36]

By *ntheswingCouple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

Directing

Definition: showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on; "felt his mother''s directing arm around him"; "the directional role of science on industrial progress"

By *ornywhores4Couple  over a year ago

louth

it is harsh but its fair.we live in ireland and are on swing sites from ireland and get nothing but hassle from gobshites.we would love moderators like the ones on this site......dont even think we have one on our other sites.......we have had no complaints on this site.

» Add a new message to this topic