FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Age lies

Age lies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtybutniceBBW OP   Woman  over a year ago

The County of Northamptonshire

The past few days I’ve had messages from different guys, who start off by saying they’re a lot older than it says on their profile.

Historically. I’ve had it a lot when the younger end of the scale lie by a few years for obvious reasons. But .... why are 45 year olds for example, making profiles saying the are 35?!? I don’t get it. And these aren’t profiles made up in the past few hours either. The last excuse given was “cos I look 35!” Is that a valid reason to lie? And no, he didn’t look 35 IMO.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To get around filters. Women are guilty of lying because they don't want to feel old

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

I don’t think many people can pull off a ten year age difference

It’s very common though on here from all profile types.

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

[Removed by poster at 27/05/18 11:23:49]

"To get around filters. Women are guilty of lying because they don't want to feel old "

That only works if you don’t meet people surely?

I hate being my age, but I wouldn’t lie about it!

"I don’t think many people can pull off a ten year age difference

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence "

Exactly, a lot happens in 10 years as we all know lol.

What makes me laugh is the guys who claim to be professionals but can’t actually spell it

By *anandLeia72Couple  over a year ago

St. Helens

Single guys, in my experience, will do anything they can to try get a meet. Age isn't too important to us but we don't want too young so hence we use the filters. I can pass for younger than I am, people are usually surprised that my eldest child is 23 but I would never lie about it. What's the point? 46 in 7 days! At least, I think it's 46. I do lose track sometimes.

Leia

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Exactly, people tend to look the decade they are

Yes maybe some people knock a couple off but a 45 year old generally doesn’t look 35, and if you’re trying to meet, which sort of is the point here, you’re going to be found out

Same for cock size, intelligence etc - it’s not a lie that can be maintained for long!

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

What makes me laugh is the guys who claim to be professionals but can’t actually spell it "

not seen that one

Other classic lies are sexuality, smoking, relationship status.

In fact when you think about it, can you believe anything

"Single guys, in my experience, will do anything they can to try get a meet. Age isn't too important to us but we don't want too young so hence we use the filters. I can pass for younger than I am, people are usually surprised that my eldest child is 23 but I would never lie about it. What's the point? 46 in 7 days! At least, I think it's 46. I do lose track sometimes.

Leia "

Exactly this, I have to count sometimes too! Once I got past 40 I chose to forget

"Exactly, people tend to look the decade they are

Yes maybe some people knock a couple off but a 45 year old generally doesn’t look 35, and if you’re trying to meet, which sort of is the point here, you’re going to be found out

Same for cock size, intelligence etc - it’s not a lie that can be maintained for long!"

Totally agree, maybe they think they can get something out of the chat in the interim, god knows.

"To get around filters. Women are guilty of lying because they don't want to feel old

That only works if you don’t meet people surely?

I hate being my age, but I wouldn’t lie about it! "

Once they are face to face with a man they hope he will forgive them.

By *hat The CuckCouple  over a year ago

South London

We reported a guy who messaged us stating he changed his age just to get around the filters as he was local and wanted to message us.

He's still on here. With the changed aged of 33 & it's been 2 months. He was originally 21 and looked it.

"We reported a guy who messaged us stating he changed his age just to get around the filters as he was local and wanted to message us.

He's still on here. With the changed aged of 33 & it's been 2 months. He was originally 21 and looked it."

I reported this 45 year old and wondered if anything would come of it! I also blocked him, so don’t know

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Sadly people lie easily on the net, not just age,but marital status, smoking etc.

People will lie to get a meet without thinking of the consequences.

Miss

I agree with others, that it's to bypass filters. The worst is when they don't tell you. Then turn up looking far older than they claim. Such a waste of time.

staffordshire

"Exactly, people tend to look the decade they are

Same for cock size, intelligence etc - it’s not a lie that can be maintained for long!

Totally agree, maybe they think they can get something out of the chat in the interim, god knows. "

True, some people maybe enjoy the thrill of the chase and would never have the nerve to do this for real, so to them the lie can sort of be maintained

Although lying about bring intelligent probably wouldn’t survive a few minutes of chat / messaging!

"I agree with others, that it's to bypass filters. The worst is when they don't tell you. Then turn up looking far older than they claim. Such a waste of time. "

That would be a nightmare!

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

What makes me laugh is the guys who claim to be professionals but can’t actually spell it

not seen that one

Other classic lies are sexuality, smoking, relationship status.

In fact when you think about it, can you believe anything "

Believe nothing trust no one i think us being honest on ours is what holds us back tbh X-D

People telling lies on here? Eeeesh who would of thought it.

I don't see a thing wrong with lying about an odd few years but only what you can resistacally get away with.

Ok I'll confess....I've lied...I'm really 75

I've been told I don't look my age, (do they mean older?), but it's not something I would lie about. I don't see the point.

I imagine I have probably met people who have subtracted a few years, which doesn't overly bother me. I suppose the older one gets, probably the more obvious, i.e. if you are 70 trying to pass off as 50. Anything else is probably only trying to make themselves feel good, especially if the deceit works. A vanity project. Or to meet age preferences on fab, perhaps.

"People telling lies on here? Eeeesh who would of thought it.

I don't see a thing wrong with lying about an odd few years but only what you can resistacally get away with.

Ok I'll confess....I've lied...I'm really 75 "

* realistically

"I agree with others, that it's to bypass filters. The worst is when they don't tell you. Then turn up looking far older than they claim. Such a waste of time.

That would be a nightmare! "

I had one a few years ago. He was supposed to be 36. He was in his early to mid 50's. I looked at him, told him I was leaving, then got abuse off him, for not staying haha.

You do right girl...we'd do the same thing as you

"You do right girl...we'd do the same thing as you "

Truth always catches you up...

I'm 39 and I have been told on many an occasion I look still in my 20s but I dont see the point in putting the wrong age in... take me as you find me and if my age isn't for you then you are not for me

"The past few days I’ve had messages from different guys, who start off by saying they’re a lot older than it says on their profile.

Historically. I’ve had it a lot when the younger end of the scale lie by a few years for obvious reasons. But .... why are 45 year olds for example, making profiles saying the are 35?!? I don’t get it. And these aren’t profiles made up in the past few hours either. The last excuse given was “cos I look 35!” Is that a valid reason to lie? And no, he didn’t look 35 IMO."

I tend not to bother as if they are lying snout the age what else are they telling porkies about

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence "

Speak for yourself I could pull it off. I don't have any lines or wrinkles.

There was someone who claimed to be five years older than me: I called him on it when we met as he was obviously older.

I came across his profile recently, same photos, however whilst I've aged ten years, he's lost ten years!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm 50 now and see no reason to lie about it. People can take me or leave me. Its their choice.

staffordshire

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

Speak for yourself I could pull it off. I don't have any lines or wrinkles.

There was someone who claimed to be five years older than me: I called him on it when we met as he was obviously older.

I came across his profile recently, same photos, however whilst I've aged ten years, he's lost ten years! "

Good quality moisturiser

What's with all the guys lying about their height?? You think you're about to meet a grand lump of a lad but when they get to the door they're tiny

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

If it works and men get a meet it's genius.

If they get found out it's tough titty

Solihull

"What's with all the guys lying about their height?? You think you're about to meet a grand lump of a lad but when they get to the door they're tiny "

You shrink as you get older, maybe it happened quicker than expected ?

I really don't understand why people do that it does them no favours and it just disappoints everybody in the long run best to be honest and upfront about your age

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"What's with all the guys lying about their height?? You think you're about to meet a grand lump of a lad but when they get to the door they're tiny "

Lying about height annoys me more than age. If you claim to be 45 but you're 50 I may forgive you but if you claim to be 6ft but are 5ft 6 it's not going to happen.

Could be worse, met a guy who said he'd been chatting to a woman for a couple of weeks and decided he wanted to do something special and have a "date" date. Decided to meet outside theatre on Drury Lane, take in a show, have dinner...the works.

Standing outside theatre, doors open people go in, notices only him and another man standing there...

Solihull

" I really don't understand why people do that it does them no favours and it just disappoints everybody in the long run best to be honest and upfront about your age"

I was joking and agree with you, I am who I am and it probably loses me meets but it is what it is.

I think being tall doesn't help me but I can't say I'm 5ft 11 then turn up.

I met with a guy a few times who said he was 36 (which at the time was my upper age limit).

He eventually confessed that he was actually 44, but told me he was 36 because I wouldn’t meet him otherwise!!!! He did certainly look younger than 44 but on the lead up to our meet, he would tell me he was nervous because he might be ‘too old’ for me. Ugh

"What's with all the guys lying about their height?? You think you're about to meet a grand lump of a lad but when they get to the door they're tiny

Lying about height annoys me more than age. If you claim to be 45 but you're 50 I may forgive you but if you claim to be 6ft but are 5ft 6 it's not going to happen.

Could be worse, met a guy who said he'd been chatting to a woman for a couple of weeks and decided he wanted to do something special and have a "date" date. Decided to meet outside theatre on Drury Lane, take in a show, have dinner...the works.

Standing outside theatre, doors open people go in, notices only him and another man standing there... "

The ultimate lie

Then again, i’ll throw this one into the mix. Some guys - yes just guys I’ve seen this with on their profiles, have photos that make their skin colour ambiguous. Mostly white guys with pics where they look black. I mean the pics done in shadow etc. I do wonder if anyone with pics like that turned up to be turned away for not being the suspected colour their meet thought they were

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Reminds me of the scene from Gavin and Stacy when Dawn and Pete get bombed out by Seth - a young black guy they'd met for a threesome.

"As soon as we start talking about boundaries he says he's very sorry but our photo is not representative of the two of us as a couple, and he feels he's been misled. He can't go through with it. Yes, it was an old photo. But have I changed that much in 15 years."

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence "

I'm 39, but apparently I look under 25 as I got ID'd for fags the other day

I put it down to that painting of me I've got locked away in the attic

90% of people on here do about age and size....men about there age and sorry lady's but you are gaily of the size....

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Depends on your definition of age.

The number of years since my birth.....55.

The level of maturity within my brain.......14.

"90% of people on here do about age and size....men about there age and sorry lady's but you are gaily of the size.... "

I’m definitely 44 and fat

I've noticed the difference when I turned 40. As soon as I did, virtually half of the people on the site were off limits. Thankfully, it's the best half that remains

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

What makes me laugh is the guys who claim to be professionals but can’t actually spell it "

When someone has 'professional' on their profile I ask them what they're professional at........

"90% of people on here do about age and size....men about there age and sorry lady's but you are gaily of the size.... "

Both sexes about their age and size, men are notorious for adding inches to the size of their cocks and the amount of women that think they're curvy ffs

By *ouple4camsCouple  over a year ago

Dundalk(ish)

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

To be fair they could be engineers. We’re notoriously bad at spelling, in fact it’s a running joke in professional engineering circles. (Mr)

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

To be fair they could be engineers. We’re notoriously bad at spelling, in fact it’s a running joke in professional engineering circles. (Mr)"

Very true dat.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Age seems to be a problem for so many ...not me .

I could easily knock 10 years off but I don't see the point

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

I suspect the biggest lies around age are people near milestone birthdays. Most 48s are probably really 51.

Am only 21 but look 50

I would far rather age wasn't listed but that people's photos were reliably recent. I honestly don't care how old you are (within reason). The issue is whether you're attractive. I mean, if I've just had a gorgeous fuck with a super sexy woman and then it comes out that she's 60 I'm not going to run to the bathroom and start throwing up

No dating sites should list age. Then it would be more like real life. As it is I tend to assume most people's ages on these things are just bs. As are, unfortunately, their photos.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've met a date and they've been surprised that I actually looked like my pics whilst I've been "surprised" (not any more) that they don't.

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

Not a lie, but on another site as a single woman, I received a message saying I should change/up my age range!

This is why I never get excited before a meet.....

You will think you’re meeting Meghan Merkle and Susan Boyle shows up...

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We know a guy who has been 42 for the last two years.

His profile pics show him with brown hair, yet he is a silver fox

We don’t see the point in lying about age .. we want to meet people and hopefully more than once if we get along so like to be always be honest about everything so they know what to expect besides with our age gap it would be hard to pull off a fib about our ages he he . I would also be really disappointed if someone lied about their age to me because I have limits of age on the younger scale that I don’t want to play with Mrs x

"What's with all the guys lying about their height?? You think you're about to meet a grand lump of a lad but when they get to the door they're tiny

Standing outside theatre, doors open people go in, notices only him and another man standing there...

The ultimate lie

Then again, i’ll throw this one into the mix. Some guys - yes just guys I’ve seen this with on their profiles, have photos that make their skin colour ambiguous. Mostly white guys with pics where they look black. I mean the pics done in shadow etc. I do wonder if anyone with pics like that turned up to be turned away for not being the suspected colour their meet thought they were "

This seems to be turning into a bash the guys post. But you ladies lie just as much as men. I had a lady tell me she was 50 when after a month she let it slip her time was the swinging sixties lol. A couple of years is fine but 12 years. Also had several 5ft6in ladies turn out to be 5ft1in or less,

By *_and_LCouple  over a year ago

Tamworth

And weight / size lies

And cock lies

And intelligence

This is my favourite...

By *r on the EdgeMan  over a year ago

accrington

I regularly get told I look about ten years younger, I’d always put my real age 42, although I’m guessing most make there age up to get around filters?

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Depends what one person considers lies and what another person doesn't.

Some people just change their age +/- 2 years as per other characteristics of their profile. Simply for discretion/local id masquing reasons.

Mean while others are making claims +/- 10 years among other claims that are way off.

There's twisted truth, there's lies then there is deception.

We had a 34yo (on profile) turn up and was badly preserved late 50's standing at the door with a cheshire grin. The door was promptly slammed in his face! Worst thing is he was meet verified by multiple other people!!

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

There’s two in my inbox that claim to be 32. If they’d said 42 I reckon they were being polite to themselves.

Just laughable

"This is why I never get excited before a meet.....

You will think you’re meeting Meghan Merkle and Susan Boyle shows up..."

Bahahaha

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"If it works and men get a meet it's genius.

If they get found out it's tough titty

"

Maybe they're hoping that there are lots of partially sighted enumerate women on here.

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Sadly people lie easily on the net, not just age,but marital status, smoking etc.

People will lie to get a meet without thinking of the consequences.

Miss"

When they say there a 30 year old single none smoker and you open the door to be faced with a 50 year old who's forgotten to remove his wedding ring and stinks to high hell of smoke and extra strong mints. Then when you say no thanks they call you a timewaster.

Yes, it really happened.

By *igga_manMan  over a year ago

near Reading

A good volume of profiles end their range at 40. So it would be (my guess) to be able to message those profile with said range in place.

» Add a new message to this topic