FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Tgirl coming out to family

Tgirl coming out to family

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amina T-girl OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Ive been contemplating for a while if I should come out to my family or not x being Asian there is a stigma attached to it however my family are very supportive and I'm sure they will come round x what to do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they are understanding try to break it to them in the best way u know

Hopefully it all goes well for you

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Do it gradually....a little mascara one week, a little nail polish the next week....

Or just tell them if you feel the need to.

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

It's a tricky one knowing what Asian families are like. They might be supportive in general but you can't imagine how they will react to something like this. Have you tried talking about it with your mum or a sibling? Cos I think you'll need to have at least the unconditional support of one of them first to get you through how the others might take it.

Especially as they might struggle to deal or know how to deal with it for a while. You'll need to be prepared to handle all that and the last thing you want is for telling them to lead to you feeling awful about yourself. I think you need to be the strongest you can be.

Asian families sadly have a tendency to make things about themselves rather than the person in question. All the best x

"Ive been contemplating for a while if I should come out to my family or not x being Asian there is a stigma attached to it however my family are very supportive and I'm sure they will come round x what to do? "

I would say it all depends on how important this is to you.If you feel it to be an essential part of your self identity, how will you cope if you need to keep it hidden?

If it is a purely private thing then maybe it would be best to keep it that way.

Hopefully your family would appreciate your honesty and continue to be supportive.

If you feel that you would need to take things in a particular direction but would lose that support, I can tell you that it is do able, hard but do able.

Op are u happy with who u are as a person if yes then tell your family and as long as your happy who cares your your own person and no one can change that x

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

"Ive been contemplating for a while if I should come out to my family or not x being Asian there is a stigma attached to it however my family are very supportive and I'm sure they will come round x what to do? "

It's a difficult choice especially with your cultural back ground only you really know your family and what you really feel about it ,hope it all turns out for the best for you.xx

Op, I know exactly how you feel as I passed this point myself last year.

I hear the concerns voiced above about Asian families and the way they respond. I've chatted in person with a couple of Asian tgirls in the greenhouse sauna and was dismayed to hear they bought their wig and outfit that day only to leave it all behind. They were literally in fear of their lives from their family.

You obviously know where your family stand when it comes to things like this and if you have any doubts it may be best to test the water without hinting it relates to you.

As for coming out to family generally; personally it was the best thing I've ever done.

Good luck xxx

What is your worst case scenario op

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Id approach it progressively - but im basing that on not knowing you or your family.

Id probably have discussions with the individuals to guage receptivity. And Id probably add layers of revelation, whilst building ip my confidence in it. Id also ensure I was self-supporting and had a good network of friends.

» Add a new message to this topic