FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile Advice (I know it's been done to death.......)

Profile Advice (I know it's been done to death.......)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heHookyMonster OP   Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Hi all,

I fully realize it's quite often a numbers game being a single maleand while I have no interest in whining I just wanted to ask the opinion of the ladies and couples who meet single males if there's anything more I can do to improve my profile that might get a tad more interest. Most if my success so far is down to making friends in person at socials, not through my profile, hence why I ask. Your time in replying is appreciated. Thank you! X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

What about comments from men?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like the fact you added some humour into your profile but I do find it is very long winded, I like everything you've said about yourself but maybe try and shorten it a little? Also adding some more public photos like your torso etc. Hope I helped

By *anandLeia72Couple  over a year ago

St. Helens

The fact you only have one quite boring photo and a very long profile text would put me off. For me, I want to be able to see some decent pictures before I even move onto the text. I glanced at it saw you'd dome something car related with it and it didn't do anything for me. Sorry hon. Improve the pictures would be a good start. Lots of our public ones are selfies I've done to send hubby at work. Play about and you can get results.

Leia

Liverpool

"What about comments from men? "

Sorry, wasn't mmeant to be 'non-inclusive', was just thinking target audience really. No offense intended.

Liverpool

"I like the fact you added some humour into your profile but I do find it is very long winded, I like everything you've said about yourself but maybe try and shorten it a little? Also adding some more public photos like your torso etc. Hope I helped "

That's great. Thank you. My gut instinct s that I didn't like it, but couldn't put my finger on why. X

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"What about comments from men?

Sorry, wasn't mmeant to be 'non-inclusive', was just thinking target audience really. No offense intended. "

Just that you might get ideas from successful men - get all the help you can get sort of thing.

Liverpool

"The fact you only have one quite boring photo and a very long profile text would put me off. For me, I want to be able to see some decent pictures before I even move onto the text. I glanced at it saw you'd dome something car related with it and it didn't do anything for me. Sorry hon. Improve the pictures would be a good start. Lots of our public ones are selfies I've done to send hubby at work. Play about and you can get results.

Leia "

Thank you. Never been totally happy with it - and the fact that I've had such little interest confirms it, but couldn't quite figure out why not - except for needing more photos. Thank you!

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

I don't think the copy is too long, but the single pants pic does nothing for us. No idea what you look like.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

"Hi all,

I fully realize it's quite often a numbers game being a single maleand while I have no interest in whining I just wanted to ask the opinion of the ladies and couples who meet single males if there's anything more I can do to improve my profile that might get a tad more interest. Most if my success so far is down to making friends in person at socials, not through my profile, hence why I ask. Your time in replying is appreciated. Thank you! X"

Wouldn't even look past the single picture. A pair of underpants, no hint as to anything else.

And because of that, lots of texts means move on, no point even looking at the text until you do something about the pictures.

Hey there would anybody be able to help with my profile! I've had no success on fab and I don't know why!

Liverpool

"I don't think the copy is too long, but the single pants pic does nothing for us. No idea what you look like."

Thank you. Rubbish at selfies, but will try harder!

Liverpool

"Hi all,

I fully realize it's quite often a numbers game being a single maleand while I have no interest in whining I just wanted to ask the opinion of the ladies and couples who meet single males if there's anything more I can do to improve my profile that might get a tad more interest. Most if my success so far is down to making friends in person at socials, not through my profile, hence why I ask. Your time in replying is appreciated. Thank you! X

Wouldn't even look past the single picture. A pair of underpants, no hint as to anything else.

And because of that, lots of texts means move on, no point even looking at the text until you do something about the pictures. "

Really appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

"I like the fact you added some humour into your profile but I do find it is very long winded, I like everything you've said about yourself but maybe try and shorten it a little? Also adding some more public photos like your torso etc. Hope I helped "

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Your pic says Alvin and it made me think of the Chipmunk.

I agree your profile is too long. I would lose the paragraph about being here before because you have plenty of verifications now. I would also delete the bit about your tattoos.

Liverpool

"Your pic says Alvin and it made me think of the Chipmunk.

I agree your profile is too long. I would lose the paragraph about being here before because you have plenty of verifications now. I would also delete the bit about your tattoos."

Thanks gorgeous! Always good to get others opinions. Sometimes you can be too close to see what needs Changing. Will endeavour to get some more viewable photos soon too! Ty! xx

Don't call us girls. We're women.

I'm not keen on Ladies either if I'm honest...

By *rsTrellisWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Don't call us girls. We're women.

I'm not keen on Ladies either if I'm honest..."

Agree with this. Use “women”.

I think your profile is ok. Perhaps a sentence or two about hobbies, interests, quirks - something I can hang a conversation on. “My favourite programme is Crystal Maze and my passion is cooking” or whatever. It gives a way in.

Google sexy pics of men. “Man torso black and white” or “man hands sexy”. Recreate the photos as best you can using your phone’s timer and filters. Look at the model - where are his hands, where’s the light, how is the towel draped etc.

Some guys on Fab have awesome photos and they aren’t gym fit. I can PM you some names of you want.

You’re not far off x

Liverpool

I'm not keen on Ladies either if I'm honest..."

Ok, interesting one. It was intended to be respectful, but taken on board. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to give some input. x

Do the complete opposite to mine

Liverpool

I'm not keen on Ladies either if I'm honest...

Agree with this. Use “women”.

I think your profile is ok. Perhaps a sentence or two about hobbies, interests, quirks - something I can hang a conversation on. “My favourite programme is Crystal Maze and my passion is cooking” or whatever. It gives a way in.

Google sexy pics of men. “Man torso black and white” or “man hands sexy”. Recreate the photos as best you can using your phone’s timer and filters. Look at the model - where are his hands, where’s the light, how is the towel draped etc.

Some guys on Fab have awesome photos and they aren’t gym fit. I can PM you some names of you want.

You’re not far off x"

Brill! Thank you! Always difficult writing about yourself and still be objective. I'm no George Clooney, just an a erase bloke, so while I realise the need to see my positive qualities I didn't want to misrepresent myself either. Really appreciate you taking the trouble to message - thank you! xx

Liverpool

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for such positive comments r.e. changes that needed making. Just a few new public photos to sort and hopefully I'll be sorted!

Thank you so much!

Xx

For us the length of profile is fine but, we only take the time to read a longer profile if there are enough images to wake Sharons interest.

its just a look at me thing yet again..

if someones not capable of writing there own profile /cv or similar and have to ask for it to be done for you it kinda indicates one might not be very interesting to meet ie if not capable of writing a simple profile what else arent you capable of ..

dont see females writing help me needy sort my profile messages.

i'll tell you now the adjustments wont make a blind bit of difference

its all about how many hours a day and week and month effort you put in to finding suitable friends/meetings on here

simple

its not a rude reply its a fact .my profiles full of twoddle and rubbish , awful pics and profile , but im successful .........i put maximum effort in every day week month and year and i dont expect replies or meets ...

but there is someone/something for everyone.

travel too ,i travel 150 miles without blinking, i accomodate ,i arrange a hotel , i'l lmeet for just a coffee and a chat even if its a long drive ,

make the effort its nothing to do with a profile .

"its just a look at me thing yet again..

if someones not capable of writing there own profile /cv or similar and have to ask for it to be done for you it kinda indicates one might not be very interesting to meet ie if not capable of writing a simple profile what else arent you capable of ..

its all about how many hours a day and week and month effort you put in to finding suitable friends/meetings on here

simple

its not a rude reply its a fact .my profiles full of twoddle and rubbish , awful pics and profile , but im successful .........i put maximum effort in every day week month and year and i dont expect replies or meets ...

travel too ,i travel 150 miles without blinking, i accomodate ,i arrange a hotel , i'l lmeet for just a coffee and a chat even if its a long drive ,

make the effort its nothing to do with a profile . "

Females don't need to put effort in on here to get a guy. Everything else is spot on

Liverpool

"For us the length of profile is fine but, we only take the time to read a longer profile if there are enough images to wake Sharons interest."

Thanks for that - working on it! Much appreciated!

Liverpool

simple

make the effort its nothing to do with a profile . "

Was prepared to be offended to your reply to start with as you know nothing about me, but I can assure you its not a "look at me" thing at all. I've started going to socials and as a result things,aren't bad at all, however the success has been 95% from social events rather than my profile, hence why it occurred to me it might well be lacking - and apart from the obvious (i.e. lack of public photos) I couldn't see where I was going wrong with it, but thanks to a few lovely non-cynical folks I've made some subtle adjustments which may or may not help pay dividends. All I was saying was that I'm not so far up my own arse that I think I'm beyond a bit of advice. No need for the cynicism. Fair play r.e. your comments r.e. "effort", I'd agree it has to play a big part for a single guy.

All the best.

Liverpool

simple

make the effort its nothing to do with a profile .

Females don't need to put effort in on here to get a guy. Everything else is spot on"

Cheers bud!

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

Well all you have for photos is one of Calvin boxers. So not much to go on.

Decent photos may be a start.

Liverpool

"Well all you have for photos is one of Calvin boxers. So not much to go on.

"

Appreciated - thank you. Got a female friend from on here who's going to take some for me - hopefully very soon!

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

Appreciated - thank you. Got a female friend from on here who's going to take some for me - hopefully very soon! "

They don’t need to be nude or action shots. Just normal jeans/ shirt etc. Even a stranger can take those

Liverpool

Appreciated - thank you. Got a female friend from on here who's going to take some for me - hopefully very soon!

They don’t need to be nude or action shots. Just normal jeans/ shirt etc. Even a stranger can take those "

Fair point. Nice to know what's considered a good photo by folks. Thank you guys.

» Add a new message to this topic