FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How to write a first contact message

How to write a first contact message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've often wondered what makes a good opening contact message?

I usually keep it friendly & just say hello etc followed by a simple question or two just to start the conversation.

So what works for you? What openners do you use & what would make you want to reply if only to say hi & be friendly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i would read the criteria of the persons profile

then do a well worded message nothing like an essay attach a face pic and wait

i prefer this than "hi"

"i would read the criteria of the persons profile

i prefer this than "hi" "

Sounds good, but I don't just say "hi" & thats it, hehe.

good as most of the time i press delete

Do your best and hope for the best.

People here want 101 different things. Some want essays, some want you to be naughty, ,most want you to beg! lol

Just be polite and friendly. Good luck!

im happy with polite and friendly

Good advice. I think that's all you can do & cross your fingers.

and your toes :p x

"People here want 101 different things. most want you to beg! lol

"

Guys write and say things like thanks for having the manners to write back to me, or state they're so pleased to get a response or that they had a laugh at my reply and it makes a change. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the replies they get from women who apparently laud it.

Guys write and say things like thanks for having the manners to write back to me, or state they're so pleased to get a response or that they had a laugh at my reply and it makes a change. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the replies they get from women who apparently laud it. "

We're all here to have fun. That's what I always say. But there's a fine line to everything here.

By *quamarina1964Woman  over a year ago

Bideford

"and your toes :p x"

But not yer legs lmao

If i get messages that just say hi or nice tits i tend to delete lol, dont want an essay, just a simple paragraph would be fine lol

I think it all depends whether or not, the person's profile, has different info etc to make a comment on in the message... But, when you read a lot of profiles, 'all' of us guys, just copy & paste messages apparently!

simple compliments are kinda boring but it's a start and i respond to all messages - at least first ones

if there's nowt down and they still persist then i think i'm justified in being an ignorant sod

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"and your toes :p x

But not yer legs lmao

If i get messages that just say hi or nice tits i tend to delete lol, dont want an essay, just a simple paragraph would be fine lol "

Yup, i mean why bother with just "hi"

A paragraph ,friendly, saying a bit about yourself and written for our profile gets a reply from us.Even if it is a no thanks.

am i alone in thinking that i'd sooner receive a message from someone that they had written themselves, rather than one they have had to be given advice on constructing ?

there is no standard solution

By *ants Horse Hung CockMan  over a year ago

co durham

Ive been on here for ages and always send polite meddeges. It gets me no where! Ive tried other type of messeges too, still no where. It just comes down to luck if you get a reply. Especially if your a single male. Its fustrating at times

Guys write and say things like thanks for having the manners to write back to me, or state they're so pleased to get a response or that they had a laugh at my reply and it makes a change. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the replies they get from women who apparently laud it.

We're all here to have fun. That's what I always say. But there's a fine line to everything here."

I agree re fine lines - but its obvious some people believe to much in their own sex appeal and give some guys a really hard time if their anecdotes are anythign to go by

"i would read the criteria of the persons profile

i prefer this than "hi" "

Same here. Whenever we get a message we check the senders profile and that determines whether we are interested enough to take it further or not. Unless it's the one line "wanna fuk lol" type of message.

I erm tried fancy a fuck message lol

By *rumalexMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I erm tried fancy a fuck message lol "

did it work jac?

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

"It just comes down to luck if you get a reply. Especially if your a single male. Its fustrating at times"

Luck? I don't think so.. Samuel Goldwyn I think it was who replied, when a journalist commented on how lucky he'd been to be so successful in his career, "Yes, and the harder I've worked the luckier I seemed to get."

"Ive been on here for ages and always send polite meddeges. It gets me no where! Ive tried other type of messeges too, still no where. It just comes down to luck if you get a reply. Especially if your a single male. Its fustrating at times"

When it comes to contacting a member of the fairer sex a polite, well written message with just a pinch of naughty undertones seems to do marvellously especially accompanied by a face/ body pic in my experience. Show you have read their profile and make your intentions plain but be subtle. Above all be selective in who you contact. As well as finding the person attractive I wouldn't even bother messaging someone with a long list of gripes that describes how they hate practically everything. Though if they think this will deter so many message senders they are right, however unfortunately it will be purely dickheads who still try contact them anyway as people with half a brain will think "Fuck that".

In terms of ladies messaging me I prefer a message that shows they are reasonably intelligent (ie the usual preference of no text speak etc), then I will read their profile before replying. I can appreciate that their messages are usually shorter than mine though, as they probably get a couple of hundred messages a day compared to a dozen-odd for me, so they will probably find a lot oftime taken up "sifting through the shite"....

Yes xx

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"I erm tried fancy a fuck message lol "

I'm intrigued. SOOO many complaints by couples / women about these kind of messages...HOWEVER, if they don't work, you'd think that guys would stop using them, and write something else that would boost their chances, as in, if the fish ain't biting, change the bait...no?

So, based on that logic, does the fact that so many of these horny-corny one liners are being sent mean that they DO work (and the people responding aren't the folk on the forum to stand up for them) and what sort of people would respond to them?

OR is it that they don't work and that there are too many people who are just too thick to notice that their time is being wasted?

Mine wasn't off the forum or chams x

I asked him fancy a fuck and got it xxx

We're all here to have fun. That's what I always say. But there's a fine line to everything here.

I agree re fine lines - but its obvious some people believe to much in their own sex appeal and give some guys a really hard time if their anecdotes are anythign to go by "

Amen to that!

Some single guys get so worked up about fitting the criteria that they forget to ask themselves if the woman/couple fit theirs!

You're here to have fun too!! sheesh!

I'm starting to think they want the opposite of what they say. If they say they want a nice guy, be a little dirty with innuendo.

If they say they want filth...be polite. Going with the opposite seems to get more luck than going with what they ask for.

A nice message saying what you're after and why you're messaging me in particular is good.

One word messages, cock pics, meet this lunchtime and copy & paste messages = instant delete.

"I erm tried fancy a fuck message lol

I'm intrigued. SOOO many complaints by couples / women about these kind of messages...HOWEVER, if they don't work, you'd think that guys would stop using them, and write something else that would boost their chances, as in, if the fish ain't biting, change the bait...no?

So, based on that logic, does the fact that so many of these horny-corny one liners are being sent mean that they DO work (and the people responding aren't the folk on the forum to stand up for them) and what sort of people would respond to them?

OR is it that they don't work and that there are too many people who are just too thick to notice that their time is being wasted?"

I'd go with the latter! I've had some guys (when I was single) be incapable of understanding, "Sorry I'm not interested." I used the block button a LOT!

" A nice message saying what you're after and why you're messaging me in particular is good.

One word messages, cock pics, meet this lunchtime and copy & paste messages = instant delete."

Couldn't agree more.

"A nice message saying what you're after and why you're messaging me in particular is good."

What they're after is why they're messaging! and why they're messaging is generally the same, other than the odd variation of who, where and how many.... which is usually obvious from a profile!

I think for the most part, unless you say something totally off-putting, it mostly comes down to how much they fancy you. I think the rest, given you're a nice enough person which I'm sure most are, is just a little bit of timing, compatibility and luck. There is no set answer

» Add a new message to this topic