FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > all talk??

all talk??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

not meaning to sound controversial, but has anyone had a feeling that quite a lot of people on here are all talk? it may go for men though, but I've obviously only experienced it from women.

Example - lady who i've been chatting to, who added me as a friend, has a status, "who wants to meet for a drink? G&T guaranteed to end in a hot mess!" I say I'm in town and available, she says "but it's freezing outside, not going now."

Another example - status says "moved into a new flat, what to do, mmmmmmmmmmmm xx". I message her saying I'd love to pop round, she says "I'm not having any meets here until I'm settled in." Had very similar encounters on my old account last year, was wondering if other's have encountered similar.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

It could well be that the status messages were written some time before when the mood was altogether different

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Maybe don't be so direct in your messages OP, sometimes taking it a little easier in an open ended way could get things moving? Simply because people put up status's doesn't mean they want to fuck the world immediately.

Take "moved into a new flat, what to do, mmmmmmmmmmmm xx" for example.

To the horny guy it reads:

I have a new, empty home, with nothing to do. It needs breaking in xxxxxxx.

To the OP it means:

I have a new flat, where is everything, thank fuck I've sat down.

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

"Maybe don't be so direct in your messages OP, sometimes taking it a little easier in an open ended way could get things moving? Simply because people put up status's doesn't mean they want to fuck the world immediately.

To the OP it means:

I have a new flat, where is everything, thank fuck I've sat down."

Exactly!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Maybe don't be so direct in your messages OP, sometimes taking it a little easier in an open ended way could get things moving? Simply because people put up status's doesn't mean they want to fuck the world immediately.

To the OP it means:

I have a new flat, where is everything, thank fuck I've sat down."

"not meaning to sound controversial, but has anyone had a feeling that quite a lot of people on here are all talk? it may go for men though, but I've obviously only experienced it from women.

Example - lady who i've been chatting to, who added me as a friend, has a status, "who wants to meet for a drink? G&T guaranteed to end in a hot mess!" I say I'm in town and available, she says "but it's freezing outside, not going now."

Another example - status says "moved into a new flat, what to do, mmmmmmmmmmmm xx". I message her saying I'd love to pop round, she says "I'm not having any meets here until I'm settled in." Had very similar encounters on my old account last year, was wondering if other's have encountered similar."

its nothing to do with them being all talk...

id say it was more to do with you reading too much into it...

best thing to do is back off OP

But we'd be chatting and she added me as a friend and was talking about meeting up some time down the line

yumsville

"But we'd be chatting and she added me as a friend and was talking about meeting up some time down the line "

friendzone

lol

It could simply be they are putting a status up to gain some attention. If they are new to meeting having someone come on strong could be off putting. There is a difference between having a friendly chat and sexual chemistry. If you have some banter with women you are more likely to get their heels around your head than women that randomly accept your friend requests.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

She probably couldnt meet u at that time .

.we all have lives away from fab....

Suggest a social ...perhaps during the day at a pub ...

And yes it is cold at night now

If you are too pushy she will block you , tread carefully ..good luck OP

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Lots are talk on here vut I also agree coming on too strong can be off putting.

Lots don't seem to like directness which I find annoying but you have to play the game

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

Personally, I'm rather tired of being told I'm "all talk," a tease, or worse when I don't feel like meeting even for a drink. (er--if you'd please just read my profile, it clearly states that's all I'm up for right now anyway!).

Yes, some women are only here to get their kicks by leading men on, I'm sure. So are some men. Not all!

I for one have met quite a bit, socially and otherwise, and just have to point out that we all have the choice of when we feel up to meeting for whatever.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

A lot of statuses are tongue in cheek.

If one of my friends had a status along the lines of "new flat, what to do?" I might reply "can I come round for a cup of tea?" Or offered to help shift furniture.

No need to be so direct, be friendly, cheeky even.

Also beae in mind a status could be up to three days old and being your Fab friend doed not oblige them to have sex with you.

"A lot of statuses are tongue in cheek.

If one of my friends had a status along the lines of "new flat, what to do?" I might reply "can I come round for a cup of tea?" Or offered to help shift furniture.

No need to be so direct, be friendly, cheeky even.

Also beae in mind a status could be up to three days old and being your Fab friend doed not oblige them to have sex with you."

agree.

look at all of the status, not just the bit where you think sex is being offered.

By *ust Ms LovinWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

we have been on FAB as both singles and as a couple. Getting a meet can sometimes be like a needle in a haystack...

Most people we have met have not been from fab but from clubs or organised socials then we have used FAB to reconnect with people we have always met.

Some people find it easier than others guess it really depends what you are looking for .

the status wasn't old, it was just written. and my message wasn't blunt or direct, but the implication admittedly was clear. and we have been talking about meeting up, not as if this was out of the blue

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

My profile states I'm not meeting at the moment yet every day I get messages asking to meet?

Work that out lol

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

OP you are coming across as feeling entitled.

A cheeky status does not always mean a lady wants to meet. Nor does chatting on Fab.

By *tew2009Man  over a year ago

wakefield

Has she had any previous meets or verifications? If she hasn't then it's not very likely she's going to meet anybody, particularly if she's been the site a while.

She's had a few, so I suppose that's not really the issue.

I'm not particularly aggrieved (some may say the posting of this forum says different). Was just wondering if people experienced similar

yumsville

"She's had a few, so I suppose that's not really the issue.

I'm not particularly aggrieved (some may say the posting of this forum says different). Was just wondering if people experienced similar "

Yep. And I love the one word replies too after a thoughtfully writ message. Hence given up messaging .

» Add a new message to this topic