FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Lonely heart

Lonely heart

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aeBabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

I'm feeling really lonely at the moment.

I enjoy the social side to this, have a few friends in the scene and I use to have a couple of friends with benefits (not anymore), but lately I feel isolated...

Some of my friends who are couples have each other and my fwb have all decided to date...

I feel alone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hmmm some sort of dating site?

Never mind...there's more to life than fab!

Get a dog. You won't ever be alone,they follow you every fucking where. My little shit bag is chewing the corner of my bedside cabinet at the moment. Bless him.

By *negentMan  over a year ago

kirkby

Hey you only live once

Pull your socks up

Walk tall and fuck everyone else

Bollox to em

Bollox to me

Bollox to the world

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You don't have to be alone to feel lonely.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Loneliness is hard. Is there anywhere else you can find social intimacy? The connections made through fab are fleeting and often false.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

I'm used to seeing really chirpy posts from you! Sorry you're feeling this way!

Actually,it's not the first time that this has been mentioned on fab.

I've read threads from female fabbers who just want to sit down and have a girly chat about life and stuff over coffee/tea/wine and cake.

I get that.

You can't mention conversations which are even vaguely related to swinging/fab lifestyles to vanillas.

It's not that simple,especially for a single fem. Couples, especially married/co-habiting ones are lucky in this department. Men have more freedom to talk about this as very often women are seen to be quite slutty rather than candid.

I seem to recall that there was a great response to that thread.

If you want coffee/tea/wine, cake and a chat, I'll meet ya! My message filters are up, so I'll pm you. And if you say no, no worries. No offence will be taken.

I've got broad shoulders. Literally!

C0tt0nsu3

"I'm feeling really lonely at the moment.

I enjoy the social side to this, have a few friends in the scene and I use to have a couple of friends with benefits (not anymore), but lately I feel isolated...

Some of my friends who are couples have each other and my fwb have all decided to date...

I feel alone.

"

Morning. I know exactly how you feel.

I'm single myself and in a very similar situation.

Most of my friends are either in a relationship or married.

Just turned 30 last week and starting to wonder where I'm headed.

I come on here for a bit of banter and a chat but maybe I need something else?

Morning

I'm feeling very much the same at the moment.

I'm recently separated, although I enjoy the Me time it does get lonely.

I have the dog that chews & chews & chews......

I enjoy my time with my FWB but it's not often & I really miss the social intimacy.

I've never been one to make friends with women easily & would much rather hang out with guys but there always seems to be that expectation of something more for them.

I've started making a patchwork quilt

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

"I'm used to seeing really chirpy posts from you! Sorry you're feeling this way!

I've read threads from female fabbers who just want to sit down and have a girly chat about life and stuff over coffee/tea/wine and cake.

I get that.

You can't mention conversations which are even vaguely related to swinging/fab lifestyles to vanillas.

It's not that simple,especially for a single fem. Couples, especially married/co-habiting ones are lucky in this department. Men have more freedom to talk about this as very often women are seen to be quite slutty rather than candid.

If you want coffee/tea/wine, cake and a chat, I'll meet ya! My message filters are up, so I'll pm you. And if you say no, no worries. No offence will be taken.

C0tt0nsu3 "

This

I'm in China and just have to read about others fun.... And being 7 hours in front of the U.K., have to wait fir you all to wake up and start chatting.,,

London

"Loneliness is hard. Is there anywhere else you can find social intimacy? The connections made through fab are fleeting and often false."

I actually had just moved back to the UK after living in the Philippines for 10 years right before I joined Fab.

The friends I had here have all grown up together, I don't really have a connection with them, have met a few of them and realised we are very different people. Even my cousins grew up together and don't really talk to me. Sometimes they meet up and don't involve me. I joined Fab and immersed myself into the social side... probably not the best place to do it. although I'm hosting a social next month. I feel it will be my last to organise.

I dunno... maybe I'm just going through the motion...

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

This is the worst site for making you feel lonely. So many rejections and ignores it can really make you feel worthless if you let it. I've learnt to shrug them off.

London

"Loneliness is hard. Is there anywhere else you can find social intimacy? The connections made through fab are fleeting and often false.

I actually had just moved back to the UK after living in the Philippines for 10 years right before I joined Fab.

The friends I had here have all grown up together, I don't really have a connection with them, have met a few of them and realised we are very different people. Even my cousins grew up together and don't really talk to me. Sometimes they meet up and don't involve me. I joined Fab and immersed myself into the social side... probably not the best place to do it. although I'm hosting a social next month. I feel it will be my last to organise.

I dunno... maybe I'm just going through the motion... "

I think you're going through the motions. We all have our motions or as I call them phases in our lives. Coming back into the UK is one of yours, so to speak. And it seems you've sorted out one aspect of your life with fab, and maybe it's time to sort out other aspects. I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. The issue of rebuilding a new network of friends would have raised its head whether you joined fab or not.

Every one has phases of friendships. I have friends where we don't speak for years and then we pick up as if nothing happens. And there are times when I too am bereft of friends because I've moved away due to various reasons. Education, job etc. But I just see them as phases. And sometimes we need this phases to address and examine who we are at whatever stage of life that we are at. See it as an opportunity to develop you and your network into what you want it to be.

And, you seem to have sorted out your sex life pretty much. This is something that Vanilla-ville always thinks that we at quite brazen in doing, then you'll be okay in sorting out your social life. In other words, you'll be fine. It's just a phase and you'll break the boundary. You've broken loads before.

Apologies for the novel btw...

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

My advice would be to make a life outside of fans .. this is not the place. I met my OH here, but for four years it was a filler to scratch my itch as I have friends and family and a job. These must come first ... if you dont have them, develop them by indulging in a hobby where you can meet people. Not swinging. Sorry, typing and eating ...

No worries... You won't be lonely for long..

The white knights are on their way

I feel alone.

"

I know how you feel I'm in exactly the same situation it's not nice trying to start all over again x

"You don't have to be alone to feel lonely."

Yup.

Hope you feel better soon OP. xx

Lonely here too

I feel alone.

I know how you feel I'm in exactly the same situation it's not nice trying to start all over again x"

your profile says youre in a relationship

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

There is someone for you mae xx just hold on xx

Chessington/epsom

We love you mae

I feel alone.

I know how you feel I'm in exactly the same situation it's not nice trying to start all over again x"

I question why people who feel like this want to go on a swinging site. You need to be mentally in a good place. Not fragile. Good luck.

It's a good start that you're being honest and open about it. It will takes its time but promise it's only a phase. Might be a few days might be a few weeks might be bit longer but it's a phase and don't see it as negative. ..its what the body needs sometimes to wake us up to new more fulfilling things. Big hug....bless you're young and life in front of you.

I feel alone.

"

What you doing this friday afternoon?

Fancy a drink?

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Hi lovely,

If you fancy just a girlie chat, I would be happy to meet for a coffee/ cake and some tlc.

My clients regularly cry on me, bless them, and they say that my hugs are the best!

Consider yourself hugged x

Lisa xx

"Hi lovely,

If you fancy just a girlie chat, I would be happy to meet for a coffee/ cake and some tlc.

My clients regularly cry on me, bless them, and they say that my hugs are the best!

Lisa xx"

Hooker or therapist?

Fabville

"Hi lovely,

Lisa xx

Neither, thank you very much!

NHS, actually. So there, ner.

Hooker or therapist?"

"Hi lovely,

Lisa xx

Hooker or therapist?"

Wait can can we get NHS hookers nke

Fabville

"Hi lovely,

Lisa xx

Hooker or therapist?

Wait can can we get NHS hookers nke "

Mae posted this thread as she is feeling low, and is asking for help. I offered my support.

You are being a knob, by abusing and insulting me, instead of being kind to Mae. If you can't manage to have a grown-up conversation, please fuck off, or I will report your posts as being abusive.

Lisa

Fabville

"We love you mae "

Lovely words, Shamrocker.

We love you, too xx

"Hi lovely,

Lisa xx

Hooker or therapist?

Wait can can we get NHS hookers nke

Mae posted this thread as she is feeling low, and is asking for help. I offered my support.

You are being a knob, by abusing and insulting me, instead of being kind to Mae. If you can't manage to have a grown-up conversation, please fuck off, or I will report your posts as being abusive.

Lisa"

Dear lord somone hasnt got a sense of humour O.o

Sorry but clients crying on you and saying you give great hugs is like working girl story number 1.

Anyway like i said mae if youre about friday gimme a shout

Chessington/epsom

To be fair mate she was only lending her ear for support and it's nice to see people still care about other people here and it's just not all about a shag .

Chessington/epsom

Mae if you need another ear to talk too I'm around all over the bank holiday and we could just go down to the south bank for a walk and chat ok

By *weetChariotMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

Being lonely in a crowd is easy, and this site is a crowd that is often not the most welcoming.

Take up a club based sport, like a martial art, horse riding, tennis, golf, ... Non-sexual group friendly activity.

Fabville

"To be fair mate she was only lending her ear for support and it's nice to see people still care about other people here and it's just not all about a shag ."

Thank you, Shamrocker x

I feel alone.

Try to explore life away from fab, it should always add to your life! It's not always positive to be on here, especially as a single female with this kind of thinking, it's probably not helping your feelings of isolation. Enjoy fun and active things out there!

"

By *herbert fountainWoman  over a year ago

Hanley

"Loneliness is hard. Is there anywhere else you can find social intimacy? The connections made through fab are fleeting and often false.

I dunno... maybe I'm just going through the motion... "

I lived most of my life abroad and have only been back in the UK for a couple of years. After a few months I went through a period of feeling really down which I recognised afterwards as a kind of homesickness. It is a huge adjustment to relocate and leave all your friends and social life behind and once you settle into a routine you realise there is a void which is not easy to fill. Fab may not be the best place to find people to fill it but you can make good friends who are open and like minded. I hope you don't feel like this for too long. It took me a while to adjust.

I dunno... maybe I'm just going through the motion...

I lived most of my life abroad and have only been back in the UK for a couple of years. After a few months I went through a period of feeling really down which I recognised afterwards as a kind of homesickness. It is a huge adjustment to relocate and leave all your friends and social life behind and once you settle into a routine you realise there is a void which is not easy to fill. Fab may not be the best place to find people to fill it but you can make good friends who are open and like minded. I hope you don't feel like this for too long. It took me a while to adjust. "

Same here, I've just relocated from one end of the country to the other after a break uo, its been 4 months and I feel isolated and uncomfortable being here, everything , every detail of my day to day life has changed, and its hard to adjust whilst longing for someone you still love, so I understand how you feel. X

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I think theres a lot of lonley people on here ..... lets have a group hug

Curse of the nice guy

By *ricksydemonMan  over a year ago

llandudno

A lot of love here on this post guys... Maybe its time to set up a therapy group for people to chat to if they can't sleep, need a shoulder or just general chit chat. You will never be lonely with dozens of people for support... What say you? If not just feel free to message me anytime U feel like poooo

I know the feeling Maebabe... Ive been swinging for many years, done the club scene and did have a number of localish "friends" who i used to see regularly. Theyve moved on with their lives and I had to take "time out" from the acene for health reasons. Getting back in is proving difficult and I do miss it particularly the social side

Phill x

I feel alone.

"

Same here hun....but I also know people who aren't on this site, have this feeling now and again...it will pass...

Have friends who seem to use clubs as a social place and only worry about playing when they want too ?

Might not be what your looking for but I sure there are some who will go just to relax and have a laugh at clubs ?

London

"I'm used to seeing really chirpy posts from you! Sorry you're feeling this way!

I get that.

C0tt0nsu3 "

Since neither of us can message each other, I've temporarily unblocked my account so that you can contact me if you want. And no offence taken if you don't answer. Take care.

Cx

I'm sure you will get over it and find new playmates...... xx

Fabville

"I think theres a lot of lonley people on here ..... lets have a group hug "

Brilliant idea...xx

I feel alone.

"

i know it's not good

Fabville

Hi Mae, I can't message you (no pic), but I just wanted to know how you were.

Lisa xx

"I think theres a lot of lonley people on here ..... lets have a group hug

Brilliant idea...xx"

London

Feeling much better thanks all xxx

We are after all human and desire a connection.

This thread made me smile

Fabville

"Feeling much better thanks all xxx

We are after all human and desire a connection.

This thread made me smile "

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. You are welcome to PM me, lovely.

Lxx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Never a truer word!

I can recall being lonely once. The weight of it almost stopped my breath. However, if someone had looked through the window that Christmas day 2002 they'd have thought was a lovely scene, parents and children all dressed to the nines sat eating their dinner.

The marriage had ended, I'd found a new house and this was our last Christmas and the dinner was eaten in silence. I've never felt so lonely in my life yet I was surrounded by my family.

Op, don't rely on others for your well being. Their is more to life than Fab and sex.

» Add a new message to this topic