FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > A question for the ladies!

A question for the ladies!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ammiejuk OP   Woman  over a year ago

Letchworth

I'm just wondering if any of you girls out there have got your tubes tied? I'm thinking of getting it done as ultimate protection against anything accidental happening.

If you have had it done how was it? How did it affect you and how long did it take?

Thanks

Sammie x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

j had hers burnt,and wanted it,took a day,went in in the morn home that,and as for sex,was the same night lol,

depends wether they open you up or if they go in the belly button for recovery time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was done many years ago.Very simple only 4 stitches from 2 small incisions and no problem other than a little discomfort (wind) for a couple of days. Back to fun very quickly with no worry of babies

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

same as above, in and out the same day, a few stitches and minimal bleeding.

Hi, I was sterilised a long time ago. I went in one afternoon and was home by tea time.

I remember there being some pain where the scope went thru my stomach, and feeling a bit uncomfortable that evening. A few days later it was as though I hadnt had anything done.

Ive had no problems from the op at all and would thoroughly recommend it.

"I'm just wondering if any of you girls out there have got your tubes tied? I'm thinking of getting it done as ultimate protection against anything accidental happening.

If you have had it done how was it? How did it affect you and how long did it take?

Thanks

Sammie x"

They wouldnt do it on me.. said that its far easier for the guy to have it done..

Also my mum had me after she had this done.. and then my sister too...

After this she had a version that couldnt be reversed..

cali

Just make sure you have def finished your family. I thought i had at the age of 21 but after having 3 children and a faild relationship i then met a fantastic man who i despretly wanted a family with. I was told even if i had my clips taken off it wouldnt work and i'm too old for ivf plus as i've got 3 grown up children i wouldnt be entitled to it anyway.

All that aside i had a little bit of pain and wind. I think then they used to put air in you. Now days its all keyhole xx

By *ammiejuk OP   Woman  over a year ago

Letchworth

Great thanks for the replies, think I will go and ask my doctor about getting it done, i'm 36 and have 3 children and definately don't want anymore, the hormonal contraceptives i bleed on all the time so no good for me. I just hope the waiting list isn't too long!

By *heekyladyCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I had mine done around 14 years ago with clamps. The only pain I had was with the wind. The pain from the incision wasn't bad at all, just a little tender. But good god the wind was blummin awful. The day after I was smashing.

Good luck.

I had mine done 10yrs ago, was having to have a C section anyway, so they agreed to do it at the same time

i went to get done after my second child and my doctor refused me based on my age, even tho i had two kid and didnt want any more he said i wasnt old enough so he sent my then husband to get the snip instead cause he was older

if anyone understands the logic in that please tell me cause it still makes me laugh

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I had mine done whilst I was having my c-section, as an emergency, as I'd had a heart attack and the doctors decided it would be too dangerous to have another child.

But I remember the doctor telling me the formula they use for women who want to be steralised.

Age x amount of children.

Should total 100 or over.

If not..... they really don't like doing it.

As for giving men a vasectomy.

It's easier to reverse.

Its (in general) the women that want to have another child in a new marriage (apparently)

It's a simpler and quicker operation

And...... it's cheaper to do (saving the NHS money)

I only wanted three children and at 29 I had and wanted to be sterilised. As my son was delivered prematurely by emergency caesarian they wouldn't do it.

Sadly my son died and I was pregnant six months later. It's only when I went for a scan they told me my son had died of a congenital heart defect not cot death. I was angry as I wouldn't have chanced another pregnancy, my other children were tested and were fine.

I decided to be sterilised when I had the baby as it turned out she had a whole in her heart. They were still hesitant but I pointed out I'd have had three Caesarians in four years so enough already.

I've never wanted children from multiple partners...like it simple they all head off in the same direction come Father's Day. So a week after my 31st birthday I had my fourth and last child and was sterilised.

Never had any regrets.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Age x amount of children.

Should total 100 or over."

Thats silly. That means women with one child have to wait til they're 100, and even women with 2 children will have hit menopause before they'll do it. I think its lucky most NHS regions are different.

And its all well and good for them to say vasectomies are cheaper but, until 100% men will have a vasectomy again, thats a very unrealistic goal.

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Great thanks for the replies, think I will go and ask my doctor about getting it done, i'm 36 and have 3 children and definately don't want anymore, the hormonal contraceptives i bleed on all the time so no good for me. I just hope the waiting list isn't too long!"

Have u tried the implant? Works great for me.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Age x amount of children.

Should total 100 or over.

Thats silly. That means women with one child have to wait til they're 100, and even women with 2 children will have hit menopause before they'll do it. I think its lucky most NHS regions are different.

And its all well and good for them to say vasectomies are cheaper but, until 100% men will have a vasectomy again, thats a very unrealistic goal."

I have to stress, I was steralised nearly 18 years ago, that may have changed, but it's what I was told by the doctors in the hospital.

And I didn't say they wouldn't do it, just that they didn't like doing it under that forumla.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

the implant is the same hormones so if, like me, they don't agree, then the other option is the copper coil. I bled every day and was 'irritable' on the hormones (moody, weepy, ready to kill someone...). I'd love to have my tubes tied but since i've never wanted children they won't do it in case i change my mind! Apparently they'll reconsider in a couple of years . But i would recommend the copper coil in the meantime. My bleeds were longer to start with but have settled back down to what they were before, and it means i have the security of belt and braces.

» Add a new message to this topic