FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Makeup and Nails.

Makeup and Nails.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rixiesw OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

S.Westerly

Hi Fabbers. I was wondering if there are any TV friendly lovelies that could offer a Nail and Eyelash service to this girl in need? South West UK and looking for home visit but will also travel. I'm fine with my normal makeup but nails and lashes? Need help please.

Pvt message me and I will happily send you a pic of me made up.

Thanks xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

S.Westerly

Is there really nobody who can supply this service anywhere in South West? Help please

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best of luck hun x

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Ahhhhhh my friend does this but we in North Wales x

S.Westerly

I think I will need luck. It's not like I'm after a freebie. Happy to pay for the service and happy to travel. How hard can it be? Lol

No salons near you?

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

Ask around at local salons ? Be glad of a bit of extra custom midweek ?

S.Westerly

Salons? I wish I was brave enough to do that. Thats why Im looking for home visit or at someones house.

[Removed by poster at 16/05/18 16:25:26]

I've found salons to be friendly and supportive without exception. But if that's not for you then I would google for local self-employed beauticians. Most of them will do home visits either at yours or theirs x

Could you try Facebook for suggestions? If you were in Norfolk I could give you a number of suggestions but a little bit too far away, good luck. x

You might also try TS/TV etc forums and internet communities. I don't know if I'm allowed to name any here, but one in particular has beauticians and make-up artists who advertise there.

S.Westerly

Thanks for all the suggestions above. X I am on a certain other site.

TV C..x

Sadly services I need are not local enough. Who would think it would be so hard? Oh well, keep trying. Even just a local fem not a proffesional would be a great help. I just cannot manage the false lashes gggrrr.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Good morning, maybe until you find the service that you are looking for checkout the tutorials on YouTube.

They have been very helpful to other people.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Thanks for all the suggestions above. X I am on a certain other site.

TV C..x

Sadly services I need are not local enough. Who would think it would be so hard? Oh well, keep trying. Even just a local fem not a proffesional would be a great help. I just cannot manage the false lashes gggrrr. "

I'm not local enough to help but I can say that as a tomboy it took me years to master false eyelashes, eventually I got it with the help of an eyelash applicator, which were £1.99 from superdrug

(A pair of angled and shaped tweezers, I hold the inner part of the eyelash with them, place in the corner of my eye, move the trees geeky along placing them as close to my lashes as possible... Ohhh and let the glue sit for about 30/60 seconds before you do it as it helps them to stick)

Although we're both in the south west you're still too far away.

I would suggest primark stick on nails are really good for temp wear. Lots to choose from and dirt cheap.

The best thing you can do is practice with the lashes. Buy some cheaper ones just to practice with.

Salons will probably only do semi perm lashes and gel/acrylic nails that aren't easy to remove.

One tip though, do the lashes before the nails or you risk poking yourself in the eye!!!

S.Westerly

Hey Daytime Delight. Thanks for the stella advice. X

You say youre to far away? As I said? So desperate to get decent lashes, I would travel. As I can always find a reason to travel pretty much anywhere in SW and in fact WMids and SE!

So how far is far? Xx

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi Fabbers. I was wondering if there are any TV friendly lovelies that could offer a Nail and Eyelash service to this girl in need? South West UK and looking for home visit but will also travel. I'm fine with my normal makeup but nails and lashes? Need help please.

Thanks xx"

Not trying to be critical, but are you just after getting nails and lashes done for a meet, and then take them off? If so then I would suggest that's a waste of time and money. Particularly if you're not going to be leaving a house with them on. Nails in particular if you want acrylics as they will be on for ages.

If it's anonymity you want and, as you say you are willing to travel, pick a salon in a town where you are not known and go for a manicure and paint. Cheapest option, they are glad of the business and wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for both also, some good and some bad.

S.Westerly

"Hi Fabbers. I was wondering if there are any TV friendly lovelies that could offer a Nail and Eyelash service to this girl in need? South West UK and looking for home visit but will also travel. I'm fine with my normal makeup but nails and lashes? Need help please.

Thanks xx

Not trying to be critical, but are you just after getting nails and lashes done for a meet, and then take them off? If so then I would suggest that's a waste of time and money. Particularly if you're not going to be leaving a house with them on. Nails in particular if you want acrylics as they will be on for ages.

If it's anonymity you want and, as you say you are willing to travel, pick a salon in a town where you are not known and go for a manicure and paint. Cheapest option, they are glad of the business and wouldn't bat an eye lid.

Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for both also, some good and some bad. "

Thanks and yes I would want removable on both fronts but not for staying in the house.

The Salon idea out of town is a great idea.

Like I say eyes are my main concern nails I can and have done before. Guess I can always have another go at my lashes x

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks xx

Plenty of tutorials on YouTube for both also, some good and some bad.

Thanks and yes I would want removable on both fronts but not for staying in the house.

The Salon idea out of town is a great idea.

Like I say eyes are my main concern nails I can and have done before. Guess I can always have another go at my lashes x"

I would steer clear of false lashes as some can look rather comical. Instead, invest in a good quality buildable mascara. I find Urban Decay Perversion is brilliant. Xx

By *east and belleCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

Brush lashes with a small amount of talc powder. Clean brush or q tip then use mascara over the top. Looks like false lashes nice and thick without the extra complication. Cheaper too and no risk of losing a lids worth of lashes. Hope this helps

S.Westerly

"Brush lashes with a small amount of talc powder. Clean brush or q tip then use mascara over the top. Looks like false lashes nice and thick without the extra complication. Cheaper too and no risk of losing a lids worth of lashes. Hope this helps "

Oh my x

I will 100% try that little trick.

And will post my results once tried.

X

S.Westerly

Also thanks Jodie xx

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Any beautician who does home visits would happily help, I'm sure.

S.Westerly

"Any beautician who does home visits would happily help, I'm sure."

Maybe not in my home town though could be a wee bit awkward. X

"Brush lashes with a small amount of talc powder. Clean brush or q tip then use mascara over the top. Looks like false lashes nice and thick without the extra complication. Cheaper too and no risk of losing a lids worth of lashes. Hope this helps "

Oo. I'll try that as well

Bradford

"Brush lashes with a small amount of talc powder. Clean brush or q tip then use mascara over the top. Looks like false lashes nice and thick without the extra complication. Cheaper too and no risk of losing a lids worth of lashes. Hope this helps

Oh my x

I will 100% try that little trick.

And will post my results once tried.

Your welcome and good luck. If you were nearer I'd happily help you out x

X"

Powderpuff beauty in Newbury.

Bradford

Just a thought but Groupon have one to one makeup tutorials. May be worth looking into one. They will cover the basics and even help you create a look.

Bradford

OP how did you get on?

"OP how did you get on? "

Yes do tell : )

I didn't try talc on my eyelashes yet

you tube

"you tube"

who you calling a tube xx

Thanks xx"

Hi hunni,

I own a salon and offer these services to each and every person. Gutted I am not in your are but I wish you the best. xxxx

» Add a new message to this topic