FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Initiating conversation

Initiating conversation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys, looking for some advice on starting up a conversation, alot of people say not to use generic 'how are you' lines ect and we both find it hard to be forward in the first instance. Tia

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustme6Man  over a year ago

tamworth

Avoid. ..how are u...text chat and the like. Just chat like u would do in a bar if u were chatting someone up..

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

How are you on it’s own suggests the conversation will be stilted. But combined with a comment about my profile or pics, or just some general small talk is fine with me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always just comment "great tits", having said that I never have any success.

We tend to introduce ourselves a little and say something like " We would love it if you take a look at our profile and see if you would be interested in chatting " and mention things in thier profile to show we have read it and that we have similar interests . We don't send face pics in the first message but if they reply we do send them early on in messages as we have spoken to people for a while then realised we went attracted to them which is always more awkward . Xx

Mrs xx

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

The messages that we tend to take notice of, tend to be the ones that make reference to something we’ve said, so if they’ve seen us in the forums, they may start with a funny quote about the thread we posted on, if we’ve put up a status and they’ve read it and again quoted it or made reference to it then it feels like somehow they are actually interested in our profile, even simple things like reference to a pair of shoes I’m wearing in a pic, it may seem silly but yep it seems to work with us Mrs blue eyes

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Don't think there is a right or wrong message as everybody is different. We are happy with a first email that just says hi how are you if we are interested we will reply it is the follow up emails that will be make or break the conversation.

Some of our best meets have started with a how are you message.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There is no guarantees that any message will get a response, but if I'm going to "Cold Call" I would go with something like:

"Hi (insert name), I was browsing through some profiles and was lucky enough to stumble across yours. Reading through your writeup it sounds as though we would get on like a house on fire, and I must say that your photos are great. I particularly love your latest pic, who would have thought it was even possibly to do that with an egg whisk.

I'd love it if you would take a glance at my profile and if you feel the same, it would be great to meet up for a chat.

Cal x"

Cal

Read a profile and look for a hook to send a witty message x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks all for the replies

» Add a new message to this topic