FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Don’t know if I’m being catfished. Help !

Don’t know if I’m being catfished. Help !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emaleinthedark OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

Hello FabSwingers.

I’ve recently got myself talking to a woman on here. She is very much into the whole DOM/SUB BDSM scene and is basically looking for a woman Sub. This has always been a fantasy of mine but with caution of course but It sounded interesting, we liked the look of each other and we proceeded to talk some more.

We talked in detail on another messaging app and I was able to prove myself geniuine by taking a live picture. This Dom, is very into making videos, and asked me to do something on camera (a simple gesture) to prove I’m really genuine. I told her that Im not comfortable taking countless videos/pics as I’ve come across many pic/vid collectors on here, plus she hasn’t proved to herself that she too is genuine. Anyway, she agreed and took a video of herself doing the simple gesture she asked me to.

However ! She looked very different from the pictures I’ve seen on her profile on FAB. I questioned this to her and she said “Her hair is different but that’s all her” I questioned her further as even her eyes and nose were different but she got quite upset and reckoned I didn’t want to proceed with the whole Dom/sub thing and I was just picking faults.

Moving along, she asked me to do certain things on video and to send in an explicit image of my private parts. I told her that I will not send in any sort of videos/ explicit images as I’m still not convinced she is who she says she is. She was hurt but understood.

However, as the convo moved along, I felt a bit risky and provided two mini videos, just of my voice when I am about to cum... you cannot see my face... body or anything as she knew I didn’t trust her, so she requested to put the video face down. I did not send any explicit images of myself. She also mentioned that she would send an image of herself, providing a message that I asked her to write. I’m still waiting for that.

I don’t know what to do FAB people. Is she a fake ? Am I wasting my time ? How can I spot fakes / know I’m being catfished ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

THe whole BDSM thing relies on trust. if you dont trust that she is who she is saying she is then walk away.

Personally I’d explain that to become sub to them you require the upmost trust so a Skype chst or FaceTime will do as a prelude to a social when you can guard the person better

More than likely, it is fab after all, catfish city.

London

"THe whole BDSM thing relies on trust. if you dont trust that she is who she is saying she is then walk away."

That’s exactly what she said.

The whole Dom/Sub thing requires building trust - and you never go into any sub situation until you have got to know the Dom personally and have talked it all out at length.

Remember - the Sub must always be the one in ultimate control - not the Dom!!!

I hear lots of warning alarms in what you've said - walk away - or better still, block and run!

London

"The whole Dom/Sub thing requires building trust - and you never go into any sub situation until you have got to know the Dom personally and have talked it all out at length.

I hear lots of warning alarms in what you've said - walk away - or better still, block and run!

"

Thanks ! What warning signs can you spot ?

The Dom did say that it will take a while to build trust and doesn’t want to rush things.

"THe whole BDSM thing relies on trust. if you dont trust that she is who she is saying she is then walk away.

That’s exactly what she said."

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Always go with your gut. Probably a guy who has got a random woman to stand in which is why she doesn't resemble her profile pix.

If it feels dodgy it probably is.

London

"Always go with your gut. Probably a guy who has got a random woman to stand in which is why she doesn't resemble her profile pix.

If it feels dodgy it probably is."

But she’s very keen to meet. Surely if she was dodgy, she would be avoiding a social meet.

if it doesn't feel right, block them and walk away.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"Always go with your gut. Probably a guy who has got a random woman to stand in which is why she doesn't resemble her profile pix.

But she’s very keen to meet. Surely if she was dodgy, she would be avoiding a social meet."

The behaviour seems very male, but if she sent proof she was female, I would cut to a social and see what happens.

What's the worse that can happen? You don't fancy her and have wasted a couple of hours. On the other hand, it might be exactly what you are looking for.

The fact that you thought she looked completely different from her picture on here should be the main red flag. Hair colour change, does not alter a person's face. You should always go with your gut on these things, even more so, in this scenario. How can you begin to trust someone, when they already seem to be lying about who they are? I think deep down, you already know this person is not who she claims to be, you are just holding on to the fantasy. A dom/sub scenario, like others have said, is based on mutual trust. It seems you already have doubts. Can't you cam chat, rather than send videos back and forth? No rudeness, just live time on a screen, so you can converse and see for definite that she is who she claims to be?

"

Thanks ! What warning signs can you spot ?

The Dom did say that it will take a while to build trust and doesn’t want to rush things."

The fact that she's already expecting you to provide videos is all wrong - she should work at getting to know you and meeting you first.

Never trust a webcam view of someone - it can be a recording of anyone at all!

If they seem to be on webcam - ask them to wave at you to prove that it's live.

Always have a cheap spare mobile with a pay-as-you-go card that you can throw away, then ask her to phone you - do you hear a genuine woman's voice? I often find that most "women" find excuses not to phone at this point!

She should answer all your questions honestly and openly, and work towards meeting first - then slowly build a dom/sub relationship if everything clicks.

Trying to con you into "of course it's about trust - and you should trust me.." is a massive no-go!

There should be no attempt at all to tell you what to do at this stage!

Run away...!!!

There are genuine people out there - take your time, and learn how to find them. It's worth missing out on a few until you really feel that you know what you are doing...

If you want to learn about dom/sub - go and observe at some clubs or shows first!

Under the Duvet

But she’s very keen to meet. Surely if she was dodgy, she would be avoiding a social meet."

I'd put money on the social meet not happening.

There are "couples" (for couple read actually single men)on here who have tried to arrange meets with me but it's just a ruse to keep you talking, try and get more pix vid or wank material out of you with no intention of a meet.

Call her bluff. Ask to voice verify by phone, arrange a social and see what happens.

Good luck x

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

Just click on the video call button on the app. A genuine person will answer . A fake won’t. But before calling ask them a few questions like what you up to and are you alone . Then click ring without telling them

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

The fact that you've gone so far as to post this thread should be all the warning sign you need.

To submit to a dom/me you have to trust them 100%, without fail. Any little sign/gut feeling that you have should be taken seriously.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If I was interested in that whole scenario I would still insist on a social before providing any videos etc.

Sounds dodgy to me and the fact you've felt the need to ask on here, to me, I think you feel the same.

Be very careful OP.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Receiving a video clip of the domme doing something you have requested is not proof that they are genuine, the person who has set the profile up could have asked someone else to do it.

some very good advice above.

A few extra pointers which might help. Join FL (the main fetish website) find your local London groups and get yourself to some of the socials (mnunches) where you get chance to speak with people of all sorts of persuasions who actually do fetish/kink/bdsm. You can always invite (them) along where you can both find out how real they are in a peer group of kinksters.

As has been said before, long before any D/s roles are assumed, you need to both know and trust this individual, know their knowledge and competencies and, like swinging, know there is enough of a spark to do anything

Good luck and feel free to message with fet queries

xx

By *arpePinguisWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

"some very good advice above.

A few extra pointers which might help. Join FL (the main fetish website) find your local London groups and get yourself to some of the socials (mnunches) where you get chance to speak with people of all sorts of persuasions who actually do fetish/kink/bdsm. You can always invite (them) along where you can both find out how real they are in a peer group of kinksters.

As has been said before, long before any D/s roles are assumed, you need to both know and trust this individual, know their knowledge and competencies and, like swinging, know there is enough of a spark to do anything

Good luck and feel free to message with fet queries

xx"

Best advice ever! Going to your local munch gets you into the kink community, where safety and consent advice is easily available from the experienced. It will give you a chance to get to know people and perhaps find a safer way to explore than this yes-probably-cat fishing experience. Good luck x

90% of the "Doms" on FL are fake so be aware.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Hello FabSwingers.

I’ve recently got myself talking to a woman on here. She is very much into the whole DOM/SUB BDSM scene and is basically looking for a woman Sub. This has always been a fantasy of mine but with caution of course but It sounded interesting, we liked the look of each other and we proceeded to talk some more.

We talked in detail on another messaging app and I was able to prove myself geniuine by taking a live picture. This Dom, is very into making videos, and asked me to do something on camera (a simple gesture) to prove I’m really genuine. I told her that Im not comfortable taking countless videos/pics as I’ve come across many pic/vid collectors on here, plus she hasn’t proved to herself that she too is genuine. Anyway, she agreed and took a video of herself doing the simple gesture she asked me to.

However ! She looked very different from the pictures I’ve seen on her profile on FAB. I questioned this to her and she said “Her hair is different but that’s all her” I questioned her further as even her eyes and nose were different but she got quite upset and reckoned I didn’t want to proceed with the whole Dom/sub thing and I was just picking faults.

Moving along, she asked me to do certain things on video and to send in an explicit image of my private parts. I told her that I will not send in any sort of videos/ explicit images as I’m still not convinced she is who she says she is. She was hurt but understood.

However, as the convo moved along, I felt a bit risky and provided two mini videos, just of my voice when I am about to cum... you cannot see my face... body or anything as she knew I didn’t trust her, so she requested to put the video face down. I did not send any explicit images of myself. She also mentioned that she would send an image of herself, providing a message that I asked her to write. I’m still waiting for that.

I don’t know what to do FAB people. Is she a fake ? Am I wasting my time ? How can I spot fakes / know I’m being catfished ?"

Ask her to do a telephone call.

After that ask her to do a Skype video call. You can keep your video off until you feel safe enough to switch it on. If she is unwilling to do a video call I would be very suspicious.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

True up to a point.

First do a Skype video call. If she looks ok and doesn't behave like a nutter as you chat arrange a social meet.

Make the social meet in a very public place such as a pub, cafe, etc. Make the social meet just a social meet. Do not go home with her or invite her to yours. Meet for some fun when you feel safe to do so.

"The whole Dom/Sub thing requires building trust - and you never go into any sub situation until you have got to know the Dom personally and have talked it all out at length.

"

Seconded...and report if you can prove that any of their images are fake

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Go with your gut feeling and intuition, it's what it's there for.

You won't be short of offers so why entertain the idea of putting yourself at risk of being scammed or worse when you've got numerous doubts

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Always go with your instinct op

If it feels off, it usually is

I'd move on op

No meet should feel this angsty

Miss

"THe whole BDSM thing relies on trust. if you dont trust that she is who she is saying she is then walk away."

Im sorry thats not true because it’s about building trust together not a one side takes all thing

By *ollyGWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

"Hello FabSwingers.

I don’t know what to do FAB people. Is she a fake ? Am I wasting my time ? How can I spot fakes / know I’m being catfished ?"

Walk away, sounds very dodgy to me!

"THe whole BDSM thing relies on trust. if you dont trust that she is who she is saying she is then walk away.

Im sorry thats not true because it’s about building trust together not a one side takes all thing"

This is very true thats why we state she only plays sub to mr and if anyone came into that dynamic for us there would be alot of trust built up 1st on all sides. Basicly if your not getting what your putting in back then walk away would be our advice.

"Hello FabSwingers.

Always trust your gut instinct, it’s seldom wrong.

'She' now has a video of you doing a gesture that she can use to con other women into believing she's real. Probably the same way 'she' got the video to send to you- 'she' has used pics and videos of different women.

Have you sent 'her' any pics of you? She will use those too.

By *hortfuseWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Echo everyone else always go with your gut instinct, if it feels wrong, it usually is.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Sounds very dodgy to me OP and I'd be very wary if I were you especially as you had something very similar happen to you with someone going on cam and not resembling their pics a year ago that you posted about - not sure how that one turned out but suspect this will be very similar

By *parkle13Woman  over a year ago

Dundee

Wow get away from this .don't send vids of urself to a stranger u never know where they will end up ...and how can u trust somebody u haven't met in person .be carefull

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

It sounds very suspicious to me. If she won't have a face-to-face live webcam chat with you so that you can both develop some trust and understanding of each other, I personally would leave it where it is and move along.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

Looks like your spider senses are tingling - walk away!

London

Well, she just sent me an image of the thing I requested... I asked her to send a specific message. She is hiding her face.

London

I wonder if I can private message anyone, so that I can send them the pics of the female.

You run it threw a revirse image search?

London

"You run it threw a revirse image search?"

Did that, nothing came up.

"Well, she just sent me an image of the thing I requested... I asked her to send a specific message. She is hiding her face."

So you can't make out her face at all? That's definitely a red flag.

London

"Well, she just sent me an image of the thing I requested... I asked her to send a specific message. She is hiding her face.

So you can't make out her face at all? That's definitely a red flag. "

Yes, she covered the note with her face. Her body is very womanly... I have a bad feeling she’s a TV.

So what happened with the very similar situation you posted about a year ago OP?

My advice would be don't ever send anyone anything until you have met them in person and built up a relationship, or seen anything clear that you are certain is them.

Anyone only after wank material or hiding something will leave you alone, once they know you can't be tricked.

It looks like you experienced a similar situation last year OP. Be guided by that. Is this persons profile verified as genuine?

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Cant she cam on here in chat.? I wouldnvot trust anyone that wasnt prepared to face cam early in a convo.

If you have to ask then general rule of thumb it is

..after the same thing happened before, seems very odd to let something like this get as far again, an identical situation...

Please run away from this situation......

If you have to go through so much angst to meet someone. It’s not worth it

"..after the same thing happened before, seems very odd to let something like this get as far again, an identical situation..."

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

This is really easy. Anyone genuine wont have any issue with proving who they are and fetishists doubly so. Trust your instincts and walk away.

By *DSM - CUCKOLD - COUPLECouple  over a year ago

manchester

Simply ask for a picture of her holding a spoon. No filth, no nudes, nothing. Simple picture holding a spoon including face

By *opaz12Woman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

"Simply ask for a picture of her holding a spoon. No filth, no nudes, nothing. Simple picture holding a spoon including face"

Or a daily newspaper.

Hun the D/s life style is about trust and communication. From what you have said I would be extremely wary. For her to express her "hurt" as you describe feels more manipulative than genuine.

Your submission is your gift to give. Not anyone's to demand and the pace is yours to set not hers.

So adding her behavior to the possibility of being catfished says you are right to be wary xx

"Simply ask for a picture of her holding a spoon. No filth, no nudes, nothing. Simple picture holding a spoon including face"

Maybe because I’m American we do things differently here... But can you please explain all this picture taking to prove someone is real thing to me?

They way I have always done it ... is to exchange face pics , send my number, have a voice/video chat , and then meet.

Under the Duvet

No sure why you are still hammering away at this one.

You've had loads of good advice on here. Why are you so determined to convince yourself this person is genuine when everything you have presented to us indicates that they are not?

And seemingly you were in a similar situation last year?

If you keep encountering fakes then you need to reassess your selection process.

Or maybe it's the drama that you get off on rather than actual meets.

Good luck OP.

"Well, she just sent me an image of the thing I requested... I asked her to send a specific message. She is hiding her face."

Ffs op. Are you really that gullible x

"No sure why you are still hammering away at this one.

You've had loads of good advice on here. Why are you so determined to convince yourself this person is genuine when everything you have presented to us indicates that they are not?

If you keep encountering fakes then you need to reassess your selection process.

Good luck OP.

"

I personally think she's talking shite x

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Personally don't understand the need to ask. If I doubt anything I walk away and don't look back. It's recreational sex, fun...so no need for angst and drama.

London

Good luck OP.

I personally think she's talking shite x"

I’m talking shit . Right ? Why would I feel the need to lie ?

London

"Well, she just sent me an image of the thing I requested... I asked her to send a specific message. She is hiding her face.

Ffs op. Are you really that gullible x"

Well I can’t be, if I’m questioning it.

London

Good luck OP.

"

I merely wanted to give an update and see what you thought.If it was the drama I was seeking, trust me, you will see I would keep posting over and over again similar situations.

All of you, I assume, have been on here much longer. I am quite new and I’ve only met one person on here, from FAB. This forum is about giving advice, but there has been some less understanding posters.

London

"Simply ask for a picture of her holding a spoon. No filth, no nudes, nothing. Simple picture holding a spoon including face

Maybe because I’m American we do things differently here... But can you please explain all this picture taking to prove someone is real thing to me?

They way I have always done it ... is to exchange face pics , send my number, have a voice/video chat , and then meet.

"

Hi,

It’s because pictures can be duped, as you already know. Plus, understandably, some members are wary to give out phone numbers or do live cam chats (fear of being recorded). Asking someone to take a random photo...holding a spoon, writing a certain message .... basically catches them off guard and it will prove that the person in the photo is genuine.

London

"Simply ask for a picture of her holding a spoon. No filth, no nudes, nothing. Simple picture holding a spoon including face

Or a daily newspaper.

Hun the D/s life style is about trust and communication. From what you have said I would be extremely wary. For her to express her "hurt" as you describe feels more manipulative than genuine.

Your submission is your gift to give. Not anyone's to demand and the pace is yours to set not hers.

So adding her behavior to the possibility of being catfished says you are right to be wary xx"

Thank you, this is very kind.

Well I can’t be, if I’m questioning it."

Her hairs changed

She's got different eyes

She's got a different nose

She's got you jumping through hoops

She's got you sending her sex videos

She covers her face

You think it's a tv

I'm sorry but from an outsider reading through this thread it just makes you look gullible

People have given you advice and you keep saying aww but aww but. It's hard to read x

Sounds like a black-mail situation to me. Heard about people being black-mailed when they send explicit videos with face in.

London

Her hairs changed

She's got different eyes

She covers her face

You think it's a tv

I'm sorry but from an outsider reading through this thread it just makes you look gullible

People have given you advice and you keep saying aww but aww but. It's hard to read x"

Ok, well I simply wanted to give an update. But your right, and I agree, it all sounds fishy. I’ve already said what I needs to “say” to her and I’ve blocked her. Thanks for your honest advice.

London

"Sounds like a black-mail situation to me. Heard about people being black-mailed when they send explicit videos with face in."

Well, I’ve never sent explicit images of myself with my face in. In fact, I didn’t sent any. I refused to do so.

"'She' now has a video of you doing a gesture that she can use to con other women into believing she's real. Probably the same way 'she' got the video to send to you- 'she' has used pics and videos of different women.

Have you sent 'her' any pics of you? She will use those too. "

Good point

Its a double bluff when she says walk away

She wont meet

She is a he.

Fet life is a good site, only meet people who are verified by regular and trusted members and they will vouch for them. But the same goes for here as well, there are a few Mistresses/Dominants around on here as well.

Men often collect pics and videos so they can have a wank. You got taken in and caught up in the moment, dont beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes, especially if your nature is to please people, which subbing is alot about, but do learn from it.

Good luck in finding someone.

Her hairs changed

She's got different eyes

She covers her face

You think it's a tv

People have given you advice and you keep saying aww but aww but. It's hard to read x

Ok, well I simply wanted to give an update. But your right, and I agree, it all sounds fishy. I’ve already said what I needs to “say” to her and I’ve blocked her. Thanks for your honest advice."

Anytime chick

Just get a bit of savvy about you and go with your gut

Good luck x

Hi,

It’s because pictures can be duped, as you already know. Plus, understandably, some members are wary to give out phone numbers or do live cam chats (fear of being recorded). Asking someone to take a random photo...holding a spoon, writing a certain message .... basically catches them off guard and it will prove that the person in the photo is genuine."

Ok so a picture with a spoon is more proof than a live cam chat.

Just so you know a cam chat is just two people looking at each other live. Basically just two faces being shown. What people could record and black mail with is beyond my simple brain.

Just a little advice don’t go through all this trouble in the future for casual sex. This is supposed to be fun not something to get you stressed about...

Hi,

It’s because pictures can be duped, as you already know. Plus, understandably, some members are wary to give out phone numbers or do live cam chats (fear of being recorded). Asking someone to take a random photo...holding a spoon, writing a certain message .... basically catches them off guard and it will prove that the person in the photo is genuine.

Just so you know a cam chat is just two people looking at each other live. Basically just two faces being shown. What people could record and black mail with is beyond my simple brain.

Just a little advice don’t go through all this trouble in the future for casual sex. This is supposed to be fun not something to get you stressed about..."

Trust your gut.

"'She' now has a video of you doing a gesture that she can use to con other women into believing she's real. Probably the same way 'she' got the video to send to you- 'she' has used pics and videos of different women.

Have you sent 'her' any pics of you? She will use those too.

Good point

Its a double bluff when she says walk away

She wont meet

She is a he.

Fet life is a good site, only meet people who are verified by regular and trusted members and they will vouch for them. But the same goes for here as well, there are a few Mistresses/Dominants around on here as well.

Men often collect pics and videos so they can have a wank. You got taken in and caught up in the moment, dont beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes, especially if your nature is to please people, which subbing is alot about, but do learn from it.

Good luck in finding someone. "

Well said

OP you've still not answered the questions about how the very similar situation you posted about last year panned out?

Did you not learn from that?

London

"OP you've still not answered the questions about how the very similar situation you posted about last year panned out?

Did you not learn from that?"

Oh sorry !

Well, from that encounter... that’s when I first joined FAB, I came across the “woman” aka a man, who seemed genuine, we furthered our conversation via KiK, a messaging app. She requested to send pictures via the KIK’s live camera to prove that I’m genuine (which is true, but I later found out you can fake these). She also sent me photos via the KIK camera, which suggested to me she was who she said she was.

She asked me to send explicit photos of myself via the KIK camera , which I did but I never showed my face in these, but still... I kept requesting social meet ups but she always had an excuse. The first clue, that suggested to me that she might be fake was when I asked what was her Occupation, it was predominantly a Male profession, that probably might sound sexist.

I then remembered what someone mentioned to me, who I met online, that to catch a fake...catch them off guard and request that they do something odd (e.g. holding a spoon on your nose, showing two fingers, balancing a book on your head) as you can fake cams/videos and photos.

Taking that on board, I asked the “woman” aka the man, to do a live web cam chat.... which took FOREVER for “her” to do but I assume she thought I was going to show some nooky on Cam, so the risk was worth it. Once we were on live webcam, it was CLEAR that the video was taped/recorded in some way... just to be sure, I asked her “can you show me three fingers please”. “She” immediantly clocked on, turned the web cam off and blocked me. I managed to contact one of her veri’s as they put up a good veri of her and reckoned she was genuine. However, when speaking to them, they too had slight concerns but couldn’t be one hundred percent sure.

From this, I learnt not to show explicit pictures of myself to anyone. If they want to test I’m genuine, I’ll just show them a simple picture where I am fully clothed.

I would ask for proper verification, for example, a phone call, doing something random on camera/ video.

"OP you've still not answered the questions about how the very similar situation you posted about last year panned out?

Did you not learn from that?

Oh sorry !

Well, from that encounter... that’s when I first joined FAB, I came across the “woman” aka a man, who seemed genuine, we furthered our conversation via KiK, a messaging app. She requested to send pictures via the KIK’s live camera to prove that I’m genuine (which is true, but I later found out you can fake these). She also sent me photos via the KIK camera, which suggested to me she was who she said she was.

She asked me to send explicit photos of myself via the KIK camera , which I did but I never showed my face in these, but still... I kept requesting social meet ups but she always had an excuse. The first clue, that suggested to me that she might be fake was when I asked what was her Occupation, it was predominantly a Male profession, that probably might sound sexist.

I then remembered what someone mentioned to me, who I met online, that to catch a fake...catch them off guard and request that they do something odd (e.g. holding a spoon on your nose, showing two fingers, balancing a book on your head) as you can fake cams/videos and photos.

Taking that on board, I asked the “woman” aka the man, to do a live web cam chat.... which took FOREVER for “her” to do but I assume she thought I was going to show some nooky on Cam, so the risk was worth it. Once we were on live webcam, it was CLEAR that the video was taped/recorded in some way... just to be sure, I asked her “can you show me three fingers please”. “She” immediantly clocked on, turned the web cam off and blocked me. I managed to contact one of her veri’s as they put up a good veri of her and reckoned she was genuine. However, when speaking to them, they too had slight concerns but couldn’t be one hundred percent sure.

From this, I learnt not to show explicit pictures of myself to anyone. If they want to test I’m genuine, I’ll just show them a simple picture where I am fully clothed.

I would ask for proper verification, for example, a phone call, doing something random on camera/ video.

"

And can you not see how similar that all sounds to the situation you are now describing on this thread? Maybe you should take the lessons learned from that and apply them to this latest situation

no matter

When I was on another now closed cam website you would get the savvy guys video the women and live stream to others as if they were the ones doing it.

I dont understand why you dont get a Fab fone and a cheap sim to actually do direct Facetime early on or have a Fab skype account.

Seems the most sensible way to find out if you are talking to a m or f.

To me if a person is faffing around back and forth with out video they are hiding something .

London

"When I was on another now closed cam website you would get the savvy guys video the women and live stream to others as if they were the ones doing it.

I dont understand why you dont get a Fab fone and a cheap sim to actually do direct Facetime early on or have a Fab skype account.

To me if a person is faffing around back and forth with out video they are hiding something .

"

Thank you, never thought of that. I will take this on board.

no matter

"When I was on another now closed cam website you would get the savvy guys video the women and live stream to others as if they were the ones doing it.

Thank you, never thought of that. I will take this on board."

By *rs Butterfly.Woman  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"90% of the "Doms" on FL are fake so be aware."

I would disagree with that as I am Domme and real and know several other Dommes and Doms

But I would insist on a meet before you provide anymore videos.

A good sub Domme relationships is built on trust.

Arrange a meet in a public place before you go any further.

Mrs B

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You're being catfished.

Walk away and chalk it up to experience.

By *parkle13Woman  over a year ago

Dundee

Thank you, never thought of that. I will take this on board."

mabey it's the same person as last time with a different profile..

By *haun12345Man  over a year ago

Dunstable

You sound like a very wise head on young shoulders. What you could've done was to request her to make a gesture that you alone have decided upon. That way the other person can't just use a pre recorded gesture. Then if they say they haven't got time, or my hand was recently eaten by a shark or some excuse to prove themselves, then you will know they are fake.

Dunstable

Hi,

Just a little advice don’t go through all this trouble in the future for casual sex. This is supposed to be fun not something to get you stressed about..."

That's exactly what I asked some 'Doms to do when they me pictures of 'themselves'. If they have an object in their picture say a hairbrush, I asked them to take a picture of themselves holding the hairbrush. They never did or ignored it. Then if they try and money off you for something like a hotel booking,don't be daft, run away!

By *oisineandAlCouple  over a year ago

limerick

No genuine Dom/mme would request this from anyone. First meet should be face to face. I would never expect a sub or potential sub to do this online to prove themselves. This is about privacy and protection of oneself. If it feels uncomfortable then it is wrong

She may have sent a photo of her doing a specific thing but if it was something that she suggested then she could be using a fake photo? When chatting with someone I always get them to do a photo that I suggest and then I do one that they suggest. Best way to be sure though is to just video chat, like a proper back and forth chat, not just them typing and videoing as it can be a recording. Instinct is usually right x

By *eardsandboobsCouple  over a year ago

market rasen

"She may have sent a photo of her doing a specific thing but if it was something that she suggested then she could be using a fake photo? When chatting with someone I always get them to do a photo that I suggest and then I do one that they suggest. Best way to be sure though is to just video chat, like a proper back and forth chat, not just them typing and videoing as it can be a recording. Instinct is usually right x"

Back in the day you were the first couple we video chatted with lol

"She may have sent a photo of her doing a specific thing but if it was something that she suggested then she could be using a fake photo? When chatting with someone I always get them to do a photo that I suggest and then I do one that they suggest. Best way to be sure though is to just video chat, like a proper back and forth chat, not just them typing and videoing as it can be a recording. Instinct is usually right x

Back in the day you were the first couple we video chatted with lol "

You were our first couple for a lot of things!

London

"You sound like a very wise head on young shoulders. What you could've done was to request her to make a gesture that you alone have decided upon. That way the other person can't just use a pre recorded gesture. Then if they say they haven't got time, or my hand was recently eaten by a shark or some excuse to prove themselves, then you will know they are fake."

She did, she wrote a message on a piece of paper like I told her to. However, she was hiding her face AND she was in some odd pose. Very likely she was a TV.

London

"She may have sent a photo of her doing a specific thing but if it was something that she suggested then she could be using a fake photo? When chatting with someone I always get them to do a photo that I suggest and then I do one that they suggest. Best way to be sure though is to just video chat, like a proper back and forth chat, not just them typing and videoing as it can be a recording. Instinct is usually right x"

Yes ! Exactly ! As to why I then asked her “To take a photo of you writing a specific message”. She did do this but she hid her face whilst taking the photo . However, next time, I’ll do this by live video.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve never had a Dom/sub relationship where we haven’t met early on to discuss what we both want. Doing things for the Dom should only be done once you build up that trust and you should be rewarded. This sounds very one sided.

I’ve not met a Dom yet who would get turned on by explicit pics. They enjoy the control aspect.

I’d block and move on. There are fet sites where you would find a suitable Domme or Dom.

Learn to always trust your gut instinct its there for a reason.

Dunstable

"You sound like a very wise head on young shoulders. What you could've done was to request her to make a gesture that you alone have decided upon. That way the other person can't just use a pre recorded gesture. Then if they say they haven't got time, or my hand was recently eaten by a shark or some excuse to prove themselves, then you will know they are fake.

She did, she wrote a message on a piece of paper like I told her to. However, she was hiding her face AND she was in some odd pose. Very likely she was a TV."

Oh yeah sorry didn't see that bit. Well if she looks different to her fab pics and is now hiding her face then that sounds very dodgy.

By *r.ringMan  over a year ago

totton

I think it’s very hard to trust people especially as there is so much bad press about bad things. Go with your gut feeling it’s normally going to be the right thing. I was chatting to a woman that wanted to meet up. But she was very keen odd I thought as she was much younger than me and I’m not normally that lucky. So we exchanged pics she said she was about 5 miles away and gave me an area of town that fitted the story. Just one problem I was suspicious so looked at the pic closely. It was the same person as on the profile. But the plug socket in the picture was not a uk type. It was a 2pin type. So not a new pic when I challenged her about it she just blocked me. No surprise there. I was not convinced in the first place. Follow you gut and don’t get your hopes up. Your other choice is to contact her verification people. See what comes back. Just be safe xx

Dunstable

What do you think she was trying to do?

North Yorkshire

How do you spot a fake? You have just spotted one. That is exactly how they conduct themselves. Delete and block.

North Yorkshire

"What do you think she was trying to do?"

She/he may have tried to video you waiting like a chump.

» Add a new message to this topic